Where to fellowship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    georg
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,01:21)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 15 2008,08:36)
    I am torn between wanting to fellowship but also being concerned with hearing things that I feel are not scriptural or seem to be scripture taken out of context to support doctrine e.g trinity, pre-trib rapture (144k literal Jewish male virgins) etc.

Hi Meerkat,

Some may be surprised at my reply here….

If you are currently in a church, and it's a basic Christian church, I wouldn't leave her…..

Mother church is not the whore!  Good Lord.  I don't know what all these guys are talking about.  A good church is good for the soul.  It equips you so that you can go out and spread the gospel.  The fellowship soothes the soul and gives you a base to draw from.  Don't leave her…..

I've come full circle on this topic.  I left the church (where I was really involved) over the topic of the Trinity.  I wanted to be true to God, and what I felt he revealed to me.  I didn't want to support false doctrine!  I didn't want to be a apart of those who didn't know OR care (my read) about who and what God was.  I didn't want to worship Jesus as God when he wasn't!  On and on……

My advice, for what it's worth, stay.
    Spit out the seeds, and keep the fruit.
    It is possible to grow and love God, and still go to church.

Fellowship is important.  Because we cannot see God, or even hear God, we need our brother's and sister's in the Lord.  We need to hear the Word preached every Sunday (or Saturday).  It's a good thing.  It's not a whorey thing.  Keep it in perspective.  Trust me, you won't go to hell for going to church every Sunday (regardless of what some tell you here).

God knows your heart, and your heart is for Him.

Much love,
    Mandy

Mandy!  I am so sorry that you disagree with me and Nick, however,  if your Church is teaching the trinity doctrine, and most do, except those that keep the Sabbath, you are teaching a wrong doctrine.  A doctrine of a man called
    Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullian.  He was born to Pagan Parents in A.D. 155.  He studied philosophy, Greek and Latin.  It is said that the doctrine of the t4Trinity is His best achievement to Christianity.
    It is so funny to be your users name is not3in1 and yet you believe that now.  When did you change your mind, or I should say who changed your mind.
    You do know that you can't prove the trinity doctrine out of the Bible.  Or are you completely against the Bible too?  I know that there is some error in it.  But as  a whole it is still Gods inspired Word. Many still go by it.  Let me show you and meerkat some Scripture that shows us, that there is no trinity doctrine.
    Deut. 4:35 ” Unto Thee it is shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God, there is none else beside Him.”

Deut. 6:4  “Hear O Israel, The LORD our God He is one LORD.”

When you see LORD in all capital letters, it always referees to our Heavenly Father God.

1Corinth. 6:4 ” And that there is none other God but one.”

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and in us all.

And by Jesus own words He said this in

John 14:28 …. for my Father is greater then I.

Jesus also said,: I have come to do the will of my Father that is n Heaven.  I say nothing that my Father don't want me to say.
    All of that is in John.  Read the whole chapter of
    John 5 all.

This Scripture I do have to say in order not to, well don;t be offended.  You should IMO reconsider your stand on the trinity doctrine.

Math, 15:4  ” But in vain do they worship me, teaching for the doctrine the commandments of men,”  

That Is what it is,and you can't find the word trinity anywhere written in the Bible.

Good luck, meerkat

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not 3,
    God can use us anywhere if we are true to his teachings and put them ahead of man's.
    We are to be the light of the world and not paranoid about buildings and people so as to avoid them.
    All men are insecure when alone but such human fellowship just for the sake of fellowship can cause confusion.
    Wrong foundations cannot be successfully shared and communion at the table of the Lord cannot also be at the table of belial.

georg
    Participant

Hello! Is anybody having problems with the Screen?  I have only the upper part of Heaven Net Forum visible.  
    Irene
    Never mind, it just came back.
    Iren

igorwulff
    Participant

Irene, do you or anyone for that matter know any churches in Europe that don't have the trinity doctrine? I live in Holland/Germany.

georg
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 13 2009,23:52)
    Irene, do you or anyone for that matter know any churches in Europe that don't have the trinity doctrine? I live in Holland/Germany.

Hello! Wow you live in Holland. I was born in Rheine Westfalen. It is not to far from the Border of Holland and Germany. We belonged to the Anthony Basilica, and I sang in the Choir there. I was 14 years old when we moved to Neviges Elberfeld. We were not concered about the trinity
    then, we did not know then what that was. I still have a Cousin in Rheine and I can call Him up and ask Him about that. What does the Trinity doctrine mean in German? Drei in eins. We came to America in 1955 when I was 15 years and 9 months old. We are Citizen of America now and all of our 4 Children were born here in Cincinnati, Ohio. But I will be glad to that for you. Bless you.
    Peace and Love Irene

georg
    Participant

Hi Igor!  I just talked to my Cousin in Germany,and He goes only to the Catholic Church.  Sorry that I could not be of any help to you.
    Good luck in finding one.   Don't they have to tell you what they believe in, if you ask them?
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Igor,
    God is listening.
    Ask.

igorwulff
    Participant

Thank you very much for trying Irene! :) I tend to work and go to school in Holland so most of the time I'm not in Germany. You seem to have traveled a lot over the world.

I do pray and ask to God about these things. Also I ask Him to help me understand what He wants me to do. I'm only 24, but I know that God wants me to be part of Christ. It's sometimes however a bit hard to don't have any fellowship with any Christians in 'the real world'.

God bless you, Nick and Irene. :)

georg
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 15 2009,20:53)
    Thank you very much for trying Irene! :) I tend to work and go to school in Holland so most of the time I'm not in Germany. You seem to have traveled a lot over the world.

I do pray and ask to God about these things. Also I ask Him to help me understand what He wants me to do. I'm only 24, but I know that God wants me to be part of Christ. It's sometimes however a bit hard to don't have any fellowship with any Christians in 'the real world'.

God bless you, Nick and Irene. :)

That is really great, you only being 24.  That is like one of our Grandsons.  To understand that the trinity is wrong, is a truth that God has revealed to you.  We have3 Grandsons that attend a Baptist Church and were baptized there, along with one of our Sons.  We have 3 Son's and one Daughter.  6 Grandson's and one Granddaughter.  Our Granddaughter is 17 going on 30.  Her Dad is a Addict and is not in Her live.  He has disappointed Her so much, with all of his promises.  She believes in God, but does not go to a Church,which is alright with us.
    As far as traveling goes, we have been to Acapulco and Germany several times.  Mainly when my Husbands Mother was still alive and lived in Germany.  On our last trip to Germany in 1987 we traveled to the Black Forest and into Switzerland.  That was a nice Vacation, with many nice Memories.  We also traveled all over the U,S,A.  We have been to Florida about 4 times and Myrtle Beach two times.  To Niagara Falls 2 times and one time we went to the Lake of the Oases.  Today I can't travel no more because of all my Deceases.  And that is just fine with me.  I like Cincinnati, Ohio and it has become our Home here.  We are American Citizens.  
    Good luck to you in your search.  However that God will hear you even if you don't belong to any fellowship Church. Like Nick said, you can fellowship with Jesus and our Heavenly Father.  That has been enough for us for some time now.
    Bless you and may God be with you, Irene

igorwulff
    Participant

Sometimes it is just very difficult for me. For example when I'm looking on dating sites for Christians, there is only talk about the most useless topics, almost never about the bible. It is very rare to discuss the Trinity or any biblical things and there was never a satisfying result. Also, there is almost nobody that I know who is Christian let alone someone who is sincerely trying to understand the bible and to get to know God. Ah well, I think I'm just in a crazy mood right now…  :p

igorwulff
    Participant

I shall pray for your health, Irene.

Bless you.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 15 2008,08:36)
    Hi,

I have been hearing about,   “Come out of her my people”  in Rev 18:4 that it is related to the institutional churches and that the institutional church/organised religion is “Babylon”. Plagues are promised for those staying in “Babylon”

Just to explain my circumstances, I started seeking a year ago and have tried 2 churches but felt that there was lots of error mixed with truth and wanted to find only truth.     Up to now I have been doing most of my learning by reading lots and lots and checking back to scripture, trying to check scripture with scripture.  

I am torn between wanting to fellowship but also being concerned with hearing things that I feel are not scriptural or seem to be scripture taken out of context to support doctrine e.g trinity, pre-trib rapture (144k literal Jewish male virgins) etc.  

Also one of the churches I went to something happened that I thought was totally wrong – the main sermon was preaching on calling for the power of the holy spirit, then did an alter call with laying on of hands, then invited/suggested people, if they wanted, to lay down in from of the cross they had at the front of the church.

The other church did sing some of the old time hymns which I enjoyed and sometimes got more out of reading what the hymn was saying than out of the sermon.

Where do you fellowship??

At the present I seem to just fellowship with believers on the internet.

Hi Meercat

I struggle with the same thing. I feel closer to God on my own, I feel a need to be with likeminded people though, especially as we seem to be approaching what the bible calls the last days, but when I do become involved in any church, despite some lovely people and friends I made, I felt I was drifting away from God. Entering into manmade doctrines rather than God taught and led.

I considered the Orthodox (eastern) because they believe each persons journey to be a personal one and getting closer to God to be the spiritual journey that life and the afterlife is. But they also have issues such as images. Cant win either way.

Its a tough one

karmarie
    Participant

And another thing that disturbs me is how much control many churches can have over yur life. They can break up families, iv seen it. And what about the abuse in the Catholic church. Then theres the 10% tithing plus the rest, I could go on.

Iv found an interesting site that I think has alot of truth though Iv only glanced through it

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/

georg
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Oct. 17 2009,11:08)
    I shall pray for your health, Irene.

Bless you.

Thank you very much, it is appreciated. I have been sick with Lupus for 31 years now, God has kept me alive inspite that Lupus Patients only live 10-15 years, from the onset. Praise the LORD.
    Irene

Quote (georg @ Oct. 13 2009,06:48)

Hello!  Wow you live in Holland.  I was born in Rheine Westfalen.  It is not to far from the Border of Holland and Germany. We belonged to the Anthony Basilica, and I sang in the Choir there. I was 14 years old when we moved to Neviges Elberfeld.  We were not concered about the trinity
    then, we did not know then what that was.  I still have a Cousin in Rheine and I can call Him up and ask Him about that.  What does the Trinity doctrine mean in German?  Drei in eins.  We came to America in 1955 when I was 15 years and 9 months old.  We are Citizen of America now and all of our 4 Children were born here in Cincinnati, Ohio.  But I will be glad to that for you.  Bless you.
    Peace and Love Irene

I was born in Toledo, Ohio at St. Marys hospital, and my younger years I lived in Swanton, Ohio (41°35′14″N 83°53′29″W / 41.587194°N 83.891259°W / 41.587194; -83.891259 (41.587194, -83.891259), on a farm. That was some of the best years of my life.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 17 2009,17:10)

Hello!  Wow you live in Holland.  I was born in Rheine Westfalen.  It is not to far from the Border of Holland and Germany. We belonged to the Anthony Basilica, and I sang in the Choir there. I was 14 years old when we moved to Neviges Elberfeld.  We were not concered about the trinity
    then, we did not know then what that was.  I still have a Cousin in Rheine and I can call Him up and ask Him about that.  What does the Trinity doctrine mean in German?  Drei in eins.  We came to America in 1955 when I was 15 years and 9 months old.  We are Citizen of America now and all of our 4 Children were born here in Cincinnati, Ohio.  But I will be glad to that for you.  Bless you.
    Peace and Love Irene

I was born in Toledo, Ohio at St. Marys hospital, and my younger years I lived in Swanton, Ohio (41°35′14″N 83°53′29″W / 41.587194°N 83.891259°W / 41.587194; -83.891259 (41.587194, -83.891259), on a farm. That was some of the best years of my life.

Toledo is north from us, yes that is a lot of Farmland. You don't live there anymore?
    Irene

Quote (georg @ Oct. 16 2009,22:59)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 17 2009,17:10)

Peace and Love Irene

Toledo is north from us, yes that is a lot of Farmland.  You don't live there anymore?
    Irene

No I have lived in New River, Arizona for the last 22 years. I have a small ranch out here in the west. I just shoo'd a rattlesnake off my porch less than 10 minutes ago, fun, huh?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (brent.stock7 @ Dec. 24 2008,03:50)
    -And as for presenting the truth of the Father and the Son to others – This is how it is for myself- This is what my God has told me. He has told me, and shown me from expierence that if I have the opportunity to do it, then do it, and many times if he is wanting me to say something to the person without me even saying anything they will start asking questions about God or the trinity- etc. “Well, What God do you serve?” “What do you know about this, or this..” — Etc, but my God has told me “Brent, don't argue with ANYONE about what you believe- I have set an appointed time for this when I send those whom I choose out to do the task I have already ordained. If such a person is of me, then they will not resist the spirit but accept it and be willing, they either believe or they don't. It is that simple, they believe or they don't. There is NO need to argue, so don't do it.”

And this is what has been revealed unto me.

BS7, same here

But I seem to have lost what I had.

Also, you said you fellowship with another, the bible says where 2 or more are gathered… where are we meant to find someone? My husband doesnt like to talk about much like that, all else I know are either like him, athiest, or part of a church. So how? where?

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Oct. 17 2009,21:05)

Quote (brent.stock7 @ Dec. 24 2008,03:50)
    -And as for presenting the truth of the Father and the Son to others – This is how it is for myself- This is what my God has told me. He has told me, and shown me from expierence that if I have the opportunity to do it, then do it, and many times if he is wanting me to say something to the person without me even saying anything they will start asking questions about God or the trinity- etc. “Well, What God do you serve?” “What do you know about this, or this..” — Etc, but my God has told me “Brent, don't argue with ANYONE about what you believe- I have set an appointed time for this when I send those whom I choose out to do the task I have already ordained. If such a person is of me, then they will not resist the spirit but accept it and be willing, they either believe or they don't. It is that simple, they believe or they don't. There is NO need to argue, so don't do it.”

And this is what has been revealed unto me.

BS7, same here

But I seem to have lost what I had.

Also, you said you fellowship with another, the bible says where 2 or more are gathered… where are we meant to find someone? My husband doesnt like to talk about much like that, all else I know are either like him, athiest, or part of a church. So how? where?

Churches and books are human things.
    They will get you closer to humans.

Not that a well intentioned group of humans can't do good things, of course.

As for fellowship, I suppose there'd be enough people on the site… if they were so minded.

igorwulff
    Participant

Yes, but it is Christian to seek fellowship with Christians who believe in God our Father and his Son Jesus our Messiah. But do Trinity believers, believe this? In fact, they don't. For them the Father and the Son are the same God. How can I seek fellowship with people who according to the insight that was given to me, go against what the bible teaches? I want to interact to talk to laugh and support and believe and love together and to try and understand the bible and talk about this with others… what should I do. Internet feels like a substitute and yes it can be used to do great things, but I also hope for fellowship outside the digital world.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account