when did we see you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

“When did we see you?”
    The parable of the sheep and the goats!

When we are in discussions with various individuals on the Board, or anywhere else for that matter; do we always know to whom we are speaking? Could it be possible, that without even realizing it, we are speaking with one of the anointed Brothers of Christ? Why is it so important that our words, at all times are tempered with kindness and deep respect?

To begin with I would like to direct attention to what the Apostle Peter had to say about this respect, and to whom it was due! He stated: “But sanctify the Christ as lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.” {1 Peter 3:15} Now, since the word we are discussing belongs to Jehovah, our respect, in the first instance would be for him, and since the Christ delivered his Fathers word to all of us, our respect should be also for the Christ! Lastly, and equally as important, is respect for the ones we are speaking with!

Why is respect for those we are speaking to, so important? Because disrespect for them could well reflect back on Jehovah God and Jesus themselves, and would we really wish to offend our grand creator, and his dear Son? I don't believe that anyone would wish to do that purposely, but might it be possible that we may do that inadvertently? Without even being aware of it! That is a very distinct possibility!

Some might say: “Oh well! If I made an honest mistake, Jehovah will overlook it!” That, though is not true, because if one professes to be a Christian, professes to know their Bible, as most do on this Board, they would have known about the words of the Apostle Peter at 1st Peter 3:15 and to purposely ignore that direction, would make them guilty in Jehovah's eyes, and he would not simply overlook it! Not at all! Still, there is even more compelling reason for treating individuals with deep respect! That is highlited for us at Matthew 25:31-46, as we will see!

Now bear with me as I cite all of these verses in Matthew 25:31-46 because they really show the importance of treating individuals with deep respect! To begin now:

“When the Son of Man arrives in his glory and all the angels with him, he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the Nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the World.' For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I got thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words, 'Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you {you see, they didn't know that they had done that} or thirsty, and give you something to drink?' When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you sick and in prison and go to you?' And in reply the king will say to them, 'Truly I say to you, To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my Brothers, YOU DID IT TO ME.'

Did you notice the reward given to these sheep-like ones for the fine treatment given to the anointed Brothers of Christ, for things that they didn't even know that they had done for them? “When did we see you?” “Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the World!” What, though, will be the fate of the goat-like ones? Let us proceed with this parable, and we will learn what that fate will be!

“Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, 'Be on your way from me you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, {how many on this Board are strangers to us?} but you did not receive me hospitably; naked; but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.' Then they also will answer with the words, 'Lord when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?' {You see, these goat-like ones did not know they were dealing with the anointed Brothers of Christ.} Will their ignorance get them off the hook, so to speak? Then he will answer them with the words, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.' And these will depart into everlasting cutting off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Does everyone now get the sense of what this article is saying?
    None of us really know for certain just at what time period we may find ourselves involved in conversation with one of the anointed Brothers of Christ! That is why it is of crucial importance to pay close attention to the words of the Apostle Peter, which was, and I repeat: “But santify the Christ as lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of you a reason for the hope in you, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.” {1 Peter 3:15}

What class will we find ourselves in? Will be be found saying as did the sheep-like ones: “When did we see you?” Or will we find ourselves among the goat-like ones who are found to be saying the same thing? “When did we see you?” We know what the outcome for both classes will be, now don't we? Of which class are we, would be a good question to ask ourselves, would it not? Texas!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Texas,
    Who said this?
    “My faith is not in men at all, but yours is! There isn't a bloody man on this earth, I'd trust as far as I could throw a Grand Piano!

To me the Bible is sufficient truth and proved everything I said! You're just too blind to see it! That's your problem though. I have a feeling that your eyes are going tp be opened wide just prior to Armageddon! Too late to do you any good though! Tough Luck Pal! Tough luck! Texas “

and this
    “Listen smart guy! You are the one who needs to wake-up! You had better be quick about doing that too, because Jehovah will not tolerate your nonsense for much longer, I'm sure of that! Texas”

etc

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2009,09:01)
    Hi Texas,
    Who said this?
    “My faith is not in men at all, but yours is! There isn't a bloody man on this earth, I'd trust as far as I could throw a Grand Piano!

To me the Bible is sufficient truth and proved everything I said! You're just too blind to see it! That's your problem though. I have a feeling that your eyes are going tp be opened wide just prior to Armageddon! Too late to do you any good though! Tough Luck Pal! Tough luck! Texas “

and this
    “Listen smart guy! You are the one who needs to wake-up! You had better be quick about doing that too, because Jehovah will not tolerate your nonsense for much longer, I'm sure of that! Texas”

etc

Nick Hassan!
    I thought that you already knew who said it, so why are you asking me that? Perhaps you're just looking for an arguement! Well, look someplace else, because I'm very tired of all of the arguements. Now you'll be asking me, who said that, won't you? Texas!

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 17 2009,09:21)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2009,09:01)
    Hi Texas,
    Who said this?

and this

etc

Nick Hassan!
    I thought that you already knew who said it, so why are you asking me that? Perhaps you're just looking for an arguement! Well, look someplace else, because I'm very tired of all of the arguements. Now you'll be asking me, who said that, won't you? Texas!

Nick Hassan!
    What I was doing when I said those things to you was following the direction in Titus 1:13 which states: “This witness is true. For this very cause keep on reproving them WITH SEVERITY, that they may be healthy in the faith.” I actually was trying to do you a favor by being so severe if that's what you think I was doing! Texas!

NickHassan
    Participant

Oh I see.
    It is just for everyone else??

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 17 2009,09:42)
    Oh I see.
    It is just for everyone else??

Hello Nick!
    No! It is for myself as well! Jehovah discipline all of those that he loves, and sometimes that discipline can be very severe. In the end though, it produces 'peaceable fruit' 'namely righteousness', {Hebrews 12:6,11} {Revelation 3:19} Since Jehovah, nor his Son now walk this earth, and cannot do that disiplining personally, Jehovah will use individuals to administer that discipline! He could use you, or, in this case, he could use me. But, don't miss the point, he does that because he loves you, so why complain about what I said? Texas!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account