What Is The Church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 02 2006,16:00)
    I rebuke any for abandoning the church or the thought of it. To do such a thing is not of God. The Lord established the church and no man will put it assunder. It is the works of satan that has corrupted the faith and turned it into paganistic religions. Yet, the bride of Christ has always survived. And will survive till the coming of the Lord. For she is the one who's lamp will not run out of oil and will be burning brightly at the sign of the bridegroom.

H,

Some places have no church.  If there were a church around here that believed the truth I'd be there but there isn't any!

Nothing but traditional, seventh day, and JWs Oh and the Mormons.

I'm open to suggestions :)

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 02 2006,16:31)
    Dear typrsn,

What do you think happens when a man is saved, born again? Don't you believe that Jesus comes and lives in the heart of that man? Can you say if Christ is in that man, that the spirit is not in him? God forbid.

H,

What are you talking about? When did I say Christ doesn't come and live in us? According to the Word, Jesus does come and live in us. The Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost are synonomous. (John 14:16-18,26; Acts 2:4; Rom. 8:9; Col. 1:27; etc). Now if you are implying that a person receives the Spirit of Christ the moment they believe, then you are incorrect. It is true that while Peter was preaching at Cornelius' house in Acts 10, the Holy Ghost fell. But, when Philip preached at Samaria in Acts 8, the people believed and were baptized, but the Holy Ghost had fallen upon none of them yet according to Luke.

rejoycesing
    Participant

I just studied the trinity doctrine in detail. The church today is so much like the woman that rides the beast. I was always dishearted when I would hear a pastor that I thought I trusted preach on the reason the church goes to church on sunday. They would never mention Constantine, or the council of Nicea. It is as if they simply do not know. Recently I heard a minister, who recently passed away, preach that Sunday was instituted at the resurrection of Christ. I am so frustrated because trusted men appear to be satisfied to lie than to just tell the truth. I am not a sabbath keeper, I dont believe that we are under the law. I have studied the word on this conclusively. But I just believe that the truth is the truth. The sabbath was created by God and it has not been done away with, it will be instituted with all the other holy days that picture God's plan. I listened to a very widely known grace teaching minister, I quit because he will preach grace in one breath and preach you back under the tithe law in the next. Is there no faith amoung the ministry? Do these preachers read the bible? Are they purposely deceptive? I am not a theologian, not a trained bible teacher from some seminary but I read the bible and I know what I read is that God the Father is our savior and Jesus Christ is Lord. Jeshua means “Jehovah is salvation” The bible tells me that God's purposes have never changed- He wants a people for Himself, that will be Kings and Priest to the nations. I Peter 2:9; Ex 19:5-6. I have heard ministers shamelessly preach the tithe and tie faithfulness to the tithe to healing, salvation and every benefit that we have freely obtained by the cross (sacrifice of Jesus Christ, his death and his resurrection). I know that the church is the body of Christ and we are hid in Christ from wolves that dont know that they care very little about the body of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome,
    A very thoughtful post.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 02 2006,22:50)

Quote (Cubes @ Aug. 01 2006,22:27)
    Hi typ:

I have only read what's posted on this page and agree with what you had to say in response to H on the KJV translation (as well as to Kenrch), and HOW you said it, about not isolating verses to the exclusion of others.  Very helpful, and in fact, I believe it is what Jesus did when he told the Pharisees that God called them Gods to whom the word of the Lord came… (John 10:35).  We are likely to leave scripture unbroken if we follow that advise.  Welcome, BTW!

I had been undecided as to the meaning of being born of water in John 3 (though I fully agreed w/ baptism), but the amniotic fld thing had me… I have now decided that it must not refer to natural birth but to baptism based on the following:

1.  Every human birth as far as we know, involves amniotic fluid.  But not every human will be baptized.  Baptism involves a spiritual decision that many would rather not make.

2.  It is for sure that every human birth involves amniotic fluid.  But not everyone born would want to make a decision to be born by the spirit of God by yielding to the will and rule of God.

It seems to me therefore that Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about these things and the choices and decisions involved.  There's hardly any need to choose or decide on how one is born into the world or how one dies.  We can't control that really.  But the rest, worshiping God in truth and in spirit, recognizing that he sent Jesus to save us and living in love and godly devotion to that end, are things that require our coorperation with God, and so through this backwards way, the cobweb was cleared for me.

Jesus was born by Mary, conceived through the power of the Spirit, but he made a decision and went to John the Baptist to fulfill this requirement.  To me that is powerful and conclusive.  John also preached repentence and preparing the way for Christ, baptized all who received that message.  We can conclude that those did not need to be baptized by water anymore because Jesus didn't need to be baptized anymore.  

Jesus was then baptized by the Spirit, I believe, following these things and he entered into the wilderness and his ministry began in power after that.   And then we have examples of others who were baptized in the spirit before they were water baptized.

I strongly agree that there are many “what ifs” that we can think of (and people can be natural worriers about things that never happen), but those are the exceptions and not the rule.  
    Let as many as have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior also be baptized into his death and resurrection, according to the scriptures.

Cubes,

I agree with what you've posted but need clarification on the following: “John also preached repentence and preparing the way for Christ, baptized all who received that message.  We can conclude that those did not need to be baptized by water anymore because Jesus didn't need to be baptized anymore.”

Are you saying that those that John baptized unto repentance before Messiah's passion didn't need to be rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ? If so, that is not what the Word says according to Acts 19.

Hi Typ:

If Acts 19 states information to the contrary, I am happy to yield! Certainly. I shall go read that and thanks for pointing that out!

Blessings.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 02 2006,04:09)

Hi typ:

I have only read what's posted on this page and agree with what you had to say in response to H on the KJV translation (as well as to Kenrch), and HOW you said it, about not isolating verses to the exclusion of others.  Very helpful, and in fact, I believe it is what Jesus did when he told the Pharisees that God called them Gods to whom the word of the Lord came… (John 10:35).  We are likely to leave scripture unbroken if we follow that advise.  Welcome, BTW!

I had been undecided as to the meaning of being born of water in John 3 (though I fully agreed w/ baptism), but the amniotic fld thing had me… I have now decided that it must not refer to natural birth but to baptism based on the following:

1.  Every human birth as far as we know, involves amniotic fluid.  But not every human will be baptized.  Baptism involves a spiritual decision that many would rather not make.

2.  It is for sure that every human birth involves amniotic fluid.  But not everyone born would want to make a decision to be born by the spirit of God by yielding to the will and rule of God.

It seems to me therefore that Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about these things and the choices and decisions involved.  There's hardly any need to choose or decide on how one is born into the world or how one dies.  We can't control that really.  But the rest, worshiping God in truth and in spirit, recognizing that he sent Jesus to save us and living in love and godly devotion to that end, are things that require our coorperation with God, and so through this backwards way, the cobweb was cleared for me.

Jesus was born by Mary, conceived through the power of the Spirit, but he made a decision and went to John the Baptist to fulfill this requirement.  To me that is powerful and conclusive.  John also preached repentence and preparing the way for Christ, baptized all who received that message.  We can conclude that those did not need to be baptized by water anymore because Jesus didn't need to be baptized anymore.  

Jesus was then baptized by the Spirit, I believe, following these things and he entered into the wilderness and his ministry began in power after that.   And then we have examples of others who were baptized in the spirit before they were water baptized.

I strongly agree that there are many “what ifs” that we can think of (and people can be natural worriers about things that never happen), but those are the exceptions and not the rule.  
    Let as many as have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior also be baptized into his death and resurrection, according to the scriptures.

Cubes,

Paul is speaking to the believers about unbelievers. Who are ignorant of the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:1  Brethren, my heart's desire and my supplication to God is for them, that they may be saved.
    Rom 10:2  For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
    Rom 10:3  For being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:9  because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:
    Rom 10:10  for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Is it righteous for anyone to abort a child?  If you being evil would love your child then How Much More Would Your Father.

Do you agree with Nick's teaching that Our father would deny a child salvation because he could not get to water?

Please don'r dance around the question.  If Nick won't stand for his teaching may be you will.

Hi Ken,

Why should God condemn someone for something beyond their control?  Is God not all wise and just?  Is that not what the example of the thief on the cross signifies?

I believe that my post and that of Typrsn that I was responding to acknowledged this.  Those are the what ifs which God sovereignly has control over.  But 9 times out of ten, the rule applies rather than the exception, you might say.
    And by that, I don't even necessarily mean baptism, but anything else.

God commanded that there was to be no work on the Sabbath.  But on occasion, an emergency arises and a soul needs help.  Jesus showed that it is ok to show mercy during those occasions, but I don't believe that by so doing, he also said it was ok for the Jews to treat the sabbath as a Monday morning.

Does this help?  Did I dance? (watch your feet).
    :D

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 02 2006,21:45)
    When we are born again, we have Christ in our hearts.

Col. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Col. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as faith.

Col. 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Hi H,

I agree that Abraham believed and it was counted to him as faith.

1. What did Abraham believe and how was this belief demonstrated?

2. How are you able to demonstrate your love for God? How do you show him you love him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    “When we are born again, we have Christ in our hearts.”

What do make of Paul's statement here?
    Who were his children?
    Were they born again?
    Why did he “labor” still with them that Christ be formed in them.

Gal 4.19
    “(A)My children, with whom (B)I am again in labor until ÂChrist is formed in you–“

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Aug. 03 2006,03:16)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 02 2006,04:09)

Hi typ:

Cubes,

Paul is speaking to the believers about unbelievers. Who are ignorant of the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:1  Brethren, my heart's desire and my supplication to God is for them, that they may be saved.
    Rom 10:2  For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
    Rom 10:3  For being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:9  because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:
    Rom 10:10  for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Is it righteous for anyone to abort a child?  If you being evil would love your child then How Much More Would Your Father.

Do you agree with Nick's teaching that Our father would deny a child salvation because he could not get to water?

Please don'r dance around the question.  If Nick won't stand for his teaching may be you will.

Hi Ken,

Why should God condemn someone for something beyond their control?  Is God not all wise and just?  Is that not what the example of the thief on the cross signifies?

I believe that my post and that of Typrsn that I was responding to acknowledged this.  Those are the what ifs which God sovereignly has control over.  But 9 times out of ten, the rule applies rather than the exception, you might say.
    And by that, I don't even necessarily mean baptism, but anything else.

God commanded that there was to be no work on the Sabbath.  But on occasion, an emergency arises and a soul needs help.  Jesus showed that it is ok to show mercy during those occasions, but I don't believe that by so doing, he also said it was ok for the Jews to treat the sabbath as a Monday morning.

Does this help?  Did I dance? (watch your feet).
    :D

Cubes,

Sorry Cubes “natural worriers about things that never happen” etc. I just didn't SEE what you were saying in fact it still looks “ify” to me. All most like you weren't sure.

This time you didn't step on my shoes :D

Quote (Cubes @ Aug. 03 2006,03:32)

Col. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Col. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Col. 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Hi H,

1.  What did Abraham believe and how was this belief demonstrated?  

2.  How are you able to demonstrate your love for God?  How do you show him you love him?

Dear Cubes,

Abraham was rightious in the eyes of God in his heart. It was this rightiousness that was accounted as faith. I can't find the scripture at the moment, but I posted it previously on another post. Yet, even though he was rightious in the eyes of God, when he died, he was still held under the bondage of death until the time Jesus defeated death and set his soul and all the other rightious souls free from the grasp of death. The place referred to as the Bosom of Abraham by our Lord is no more, for our Lord defeated death and set the captives free.

As for how I demonstrate my love for God is by becoming less of myself and allowing Christ to work through me. For there is no good in me. The only good in me is he who is in me, who saved me from death's grasp, and that is my precious saviour, Christ the Lord. I love God with all of my heart. He reveals so much of his word to me and I am unworthy. I don't know why God chose me to give so much to. And it makes me want to cry to think he has manifested so much of himself to me. I look at my life and think, what did I do that would earn or merit that the Lord would give me so much of his truth?
    I couldn't do enough to thank him in fifty life times. So, all I can do is just keep plugging away doing what he wants. I know there will come a time he may ask more of me and I pray I will not let him down. For he has never let me down.

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 02 2006,18:27)

Dear

What do you think happens when a man is saved, born again? Don't you believe that Jesus comes and lives in the heart of that man? Can you say if Christ is in that man, that the spirit is not in him? God forbid.

H,

What are you talking about? When did I say Christ doesn't come and live in us? According to the Word, Jesus does come and live in us. The Spirit of Christ and the Holy Ghost are synonomous. (John 14:16-18,26; Acts 2:4; Rom. 8:9; Col. 1:27; etc). Now if you are implying that a person receives the Spirit of Christ the moment they believe, then you are incorrect. It is true that while Peter was preaching at Cornelius' house in Acts 10, the Holy Ghost fell. But, when Philip preached at Samaria in Acts 8, the people believed and were baptized, but the Holy Ghost had fallen upon none of them yet according to Luke.

Dear typrsn,

Jesus does come into our hearts when born again. It is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that comes with the laying of hands. Christ is the priest that cleanses us of our sins and sanctifies the temple before the Holy Spirit can come into the temple. Christ is in the heart once the man is saved. Sometimes men have been saved and recieved the Holy Spirit at the same time. Sometimes when men recieved water baptism, they were saved and recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit. God does according to his will.

I was saved at fifteen, baptized in the Holy Spirit at about the age of twentyone and a few months later recieved the baptism of water.

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 02 2006,18:16)

I rebuke any for abandoning the church or the thought of it. To do such a thing is not of God. The Lord established the church and no man will put it assunder. It is the works of satan that has corrupted the faith and turned it into paganistic religions. Yet, the bride of Christ has always survived. And will survive till the coming of the Lord. For she is the one who's lamp will not run out of oil and will be burning brightly at the sign of the bridegroom.

H,

Some places have no church.  If there were a church around here that believed the truth I'd be there but there isn't any!

Dear kenrch,

Brother, in these days, it is difficult to find a credible church. On this I agree. I would have a hard time recommending one. My only advice is to search for one the resembles the early church in scripture that bears the signs of Mark 16. If one cannot be found, then you do as the Lord said. Where two or more are gathered in his name, there he is also.

I consider this forum a kind of church. It is a place of fellowship of believers. Don't you agree? I believe the Lord would honor this. For we are sharing the Lord and his love.

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 03 2006,16:22)

Quote (typrsn @ Aug. 02 2006,18:27)

Dear

H,

Dear typrsn,

Jesus does come into our hearts when born again. It is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that comes with the laying of hands. Christ is the priest that cleanses us of our sins and sanctifies the temple before the Holy Spirit can come into the temple. Christ is in the heart once the man is saved. Sometimes men have been saved and recieved the Holy Spirit at the same time. Sometimes when men recieved water baptism, they were saved and recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit. God does according to his will.

I was saved at fifteen, baptized in the Holy Spirit at about the age of twentyone and a few months later recieved the baptism of water.

H,

The Holy Ghost can be received by the laying on of hands, but not always. In Acts 8:17 and Acts 19:6 the Holy Ghost was received through the laying on of hands. In Acts 1 and Acts 10 there were no laying on of hands. In Acts 8:18 Luke tells us that Simon saw something that caused him and others to know that the Holy Ghost had been given? Do you know what he saw? The answer is found by looking at other scriptures. (I'm very interested to hear what your response is to this.)

As far as your personal experience goes, that doesn't mean anything as it relates to what the Word says. You've indicated that you were saved at 15 and received the Holy Ghost at 21. I think that needs to be reworded. You should say you made your confession at 15 and you were saved at 21, since that's when you received the Holy Ghost. (Please do not take Romans 10 out of context as many have done.)According to Rom. 8:9 if we don't have His Spirit we are none of His. How can we be saved without His Spirit? Paul even says in 1Cor. 12:3 that we can't truly say that He is Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. We are not sons of God without the Spirit of Christ according to Romans 8:14-16. [/B]

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 03 2006,16:28)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 02 2006,18:16)

H,

Dear kenrch,

Brother, in these days, it is difficult to find a credible church. On this I agree. I would have a hard time recommending one. My only advice is to search for one the resembles the early church in scripture that bears the signs of Mark 16. If one cannot be found, then you do as the Lord said. Where two or more are gathered in his name, there he is also.

I consider this forum a kind of church. It is a place of fellowship of believers. Don't you agree? I believe the Lord would honor this. For we are sharing the Lord and his love.

H,

This forum is not a church. It is a forum for discussing church matters. There is no such thing as an online church. We do not have the authority to redefine what the Word says. The physical gathering together of an assembly in His name is the church.The Word clearly says that we can't hear without a preacher (Rom. 10:14). Many will say that this verse applies to initial salvation/deliverance. Apparently, those people have not read Hos. 12:13. The Word that brought us out is the Word that keeps us out. We are saved, we are being saved and we shall be saved. The fivefold ministry mentioned in Ephes. 4:11-13 is for the edifying of the Body of Christ. This Lone Ranger and Tonto stuff doesn't work with God. Heb. 10:25 tells us we are not to forsake the assembling (physical)of ourselves together.

Mercy
    Participant

I agree this isn't church, however, the spirit is not limited by space. When two are more are gathered it is present. Yes, I think that means physically present. I just don't think that the spirit can't also be present if two or more are not physically together. I think God's presence can transcend spacial barriers.

What about opening a church in your home?

Has anyone done this here?

I currently attend an AOG church and enjoy the people and the worship. It is just that I don't feel like they teach scripture. They do have love though, most loving church I have ever seen. That is a very good thing.

I am considering starting a bible study, to balance out the churches weak point.

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (Mercy @ Aug. 03 2006,18:20)
    I agree this isn't church, however, the spirit is not limited by space. When two are more are gathered it is present. Yes, I think that means physically present.  I just don't think that the spirit can't also be present if two or more are not physically together. I think God's presence can transcend spacial barriers.

What about opening a church in your home?

Has anyone done this here?

I currently attend an AOG church and enjoy the people and the worship.  It is just that I don't feel like they teach scripture. They do have love though, most loving church I have ever seen. That is a very good thing.

I am considering starting a bible study, to balance out the churches weak point.

Mercy,

It is true the Spirit can be present when two or more are not physically together, but that does not constitute the church. As a matter of fact the word church does not even carry a religious connotation in it's meaning. The word has been culturalized to have a religious connotation. An example of this is found in Acts 19 when the town meeting assembly was held in Ephesus. In verses 32, 39 and 41 the KJV translation says assembly. However, the the KJV translation for church in other places is the same Greek word (ecclesia) as assembly in the above verses.

Why do you frequent an Assemblies of God church if you feel like they don't teach scripture? I'm sure if the leadership of that assembly were to hear that you were “considering” staring a bible study to “balance out” their weak point, that would fit very well.

The AOG churches teach some erroneous doctrines such as the Trinity, women preachers, observance of pagan holidays, etc. John spoke a lot about love, but also about truth. Please reread the 3 epistles that he wrote.

Dear typrsn,

I have heard of your religion and it has scarred a brother that comes to this forum. Let me make sure before I slice and dice your doctrine with the Word of God. Does one have to speak in tongues to have the Holy Spirit? If one does not do this, are they still baptized? And when they are baptized in the Holy Spirit, are they baptized in the name of Jesus or are they baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

For to say if a person who is baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is not baptized because they did not speak in tongues is like saying a person who recieved the water baptism in the name of Jesus is not wet.

As for you saying I was not saved at fifteen, I rebuke you. Yet, I will pray the Lord forgive you. For only God knows the hearts of men. And it is by faith we are saved. And that happens by believing in Jesus with all of our heart. And confessing our sins unto repentance. The Holy Spirit was given to help us in our walk in faith. It was not given to save us. There is only one name that a man calls on that can save him and that name is Jesus Christ.

Mercy
    Participant

typrsn,

I attend the church in order to associate with others who confess Jesus is Lord! I do not want to be an island in isolation to my faith. I know that I would not be excepted very well because of my “heresies”. But what am I to do?

What is your brotherly counsel?

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 03 2006,21:14)

Quote (Cubes @ Aug. 03 2006,03:32)

Hi H,

1.  What did Abraham believe and how was this belief demonstrated?  

2.  How are you able to demonstrate your love for God?  How do you show him you love him?

Dear Cubes,

Abraham was rightious in the eyes of God in his heart. It was this rightiousness that was accounted as faith. I can't find the scripture at the moment, but I posted it previously on another post. Yet, even though he was rightious in the eyes of God, when he died, he was still held under the bondage of death until the time Jesus defeated death and set his soul and all the other rightious souls free from the grasp of death. The place referred to as the Bosom of Abraham by our Lord is no more, for our Lord defeated death and set the captives free.

As for how I demonstrate my love for God is by becoming less of myself and allowing Christ to work through me. For there is no good in me. The only good in me is he who is in me, who saved me from death's grasp, and that is my precious saviour, Christ the Lord. I love God with all of my heart. He reveals so much of his word to me and I am unworthy. I don't know why God chose me to give so much to. And it makes me want to cry to think he has manifested so much of himself to me. I look at my life and think, what did I do that would earn or merit that the Lord would give me so much of his truth?
    I couldn't do enough to thank him in fifty life times. So, all I can do is just keep plugging away doing what he wants. I know there will come a time he may ask more of me and I pray I will not let him down. For he has never let me down.

Hi H,

My understanding regarding the same questions I asked you is that:

1. Abraham believed God and demonstrated that belief through obedience. Right up to the moment when the Ram which God provided was shown him in the thicket, he was obeying God concerning his only son, Isaac. Prior to this, he'd moved to another place when God asked him to; he also sent Ishmael away when God sided with Sarah, which was a difficult decision for him I am am sure. In all these examples, I see Abraham obeying God because he loved God.

2. God owns the cattle on a thousand hill and anything else we might possibly want to give him to express our love for him, except our joyful and willing obedience and submission to his will, thus the best way to demonstrate our love for God is through obedience.

1 John 5: 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jhn 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

typrsn
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 03 2006,18:45)
    Dear typrsn,

I have heard of your religion and it has scarred a brother that comes to this forum. Let me make sure before I slice and dice your doctrine with the Word of God. Does one have to speak in tongues to have the Holy Spirit? If one does not do this, are they still baptized? And when they are baptized in the Holy Spirit, are they baptized in the name of Jesus or are they baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

For to say if a person who is baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is not baptized because they did not speak in tongues is like saying a person who recieved the water baptism in the name of Jesus is not wet.

As for you saying I was not saved at fifteen, I rebuke you. Yet, I will pray the Lord forgive you. For only God knows the hearts of men. And it is by faith we are saved. And that happens by believing in Jesus with all of our heart. And confessing our sins unto repentance. The Holy Spirit was given to help us in our walk in faith. It was not given to save us. There is only one name that a man calls on that can save him and that name is Jesus Christ.

H,

I don't have a religion I have a faith and that faith is based upon the Word. Your post is very confusing to me. Confusing in the sense that I can't understand what you are trying to say. (I'm referring to the first two paragraphs).

Please don't take my post personally. That's one of the problems today. Many people seem to carry their feelings on their shoulders. I do not need forgiveness from God concerning my post as I stated nothing wrong according to His Word. Your rebuking me doesn't move me either. The Word of God is the expression of His Mind. He could care less how you or I or anyone else feels about what His Word says. Paul was inspired to write in Romans 8:9 that we have not His Spirit, we are none of His. That verse goes for me, you, George Bush, the Pope, Dalai Lama and every one else. Regardless of how we feel about it.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account