What Is Meant by Born Again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 276 total)
  • Author

This is where you can say that those who believe in the once save, always saved doctrine should take heed. For he received salvation and then was baptized by water. Yet sin enter in, and he tried to purchase the ability to lay hands in giving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. And this is not the first time I have answered you on this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So you claim he received salvation, which you say is the inner cleansing, but he his inner vessel was not yet clean?
    Acts 8
    ” 21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.”

How can this be?

If he had died would he have been saved?

If so why and if not why not?

Lk 13
    ” 5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”

Surely only God sees the heart and the lack in Simon was in repentance, and because of lacking repentance before God he had not yet been forgiven and cleansed despite submission to baptism in water?

Nick, what are you talking about? The outer vessel? That is just a house for the soul. If the soul leaves, the vessel returns to the earth. The outer vessel has nothing to do with salvation. Salvation is a spiritual matter, not a matter of the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Not the body but the soul vessel that houses the Spirit of God, the cup which the Pharisees could not clean but which is cleansed by the Word of God and the blood of the Lamb unto salvation.

Acts 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Read what it says. It says that his heart was not right. And he needed to repent again to get his heart right. This is where many today make the same mistake. Their hearts are not right in the eyes of God.

Acts 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

It says in this verse that Simon believed first, and then was baptized. He believed unto salvation, which is the baptism of blood and then he was baptized by water. Yet, he let sin creep back into his heart. And tried to by the ability to give the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So you say Simon was saved but lost his salvation?
    His heart had been washed clean but it had only a been temporary thing?
    So we have to repent twice to be properly cleansed or was this just Simon?

What I am saying is that Simon was saved and he allowed for sin to enter into his heart. And it was a most grievous sin that could lead to the loss of his salvation if he did not repent.

Sin is like a cold. If left untreated, it could cause one to be sick unto the point of death.

NickHassan
    Participant

So H,
    What is the evidence given to us of our salvation?
    Is it not the Holy Spirit with Which we are sealed and given a downpayment?

Eph 1.13
    “13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, “

Mk 16
    ” 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

And in fact this is an essential Witness to our salvation.

Rom 8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

So Simon did not have this Witness and that is why he wanted to buy It.

So on what basis are you telling us he was saved?

He believed with all of his heart that Christ was Lord.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 24 2006,23:28)
    He believed with all of his heart that Christ was Lord.

I don't believe his heart was right with God which means he was never saved.

Act 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy silver perish with thee, because thou hast thought to obtain the gift of God with money.
    Act 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right before God

Dear Kenrch, you can't argue with scripture. It says that Simon first believed and then was baptized. Yet, he allowed sin to creep into his heart. Many today have suffered the same fate. The get saved and they allow sin to creep into their hearts. And unless they repent of that sin, it could cost them their souls.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So no scriptural evidence then?

Only for those of you who are not of the same spirit Nick.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was posting. My browser acted as if it didn't post. Maybe the Lord was sending a message more then once.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So no scriptural evidence then?

Let me think for a minute. Do you think that Paul believed once he met Jesus? I would. I don't think you would though or you would not be saying no scriptural evidence. Would Jesus appearing to me make me believe? I believe without him appearing to me in this way. I think it is safe to say Paul believed once the Lord appeared to him. And then it says he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the baptism of water. All is scriptural to those who see with spiritual eyes.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account