Which generation was not to pass away?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Which generation was not to pass away?…
    Was it really the generation of 1914?

After I'd finished that article on 'Where are the anointed Brothers of Christ now?” Something else surfaced in my mind about what the Watchtower Society teaches about the year 1914. That, that was the generation that 'would not pass away'. But the article I wrote, really woke me up as to what Generation Jesus was actually talking about, and it wasn't the year 1914 that he had in mind when he uttered that Prophecy!

That was the generation still alive during the 'Harvest Season' that was not to pass away! That was the generation that he was talking about, and that can be scripturally proven! As I will now go on to show!

The scripture that I will now use to begin this discussion is found at Matthew 13:24-30 and verses 36-43 which explains what Jesus was actually saying to his disciples. “The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man that sowed fine seed in his field. While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat, and left. When the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds appeared also. So the slaves of the householder came up and said to him, Master did you not sow fine seed in your field? How then does it come to have weeds?' He said to them, an enemy, a man did this.' They said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?' He said, 'No; that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the harvest season I will tell THE REAPERS. First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up,{The Goatlike ones} then go to gathering the wheat into my storehouse.' {The anointed class} ”

This brings into question, the disfellowshipping process as praticed by the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses, for how do they know when they disfellowship someone that they are not disfellowshipping one of the anointed remnant? Thereby, in so doing, they 'uproot' one of the fine seed, the 'wheat-class'? Jesus told them, not to do that, did he not?

{Now, I know that this is a long read,and I also know that most are familiar with this passage of scripture; still, may it be, that you have, as I have for many years,missed the full significance of what Jesus was here saying.} Now,to continue with this reading:

Verse 36 tells us this, in part: …”his disciples came to him and said: “Explain to us the illustration of the weeds in the field.” In responce he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of Man; the field is the World;' as for the fine seed, these are the Sons of the Kingdom; but the weeds are the Sons of the wicked one, and the enemy that sowed them is the devil.' The harvest IS A CONCLUSION OF A SYSTEM OF THINGS and the reapers ARE ANGELS. Therefore just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. The Son of Man WILL SEND FORTH HIS ANGELS, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and persons who are doing lawlessness, and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where {their} weeping and the gnashing of {their} teeth will be.” Now, this is a reference to Matthew 25:31-46 where Jesus arrives with all of his angels to do the separating work between the sheep-like ones, and the goat-like class, and the goatlike ones are thrown into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels and burned up. [Matthew 25:41}

So, the “great crowd” said to be gathered by the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, that is supposed to survive the end of this system of things at Armageddon is not the great crowd that the Revelation account speaks about. The reason being, it is the Christ himself who gathers both classes by means of the angels. What a disappointment for all of the followers of the Governing Body!

Now,since the HARVEST takes place at 'the conclusion of the system of things', and we know that because Jesus sends forth his Angels, not only to gather his anointed Brothers, but also the great crowd of sheeplike ones; AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS! ¨ {Matthew 24:29-31} {Matthew 25:31-46}

Now, since we have not experienced the great tribulation as yet, and the end of this system of things has not yet arrived, and the angels in the Revelation 7:1-9} account are still holding tight the four winds of World destruction, we are very probably right now in the harvest season, and it is the generation alive at this very moment in time that was not to pass away. Not the generation of 1914 at all! The generation of 1914 is now 95 years old, and according to the Bible time table for the length of any mans life is only eighty years. So, the generation of 1914 is well past the limit allowed for a generation! {Psalms 90:10} Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
    Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

That fig tree is Israel, it brought forth leaves in 1948 when Israel became a nation again; that is when that generation started that will not pass away till all things be fulfilled.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

A generation is 70 years, only if you're healthy might you live longer.

Psa 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 21 2009,15:09)
    Texas

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:  
    Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

That fig tree is Israel, it brought forth leaves in 1948 when Israel became a nation again; that is when that generation started that will not pass away till all things be fulfilled.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.  

Psa 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.  

Georg

Cindy!
    What you have said here about Irael being that fig-tree, is quite wrong, because the Nation of Irael, as a whole was rejected by Jehovah, because they rejected the Messiah when he came on the scene, they are no longer the Nation that he was using. Jesus showed that rejection by telling them, what he did in Matthew 23:37-39! Look it up and read it for yourself. In part though, it says, “Look your house is abandoned to you.” Jehovah, after that, would have no further dealings with them, and he showed his rejection of them when he allowed General Titus leading the Roman Army to completely destroy the Temple where the Jews carried on their Worship of him. After that, there was nowhere for them to carry on their worship of him. All that remains today is the Wailing wall, but as to the Temple it is completely gone! That was done in the year 70ce, and to this day, it is as Jesus foretold it would be: “Not a stone left upon a stone will be left and not be thrown down.” {Matthew 24:1,2}

What Jesus was referring to when he used that parable of the fig Tree, was a reference to the sign of his coming into kingdom power. They knew that when that Fig Tree was fully blossomed that summer was here. Likewise, in the sign of his presence in kingdom power he gave them a composite sign made up of many things happening all at the same time, all around this World, and like that fully blossomed Fig Tree, when they saw all of the things Jesus foretold, the complete sign of his preasence in kindom power, they would then know, as we do today because that sign is almost complete now. That Jesus is now in Kingdom power!That Fig Tree, as it were, is almost fully blossomed, because that complete sign of his presence is undergoing fulfillment right now. That is the meaning of the parable of the Fig-Tree!! Texas!

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 22 2009,00:12)

Texas

Georg

Cindy!
    What you have said here about Irael being that fig-tree, is quite wrong, because the Nation of Irael, as a whole was rejected by Jehovah, because they rejected the Messiah when he came on the scene, they are no longer the Nation that he was using. Jesus showed that rejection by telling them, what he did in Matthew 23:37-39! Look it up and read it for yourself. In part though, it says, “Look your house is abandoned to you.” Jehovah, after that, would have no further dealings with them, and he showed his rejection of them when he allowed General Titus leading the Roman Army to completely destroy the Temple where the Jews carried on their Worship of him. After that, there was nowhere for them to carry on their worship of him. All that remains today is the Wailing wall, but as to the Temple it is completely gone! That was done in the year 70ce, and to this day, it is as Jesus foretold it would be: “Not a stone left upon a stone will be left and not be thrown down.” {Matthew 24:1,2}

What Jesus was referring to when he used that parable of the fig Tree, was a reference to the sign of his coming into kingdom power. They knew that when that Fig Tree was fully blossomed that summer was here. Likewise, in the sign of his presence in kingdom power he gave them a composite sign made up of many things happening all at the same time, all around this World, and like that  fully blossomed Fig Tree, when they saw all of the things Jesus foretold, the complete sign of his preasence in kindom power, they would then know, as we do today because that sign is almost complete now. That Jesus is now in Kingdom power!That Fig Tree, as it were, is almost fully blossomed, because that complete sign of his presence is undergoing fulfillment right now. That is the meaning of the parable of the Fig-Tree!! Texas!

Cindy!
    Did you notice, in both instances in Matthew 24:33 and Mark13:29 Jesus here used illustrations, that the people he was addressing should have known the meaning of. Allow me too quote both of these passages of scripture now, so as to make my point.

Now, I couldn't properly finish my first reply to you, in my last Post to you,because my Daughter was calling me to the Table for breakfast, and she hates it when things are allowed to get cold, so I had to rush through my last reply to you. In doing that rushing, I had to leave out some points that I wanted to cover. Allow me now, to cover those points.

In the three instances where the Christ made reference to the fig tree, was in Matthew 24: 33 and Mark 13:29 and Luke 21:29. Now these three Chapters are dealing wih the composite sign of the Christ in Kingdom power, and Jesus likened this sign to a fig tree in full bloom, that just as we knew that a Fig Tree when in full bloom, its fruit was ready for picking and eating. so, too with the composite sign of his presence in kindom power, when we saw, all of the things that Jesus foretold happening at the same time all around our globe we would know that the kingdom of God was near,'even at the doors.' Note how Jesus words this for us:

“Now learn from the Fig Tree AS AN ILLUSTRATION this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. Likewise also you, WHEN YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS, {the entire composite sign of his presence} know that he is near at the doors. {Matthew 24:33} So, Jesus used the Parable of the Fig Tree to drive home a point. The point being, when they, {or all of us, for that matter} saw all of the sign in evidence all around our Globe, 'For ALL THE TREES' TODAY ARE GROWING ALL AROUND OUR GLOBE! In like manner, just as they would know that when a Fig Tree is fully ripe and its fruit is ready for picking and eating then,when they, or we, saw all of the Trees in bloom just as the signs of the presence of Christ in kingdom power were in evidence, we would know that, that kingdom of God was at the very doors.”

The Apostle Luke has even more to tell us about this illustration of the Fig Tree, for he stated: “With that he spoke an illustration to them: Note the Fig Tree AND ALL THE OTHER TREES; When they are already in the bud, by observing it you know for yourselves that now the summer is near. IN THIS WAY you also, when you see these things occuring, know that the Kingdom of God is near.” {Luke 21:29} Notice! Jesus said, 'in this way?” Just as they was able to compare and know that summer was near by observing 'All of the Trees'; so, too, with the composite sign of his presence, they should also have known, {As we should also} that, like those trees in full bloom, when the entire sign of his presence was in evidence all around our Globe, just as 'ALL THE TREES would be, we should, as they should have known that the kingdom of God was near!

Now Cindy, you said that, your belief, was, that the Fig Tree pictured Israel. I must ask you then, who do ALL THE OTHER TREES PICTURE? By what scriptures do you establish that belief? The Apostle Paul told us at 2 Corinthians 13:1 to 'establish EVERY MATTER at the mouth of two, or three witnesses,'so, do as Paul directed, supply your witnesses to establish what you believe. Without those witnesses, your belief is not worth its salt! If you do not wish to prove your belief to anyone else, at least prove it to yourself. Maybe if, and when, you do that you may wish to change your belief so that it harmonizes more closely with what the Bible actually teaches! Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

I stand by what I said about the fig tree being Israel.
    God had made an unconditional covenant with Abraham, and his descendants; I have also given you numerous scriptures, on another thread, showing that God would not abandon his people, the Israelites. God has again and again punished them severely for their disobedience, and idolatry, but as Paul said, they are beloved for the fathers sake, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel).

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
    Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

I can not force you to believe the scriptures, I can only show them to you.
    As for signs of Christs presents, let me give you some.

Dan 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

These are the two legs of iron of the statue, the Roman empire.

Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

The feet and toes represent mans final attempt to rule the world by one “World Government”. It started out as the seventh head after the first WW.

Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The beast in question is the beast with seven heads, they represent the seven world ruling empires of the bible. When the Roman empire fell, there was no more World Government, until the appearance of head number seven, the “LEAGUE of NATION”.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

The horn are all the nations that were members of the “League of Nation”.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

This beast power came into being in 1918, but as prophesied, lasted only a short while, till 1946.
    However, as prophesied as well, out of it came the eighth, the “UNITED NATION”.

Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

You also need to understand that “ten” does not mean ten individuals, ten means all included. The ten toes are all the nations united under this government.

Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Has this “Government” been any more successful then any of the ones before it? I think we all know the answer to that.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

It has been during the days of these kings, that the God of heaven has been setting up his kingdom.
    What does setting up mean?
    If an orchestra comes to town, and wants to perform in a stadium, what is it they have to do first? they have to first “SET UP” the stage.
    Setting up Christs kingdom means, he first has to resurrect the saints that will rule with him, and next, they have to be toughed, and trained for their position.
    If you look around, we are about to witness the destruction of this last “World Government”.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 22 2009,02:17)

Quote (Texas @ April 22 2009,00:12)

Texas

Georg

Cindy!

What Jesus was referring to when he used that parable of the fig Tree, was a reference to the sign of his coming into kingdom power. They knew that when that Fig Tree was fully blossomed that summer was here. Likewise, in the sign of his presence in kingdom power he gave them a composite sign made up of many things happening all at the same time, all around this World, and like that  fully blossomed Fig Tree, when they saw all of the things Jesus foretold, the complete sign of his preasence in kindom power, they would then know, as we do today because that sign is almost complete now. That Jesus is now in Kingdom power!That Fig Tree, as it were, is almost fully blossomed, because that complete sign of his presence is undergoing fulfillment right now. That is the meaning of the parable of the Fig-Tree!! Texas!

Cindy!
    Did you notice, in both instances in Matthew 24:33 and Mark13:29 Jesus here used illustrations, that the people he was addressing should have known the meaning of. Allow me too quote both of these passages of scripture now, so as to make my point.

Now, I couldn't properly finish my first reply to you, in my last Post to you,because my Daughter was calling me to the Table for breakfast, and she hates it when things are allowed to get cold, so I had to rush through my last reply to you. In doing that rushing, I had to leave out some points that I wanted to cover. Allow me now, to cover those points.

In the three instances where the Christ made reference to the fig tree, was in Matthew 24: 33 and Mark 13:29 and Luke 21:29. Now  these three Chapters are dealing wih the composite sign of the Christ in Kingdom power, and Jesus likened this sign to a fig tree in full bloom, that just as we knew that a Fig Tree when in full bloom, its fruit was ready for picking and eating. so, too with the composite sign of his presence in kindom power, when we saw, all of the things that Jesus foretold happening at the same time all around our globe we would know that the kingdom of God was near,'even at the doors.' Note how Jesus words this for us:

“Now learn from the Fig Tree AS AN ILLUSTRATION this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. Likewise also you, WHEN YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS, {the entire composite sign of his presence} know that he is near at the doors. {Matthew 24:33} So, Jesus used the Parable of the Fig Tree to drive home a point. The point being, when they, {or all of us, for that matter} saw all of the sign in evidence all around our Globe, 'For ALL THE TREES' TODAY ARE GROWING ALL AROUND OUR GLOBE! In like manner, just as they would know that when a Fig Tree is fully ripe and its fruit is ready for picking and eating then,when they, or we, saw all of the Trees in bloom just as the signs of the presence of Christ in kingdom power  were in evidence, we would know that, that kingdom of God was at the very doors.”

The Apostle Luke has even more to tell us about this illustration of the Fig Tree, for he stated: “With that he spoke an illustration to them: Note the Fig Tree AND ALL THE OTHER TREES; When they are already in the bud, by observing it you know for yourselves that now the summer is near. IN THIS WAY you also, when you see these things occuring, know that the Kingdom of God is near.” {Luke 21:29} Notice! Jesus said, 'in this way?” Just as they was able to compare and know that summer was near by observing 'All of the Trees'; so, too, with the composite sign of his presence, they should also have known, {As we should also} that, like those trees in full bloom, when the entire sign of his presence was in evidence all around our Globe, just as 'ALL THE TREES would be, we should, as they should have known that the kingdom of God was near!

Now Cindy, you said that, your belief, was, that the Fig Tree pictured Israel. I must ask you then, who do ALL THE OTHER TREES PICTURE? By what scriptures do you establish that belief? The Apostle Paul told us at 2 Corinthians 13:1 to 'establish EVERY MATTER at the mouth of two, or three witnesses,'so, do as Paul directed, supply  your witnesses to establish what you believe. Without those witnesses, your belief is not worth its salt! If you do not wish to prove your belief to anyone else, at least prove it to yourself. Maybe if, and when, you do that you may wish to change your belief so that it harmonizes more closely with what the Bible actually teaches! Texas!

So, Cindy or Georg or whatever your real name is, you stand by everything that you have stated? My, isn't that nice? Conversely, I stand by everything I have stated to you, as well,and just as I cannot change your thinking on this matter, neither can you, change mine.Not now, not ever! Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

That is a sad admittance, you as much say, truth does not matter, only what you say does.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 22 2009,08:05)
    Texas

That is a sad admittance, you as much say, truth does not matter, only what you say does.

Georg

Cindy!
    That is really a King Sized Joke! You are the one who says by your posts that truth doesn't matter. I firmly believe that you wouldn't know the truth if it was tied to your behind in a bucket! I firmly believe also that the real truth of the Bible scares you to death, and you are afraid to live it, and teach it! I suppose that is the reason you are on this Board in the first place. Nothing is required of you on this Board, and you can get away with saying and teaching anything you like. Without worrying about being corrected by anyone! Anything but the truth, that is, I mean! Texas

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 23 2009,10:32)

Texas

Georg

Cindy!
    That is really a King Sized Joke! You are the one who says by your posts that truth doesn't matter. I firmly believe that you wouldn't know the truth if it was tied to your behind in a bucket! I firmly believe also that the real truth of the Bible scares you to death, and you are afraid to live it, and teach it! I suppose that is the reason you are on this Board in the first place. Nothing is required of you on this Board, and you can get away with saying and teaching anything you like. Without worrying about being corrected by anyone! Anything but the truth, that is, I mean! Texas

Texas

Perhaps you have not noticed, my posts are less than half of yours, not that that is so bad, however, when I reply I do it with scripture, and I say what those scriptures mean to me, and why.
    You should try it some times, it would eliminate a lot of guessing.
    I believe the only once that are scared of the truth, are the once who don't understand it.
    I ask you what I ask Nick, prove to me with scripture that I am wrong; Nick never took me up on that, are you?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi georg,
    Proof is by scripture and it's fulfillment.
    You have thought you have proof but nobody seems to agree with your calculations.

Perhaps they are wrong and you can still be saved.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,11:02)
    Hi georg,
    You have thought you have proof but nobody seems to agree with your calculations.

Not agreeing with me is expected, but that is no prove.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    The burden of proof is yours.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,11:23)
    Hi Georg,
    The burden of proof is yours.

No it's not, I have a certain responsibility to share the light, my understanding, and it's not a burden either.
    Like the watchman on the wall, when he sounds the alarm, and the people ignore him, their blood will not be on his hands.
    The burden of prove is on you, whether the information comes from me or someone else. Remember the Bereans?

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 23 2009,10:54)

Quote (Texas @ April 23 2009,10:32)

Texas

Georg

Cindy!

Texas

Perhaps you have not noticed, my posts are less than half of yours, not that that is so bad, however, when I reply I do it with scripture, and I say what those scriptures mean to me, and why.
    You should try it some times, it would eliminate a lot of guessing.
    I believe the only once that are scared of the truth, are the once who don't understand it.
    I ask you what I ask Nick, prove to me with scripture that I am wrong; Nick never took me up on that, are you?

Georg

Cindy!

Show me where in your statement that you made to me, that you did it with scripture, because I fail to see any scriptures in this following remark that you made to me!

“That is a sad admittance, you as much say, truth does not matter, only what you say does.”

Now, I do not see any scriptures supplied in that remark to me! Do you? Did I miss something here?

As far as proving you wrong! All of my Posts do that, and I supply scriptures to prove that, that,, is so! Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

You better talk with Nick, he likes this kind of nonsense.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,11:02)
    Hi georg,

Nick!
    No one on this Board agrees with me, because this whole entire world is 'lying in the power of the wicked one', and this whole entire world is being 'misled by satan the devil', and considering the fact that satan has 'blinded the minds' of probably everyone on this board, can I really expect anyone to agree with me? {1John 5:19} {Revelation 12:9} {2 Corinthians 4:3,4} Actually, I do not expect anyone to agree with me, because the majority of people in Jesus day did not agree with him. In fact,so much so, that they ended up killing him, for teaching them the truth of the Bible! Truth be told I would imagine his early followers was all killed at some point in time, because thay had a message, like I do, that they couldn't stand to hear! You are no different than the people in Jesus day! You cannot stand to listen to the truth of the Bible either! It's a case of, 'same old, same old.' Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

You not only have been indoctrinated by the JWs, you have been brain washed.

Georg

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account