Which Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

We have conventions, all over the world. There isn't really any other group that is so united in delivering the same message globablly.

MATTHEW 24:14
    “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”

I guess it could be considered a worldwide “event” in that the whole world is being given the opportunity, the invitation to come; and that no matter where you live, you would be hearing the same message.

You know doubt were invited to the “Deliverance At Hand” District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was a little blue tract. Usually, we don't make a special effort to invite everyone to our conventions. This time, we are inviting everyone.

As I mentioned to Nick, Epistlemaniac, in a month, you will be getting another little tract. Well, if you will accept it. It's about: “The End of False Relgion has Drawn Near.”

Where do you live anyway?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    How sad is it that this group of men is so deceived.

david
    Participant

Is it their being globally united in worship that bothers you–their being a global brotherhood?

“The work of Jehovah's Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practiced by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries of our era. . . . All are brothers.”–The Encyclopedia Canadiana, (Toronto : Grolier of Canada, c1957-80. Vol 6)

Which statment above is it that you disagree with? That JW's have conventions all over the world? That there would be true Christians unitedly preaching the kingdom message worldwide in the time of the end?
    That JW's have are in fact the only group where every member takes an active role in bringing people this good news of the kingdom or that we are in fact unitedly doing this on an unprecidented scale? That deliverance is at hand? That False Religion's end is near? What exaclty is it above that you disagree with?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Does joining the JW's join one to the body of Christ?
    If not it is just another worldly religious club.

I have dealt with JW and their doctrine is not sound. They believe that when a person dies, they cease to exist. This is easily proven untrue in the KJ. For when a man dies, if he is unsaved, his soul goes to hell and is reserved there until the day of judgement.

When a man is born again, when he dies, he dies in the flesh or as referred to in scripture as asleep, but his soul goes to be with Christ.

The bible says that Jesus tasted death for all men. Now, since we are die in the flesh, it cannot be referring to the death of the flesh. So what does it mean?

When Jesus died, because he lived a life without sin, he defeated death. He went into the lower parts and preached to the righteous dead who's souls were being held in death because of original sin.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

The souls were taken from the place, referred to as the Bosom of Abraham by Jesus, and the captives were set free from the bondage of death. They are now with the Lord. Proof of this is when he comes for the bride on the day of resurrection. It says that when Jesus comes for the church, that the souls of those who sleep will he bring with him.

1 Thess. 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

That is why when Jesus says all who believe in him will never die. Because if we believe in him, even though we die in the flesh, our soul does not.

Jesus tasted death for all and those who believe in him will never die. For Christ tasted death for all men, and those who believe in him will not taste this death, because Christ tasted it for him. It is for this reason that he who believes in Christ will never die.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 09 2006,17:15)
    Jesus tasted death for all and those who believe in him will never die. For Christ tasted death for all men, and those who believe in him will not taste this death, because Christ tasted it for him. It is for this reason that he who believes in Christ will never die.

Hi H,
    Your understanding of belief of course is obedient belief as demons do not benefit from theirs.

Death as spoken of by Jesus here is the second death?
    Jesus has not tasted that death.

I think what he meant by
    “those who live and believe in me will never die ' in Jn 11.25
    relates to the rapture.

Those believers who are alive when he returns will neither experience the first nor the second death.

What do you think?

Oxy
    Participant

I love the Word of God, Jesus
    I love the Father and the Spirit
    I love the Scriptures also, but not as much as the Living Word

I understand what you are saying Nick, but those who are alive when Jesus comes will die. The scriptures say we will be changed. Yet, we will die. For the seed must die. Does it not say so? So all must, all will die in the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 10 2006,07:59)

Hi oxy,
    Would you divide God from His Spirit?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 10 2006,20:22)

Hi oxy,

I have not divided anything.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Aug. 12 2006,08:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 10 2006,20:22)

Hi oxy,

I have not divided anything.

Hi Oxy,
    If you teach that the Spirit
    is a person
    which is not the Father,
    in God,
    you have separated God from His own Spirit.

Oxy
    Participant

I have not said any such thing Nick. You really have to stop putting words in my mouth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    It is not you that has developed this new teaching about God. It is old and the fruit of of the apostasy when the young church followed a Roman Emperor thus committing spiritual adultery. This new teaching was not taught by the prophets, or by Jesus, or by the disciples of Jesus in their sacred writings.
    So it is not from the teachings of the scriptures so it musts be tested according to them as do all new teachings. It has failed all those tests.
    Since it is the fruit of an adulterous church and not the body of Christ should we not regard it with serious concern?
    Do we not prove our faithfulness to Jesus by our abiding in his teachings?
    How can we say we follow him if we promote and teach what he did not teach?
    Does that not suggest we are rather following the men who developed this new teaching?

God is One.
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Oxy
    Participant

Hi Nick,

If the Holy Spirit is God the Father, why does the Bible identify Him seperately?

And Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

Why does Jesus call the Holy Spirit He?

And if the Holy Spirit is the Father, why doesn't Scripture simplify matters by just saying the Father will come?

Oxy
    Participant

Nick, I expect answers that even I can understand!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    God is in heaven, that is His Throne.
    But He does all His work on earth, which is His footstool, in various ways, through His Spirit.
    In Lk 11 the spirit is called “the finger of God'

Is 66.1-2
    “1Thus says the LORD,
    “(A)Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool
    Where then is a (B)house you could build for Me?
    And where is a place that I may rest?
    2″For ÂMy hand made all these things,
    Thus all these things came into being,” declares the LORD
    “But to this one I will look,
    To him who is humble and (D)contrite of spirit, and who (E)trembles at My word.”

We must not make assumptions or speculate when things are not revealed as such is contrary to the ways of God.
    We must not separate what is not shown to be separate, God from his own Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Is not the Spirit of God extraordinary
    is what we should say
    rather than saying the Spirit has individual qualities
    therefore must be an individual.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    When you look at a verse like Phil 2.13
    “13for it is (A)God who is at work in you, both to will and to work (B)for His good pleasure.”
    Does it cause you to think God is only in the person spoken of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Or Eph 2.22,
    “21(A)in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into (B)a holy temple in the Lord,

22in whom you also are being Âbuilt together into a (D)dwelling of God in the Spirit.”

When God dwells in the body of Christ even does that mean He is not also still on His heavenly throne?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account