Where to fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Douglas
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 18 2009,01:34)
    Yes, but it is Christian to seek fellowship with Christians who believe in God our Father and his Son Jesus our Messiah. But do Trinity believers, believe this? In fact, they don't. For them the Father and the Son are the same God. How can I seek fellowship with people who according to the insight that was given to me, go against what the bible teaches? I want to interact to talk to laugh and support and believe and love together and to try and understand the bible and talk about this with others… what should I do. Internet feels like a substitute and yes it can be used to do great things, but I also hope for fellowship outside the digital world.

It sounds to me as though what you're really saying is, you want some compatible friends (in the “real” world) who share your beliefs.

I didn't find anything in what you said about doing things to help other people or for God? Or am I missing something?

igorwulff
    Participant

Can you blame me that I'm looking for fellowship also in a way to have Christians friends? I want to do this also for God, I could just as easily have had a bunch of friendships with unbelievers or have a relationship with someone who doesn't believe, but I didn't because I want to do what God wants me do. I'm trying to show others what I know and what I have received from God, and in this way I'm hoping to help them. I also try to be loving and kind to everyone, because it is what Jesus and God want me to do and because it is the right to do. This topic is about fellowship with Christians not about ways to help others (which is excellent btw), and I was just writing down how I felt about fellowship.

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 18 2009,02:19)
    Can you blame me that I'm looking for fellowship also in a way to have Christians friends? I want to do this also for God, I could just as easily have had a bunch of friendships with unbelievers or have a relationship with someone who doesn't believe, but I didn't because I want to do what God wants me do. I'm trying to show others what I know and what I have received from God, and in this way I'm hoping to help them. I also try to be loving and kind to everyone, because it is what Jesus and God want me to do and because it is the right to do. This topic is about fellowship with Christians not about ways to help others (which is excellent btw), and I was just writing down how I felt about fellowship.

Oh, I don't blame you at all, it just crossed my mind that if you were to go out and try to help people, you might meet other interesting people doing the same thing.

Lest I be thought a hypocrite, I should observe that not only do I not really have any friends who share my belief structure entirely (beliefs are very individual things once you get into the details), but I don't generally go out of my way to help people – not today at least.

I was really just thinking that usually to find real life friends you have to do real life things that give you a chance to meet people who enjoy similar sorts of things – giving you an automatic headstart on having at least some things in common.

igorwulff
    Participant

Who will listen… I've tried, but does anyone truly listen?

georg
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 18 2009,02:50)
    Who will listen… I've tried, but does anyone truly listen?

I am reading this, is the fellowship we have with Jesus and our Heavenly Father not good enough for you? And you have a wife, right? My Husband and I have also no one around here were we could fellowship with. Sometimes we just have to go to God and be patient that He will find someone for you. And if He does not want you too? That is another thing to consider. Maybe He wants you more to depend on Him. Did you ever consider that?
    Peace and Love Irene

igorwulff
    Participant

Sorry Irene, I was talking about the real world, not about you and other people I found on the internet. Didn't want to insult you or anyone. I never got a clear positive result from talking to people, perhaps later, the results will show. I think very positive of you and others here.

No I'm not married, still looking, though.

“Sometimes we just have to go to God and be patient that He will find someone for you.  And if He does not want you too?  That is another thing to consider.  Maybe He wants you more to depend on Him.  Did you ever consider that?”

I do go to God, I do ask and pray, and also ask Him to help others and bless them. Yes, I have considered that, but I also see marriage as something that is important for me, as Paul stated towards people who desire that. God loves to see a relationship between people that is centered around Him. If God doesn't want me to do that, then it isn't clear to me yet. Perhaps I do need to depend more on him…

Thank you for your reply, Irene.

georg
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 18 2009,05:24)
    Sorry Irene, I was talking about the real world, not about you and other people I found on the internet. Didn't want to insult you or anyone. I never got a clear positive result from talking to people, perhaps later, the results will show. I think very positive of you and others here.

No I'm not married, still looking, though.

“Sometimes we just have to go to God and be patient that He will find someone for you.  And if He does not want you too?  That is another thing to consider.  Maybe He wants you more to depend on Him.  Did you ever consider that?”

I do go to God, I do ask and pray, and also ask Him to help others and bless them. Yes, I have considered that, but I also see marriage as something that is important for me, as Paul stated towards people who desire that. God loves to see a relationship between people that is centered around Him. If God doesn't want me to do that, then it isn't clear to me yet. Perhaps I do need to depend more on him…

Thank you for your reply, Irene.

You very Welcome, I did not know that you are not married.

I will pray for you that God will give you a Christian Wife. It is rather important to agree on that. It is so much easier if you have a believing Mate. Also I was not offended.

God Bless you, Irene

karmarie
    Participant

Yes, but it is Christian to seek fellowship with Christians who believe in God our Father and his Son Jesus our Messiah. But do Trinity believers, believe this? In fact, they don't. For them the Father and the Son are the same God. How can I seek fellowship with people who according to the insight that was given to me, go against what the bible teaches? I want to interact to talk to laugh and support and believe and love together and to try and understand the bible and talk about this with others… what should I do. Internet feels like a substitute and yes it can be used to do great things, but I also hope for fellowship outside the digital world.

IW I know what you mean, I get the feeling at church that Jesus is God, and that God the father is ignored, it just doesnt feel right, from what was revealed to me,

But we do as people NEED other people to bond with, and the internet just isnt the same! There was people I met in church that were really special people and good to know. Just as people who werent church goers,

Tis sad and confusing

Stu
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Oct. 18 2009,15:51)

IW I know what you mean, I get the feeling at church that Jesus is God, and that God the father is ignored, it just doesnt feel right, from what was revealed to me,

But we do as people NEED other people to bond with, and the internet just isnt the same! There was people I met in church that were really special people and good to know. Just as people who werent church goers,

Tis sad and confusing

You want to try a synagogue then. They don't worship cult leaders there.

I think most Jews don't actually believe in god, so your husband might be happy enough.

You would have to sit upstairs and stay quiet though.

Stuart

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 18 2009,20:50)

Quote (karmarie @ Oct. 18 2009,15:51)

Tis sad and confusing

You want to try a synagogue then.  They don't worship cult leaders there.

I think most Jews don't actually believe in god, so your husband might be happy enough.

You would have to sit upstairs and stay quiet though.

Stuart

My husband does believe in God (he wants to be a JW) but he just doesnt talk about it, or listen ,hes not a talker, except when it comes to his vegies or what not.  :)

karmarie
    Participant

Maybe join a community of people living together? We lived in a small commune type place once, it was pretty cool, we were all really close, friends for life, no religeon was involved though

georg
    Participant

Yes, that is what happened to us too. When we had our Home built, all of the neighbors were new, so we all got together and played Cards etc. I belonged to a group that played Bridge. Even tho I am a bad Bridge player. We had fun. There are so many things that you can get involved with, you just have to look. Even if they are not Christian. Who knows, you might be entertaining an Angel.
    Irene
    :) :)

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Oct. 20 2009,13:30)
    Yes, that is what happened to us too.  When we had our Home built, all of the neighbors were new, so we all got together and played Cards etc.  I belonged to a group that played Bridge.  Even tho I am a bad Bridge player.  We had fun.  There are so many things that you can get involved with, you just have to look.  Even if they are not Christian.  Who knows, you might be entertaining an Angel.
    Irene

Greetings Georg & Irene……You folks have touched on a topical question I have not been able to get an answer to either…I consider this forum a form of fellowship there is a generous exchange of infomation and in some cases mis infomation….I sense no malice,just an honest exchange between like minded people….some more forcefull than others…

georg
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 21 2009,00:06)

Quote (georg @ Oct. 20 2009,13:30)
    Yes, that is what happened to us too.  When we had our Home built, all of the neighbors were new, so we all got together and played Cards etc.  I belonged to a group that played Bridge.  Even tho I am a bad Bridge player.  We had fun.  There are so many things that you can get involved with, you just have to look.  Even if they are not Christian.  Who knows, you might be entertaining an Angel.
    Irene

Greetings Georg & Irene……You folks have touched on a topical question I have not been able to get an answer to either…I consider this forum a form of fellowship there is a generous exchange of infomation and in some cases mis infomation….I sense no malice,just an honest exchange between like minded people….some more forcefull than others…

Yes, it is somehow a little sad to me, that it is more important that so many here, to post in the Halloween tread, then anywhere else.  I can't understand that.  Halloween tread is loaded with disagreements.  To me, that too is ridiculous, to say the lest.  Oh well can't win them all.  What is fellowship, that is more and more being ignored.  This tread has been up for ever since I can remember. It has 10 replies. The Halloween has has 85 replies. While the Halloween evangangelic has 8. Now tell me where their love is. It is so sad to me.
    Irene
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Where to fellowship (I wrote “fellowhip” first :laugh: ) is a concern.

Um, my daughter goes to an AWANA's group on Wednesday night. Tonight they are learning about the Trinity and must answer the question: Who is Jesus? The answer they are to recite is: God. Hmmmm. My daughter is adequately confused.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 21 2009,15:42)

Um, my daughter goes to an AWANA's group on Wednesday night.  Tonight they are learning about the Trinity and must answer the question:  Who is Jesus?  The answer they are to recite is:  God.  Hmmmm.  My daughter is adequately confused.

Hi Mandy

Funny, I have 3 children and 6 grandchildren and they are not confused!

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 22 2009,09:45)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 21 2009,15:42)

Um, my daughter goes to an AWANA's group on Wednesday night.  Tonight they are learning about the Trinity and must answer the question:  Who is Jesus?  The answer they are to recite is:  God.  Hmmmm.  My daughter is adequately confused.

Hi Mandy

Funny, I have 3 children and 6 grandchildren and they are not confused!

WJ

Maybe they can witness to my children then. :;):

Without saying anything to my daughter (really, I did keep my lips sealed) she studied the section on the Trinity. She looks up at me and began the list of questions that cannot be answered…….. I just smiled at her. There is so much good to be had at church – I want to give that to my daughter. But the confusing doctrines are just that.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Can I suggest that you make disciples.

That is what the early church did. They often went into areas with no believers and made believers and then had fellowship.

terraricca
    Participant

to all
    it is easy to have children it is an different story to bring them up to be adulds in God eyes not in ours,Dt 4;9 said to teach and impress God law to your children ,of cause this is not a garanty of success with them but you have obeyed God law so you are clean of there blood they will have to keep walking in God s way for there on lives to be saved.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 22 2009,18:24)
    to all
    it is easy to have children it is an different story to bring them up to be adulds in God eyes not in ours,Dt 4;9 said to teach  and impress God law to your children ,of cause this is not a garanty of success with them but you have obeyed God law so you are clean of there blood  they will have to keep walking in God s way for there on lives to be saved.

And what happens when the children grow up to disagree with this narrow biblical view? Should they be disowned?

I guess that is what Jesus wanted.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account