Where to fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 22 2009,20:15)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2009,18:24)
    to all
    it is easy to have children it is an different story to bring them up to be adulds in God eyes not in ours,Dt 4;9 said to teach  and impress God law to your children ,of cause this is not a garanty of success with them but you have obeyed God law so you are clean of there blood  they will have to keep walking in God s way for there on lives to be saved.

And what happens when the children grow up to disagree with this narrow biblical view?  Should they be disowned?

I guess that is what Jesus wanted.

Stuart

What happens if one your kids (small apes) comes home and says “Daddy, I believe in God”.

What will you say, “don't be silly, your an ape” for crying out loud.

Is this what Charles Darwin wanted?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 22 2009,20:21)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 22 2009,20:15)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2009,18:24)
    to all
    it is easy to have children it is an different story to bring them up to be adulds in God eyes not in ours,Dt 4;9 said to teach  and impress God law to your children ,of cause this is not a garanty of success with them but you have obeyed God law so you are clean of there blood  they will have to keep walking in God s way for there on lives to be saved.

And what happens when the children grow up to disagree with this narrow biblical view?  Should they be disowned?

I guess that is what Jesus wanted.

Stuart

What happens if one your kids (small apes) comes home and says “Daddy, I believe in God”.

What will you say, “don't be silly, your an ape” for crying out loud.

Is this what Charles Darwin wanted?

What is the problem with someone of any age deciding what they would like to believe? I think it is almost certainly genetically influenced, so it may be ultimately futile to try and dissuade people. As long as the believer does the believing in full knowledge of the implications of those beliefs, then why should anyone object?

Not quite sure what is meant by the reference to Darwin. Is it a tenet of the Aryan church that you mention him everytime you need to discuss apes?

Stuart

Stu, why do sow seeds of discontention? This forum is “Where to fellowship” not what is the athiests view on fellowship. Why you even commenting in this post.

Is it just your point to create hate and discontention, and stir animosty in every blog? Or is it just your personal crusade?

Stu
    Participant

I think it is a valid question to ask a believer. Would you impose your beliefs on others? If so, why?

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 22 2009,02:48)
    I think it is a valid question to ask a believer.  Would you impose your beliefs on others?  If so, why?

Stuart

I don't impose my beliefs. I care not what faith any one is. But this a christian sight to share christian thought, to express different views.

Your is strictly anti christian, thus my questions to you.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 22 2009,21:48)
    I think it is a valid question to ask a believer.  Would you impose your beliefs on others?  If so, why?

Stuart

Hi Stu,

I used to impose my beliefs on anyone who would listen. Shoot, I even tried with those who wouldn't listen. :;):

I did it because I thought I knew the only way to God. I didn't want anyone to be “lost”. I didn't see it this way then….but I guess I imagined that God wasn't big enough to save anyone without my help! There were times I literally felt that others “salvation” was in my hands. Wow, the power trip. But it really wasn't a power trip at all, it was my indoctrination, truth be told.

Now I share my faith by living example. I find that I am faced with way more open doors to share the love of Jesus and of God.

Christians are also supposed to share their faith because love compels them to do so…….

1.2 Corinthians 5:14
    For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

These days I keep a low profile because I have been struggling with certain elements of my faith. But I still consider myself a believer, and I still want others to know the peace I find in Jesus (not necessarily in organized religion).

Love,
    Mandy

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 22 2009,23:04)

Stuart

I don't impose my beliefs. I care not what faith any one is. But this a christian sight to share christian thought, to express different views.

And what happens when the children grow up to disagree with this narrow biblical view? Should they be disowned?

Stuart

KangarooJack
    Participant

Mandy said:

Um, my daughter goes to an AWANA's group on Wednesday night.  Tonight they are learning about the Trinity and must answer the question:  Who is Jesus?  The answer they are to recite is:  God.  Hmmmm.  My daughter is adequately confused.

Mandy,
    I met the girl I married at the church that founded AWANA. The North Side Gospel Center in Chicago founded AWANA. My first year as a counselor at camp AWANA the kids put a snake in my bed. It was the day Elvis died.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 23 2009,05:55)

Stuart

Stuart

Stu,
    Don't buy Con's con. He indeed imposes his beliefs. Con is anti gospel. He wants the old covenant theocracy re-instituted. This is why I asked you if you have been reading the halloween threads.

thinker

Stu
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 25 2009,14:18)

Stuart

Stuart

Stu,
    Don't buy Con's con. He indeed imposes his beliefs. Con is anti gospel. He wants the old covenant theocracy re-instituted. This is why I asked you if you have been reading the halloween threads.

thinker

Apart from Matthew 7:12, which in any case is a second-rate version of the rule of reciprocity, I am anti-gospel.

Regarding the Halloween conversations, apart from a couple of entertaining outbursts from WJ and Tim Kraft coming up with another nonsense cause of cancer, to an atheist the threads consist of pretty dull sophistry.

As for Halloween itself, if it was encouraging people to visit one another in order to do service in the community I might be more interested but it is not so in our household we tend to ignore it.

Nevertheless thank you for asking my opinion!

Stuart

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2009,14:33)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 25 2009,14:18)

Stuart

Stuart

Stu,

thinker

Apart from Matthew 7:12, which in any case is a second-rate version of the rule of reciprocity, I am anti-gospel.

Regarding the Halloween conversations, apart from a couple of entertaining outbursts from WJ and Tim Kraft coming up with another nonsense cause of cancer, to an atheist the threads consist of pretty dull sophistry.

As for Halloween itself, if it was encouraging people to visit one another in order to do service in the community I might be more interested but it is not so in our household we tend to ignore it.

Nevertheless thank you for asking my opinion!

Stuart

Stu,
    I know you are anti gospel. But don't you think it better than Con's desire to re-institute the old covenant theocracy? Kind a like the lesser of two evils principle?

thinker

Stu
    Participant

The concept of covenant is meaningless to me, it appears to be a one-sided contract. How is Paulianity better than Judaism?

Stuart

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2009,16:57)
    The concept of covenant is meaningless to me, it appears to be a one-sided contract.  How is Paulianity better than Judaism?

Stuart

Paul is better because he abolished all the external codes and regulations. If the theocracy was re-instituted as Con wants we would have to keep it terms. So it would have meaning for you if you were forced to live under it. It's a no-brainer that you would rather be free to be an athiest under the gospel age than forced to be a servant under the OC theocracy.

thinker

Stu
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 26 2009,05:19)

The concept of covenant is meaningless to me, it appears to be a one-sided contract.  How is Paulianity better than Judaism?

Stuart

Paul is better because he abolished all the external codes and regulations. If the theocracy was re-instituted as Con wants we would have to keep it terms. So it would have meaning for you if you were forced to live under it. It's a no-brainer that you would rather be free to be an athiest under the gospel age than forced to be a servant under the OC theocracy.

thinker

How can you claim that we are in a 'gospel age'? We are in a secular age. Look at what happened to people during the dark ages and medieval centuries that were the “gospel age”. People WERE forced to follow religious mythology as fact on pain of death in many cases. Are you saying that was a great time for humanity?

Stuart

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 26 2009,07:56)

Stuart

thinker

How can you claim that we are in a 'gospel age'?  We are in a secular age.  Look at what happened to people during the dark ages and medieval centuries that were the “gospel age”. People WERE forced to follow religious mythology as fact on pain of death in many cases. Are you saying that was a great time for humanity?

Stuart

So if there is a gospel age you would prefer it over the OC theocracy?

thinker

Stu
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 26 2009,08:24)

Stuart

thinker

How can you claim that we are in a 'gospel age'?  We are in a secular age.  Look at what happened to people during the dark ages and medieval centuries that were the “gospel age”. People WERE forced to follow religious mythology as fact on pain of death in many cases. Are you saying that was a great time for humanity?

Stuart

thinker

Are you suggesting we compare a theocracy based on the OT with a theocracy based on the gospels?

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 25 2009,14:33)

Everyone who attends our Halloween (Festival) party brings something for our local food bank. It's quite a contribution, I must say…..

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 26 2009,17:19)

Stuart

thinker

Stuart

thinker

Are you suggesting we compare a theocracy based on the OT with a theocracy based on the gospels?

Stuart

What gospel “mandates” are you under? Please list them.

thinker

Stu
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 26 2009,18:51)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 26 2009,17:19)

Stuart

thinker

Stuart

thinker

Stuart

What gospel “mandates” are you under? Please list them.

thinker

You asked me whether I would prefer an OT theocracy or to “live under the gospel age”. You need to tell me how this would affect me, not ask me. Otherwise I have no idea what you mean. If your “gospel age” is NOT a theocracy then what you are really asking is whether I would like to live in a theocracy or not.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account