What Is Meant by Born Again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say

” Evidently you do not know for sure? I do know for sure, for I have experienced it. All those who have experienced it also know for sure. “

How reliable is experience?
    Is it as reliable as scripture?
    No.

It is backed by scripture. Is yours? I lived scripture, can you say the same?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Yes.
    But I do not preach my experiences as the gospel as we are told what we have to preach and we are servants.

What then can you say of being born again?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I hear the wind, and see the effects in many lives,
    and I know the shepherds voice, and the voice of strangers.

How about you?

Mercy
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 28 2006,22:24)
    You stick with young, I will with old, the good old King James.

Dear Mercy, would you ask this question if you knew the answer? Evidently you do not know for sure? I do know for sure, for I have experienced it. All those who have experienced it also know for sure. For the rebirth is in the Spirit. The spirit that was once spiritually dead because of sin, is reborn or renewed by the quickening Spirit, Christ the Lord through faith in him.

I asked because I wanted brotherly counsel and to get your opinions. I made the mistake of assuming this alternate translation was widely known enough not to need an introduction, especially amongst such scholarly chaps as yourselves.

H, You stick with King James and I will stick with the Greek manuscripts. I truly hope that you somehow don't think that the King James version is more reliable than it's source material (i.e. the greek manuscripts). If I was fluent in greek yet did not speak English then would I need to learn English or purchase a reverse Strongs english to greek concordance in order to properly understand the scriptures?

I used Young's translation because I cannot use my keyboard to type in greek nor do I think it would be very useful to do so for those who don't read greek.

Strong's Number 509
    anothen {an'-o-then}

1) from above, from a higher place

a) of things which come from heaven or God

2) from the first, from the beginning, from the very first

3) anew, over again

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/5/1156833027-9401.html

The link above shows all 13 uses of the greek word anothen.
    AV – from above 5, top 3, again 2, from the first 1,
    from the beginning 1, not tr 1; 13

The 2 times it uses again is found only in the 3rd Chapter of John during Jesus's teaching to Nicodemus. In John 3:3 and John 3:7

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mercy,
    The word is translated as ” again ” only in Jn 3?
    What evidence do we have from outside scripture for it's use?

Mercy
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I simply don't know and was hoping somebody else had info.

Quote (Mercy @ Aug. 29 2006,07:42)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 28 2006,22:24)
    You stick with young, I will with old, the good old King James.

Dear Mercy, would you ask this question if you knew the answer? Evidently you do not know for sure? I do know for sure, for I have experienced it. All those who have experienced it also know for sure. For the rebirth is in the Spirit. The spirit that was once spiritually dead because of sin, is reborn or renewed by the quickening Spirit, Christ the Lord through faith in him.

I asked because I wanted brotherly counsel and to get your opinions.  I made the mistake of assuming this alternate translation was widely known enough not to need an introduction, especially amongst such scholarly chaps as yourselves.

H, You stick with King James and I will stick with the Greek manuscripts. I truly hope that you somehow don't think that the King James version is more reliable than it's source material (i.e. the greek manuscripts). If I was fluent in greek yet did not speak English then would I need to learn English or purchase a reverse Strongs english to greek concordance in order to properly understand the scriptures?

I used Young's translation because I cannot use my keyboard to type in greek nor do I think it would be very useful to do so for those who don't read greek.  

Strong's Number 509
    anothen {an'-o-then}

1) from above, from a higher place

a) of things which come from heaven or God

2) from the first, from the beginning, from the very first

3) anew, over again

http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/5/1156833027-9401.html

The link above shows all 13 uses of the greek word anothen.  
    AV – from above 5, top 3, again 2, from the first 1,
        from the beginning 1, not tr 1; 13

The 2 times it uses again is found only in the 3rd Chapter of John during Jesus's teaching to Nicodemus. In John 3:3 and John 3:7

Dear Mercy,

Sister, don't you think I have access to the same. You have to understand that the Greek that was used in the translation of the King James is older then what you will find on the net.

Why does everyone want to use everything other then God? It amazes me how no one says I was praying and fasting and the Lord revealed this to me. Oh what an evil generation we live in. Seek the face of the Lord. Do the wll of the Father. If you want to know the will of the Father, you will pray and fast and get down on your face before him. It is these things that bring one close to God. Open your heart to him. Remove the ways of the world. Remove the ways of men. Come to the Lord with prayer and suplication. Humble yourself before the Lord.

If you want to know what bible translation is the Word of God, and I believe with all of my heart, there is only one that is the Holy Bible, then you need to seek the face of God and let him reveal it to you so there is no doubt.

Little sister, I am sorry if I offend you in anyway. I don't do so out of anything other the love of Christ in my heart. You must understand that the Gospel of Christ has been compromised for generations and most have been led to believe a lie. The time is short in the return of our Lord and the urgency to spread the truth is vital. So many are caught within the grasp of the lie that was started centuries ago, that most will never escape.

The trinity doctrine is part of this false teaching. I believe it was the beginning of deceptions. Then came the changing of the baptisms which was the most damaging to the faith. This corrupted the gospel and for centuries, the faith was held in captivity until finally freedom of religion. It was at this time, the baptism were put in the rightful order in some churches. Yet, it was like a learning process all over again. And still is today.

Anyway, the time is short, for the return of our Lord draweth near.

Now, as for being reborn in the spirit, you must understand that that is what it means. When Adam sinned, he became spiritually dead. And unless a mean us reborn in the spirit, he will not enter the kingdom of God. And your interpretation is not incorrect. For to be born again is to be born from above. It also is to be renewed in the Spirit. This all comes from the quickening Spirit, Christ the Lord, who is from above.

wind_slasher52
    Participant

@nick and h
    have you receive the holyghost?

@mercy
    john 3:5 says(NKJV)
    “5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

it clearly states that in order to be saved, you need to receive the holyghost you need to received the baptism of water and of the spirit in order to see or enter to the kingdomof God

acts 2:38 says
    Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

this is the true and real plan of salvation, if you want ican give you more details about plan of salvation because we need to be saved, Jesus is coming soon. just PM me if u want.thanks and Godbless:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WS2,
    Indeed Yes.
    The God who sent His son and anointed Him in His Spirit has continued that work among us.

Mercy
    Participant

My name must be to effiminate. I am a guy, fellas! :)

John 1:11-13
    12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

The “born from above” interpretation doesn't essentially change anything. The above verse helps give credance to that interpretation I think. Being born again or born from above both imply becoming a “new creature” and a “son of God”.

Heiscomingintheclouds, I think you are a great man of God and I respect you. I just can't agree with your stance on the KJV being infallible. I will rely on the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts without an apologies. If they were good enough for Jesus, the prophets, the apostles, the disciples and all the saints then they are good enough for me.

wind_slasher52
    Participant

hi mercy first i thought youre a female, im sorry:D

by the way here's my answer

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
    Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
    Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
    Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
    Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
    1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    Act 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
    Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God , which he hath purchased with his own blood.
    Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jam 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
    Pro 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
    Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
    Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
    Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
    1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
    Isa 45:22 Look unto me (GOD), and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
    Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
    Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
    Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
    1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
    Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
    Psa 119:89 Forever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
    Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

FAITH
    Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

BELIEVE AND RECIEVE THE GOSPEL
    Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creatureMat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

REPENTANCE
    Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
    Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
    Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusal
    em.
    Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

BE BAPTIZED IN WATER BY IMMERSION IN JESUS' NAME
    Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
    Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
    Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
    Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

RECIEVE THE GIFT (BAPTISM) OF THE HOLY GHOST
    Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
    Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
    Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
    Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
    Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WS2,
    Yes we love scripture too but what are you trying to say?

Who is Jesus to you?

Sorry Mercy, I thought you were female also.

Dear Mercy,

Forgive me for not getting your sex correctly brother. That proves I am capable of mistakes. I am really sorry. As for salvation, one needs only to have faith in Christ. If you believe that is the same as the baptism of the Holy Spirit you are mistake. Now, the Lord has given the baptism to many at salvation, but most do not get the baptism of the Holy Spirit until the laying on of hands by the presbytery.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Obedient
    Repentant
    Faith

Nick,

Faith
    Faith
    Faith

wind_slasher52
    Participant

gretings to you all in jesus’ most precious name!

It seems impressive for others to clip things from piled up commentaries, then drag and drop them as ready replies.
    but the kingdom of god is not about the experiences and relationship of others with god. its about your own !

Verily, verily – An _expression of strong affirmation, denoting the certainty and the importance of what he was about to say. Jesus proceeds to state one of the fundamental and indispensable doctrines of faith. Nothing was kept back for fear of offending men of wealth or power; and for them, as well as the most poor and lowly, as the first thing in seeking God’s truth is a change of heart and of life.

Except a man – This is a universal form of _expression designed to include all mankind. Of “each and every man” it is certain that unless he is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God . It includes, therefore, men of every character and rank, and nation, moral and immoral, rich and poor, in office and out of office, old and young, bond and free, the slave and his master, Jew and Gentile. It is clear that our Saviour intended to convey to Nicodemus the idea, also, that “he” must be born again. It was not sufficient to be a Jew, or to acknowledge him to be a teacher sent by God that is, the Messiah; it was necessary, in addition to this, to experience in his own soul that great change called the “new birth” or regeneration.
    This blunt and curt reply was plainly meant to shake the whole edifice of the man’s religion, in order to lay a deeper and more enduring foundation., his spiritual vision required to be rectified by an entire revolution on his inner man, the Holy Ghost he must receive to born of the Spirit.

a man — not a Jew merely; the necessity is a universal one.

be born again — or, as it were, begin life anew in relation to God; his manner of thinking, feeling, and acting, with reference to spiritual things, undergoing a fundamental and permanent revolution.

Be born of water – By “water,” here, is evidently signified “water baptism.in Jesus name” Thus the word is used in Eph_5:26; Tit_3:5. Baptism was practiced by the Jews in receiving a Gentile as a proselyte. It was practiced by John among the Jews; and Jesus here says that it is an ordinance of his religion, and the sign and seal of the renewing influences of his Spirit. So he said Mar_16:16, “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.” It is clear from these places, and from the example of the apostles Act_2:38, Act_2:41; Act_8:12-13, Act_8:36, Act_8:38; Act_9:18; Act_10:47-48; Act_16:15, Act_16:33; Act_18:8; Act_22:16; Gal_3:27, that they considered this ordinance as binding on all who professed to love the Lord Jesus. And though it cannot be said that none who are not baptized can be saved, yet Jesus meant, undoubtedly, to be understood as affirming that this was to be the regular and uniform way of entering into his church; that it was the appropriate way of entering into the Kingdom of God (reign of God in our hearts); and that a man who neglected this, when the duty was made known to him, neglected a plain command of God. It is clear, also, that any other command of God might as well be neglected or violated as this, and that it is the duty of everyone not only to love the Saviour, but to make an acknowledgment of that love by being baptized in water and in Spirit (Holy Ghost Baptism), and by devoting himself thus to his service.

And of the Spirit – But, lest Nicodemus should suppose that this was all that was meant, he added that it was necessary that he should “be born of the Spirit” also. This was predicted of the Saviour, that he should “baptize with the Holy Ghost and with fire,” Mat_3:11. By this is clearly intended that the heart must be changed by the agency of the Holy Spirit; that the love of sin must be abandoned; that man must repent of sins and unrighteousness and turn to God; that he must renounce all his evil propensities, and give himself to a life of prayer and holiness, of meekness, purity, and benevolence. This great change is in the Scripture ascribed uniformly to the Holy Spirit, Tit_3:5; 1Th_1:6; Rom_5:5; 1Pe_1:22.

cannot see — can have no part in (just as one is said to “see life,” “see death,” etc.).
    the kingdom of God — God reigning in your heart/body.

The kingdom of God – God reigning in our hearts. Through the receiving the Gift
    or baptism of the Holy Ghost
    1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

But have you really experienced the new birth AS SPOKEN OF in John 3 ?
    Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water
    and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God .
    Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Have you been baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins? AND NOT FROM THE TITLES FATHER, SONS AND HOLY GHOST?

Have you received the gift of the Holy Ghost since you believed,
    Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
    Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

As spoken of by the prophet Joel?
    Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
    Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
    Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

BY THE JEWS
    As experienced by the early church?
    Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
    Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

BY THE SAMARITANS
    Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
    Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
    Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
    Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

THE DISCIPLES OF JOHN
    Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
    Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
    Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
    Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
    Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.
    Act 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God .

As promised to us all?
    Act
    2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

I HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME GIFT BROTHER! AND WITH MILLIONS OTHERS ARROUND THE WORLD, YES, WE HAVE RECIECEVED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST AND SPOKE IN OTHER TONGUES AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THE UTTERANCE.
    AND ITS TRUE, AS IN THE DAYS OF THE EARLY CHURCH, THE HOLY GHOST BAPTISM IS STILL TRUE. YOU CAN RECEIVE THIS FREE GIFT TOO, IF YOU WILL SINCERELY BELIEVE AND ASK GOD FOR IT. AND MANY WODERS AND SIGNS AS THE SCRIPTURE HAD SAID DID FOLLOW AFTER THAT DAY.

If you have not yet received the Holy Ghost, then, you better start believing and STOP arguing because God is still giving the Holy Ghost today, to them that believe on Him.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen,
    Sons in the Son in God.
    God in His Son in men.
    God in all.
    Unity in God.

1Cor 15
    ” 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.”

Jn 17
    ” 21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account