Which Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    2Cor 5.19
    ” 19namely, that (A)God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, (B)not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation”

Yet God was in heaven as Jesus told us to pray to him there.

and Col 1.19
    “19For it was (AV)the Father's good pleasure for all (AW)the fullness to dwell in Him,”

“For in Him all the (W)fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,”

Was God still in heaven?

Oxy
    Participant

Yeah well we know God has always been in Heaven, so what's your point?

It's not MY fault the Bible talks of the Father, the Son AND the Holy Spirit. I'm innocent, honest!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,

Jesus Christ, not God, came in the flesh[1 Jn 4]

Jesus said God was the Father.[Jn 8.54]

God calls the Spirit “My Spirit”[Jl 2]

Oxy
    Participant

I'm getting tired of repeating myself here Nick, but here we go again.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So we see that the Word was God, along WITH God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.
    And the Word became flesh and was called Jesus

Jesus said Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

So as I've said before. If Jesus calls the Holy Spirit He, then it's good enough for me.

Oxy
    Participant

God only became a Father when Jesus was born.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some students of the bible are too easily satisfied methinks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 19 2006,05:30)
    God only became a Father when Jesus was born.

Hi Oxy,
    If that is so then Jesus is not the only begotten Son of God.
    He is just the son of God and Mary.

Oxy
    Participant

Isn't that what begotten means?

Matthew 1 is full of who begat who, and those who are begat are begotten. What's the problem?

http://www.dictionary.com describes begotten this way: To father; sire.

So by Jesus being the Son of God and Mary, He was in actual fact, begotten or begat.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 19 2006,05:46)
    Isn't that what begotten means?  

Matthew 1 is full of who begat who, and those who are begat are begotten. What's the problem?

http://www.dictionary.com describes begotten this way: To father; sire.

So by Jesus being the Son of God and Mary, He was in actual fact, begotten or begat.

Hi oxy,
    No.
    There is a thread on MONOGENES the greek word meaning “only begotten” and one thing it does not mean is
    “born” or “begotten”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi casey,
    And here

kenrch
    Participant

Seventh Day and the Law.

Isa 42:21 It pleased Jehovah, for his righteousness' sake, to magnify the law, and make it honorable.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Mat 5:28 but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jesus came and magnified the Law. The Law is no longer physical but spiritual. That is why in the OT you could lust and not sin. But now that the Law is spiritual it is a sin to
    lust.

Jesus said:Mat 5:17 Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Here is the scripture:
    Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The righteousness of the Pharisees WAS the LETTER of the Law not the SPIRIT of the Law!

In Matt. 5:21-48 Jesus explains the differance, what was done then and what He “expects” of us NOW!

So are we under the Letter of the Law NO! We are under a more strict SPIRITUAL Law! We have the Holy Spirit to guide us now and to convict us if necessary.

Here is an analogy:
    You are walking along and find a wallet/billfold it has money in it. You take the money and throw the wallet/billfold away. Hey! You found that money you didn't steal it! That is the Old Testament Law.

Again same as above but now you are led by the Spirit and you come across the wallet/billfold with money in it. Well look what I found your brain tells you. But the Spirit says NO!, NO!,NO look in the wallet find out who the wallet/billfold belongs to and RETURN it! New Testament Law

If you had disobeyed the Holy Spirit then my friend you HAVE sinned.

Paul had a hard time explaining this to the people at that time. In fact so hard a time that Peter said Paul's writings were hard to understand (2Peter 3:15-16).
    Paul's writings are hard to understand as Peter said. That is why one minute Paul is saying “we are not under the law but grace” and the next minute he is saying God forbid.

In Romans 7 & 8 Paul seems to get it somewhat straight.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not.
    Rom 7:19 For the good which I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I practise.
    Rom 7:20 But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me.
    Rom 7:21 I find then the law, that, to me who would do good, evil is present.
    Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [SPIRIT]
    Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.
    Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?
    Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I of myself with the mind, indeed, serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace:
    *Rom 8:7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; “for it is not subject to the law of God”, neither indeed can it be:
    Rom 8:8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So we are to do as Jesus fulfill the Law NOT do away with the Law!

Rom 3:31 Do we then make the law of none effect through faith? “God forbid: nay”, “WE ESTABLISH THE LAW”.

So then, are the Ten Commandment Law of God done away with?
    GOD FORBID!
    ————–
    It's not HOW MUCH GOD YOU HAVE It's HOW MUCH OF YOU DOES GOD HAVE

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Are you Jewish?
    No?
    Then when were you placed under the OT law?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Would you say there is no salvation outside of the JW faith? Does this burden you for others like us or not? Does it make you strive for unity with that body daring not to question their doctrines?

david
    Participant

'Hey Paul and Peter, do you think there is no salvation outside of your new religion? You are just men.'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Did Peter and Paul set up a new RELIGION?
    Do you think Peter and Paul were more than ordinary men, inspired by the Spirit of Christ, just as we can be?

James defined true religion for us.
    James 1
    ” 26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

So back to the questions?

david
    Participant

Hi david,

Interestingly, some of the Jews asked whether the activity of Jesus Christ represented “a new teaching.” (Mark 1:27)

Later, some Greeks thought the apostle Paul was introducing a “new teaching.” (Acts 17:19, 20)

It was new to the ears of those who were hearing it, but the important thing was that it was the truth, in full harmony with God’s Word.

what questions?

Hi david,

Interestingly, some of the Jews asked whether the activity of Jesus Christ represented “a new teaching.” (Mark 1:27)

Later, some Greeks thought the apostle Paul was introducing a “new teaching.” (Acts 17:19, 20)

It was new to the ears of those who were hearing it, but the important thing was that it was the truth, in full harmony with God’s Word.

what questions?

Hey David! So are you saying that the Jehovahs witnesses are introducing a new religion and that many are rejecting it therefore are rejecting Jehovah and the true Church?

:cool:

Sultan
    Participant

Here is the only RIGHT religion.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James. 1:27)

david
    Participant

Hey David! So are you saying that the Jehovahs witnesses are introducing a new religion and that many are rejecting it therefore are rejecting Jehovah and the true Church?

I don't remember saying anything like that. Please read it again W.

dave

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Can any but JWs be part of the 144,000 and can men from outside of the JWs be saved in your opinion?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account