What Is Meant by Born Again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    No scriptural evidence that Saul was saved the moment he fell of his horse and believed? I thought so.

No scriptural evidence to those who look through eyes of flesh. For those of us who view the scriptures with spiritual eyes, the evidence is as plain as the nose on your face.

kenrch
    Participant

When you repent and believe that Jesus was the lamb of God that is the sacrifice of God then you come under the New Covenant.  Without blood there is no Covenant(Heb. 9 I believe).  When you accept Jesus you accept His sacrifice and are covered in the blood of the lamb.

Repent and be baptized.  That's right repent accept Jesus and then be baptized in the water which symbolizes the shed blood.  This is what the high priest did by sprinkling the blood of animals on people.  Our High Priest (Jesus) has shed His own blood once and for all for the forgivness of sin.

If we did not use water in the place of Jesus blood and wine at communion what would we use?  Is it the water and the wine that saves?

What doesn't anybody understand?  Besides Nick.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

In Acts 26:13 -20 Paul relates to King Agrippa his conversion experience.
    No mention of water baptism.
    He tells him of a light shining from heaven
    Of a voice speaking to him.
    And then of how he in obedience to this 'heavenly vision' went about preaching that
    men everywhere should repent.

Now we know that Paul also taught water baptism – this is not in dispute here.
    But if water baptism is primary and pivotal to salvation why does Paul not mention it here?

Paul is concerned first with preaching repentance – with persuading men of God's willingness to save them and their need to be saved.
    When a positive response follows from the hearers then comes the command to be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for remission of sins.

kenrch
    Participant

When they preached repentance what did they preach?  They preached Jesus.  The Gospel!  Jesus died for your sins repent (accept the sacrifice of Jesus) and be baptized.

How can you be wrong?  That's what scripture says.

Act 2:38  And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1) Repent ye
    2) be baptized in Jesus Name
    3)receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Amen brothers. That is the order the Father set down to the Church. It is the corruption of the baptisms that have created the sons of perditon. They comes posing as angels of light, but their purpose is to steal the souls of men. It is for this reason he had me post the study of the 3 baptism. The world would have you believe that it is not faith that saves us and that it is not the blood of the lamb that baptizes us into Christ. If we are not baptized into Christ, we are not saved. And it is this baptism that saves us, not the baptism of water. There is a difference of being baptized into Christ and being baptized in the name of Christ. If people would do the study on the 3 baptisms, they could discover the truth. To discover the truth, you must seek the truth. There are many who refuse to do so.

1 Cor. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 29 2006,20:47)
    When they preached repentance what did they preach? They preached Jesus. The Gospel! Jesus died for your sins repent (accept the sacrifice of Jesus) and be baptized.

How can you be wrong? That's what scripture says.

Act 2:38 And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1) Repent ye
    2) be baptized in Jesus Name
    3)receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Excellent Point,
    This is exactly what the Bible teaches. The problem is many don't practice this. Most preachers preach salvation without repentance.
    There are plenty of lost people being baptized everyday. Nevertheless I want to obey the Bible, therefore it is repentance, faith, baptism, and receival of the Spirit. This is the majority of cases, and there are a few exceptions, but God is sovereign. I believe each aspec is vital, and there is not one without the other. I am not God so I cannot dictate slavation I simply obey the Bible in making disciples, and baptizing them.

That is what it is all about.

Semmy, as far as obeying, that comes only by allowing Christ to work in us. That is being obedient. If we try to do our will, and not allow him to do his, we are being disobedient. So how do we do this? And this is for those who are saved.

First we must understand that the only good in us is our faith in his Son.
    Second, we must allow our will to diminish and his will to grow. This is done by feeding on God's Word and fellowship and lifting Holy hands into the air and praising God, for he inhabits the praise of the saints.
    Third, we should pray every day in the spirit, known as tongues. All who have the baptism of the Holy Spirit have this prayer language, but often many because of lack of faith do not use it.

The more we walk in the spirit, talk in the spirit, breathe, eat, sing, the more he lives in us and the less we become of our sinful nature.

God knows us better then we know ourselves and he should, he created us. We just have to learn to believe that. We are our own greatest enemies. Our selfwill is always trying to get in the way, but the devil is there putting temptations in the way to cause our selfwill, our sinful nature to react. That is why we need to stand steadfast in God's Word and his love. And his AMAZING GRACE.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    When a baby is born is is helpless, ignorant and immature. Birth signals that a man will grow from that infant but the man only appears many years later.
    Rebirth from above then does not show the character of Christ in us for a long time too and we are as men of the world for a long time till, if allowed to grow and fed by the Word we become sons of God led by the Spirit. Jesus gave us the parable of the planting of wheat in Mk 4 and the fruit was the last manifestation resulting from that planting and invisible till manifested. We obey and God gives the result.

Gal 4
    ” 19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, “
    2Peter and Gal 4 also spoke of this slow process.

2Peter 1
    “19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts”

david
    Participant

Hi,
    When a baby is born is is helpless, ignorant and immature. Birth signals that a man will grow from that infant but the man only appears many years later.
    Rebirth from above then does not show the character of Christ in us for a long time too and we are as men of the world for a long time till, if allowed to grow and fed by the Word we become sons of God led by the Spirit. Jesus gave us the parable of the planting of wheat in Mk 4 and the fruit was the last manifestation resulting from that planting and invisible till manifested. We obey and God gives the result.

Gal 4
    ” 19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, “
    2Peter and Gal 4 also spoke of this slow process.

2Peter 1
    “19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts”

Hi Nick.
    I'm looking for your recent born again experience that you posted 2 days ago. I'm having trouble finding it.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Born of the water of which 90% our fleshy body consists of
    And born of the Spirit which is what GOD is.

So naturally being born again would mean transferring into our Spirit body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,00:31)
    Born of the water of which 90% our fleshy body consists of
    And born of the Spirit which is what GOD is.

So naturally being born again would mean transferring into our Spirit body.

Hi sf,
    No where does scripture describe us as water. That is from human wisdom.

We are reborn of the Spirit of God now. Nowhere does it say we have or get a spirit body, but rather an imperishable heavenly body.[1Cor 15]

david
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    I'm looking for your recent born again experience that you posted 2 days ago. I'm having trouble finding it.

Still looking. Can anyone other than Nick help.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Hi Nick
    You are right it is from the knowledge we have gained that I mentioned our bodies being of water. Biblically our physical bodies are dust and shall return to dust.

However, what do you think Jesus meant in John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If Jesus did not lie and God is a Spirit, then what is a imperishable hevanly body?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,15:59)
    Hi Nick
    You are right it is from the knowledge we have gained that I mentioned our bodies being of water. Biblically our physical bodies are dust and shall return to dust.

However, what do you think Jesus meant in John 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If Jesus did not lie and God is a Spirit, then what is a imperishable hevanly body?

Hi TJS,
    Some reflections.
    Scripturally a spirit can be the life force from the breath of God.

Ecc 12
    ” 7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. “

Matt 27.50
    ” 50And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.”

1Thess 5
    ” 23Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. “

Or it can be a being without a material body.

Mark 6:49
    “But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out:”

Luke 24:39
    “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.”

So God is a being and lives in heaven. As a being He has a spirit which is the Holy Spirit and this Spirit has amazing qualities and abilities and God does all His work through His Spirit.

We should be in Christ and be sharers of that Spirit, one with God and Christ and that Spirit can help us relate to God. Prayer in tongues is the Spirit in us praying to God for us and it should be sought.

Rom 8
    ” 9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.”

Rom 8
    ” 26In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
    27and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”

Man as of his nature is of three aspects-body, soul and spirit. His flesh nature is cursed unto death and needs to be replaced with a heavenly one like that of the Man from heaven has, at the resurrection or rapture to be able to live eternally.

TJStarfire
    Participant

And what of those possed by evil spirits and casting out evil spirits?
    Remember only 1/3 of the Spirits were cast out of Heaven, RIGHT?

TJStarfire
    Participant

Then there is also
    Genesis 6:3
    And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

I suggest you look at Matt 27:50 again in a different light, the light of having the breath of life attached to flesh and giving it up at death to return to the creator. Or rather to the place HE has created for us, to await the second and final judgment.

there are quite a few places left in this Bible that suggest that people give up the ghost at death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,18:19)
    And what of those possed by evil spirits and casting out evil spirits?
    Remember only 1/3 of the Spirits were cast out of Heaven, RIGHT?

Hi TJS,
    Yes. Demons or 'evil spirits' are another form of being without a body but they are earth bound and not as the heavenly angels. The evil angels too will be cast to earth in the endtimes to cause havoc.

Isaiah 8:19
    And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Psalm 104:4
    Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Matthew 10:1
    And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Luke 8:2
    And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,

Angels can take on bodily form and many have entertained them without realising it.

1Let brotherly love continue.

2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Well if you believe that the angels cast to earth and bound here are another form of being without physical bodies. What is keeping you from believing in the other Spirits being of the same form?

Or in the the belief I expressed as to having one of those forms of bodies attached to our physical bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account