what truth do we know for sure ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 568 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

All

do we give a lip service to our Creator? is that acceptable to him?

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
    2Pe 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
    2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;

2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

2Co 5:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

2Co 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
    2Co 6:15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
    2Co 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
    2Co 6:17 “Therefore come out from them
    and be separate,
    says the Lord.
    Touch no unclean thing,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

the scriptures are relating all the things God want us to understand ,learn , and search for,and above all believe, because that is what faith is.

but many do not believe in scriptures the way it is written or the way some interpreting some of the apostles written words,

some fallow the preacher who make the most sense and influence them the most,

some just fallow because they have nothing else to do and it seem save to do so.

have anyone of the above found Christ in there heart? NO

first you have to believe that God exist,then you have to believe that the scriptures are his written word ,the way it is written.Then you have to comply with the requirement to bring your live to be in harmony of Gods will,and do all this because you love God his son and his word,this is true faith.

in this way God will not leave you alone he be there for you.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

ALL

Jas 5:13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray
    . You do not have, because you do not ask God.
    Jas 4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives

understanding faith can help our prayers

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

in these trouble times who we follow;
    1Co 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
    1Co 1:11 My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.
    1Co 1:12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas’”; still another, “I follow Christ.”
    1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?

1Co 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    1Co 1:19 For it is written:
    “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”
    1Co 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
    1Co 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.
    1Co 1:22 Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
    1Co 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
    1Co 1:24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1Co 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    1Co 2:7 No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

we always should look for God were he can be found,in truth =his word are the truth,listen to the scriptures and feel in your heart if you love God words ,if you do he will help you.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

Jn 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

I have a few questions;why is it that the person who is born again of the spirit is like the wind ?many interpret this verse to say that the spirit has no contained body he does and he moves here and there and so it is with the spirit why ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 12 2011,20:30)
    All

Jn 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

I have a few questions;why is it that the person who is born again of the spirit is like the wind ?many interpret this verse to say that the spirit has no contained body he does and he moves here and there and so it is with the spirit why ?

Pierre

All

to answer to those questions we should look at Peter ,Philip,and specially Paul,

all of those men were driven by the spirit of Gods will,not knowing what next day will bring,

the truth of God in us if we have any ,is the only means by witch God can touch us in our spirit (mind)

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

many believe that the six days of creation are 24 hours period's,some believe that they are 7000 years each,but what is scriptures saying ?

why is it not possible to be 24 hours this is simple because the night and day cycle only start on the fourth day of creation.

now for the 7000 years well there is nothing in scriptures to back it up except for opinions.

but what we can say for sure it was 6 period's of time span. the 7th day is special and it could be many interpretation ,and say we will see

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

how long does it take for a person to love the truth of God and live by it ,?

first what is the love for the truth of God what does it mean;?

and what happen when a person live by that truth?

the answer will resolve the identity of the holy spirit ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 15 2011,16:40)
    All

how long does it take for a person to love the truth of God and live by it ,?

first what is the love for the truth of God what does it mean;?

and what happen when a person live by that truth?

the answer will resolve the identity of the holy spirit ,

Pierre

All

I guess no one could answer those questions and so do not know what or who is the holy spirit ,

one thing is for sure the holy spirit is Not God himself,because God can give it ,and we know that God does not mutilate himself,

any one ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

all

what do we know that as meaning;Ecc 1:1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
    Ecc 1:2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
    “Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”

Ecc 1:9 What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.
    Ecc 1:10 Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?

Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

this was new ,but for those who do not believe all is meaningless,and will be only repetition of before.with no hope to ever change.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

here is some of the techniques Satan uses;

Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
    Job 1:9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied

Job 2:2 And the LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
    Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it.”
    Job 2:3 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

Job 2:4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life.
    Job 2:5 But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
    Job 2:6 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”

Job 2:9 His wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
    Job 2:10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”

we know also his friends went and condemn him ,

they all try to explain how guilty he was to be in that condition,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

is the spirit of God the same as the holy spirit or the spirit being of God himself ??

this is related to these scriptures;
    Ex 31:3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts—

1Sa 10:10 When they arrived at Gibeah, a procession of prophets met him; the Spirit of God came upon him in power, and he joined in their prophesying.
    1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

1Co 12:3 Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
    Ro 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Mt 12:32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Lk 1:35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

I have notice in my study of scriptures that in the old testament it uses ;the spirit of God; since the birth of John the baptist it is ;the holy spirit that is used

why?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

scriptures are the word of God to us ,for the reason to bring us to his light of truth, not men's truth ,but many men try to collect some wealth on the way just like Judah Iscariot,or Balaam.

it is not easy to stay in the light of God ,because it shine within us ,on the other hand the light of Satan shines on the outside where everyone can notice it and so receive hand innovation and flattery,and so be deceived.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

if you can not quote scriptures this means you quoting your self and so place yourself above the word of God as something to glorify

this would place yourself as a deceiver not as a instrument that God uses,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

many believe that God is in everyone but this is only possible if we are line up with him in doing is will,

God is a being ,he as a soul,he can ear,and see,think,plan,and take action upon those plans he may have he also has a will and power with no limits but love his is rule ,love means to give not to take,
    and yes God is form a spirit

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

anything that as been created by God did not exist prior to his creation but when God created that thing ,gases,water liquid or solid,stone ,black hole ,galaxy,planets,angels ,tree ,men ,animal,fish,birds, what ever ,they all received their form and so occupied a space according to what God as made them,and perform within that space,

God as given power to all ,this is so that all works together as a whole and being govern by God.

Pierre

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Terrarica,
    I am really enjoying reading your thread. It is strengthening my faith and giving me a better understanding of scriptures. Thank you very much.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

terraricca
    Participant

Wispring

thank you for your appreciation of Gods knowledge,and truth, I hope he will bless you in your understanding and so learn to love him above all thing even your own live.

love to you and yours

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

All

what is different from before Christ and the coming of Christ ?many things came to an end and many things came to a start ,like because of the sinful nature of the nation of Israel ,this nation was rejected unworthy of Gods blessings,but new blessings came with Christ ,the good news of the kingdom,the grace of God first to the Jew then to the gentiles,for all men ,

but something else came attached to it,the judgement of men ,this will make a distinction between what is of God and what is not ,the holy spirit would come with the ones who preach that gospel,the spirit of truth,

so if it is not of God it is of men and so a lie,

if you looking for the truth you will find it ,this is true,

so if you do not find it it is because you did not look for it,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 568 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account