What Is The Church?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 185 total)
  • Author

The bible tells us that God is the same yesterday, today and
    forever.
    The same should be of his church. The apostles set the churches up
    and though there were several, they all subscribed to the same
    doctrine. Jesus gave a discription of what a believer would look
    like by signs that follow them. If you belong to a church that does
    not bare these signs, chances are, the church is not of God.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he
    that believeth not shall be damned.

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name
    shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly
    thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and
    they shall recover.

Now, I have been asked what church I worship in. It is called
    Maranatha Chapel. It is non denominational and the only doctrine of
    this church is the Authorized King James bible. Nothing more or
    nothing less. We believe that it is the infallible word of God and
    we can prove it. If we were to take the matter to court, the King
    James could be proven as God's infallible word. There is more
    evidence to prove this book as his word because, it is his word.

Now, if one has a question about scripture, it can be found in the
    KJ. It is perfect in the doctrine of the faith. All pieces support
    eachother. Many claim there are contradictions, but it is not so
    when it comes to matters which pertain to the faith.

The men who translated the KJ, had many more transcripts to work
    with then translators after the KJ. The men who translated the KJ
    did not have any hidden agendas, nor were they bias as to bringing
    this work into print. Their only driving intention was to try to get
    it right or as close to the original as they could. The majority of
    translations after were tainted with evolutionism and spiritualism.
    For if the original is corrupt, the rest will be corrupt. So if a
    translator is bias in the belief of evolution and spiritualism, his
    translation will be corrupt.

There was a great man of God, who's name was Tindale, who gave his
    life for the gospel. If one does not believe that this was a man of
    God, then how can one know God. God used this man, and there is no
    doubt in my mind he did, and the proof is his own translation. When
    the translators had completed the work of the translation into
    English, it was almost identical to that of Tindale. I believe the
    day that Tindale was put to death for the faith, just as Jesus stood
    at the right side of the Father, he did the same for Tindale.

If the devil can make people not believe that this is the infallible
    word of God, he can create confusion and steal the souls of men, and
    he did. Men have been believing his lies since the garden and they
    will continue to believe his lies to their graves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It was Jesus who said those words and, while I agree with Mk 16 as quoted, it is only found in later manuscripts.

We find that those who come here as teachers seem to have lost interest in learning.

Putting Mr Tyndale on such a pedestal suggests it is men you want us to follow and not the Spirit.

Nick, it is important to follow God. To do so we must read his word and be led by the Holy Spirit. You have already admitted you don't go to church. Why? Brother, if you have faith in God, don't you believe he will lead you to a church that he wants you to be in. That is how I found mine. Our church has a site. Check it out and see what you think. None of us our perfect and we all need to lean on the Lord and eachother. Especially in these endtimes. http://www.godsaidmansaid.com/home.asp
    Nick, your understanding of the bible is not that far off. I have seen so much worse. I don't know everything and none of us ever will. We will only know in part until he comes and reveals himself to us in person. Won't that be a glorious day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Keep searching brother and do not try to build tabernacles on the mountain, like Peter, in celebration of an expression of the work of God on earth, such as the KJV. There is more, and denominations constrict and freedom is of the Spirit of God.

Sultan
    Participant

H,

I would just like to suggest that though the KJV is a good translation it is not infallible. It has errors such as Acts. 12:4. Easter? The word in the greek is translated Passover in the whole New Testament, and the whole Septuagint except here. My point is let's not make a major deal out of a minor thing, and by the way I can show you errors in most of the translations because they are just that translations, and all translations have bias and personal preference, such as Easter.

Because we have the Spirit of God these things don't affect our understanding, but we don't want to exalt the work of men to the place of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The church is the body of Christ. All who are grafted onto the vines by rebirth of water and the Spirit make up that body. Make sure you are in the new temple and not just standing in the courtyard looking in as a time will come when they will be shut out.[Rev 11.1-2.]

Dear Sultan,

The word easter is very much correct in the KJ. At the time of the passover, there was a pagan holiday called easter that was practiced by the gentiles that occured at this time. If you investigate the matter, you will see what I say is so.

rclamb
    Participant

The bible does not say rebrith of water and the spirit.
    John 3:1-7 (KJV)1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
    2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    Jesus never mentioned water baptisem here, the water was from the flesh birth, the spirit from the secound birth. you have to be born in the flesh before you can be born in the spirit right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome,
    Do you think Jesus was saying we must be born naturally? Do which audience would this be news?

Dear rclamb,

Do you agree with John 3. To be born again, one must first be born once. Jesus was not speaking of being born again in the flesh, but being born again in the spirit.

For all men are born dead in spirit because of Adam's sin. Unless they are born again, they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

So many confuse this scripture with water baptism. They have built entire doctrines on this scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The order God usually follows is death before resurrection.
    Thus we are baptised into Christ's death[Rom 6] then baptised into new life by the Spirit.
    God sovereignly reversed the order when Peter spoke to the friends of Cornelius in Acts 10. Both are essential after repentance and faith, to be reborn into the kingdom.

According to the word of NIck

Nick, do you honestly believe a person is not saved if they do not get water baptized?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    We are servants. We are only useful to the vine as we obey his instructions. Our job is to preach the way. Our obedience is to the words of the master. It does not behove us to try to fully understand all the ways of God. It does behove us to obey.

The apostles not only baptised those who responded to the message of the gospel but they did so immediately in Acts. And if they were not sure the full baptism had been given as in Acts 19 with those who had been water baptised by John they did it again in the name of Jesus. And when the listeners with Cornelius showed evidence of the baptism in the Spirit Peter did not say nothing else needed to be done but commanded they be baptised in water too.

Nothing has changed and no new instructions have come from God.

Those who fear God do not trifle with his ways but obey them and tell others to do the same.

yes or no Nick

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I do, and do not do according to what I think, but what is written. How about you?

I believe if a man believes in Jesus with all his heart then he will be saved.

As for you explaination, you leave me scratching my head as usual. LOL. I love you bro. You do make me laugh if anything.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 13 2006,01:07)
    I believe if a man believes in Jesus with all his heart then he will be saved.

Hi H,
    Another new gospel?
    Where is it written we do not need to repent?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account