Where do I go from here?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Now that I am convinced that the bible do not teach the concept of the trinity, where do I go from here? Which church should I attend?

Orthodox Protestant churches have the trinity as a basic tenet of faith. So obviously no.Those holding a different view are branded as cults. Now among churches branded as cults, which church hold faithfully to the teachings of Scriptures (the bible and bible alone) and do not introduce but rather is prepared to reject all man made ideas and speculations once it identifies any that the church has?

From my research Seventh Day Adventist hold the best promise but sadly, instead of keeping to the stand and beliefs of its founders, it has embraced in its fundamental beliefs the tenet of the trinity. (To be mainstream, not to be branded as a cult, I guess.)

So, can anyone tell me which church can I go to? I live in Singapore, and sometime in Australia. If there are no churches that are prepared to reexamine their faith by the teachings of the Bible, perhaps, those of us who want to live by the Word of God could come together?
    How can we do that? Any ideas? How do we prevent falsehoods from creeping in into our beliefs or the church's?

CPe

david
    Participant

Hi CPe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome CPe,
    Listen to Jesus,
    “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything else will be added to you”

Build on the foundation stone of Jesus and the Rock of Scripture.

Listen to Peter at Pentecost.
    Nothing has changed.

Fellowship first with the Father and the Son.
    Love the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Since the other post is in the post testing section we should continue here so I have transferred my response and will delete the other.

david
    Participant

Oh, I see. Then I should perhaps edit my above post, so as not to confuse.

david
    Participant

Most religious organizations have produced bad fruitage. IT IS NOT THE FACT THAT GROUPS ARE ORGANIZED THAT IS BAD. But many have promoted forms of worship that are based on false teachings and are largely ritualistic instead of providing genuine spiritual guidance; they have been misused to control the lives of people for selfish objectives; they have been overly concerned with money collections and ornate houses of worship instead of spiritual values; their members are often hypocritical.
    Early Christianity was refreshing and a contrast to all of that. Nevertheless, to fulfill the Bible’s requirements, it must be organized.

Heb. 10:24, 25: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.” (Compare Rom 1:1,2)
    (To carry out this Scriptural command, there must be Christian meetings that we can attend on a consistent basis. Such an arrangement encourages us to express love toward others, not only concern about self. To where would a person direct interested ones so they could obey this command if there were no organization with regular meetings where they could gather?)

1 Cor. 1:10: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”
    (Such unity would never be achieved if the individuals did not meet together, benefit from the same spiritual feeding program, and respect the agency through which such instruction was provided. See also John 17:20, 21.)

1 Pet. 2:17: “Have love for the whole association of brothers.”
    (Does that include only those who may meet together for worship in a particular private home? Not at all; it is an international brotherhood, as shown by Galatians 2:8, 9 and 1 Corinthians 16:19.)

1 Pet. 2:9, 17: “But you are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies’ of the one that called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. . . . Have love for the whole association of brothers.” (An association of people whose efforts are directed to accomplish a particular work is an organization.)

Matt. 24:14; 28:19,20: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them . . . teaching them.”
    (For all nations to be given the opportunity to hear that good news, the preaching must be carried out in an orderly way, with suitable oversight. How would this be accomplished without organization? When Jesus trained his early disciples for this work, He did not simply tell each one to go wherever he desired and to share his faith in whatever way he chose. He trained them, gave them instructions and sent them out in an organized manner. See Luke 8:1; 9:1-6; 10:1-16.)

1 Cor. 14:33, 40: “God is a God, not of disorder, but of peace. . . . Let all things take place decently and by arrangement.” (The apostle Paul is here discussing orderly procedure at congregation meetings. Applying this inspired counsel requires respect for organization.)

Are those who are faithful servants of God simply individuals who are scattered in the various churches of Christendom?

2 Cor. 6:15-18: “What portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? . . . ‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’; ‘and I will take you in.’ ‘And I shall be a father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.”
    (Is a person really a faithful servant of God if he continues to share in worship with those who show by their way of life that they really are unbelievers?)

1 Cor. 1:10: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”
    (Such unity does not exist among the varied churches of Christendom.)

John 10:16: “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.”
    (Since Jesus would bring such ones into “one flock,” is it not obvious that they could not be scattered in Christendom’s religions?)

Mark 7:6, 7: “He [Jesus] said to them [the Jewish Pharisees and scribes]: ‘Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, “This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.”’” (Regardless of whom a group profess to worship, if they hold to doctrines of men instead of the inspired Word of God, their worship is in vain.)

Rom. 10:2, 3: “I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.”
    (People may have God’s written Word but lack accurate knowledge of what it contains, because they have not been taught properly. They may feel that they are zealous for God, but they may not be doing what he requires. Their worship is not going to please God, is it?)

2 Tim. 3:2, 5: “Men will be . . . having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.”
    (Regardless of their outward professions of love for God, if those with whom you worship do not sincerely apply his Word in their own lives, the Bible urges you to break off such association.)

JOHN 17:20-22
    ““I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word; in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. Also, I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one.”

PSALM 133:1
    “Look! How good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity!”

seekingtruth
    Participant

Welcome CPe,
    Good post David, while I agree with nearly all of your post the one point to be made is that regardless of the church you chose (although find one that loves truth) it is not the end goal to your search but a means to help you in your search (which will be a lifetime pursuit).

As to “How do we prevent falsehoods from creeping in into our beliefs or the church's?” the whole of scripture is your safeguard and the best you can do is be a light and proclaim truth to errors which will be present in all churches (those who love truth will listen)

My opinion – Wm

Stu
    Participant

How do we prevent falsehoods from creeping in into our beliefs…?

You've got to be joking! Don't bible-believers try to pack in as many falsehoods into their as possible, to make it all look special? Virgin birth, ressurection of a dead person, walking on the surface of water are all falsehoods.

Stuart

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (CPe @ Feb. 16 2008,10:30)
    Now that I am convinced that the bible do not teach the concept of the trinity, where do I go from here? Which church should I attend?

Personally, I'd be a church of one for a while, study my Bible and drawer close to God before deciding.

I attended the services of several different faiths before I settled on the church I wanted to attend.

Perhaps you could do this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 16 2008,15:14)

You've got to be joking!  Don't bible-believers try to pack in as many falsehoods into their as possible, to make it all look special?  Virgin birth, ressurection of a dead person, walking on the surface of water are all falsehoods.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    You too will be resurrected
    much to your surprise
    and possible alarm.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 16 2008,10:24)

Personally, I'd be a church of one for a while, study my Bible and drawer close to God before deciding.

I attended the services of several different faiths before I settled on the church I wanted to attend.

Perhaps you could do this?

Heavens,
    I agree I waited for over a year before starting to look for a church, (I didn't trust them) it was the Lord that lead me to find a church. I visited various churches before picking one that was close to what I believed I had learned during that year from studying scripture.

Wm

kejonn
    Participant

ST,

But don't you attend a “oneness” church? How is that close to a church that supports your beliefs? Are you certain that you are not trying to fit in and compromising on your beliefs? Peer pressure is strong.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2008,11:10)
    ST,

But don't you attend a “oneness” church? How is that close to a church that supports your beliefs? Are you certain that you are not trying to fit in and compromising on your beliefs? Peer pressure is strong.

kejonn,
    No I attend an AG church and at least this one is not far from what I believe. As I've stated elsewhere I'm in fellowship with all who love the truth no matter what church they attend.

Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Orthodox Protestant churches have the trinity as a basic tenet of faith. So obviously no.Those holding a different view are branded as cults. Now among churches branded as cults, which church hold faithfully to the teachings of Scriptures (the bible and bible alone) and do not introduce but rather is prepared to reject all man made ideas and speculations once it identifies any that the church has?

From my research Seventh Day Adventist hold the best promise but sadly, instead of keeping to the stand and beliefs of its founders, it has embraced in its fundamental beliefs the tenet of the trinity. (To be mainstream, not to be branded as a cult, I guess.)

So, can anyone tell me which church can I go to? I live in Singapore, and sometime in Australia. If there are no churches that are prepared to reexamine their faith by the teachings of the Bible, perhaps, those of us who want to live by the Word of God could come together?
    How can we do that? Any ideas? How do we prevent falsehoods from creeping in into our beliefs or the church's?

CPe

Hi CPe.

You don't have to go to Church, if you are born of the Spirit because you are the church or part of the church, the body of Christ.

If you come to a place that has no believers, then make some. Meeting together can be anywhere. In a house, a park.

Also, believing in the Trinity doesn't make someone a non-believer. Most who believe the Trinity do admit that they do not understand it, so they believe in something they have no comprehension of. That doesn't disqualify one as a believer. But if someone teaches the Trinity, then their teaching is false.

My advice is to look at the fruit of others. Not all who say Lord Lord are accepted in the Kingdom. You can be in unity with anyone who is born from above and such a person would obviously believe that Jesus is the messiah and the son of God, which is the belief that makes you a believer.

So look with your spirit.

Also many believers are caught up in Babylon. We know this because it says “come out of her my people”. So realise that God's people can be held captive in Egypt, Rome, Babylon.

In that case you can fellowship with them and encourage them to be free. And how do they gain this freedom? It is the truth that sets them free.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2008,15:41)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 16 2008,15:14)

You've got to be joking!  Don't bible-believers try to pack in as many falsehoods into their as possible, to make it all look special?  Virgin birth, ressurection of a dead person, walking on the surface of water are all falsehoods.

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    You too will be resurrected
    much to your surprise
    and possible alarm.

Come on Nick, I can't take that bet on! I'll be dead when it comes time for me to collect!

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    No your soul will be naked standing in front of the one you deny.
    Unless of course you see the light.
    The door is still open.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2008,17:59)
    Hi Stu,
    No your soul will be naked standing in front of the one you deny.
    Unless of course you see the light.
    The door is still open.

Did you learn to prostelytise by Haiku from t8, or is this original work?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,

Ps 49
    1Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:

2Both low and high, rich and poor, together.

3My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

4I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

5Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?

6They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;

7None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

8(For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

9That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

10For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.

11Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.

12Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.

13This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.

14Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

15But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

16Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;

17For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

18Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.

19He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.

20Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

2Cor5
    2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 16 2008,17:40)
    You don't have to go to Church, if you are born of the Spirit because you are the church or part of the church, the body of Christ.

If you come to a place that has no believers, then make some. Meeting together can be anywhere. In a house, a park.

Great advice t8!

CPe, a friend of mine is an actor and because he often tours he rarely gets to attend his home church.

Wherever he is acting he makes it known  to the cast and crew that he is a Christian and prior to rehearsals starting, he will spend a short time in prayer.

He always extends and invitation to anyone who wants to join him.

By the end of the season my friend says that fellow Christians have joined him in his daily prayer time and usually some unchurched.

Extending an invitation to others to join you may be just the thing for you!

Not3in1
    Participant

Some non-trinitarian body of believers are:

Church of God of Abrahamic Faith (COGAF)
    Biblical Unitarians (truthortradition.com)
    Christadelphians
    JW's

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account