What is the church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Christian Biker
    Participant

You have mistaken the purpose of the local church! You don’t go to the local church to find God you go to the local church to serve God. Also if you are counting on this web-site to feed your Christianity, your Christianity will likely starve to death. And there are some dead men walking here! The Church is the body of Christ. However; the local church is the physical location where the body of Christ meets. Oh and don’t mix me in with the Catholics. I don’t worship idols, I don’t pray to saints, and I don’t ask other men how to repent for any wrongs I might have done. I go straight to God in name of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So which denomination are you espousing as they all hate each other?
    Christ is not divided.

Quote (Christian Biker @ Sep. 01 2009,09:16)
    You have mistaken the purpose of the local church! You don’t go to the local church to find God you go to the local church to serve God. Also if you are counting on this web-site to feed your Christianity, your Christianity will likely starve to death. And there are some dead men walking here! The Church is the body of Christ. However; the local church is the physical location where the body of Christ meets. Oh and don’t mix me in with the Catholics. I don’t worship idols, I don’t pray to saints, and I don’t ask other men how to repent for any wrongs I might have done. I go straight to God in name of Jesus.

We don't worship idols either.

We also God to the Father in the name of Jesus.

So…?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So the Father is your God and not a trinity?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Actually nick not all denominations hate each other. Any church that teaches salvation through Jesus Christ and baptism by emersion as a sign of obedience is off to a pretty good start. And preaching the Word of God straight out of the Bible is a good sign too.

1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth
    2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth,
    Gal 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
    1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians
    2Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians
    Phm 1:2 And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi CA,
    How long does it take someone who has had no previous church affiliation to become a member of a Catholic church and what does one have to do to become a member?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So when you join the baptist or methodist church you are really joining the catholic church?
    Would it not be safer to join the body of Christ?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Which churches have you been in nick? Have you ever attended a service to see for yourself what doctrine they preach?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So there are several churches and no unity as one church?
    All proclaiming their special right to be the church
    Better to be joined with Jesus in his body.

Quote (Christian Biker @ Sep. 01 2009,11:45)
    Hi CA,
    How long does it take someone who has had no previous church affiliation to become a member of a Catholic church and what does one have to do to become a member?

In Latin rite parishes you are usually encouraged to go through the RCIA program (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults). This helps a person understand the catechism and the teachings of the Catholic church. Then the catecumens typically enter the church during the Easter (Pascha) vigil.

In the Eastern Catholic parishes you are encouraged to come under a spiritual director (priest) and he will direct you spiritually to help you discern that this is truly the step that you want to make. My spiritual director wanted to make sure this wasn't just a whim. Leaving the church (apostasy) is a grave sin. So because of the church's love for your soul they want to do their best to help make sure you're going to stick with your faith.

Pretty different than the high pressure altar calls I was raised with.

Thanks for asking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    How is leaving the world's imitation to commune with Christ and His God sinful?

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account