What Is Meant by Born Again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 276 total)
  • Author

My humbleness comes by my knowing that the only good thing in me is my Saviour who I believe lives in my heart and it is my faith in him that gives me hope. My faith grows in him, and through him, for he is Word. When the Holy Spirit reveals the truth through the scriptures and I believe without doubt, it is written on the fleshly tablets of my heart. Jesus is the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Treasure is certainly the Spirit of Christ but the vessel remains of weak earth

But the vessel can be morified through faith in Christ. For greater is he who is in me, then he who is in the world. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi<
    Here is another description of rebirth in Jn 1 12f
    ” 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood [literally bloods], nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”

So rebirth is of God.
    It is not of natural geneology.
    It is not of our natural physical ability.
    It is not of our will or decision to .
    But it does relate to our acceptance of the gospel of Jesus.
    We must allow that seed to grow in us.
    That does not immediately make us sons.
    We then receive the right to become children of God.
    We become sons of God by that seed planted in us.

Natural birth in scripture is of woman
    Spiritual birth is of God.

Matt 11
    ” 11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist:”

None are born “of water”. We do not derive from water.The waters of childbirth are simply the fluids embryos live in and it gives them nothing but an environment.

And it is through the rebirth of the spirit a man must come to God. It is by faith in the Son of God that a man is born again, renewed, spiritually awakened again. For does not the seed first die, before it is reborn? This is the same with the spirit. Yet, just as the first Adam brought death to all mankind, the last Adam brought life and all who believe in him will never die.

The first Adam by sin, brought death to all of mankind. The last Adam by not sinning tasted death for all mankind so that all who believe in him will never die.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say

” For does not the seed first die, before it is reborn?This is the same with the spirit.”

So what of Romans 8?
    ” 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”
    and 1 Cor 2
    ” 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”

??

1 Cor. 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes we get a new body.
    But what of the spirit?

Our spirit that was once dead because of sin, must be reborn to enter the Kingdom of God. If this rebirth does not happen, the resurrection of the flesh will never happen. For the spirit of the man must be quickened by the quickening spirit, Christ Jesus. Then and only then, on the day of resurrection can the spirit be resurrected from corruptible to incorruptible by rising with the eternal body that will never die. The soul that died in Christ and is with Christ comes together with the flesh that sleeps in the grave and corruptible is changed to incorruptible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 07 2006,23:03)
    Our spirit that was once dead because of sin, must be reborn to enter the Kingdom of God. If this rebirth does not happen, the resurrection of the flesh will never happen. For the spirit of the man must be quickened by the quickening spirit, Christ Jesus. Then and only then, on the day of resurrection can the spirit be resurrected from corruptible to incorruptible by rising with the eternal body that will never die. The soul that died in Christ and is with Christ comes together with the flesh that sleeps in the grave and corruptible is changed to incorruptible.

Hi H,
    So, unlike Paul, we were never under the law,
    being gentiles,
    but were under conscience.
    Rom 2
    ” 12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) “

So how does it apply to us?

The Word of God, the Son of God, is the spiritual law. When a man is born again, Jesus comes into that man, into his heart. And as that man grows in faith, by believing in the Word, by believing in his mind without doubt, it becomes written on the fleshly tablet of his heart. This is the law of the NT covenant. It is the Holy Spirit that moves us and teaches us and helps us to grow, to become Christlike. The more we believe in God's Word, the more it is written in our hearts. The more God manifests himself to us through his Word, the more our faith grows and the more our faith grows, the more Christ grows in us. The more Christ grows in us, the less our sinful nature has hold on us. It is a lifetime walk. It is a walk in the spirit.

All who of the same spirit, who are born again of God will know the things of God. Those who are not will be lost and deceived into believing they do know the way. Yet if they don't believe this post, they are not of the same spirit. This post is credible and worthy of all acceptance of the faith. Those who have the Holy Spirit of God will know this is true. Those who may question it may need to grow in the spirit of understanding. But those who blatantly refuse to prove and reprove to find if it is of God or not are not of the same spirit. For is says in the scriptures to prove and reprove all things to see if of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    But where does it say we test the spirits against your words?

Even Jesus said in Jn 5
    ” 31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. “

So where does that leave you?

If you were of the same spirit of the God who created the heavens and the earth Nick, you would know the truth, but the truth is not in you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Everyone who hears the message from Jn 3 has already been born and that has solved no problems. Instead it highlights the short time we have to live here and in that time we must find out what it means to be born from above.

We go to the well very day for the water of life but that access will stop.

Ecc 12
    “1Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.”
    We need the fountain of the Spirit unto eternal life which is found in the Son of God.

Jn 7
    ” 37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Your well has run dry. You post scripture, but you don't understand what you post. John 3, the litmus test, you failed. I have tried to help you understand it, but it is not that you don't understand it, it is that you refuse to understand it. The truth is not in you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    So why did Jesus tell those who had been born that they must be born of water?

The same reason Peter said this to the friends of Cornelius in Acts 10.

” 44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”

And the same reason that Jesus said to John in Matt 3

“13Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. “

To fulfill the righteous demands of God.

Matt 6
    ” 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. “

We do not have to understand
    but we do need to obey.

If the truth was in you Nick, you would know the truth, but the truth is not in you so you deny it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    As Romans 6 and 1 Cor 15 show us the water baptism is for us sharing in the death of Jesus so that by the sowing of the old perishable flesh we can be raised into an imperishable body.
    Rom 6
    ” 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

1Cor 15
    ” 35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”

Romans 6 is talking about the baptism of salvation for the remission of sin. It is not talking of water, for water cannot was away the sin, but only the blood of the Lamb can cleanse us from sin. It is not with water that the body of sin is destroyed, it is with the blood of the Lamb.

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account