What is sin this thread is for tim kraft.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 448 total)
  • Author
    ftk
    Participant

Ed: Jesus came to heal a dark world full of sin. That is one of the reasons he came. Another reason was to enlighten mankind to the truth about God. I think you would agree that if the world that was here was in darkness(lack of truth, light) and sin that things were not functioning properly as far as the church/temple and its forms of worship. Am I going to fast Ed? The church world or religious world was in darkness and sin apart from God. Jesus came to straighten them out as to the true way to God.
    Are we ok still, no “spin” whatever that little term means. Were on track!

Now, when I write that the Old testament was in sin and darkness you should know what I mean.

That explains my quote previously.

I NEVER ONCE SAID I DID NOT BELIEVE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. I SAID IT WAS PAST/OVER/DONE/FINISHED AND UNNECESSARY FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT TO BE LEARNED!!

TK

ftk
    Participant

Ed:

Jesus broke the law of working on the Sabbath! He allowed his disciples to pick corn and eat which was unlawful. He did not follow ceremonial washings. Jesus paid no tithe under the law. Jesus refused to implement the law against adultery on the woman caught in the act of adultery. Which is breaking the law. Jesus was not under Jewish law. He was not a Jew! TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 02 2011,07:20)
    Ed:
    1) Adultery:(Per Jesus)… whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her HATH COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER [ALREADY]…IN HIS HEART!…..  Is adultery a sin against God?

TK

Hi Tim,

It is rebellion against what God has told us we shall do. (See Exodus 20:14)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 02 2011,07:21)
    Ed:
    2) Was Jesus under the law?

TK

Hi Tim,

We all follow God's law, even Jesus did. (See Isaiah 42:21)
    Jesus died to put God's law in our hearts; is God's law not in your heart?

Jer.31:33 After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts,
    and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 02 2011,07:23)
    Ed:

3) Is it true that where there is “sin” under the law, there is “punishment for sin” under the law?

TK

Hi Tim,

What?   …speak English   …what are you trying to say?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 02 2011,07:48)
    Ed:

(1)Jesus broke the law of working on the Sabbath! (2)He allowed his disciples to pick corn and eat which was unlawful. (3)He did not follow ceremonial washings. (4)Jesus paid no tithe under the law. (5)Jesus refused to implement the law against adultery on the woman caught in the act of adultery. (6)Which is breaking the law. (7)Jesus was not under Jewish law. (8)He was not a Jew!  TK

Hi Tim,

1) What work?
    2) It is lawful to pick and eat corn.
    3) What ceremonial washings?
    4) Who was he suppose to pay tithe to?
    5) He died for her sins and told her to sin no more.
    6) Opinion not based on any facts.
    7) Neither is anybody.
    8) You are bearing false witness again; which is a sin; are you going to REPENT!

Hebrews 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda;
    of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 02 2011,07:36)
    Ed: (1)Jesus came to heal a dark world full of sin. (2)That is one of the reasons he came. (3)Another reason was to enlighten mankind to the truth about God. (4)I think you would agree that if the world that was here was in darkness(lack of truth, light) and sin that things were not functioning properly as far as the church/temple and its forms of worship. (5)Am I going to fast Ed?  (6)The church world or religious world was in darkness and sin apart from God. (7)Jesus came to straighten them out as to the true way to God.
    (8)Are we ok still, no “spin” whatever that little term means. Were on track!

(9)Now, when I write that the Old testament was in sin and darkness you should know what I mean.

(10)That explains my quote previously.

I NEVER ONCE SAID I DID NOT BELIEVE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. I SAID IT WAS PAST/OVER/DONE/FINISHED AND UNNECESSARY FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT TO BE LEARNED!!

TK

Hi Tim,

1) Correct.
    2 Again correct.
    3) Three for three.
    4) Why do you use the word “IF” and assume I agree; stick to facts not presuppositions.
    5) Do you consider what you are telling me to be deep theology?
    6) Isaiah 9:2
    7) Yep.
    8) Point #4 is fuzzy, but agreed no spin as yet.
    9) Please do explain what it is exactly that you mean?
    10) The old “covenant” is over, not the “Old Testament” books of the bible; do you not know the difference?

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed:

We all follow God's law, even Jesus did. (See Isaiah 42:21)
    Jesus died to put God's law in our hearts; is God's law not in your heart?

….THE LAW OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS LOVE! IT IS NOT A “LAW” AS IN AN ACT OR RULE THAT IF BROKEN, IS PUNISHABLE! IT IS IN THE HEARTS OF ALL MANKIND. LOVE IS THE PRESCRIPTION FOR LIFE. IT IS NOT THE LAW OF MOSES NOR THE LEVITICAL LAW WHICH NEITHER ARE APPLICABLE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT!

THE OLD TESTAMENT/COVENANT IS NOT THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE. THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE ARE RECORDS OF TIMES AND EVENTS OF PEOPLES AND THINGS.

Jer.31:33 After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts,
    and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

THE OLD COVENANT WAS THE PROMISE OF GOD TO ABRAHAM AND HIS SEED! THAT IS A COVENANT. THAT IS A TESTAMENT OR WILL!! THE OLD WILL IS FINISHED. THE NEW WILL OF GOD IS ESTABLISHED THROUGH JESUS. IMO, TK

ftk
    Participant

Ed: It's been interesting rhetoric back and forth with you. It seems to me that we are still adversely in opposition at the very fundamentals of what “Christianity” is or should be. Please give me a summary of how you perceive the OT compared to the NT truth of Jesus. Please do not mix, there is no mix between the two!

My overall impression of the old testament was mankind, religiously separated by beliefs, actions, birthrights and sin. People believing they were sinners, and in sin and separated from God because of there sinful, unworthiness and non-perfection unto God. Mostly taught by the religious sect. of that time. If a person believes that there is anything more he could to be perfect then he will never be a perfect son of God. The mind cannot be made perfect if it believes it should do more and then it will be perfect. There is no peace, joy is gone, more works are just a drudgery instead of a work of love. Basically restless sinful feelings of failure under those laws and rules.

The New Covenant, for me, had the testator of the will himself, God in the form of Jesus, come to show and tell the people how the New Covenant will be. He follows shortly after his cousin John establishes regular water Baptism for the(symbolic) remission of sin, for each person, cleaning out their mind completely, from the previous old testament teachings, for mental preparation for the New Way Truth. The spirit of God had come to earth in a bodily form to establish the New Covenant with the truth from God. This new truth came directly from God, evidenced by signs and wonders performed by Jesus and later, any and all believers of the truth. Jesus spoke in parables creating dreams and visions inside of those who could hear with spiritual ears. He painted a picture of the ruling Kingdom of God being created inside each person that would hear and accept the spirit words of God through Jesus. Whosoever would accept and believe the truth of son-ship from God became one with God in union, for as long as faith kept the connection.

The parables all warned of a thief coming to kill, steal, or destroy the words given by Jesus. Beware of the lies and deceptions that will come from religious hierarchy, rulers of the previous darkness, wicked spirits/words/doctrines in heavenly places/churches. If one goes away from the truth he is apart from God. If one comes and accepts and holds fast to persecution and affliction that come against the word/truth, then they are united as one in the family of God with full inheritance!

There is only one requirement of the New Testament, that is to fully accept the truth by faith. From the love that is shed in our hearts from the truth with full acceptance by faith we are to spread that same unconditional love that God has given to us.
    Unconditional love is love given no matter what the condition is. Love never commands or makes a person do, not do, say, or not say anything. Love allows. Love flows with goodness, kind acts, peaceful intentions, acceptance of others of whatever they do if it is not against another person. Love has no sin, no specific requirements, just spreading good to all.

This is how I perceive the New Testament. IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.
    Meaning that in the Old “Testament” YHVH gave us his law, and in the New “Testament”
    YHVH put that law into the heart of all believers via His HolySpirit.
    Understand the meaning of these verses…

Every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder,
    which bringeth forth out of HIS TREASURE things “NEW” and “OLD”. (Matthew 13:52 / John 16:15)
    All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.

It's our Job to give: biblical passages, testimony, and evidence as to what the truth is;
    it’s God’s Job to prove that truth to those who hear through the faith that is in them.
    YHVH confirms the word of his servant, and performs the counsel of his messengers.

Do you agree with my overall view here?   …if not, explain how specifically?
    You seem to fall into the same trap that everyone else falls into from time to time,
    which is: everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and YOU must correct this thinking.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: You most likely got that cute little first line,…”The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed”…..from some commentary in the past but I totally disagree with its accuracy!

At the beginning, with Abraham the covenant was made with God and sealed by faith. Faith was the original, the law for an intermediate time, leading to Christ in us by faith, end/final way to connect with God. God chose any or all who would believe in him as his people.

Faith was lost by the majority of the people and they cried constantly for a law to follow. God finally gave them the precepts for life that you call “commandments” or “laws”. I say a commandment or law has a punishment for correction if not followed.

Faith was nearly cut off as the masses adhered to the rules of Moses. Yet thousands of years before it came to pass, the prophets all told us there was a great change coming, from the intermediate time of law, back to faith, forever! The law was until Christ! Since then the Kingdom of God is created within each person. Love written on the heart forever. The first(way of God) would rise again last. A new day was coming. The year of jubilee. The light/truth would come in that day, the day of the lord, and show each person the truth. The first original way to God by faith became last and the last, by faith in Jesus, became first.

The end of that religious world, BC, came. The new world order, AD, arose in Christ by faith. Jesus came to remind(fill the mind) or re-introduce us to the truth that has always been the connection to God. Faith in the words of God though Jesus is the New Spirit way of union with God.

There is absolutely no mix whatsoever between the two covenants. One was applicable to physical, earthly truth. One pertained to spiritual and is only applicable in Spirit truth. You can't put New Wine into old wine-skins lest they burst. New wine is for the soul. The spirit reminding the soul of who it has always been.

I have learned through others and I have learned mostly by revelations of understandings from God. Mans truth I can alter or sway to the right or left but the revelations I have are immovable by any but God! I'm most certainly not in any trap. Jesus promised me early on in my journey, …..when you find the truth, the truth will “make” you free! Not set you free, you were never bound, you just thought you were. I am free and in love. Thank you for your time Ed, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 03 2011,21:06)
    Ed: You most likely got that cute little first line,…”The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed”…..from some commentary in the past but I totally disagree with its accuracy!

1. At the beginning, with Abraham the covenant was made with God and sealed by faith. Faith was the original, the law for an intermediate time, leading to Christ in us by faith, end/final way to connect with God. God chose any or all who would believe in him as his people.

2. (A)Faith was lost by the majority of the people and they cried constantly for a law to follow. (B)God finally gave them the precepts for life that you call “commandments” or “laws”. (C)I say a commandment or law has a punishment for correction if not followed.

3. (A)Faith was nearly cut off as the masses adhered to the rules of Moses. (B)Yet thousands of years before it came to pass, the prophets all told us there was a great change coming, (C)from the intermediate time of law, back to faith, forever! (D)The law was until Christ! (E)Since then the Kingdom of God is created within each person. (F)Love written on the heart forever. (G)The first(way of God) would rise again last. (H)A new day was coming. The year of jubilee. (I)The light/truth would come in that day, the day of the lord, and show each person the truth. (J)The first original way to God by faith became last and the last, by faith in Jesus, became first.

Thank you for your time Ed, TK

Hi Tim,

1) And just exactly how do you believe this is anything different from what I said?

2) A) Spin, not based on anything biblical.
        B) This Part is correct!
        C) More spin.

3) A) What?
        B) Before what came to pass?
        C) What is this suppose to mean?
        D) Clearly you don't understand what 'law'!
        E) Well, well, well, we agree here; send down the streamers!
        F) Yes, via the “HolySpirit” through Jesus'(74) sacrifice on the [] “cross”(74).
        G) Hey that's a lot like: The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.
        H) Yes, my friend, you do understand the last of God's seven feasts!
        I) Yes, my friend, today is that day!
        J) Could you use different words here, as I'm unsure of what you're trying to say?

Since this post is getting too big, I'm breaking into two posts.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 03 2011,21:06)
    Ed:

4. (A)The end of that religious world, BC, came. (B)The new world order, (C)AD, arose in Christ by faith. (D)Jesus came to remind(fill the mind) or re-introduce us to the truth that has always been the connection to God. (E)Faith in the words of God though Jesus is the New Spirit way of union with God.

5. (A)There is absolutely no mix whatsoever between the two covenants. (B)One was applicable to physical, earthly truth. One pertained to spiritual and is only applicable in Spirit truth. (C)You can't put New Wine into old wine-skins lest they burst. (D)New wine is for the soul. (E)The spirit reminding the soul of who it has always been.

6. (A)I have learned through others and I have learned mostly by revelations of understandings from God. (B)Mans truth I can alter or sway to the right or left (C)but the revelations I have are immovable by any but God! (D)I'm most certainly not in any trap. (E)Jesus promised me early on in my journey, …..when you find the truth, the truth will “make” you free!  (F)Not set you free, (G)you were never bound, (H)you just thought you were. (I)I am free and in love. (J)Thank you for your time Ed, TK

Hi Tim, continued…

4) A) You mean A.D. came; right?
        B) You most likely got that cute little line from some commentary.
        C) Yes, I thought that you meant A.D. in point numbered 4) A).
        D) Could you use different words here, as I'm unsure of what you're trying to say?
        E) Yes, and …

5) A) Who's mixing them?
        B) Spin.
        C) This verse applies to truth, people have to give up their false truth's or else they burst.
        D) New wine is New covenant written with Jesus' blood.
        F) Is this more Tim spin?

6) A) Would I fall into the category of others here?
        B)
        C) God is able to change your thinking then?
        D) And the Jews said they have Abraham as their father.
        E) Read the verse before the one you quote. (John 8:31)
        F) There is no difference between those words and the other words!
        G) The Jews said they “were never in bondage” also. (John 8:33)
            But what saith the scriptures: John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
            Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
            If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (Meaning you must stop all sinning to be FREE from the effects of sin!)
        H) Were what?
        I) Matt.7:2!
        J) Anytime.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: Please look and hear!

…..G) The Jews said they “were never in bondage” also. (John 8:33)…..JESUS SAID THEY WERE SERVANTS OF SIN ABOUT TO LOOSE THEIR HOUSE/TEMPLE…..
    But what saith the scriptures: John 8:34-36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
    Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth

forever……WHOSOEVER COMMITETH [lit. agrees, abides, continues in] SIN = SERVANT OF SIN AND….THE SERVANT ABIDETH NOT FOREVER!!….(still talking about sin)…..but
    …………THE SON ABIDETH FOREVER…..If the son shall make you free(from sin, still talking about sin)…ye shall be free indeed! Free from sin!! Positively! FOREVER!

If the Son therefore shall make you free(FROM SIN), ye shall be free indeed.

(Meaning you must stop all sinning to be FREE from the effects of sin!) THAT DEFINITION IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG IN MY OPINION! TK

ftk
    Participant

Ed:
    You mentioned in one of your responses where I said the two covenants are completely separated and do not mix. You said…who's mixing them?…You do if you believe there is a carry-over law from the old testament to the New Testament. The New Test. has a precept for life, LOVE! It is not a law by my definition.

Yes, I have learned much from you. Every time you challenge me to write what a scripture means to me, of give my opinion of any part of Bible truth I learn a great deal. This is why I thank you your time. I also hope someone else on this site might get some different perceptions of the truth from our rhetoric.

Also, I made a statement…”I am free and in love(with God)”….and you quoted Matt.7:2…about judgment. Judge not that ye not be judged….I am at a loss! What did you mean? IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,
                                                                                     ↑       ↑      ↑
    What did you mean by your point lettered “6 H”, three posts up.

God bless

ftk
    Participant

Ed: The scriptures say….you will know the truth and the truth will “make” you free(from bondage of sin)……the choice of the word “make” instead of….”set”….you free….says to me that we were never in sin/bondage in the first place. For me, to be set free means I was bound and then set free. Make you free to me means, make you understand or make you see, that you are not bound, you are not in sin, you are not separated from God, you just think you are, or are not aware that you are.

That's the way I see it! Sin is wrong thinking, that there is wrong! Sin is self condemning for a wrong that doesn't exist. There is no condemnation in Christ,….for those who believe! If you believe in sin you believe in judgment to decide what is right and what is wrong. For a person that always wants to do better, he would always be in condemnation of self. You can want to do better without condemning yourself for that which you did already. Judge not….LEST YE BE JUDGED! By whom? BY YOU!

Your ego self is programmed with earthly information and understands earthly information. The spirit of God/Christ that you hear and choose to accept in mind, as over-riding truth, is usually at odds with the ego self. We have to separate the perfection we have in God through Jesus with the choice making life we live in duality on earth. There is no evil. There is only God/good/life. Duality is not good and evil! Duality is two opposing sides of a Good force. Like temperature. What temperature is right for you. Choosing one side, hot, to its extreme or the other side, cold, to its extreme. Where is perfection for you? Not right or wrong. Literally live in whats comfortable and feels good to you. IMO, TK

ftk
    Participant

All: Religion (mans ideas about God) has created an image in most people that they don't even recognize. Let take a look at the comparison of religion vs Jesus/truth

Jesus said the house of God, kingdom of God, temple of God and Church of God are inside of mankind in the New Testament Truth.

Religion today says come to this concrete structure on the corner with a cross on top. This is the church of God.
    Jesus said his spirit would come and teach and lead all who would come to him and learn the truth. Building the church inside the body. Called the body of Christ.

Religion says come and be baptized with water.
    Jesus says come and be baptized or immersed with the “spirit water” of the words of God. The spirit of God, leading you into all truth.

Religion says you have sin and are dirty. All have sinned and come short of the glory! You are wretched and unrighteous and need to be saved by saying Jesus is lord and believing God raised him from the dead.

Jesus said come to me, all who are heavy laden(with sin and failure thoughts) and I will give you rest! I will break the bonds that tie you (religious rituals, works, efforts for perfection etc.,) Come take of me, my yoke is easy and my burden is lite. I will forgive your mistakes and remember your sin no more. I will take away the sin of the world. I will lay my life down for all those WHO WILL JUST BELIEVE that I have done what I said I would do. If you believe in me I will lead you to God/perfection for free!!

Religion implies that according to reaping and sowing if you give even your very last dollar to this physical church God will open the windows of heaven and throw money all over you.

Jesus says, freely you have been given life and freely you receive and accept. Just BELIEVE!

Religion says try not to sin!

Jesus says, I have taken away sin. Whatever you think sin is, I have taken it away, it has no dominion or power of any kind. It should be erased from your mind. Jesus took your sin on himself. Leaving you sinless, spotless, clean, worthy, righteous and perfect unto God. If you BELIEVE!

Does anyone wonder at this point who the real “antichrist” really is? The antichrist doctrine would be anything that doesn't align with the teachings of Jesus. Now do you see? IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 04 2011,21:43)
    Ed: The scriptures say….you will know the truth and the truth will “make” you free(from bondage of sin)……the choice of the word “make” instead of….”set”….you free….says to me that we were never in sin/bondage in the first place. (1)For me, to be set free means I was bound and then set free. Make you free to me means, make you understand or make you see, that you are not bound, (2)you are not in sin, you are not separated from God, you just think you are, or are not aware that you are.    

(3)That's the way I see it! Sin is wrong thinking, that there is wrong! Sin is self condemning for a wrong that doesn't exist. There is no condemnation in Christ,….for those who believe! (4)If you believe in sin you believe in judgment to decide what is right and what is wrong. For a person that always wants to do better, he would always  be in condemnation of self. You can want to do better without condemning yourself for that which you did already. Judge not….LEST YE BE JUDGED! By whom? BY YOU!  

(5)Your ego self is programmed with earthly information and understands earthly information. The spirit of God/Christ that you hear and choose to accept in mind, as over-riding truth, is usually at odds with the ego self. We have to separate the perfection we have in God through Jesus with the choice making life we live in duality on earth. (6)There is no evil. There is only God/good/life. (7)Duality is not good and evil! (8)Duality is two opposing sides of a Good force. Like temperature. What temperature is right for you. Choosing one side, hot, to its extreme or the other side, cold, to its extreme. Where is perfection for you? Not right or wrong. Literally live in whats comfortable and feels good to you.  IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

1) Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. (John 8:34)    
        Notice it says “Commit”, NOT 'think'? DO, act, transgress, NOT think!

2) Why do you always appear to be telling me things that don't apply to me?
        “I STOPPED COMMITTING SIN; PERIOD!”

3) But that is not what sin is!

4) What is this suppose to mean? ???

5) I have told you many times now: “I KILLED THE EGO”!   …you mean your ego, right?

6) BS 'New age philosophy' garbage!

7) Once again FALSE, it sure is.

8) Do you believe like Aleister Crowley? …  
        'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.' ~ Aleister Crowley

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Oct. 04 2011,22:15)
    All:

Religion says you have sin and are dirty. All have sinned and come short of the glory!
    You are wretched and unrighteous and need to be saved by saying Jesus is lord and believing God raised him from the dead.

IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

This is what the word of God says, not poor mislead religionists.
    I keep telling you, but you refuse to believe me, you are fighting God!

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 448 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account