What Is Meant by Born Again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,19:04)
    Well if you believe that the angels cast to earth and bound here are another form of being without physical bodies. What is keeping you from believing in the other Spirits being of the same form?

Or in the the belief I expressed as to having one of those forms of bodies attached to our physical bodies?

Hi TJS,
    I am unsure what you mean. We are made in the image of God and that image surely relates to everything but our bodies of dust.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Yes and if Jesus was correct, and GOD is a spirit.
    Then being born again would suggest being born into that form, to my way of thinking anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    So God is a spirit being-Soul and spirit. We can share in that Spirit and become one with each other and with God in Christ.

Ps 11
    ” 4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men”

Ps 14
    ” 2The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. “

Ps 20
    “6Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.”

Ps 11
    “Psalm 11:5
    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth”

TJStarfire
    Participant

So God is a spirit being-Soul and spirit. We can share in that Spirit and become one with each other and with God in Christ.

In a way. I have come to believe that, (in the simple version)
    In our beginning God formed us out of the dust of the Earth He then breathed into us the breath of life attaching a part of Himself to our bodies (sort of an ameba like split) when we procreate our two pieces of GOD sparks a new spirit combining our DNA and growing it into a new dual bodied person. when we die we give up that Ghost and it returns to the place He has made for it. GOD knows every thing that happens because every thing is in a way a part of HIM separate yet connected in some manner.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,20:35)

In a way. I have come to believe that, (in the simple version)
    In our beginning God formed us out of the dust of the Earth He then breathed into us the breath of life attaching a part of Himself to our bodies (sort of an ameba like split) when we procreate our two pieces of GOD sparks a new spirit combining our DNA and growing it into a new dual bodied person. when we die we give up that Ghost and it returns to the place He has made for it. GOD knows every thing that happens because every thing is in a way a part of HIM separate yet connected in some manner.

Hi TJS<
    God gave us of His breath and takes it back from natural man at death. Breath is what is expelled and does not remain a part of the being whence it comes, unlike the Spirit. We are not part of God as natural men. Our natural human destiny outside of God is the Lake of fire except for the mercy of God and thus we need to be reborn into Christ.

Jn 3
    ” 33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

Our unity with God can only come if we are reborn of the Spirit of God.

TJStarfire
    Participant

OR unless we can transfer into our spirit body (be born again)

Tell me this then how is it that some will not see death?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,20:55)
    OR unless we can transfer into our spirit body (be born again)

Tell me this then how is it that some will not see death?

Hi TJS,
    We can do nothing. The changing is done by the Spirit of God abiding in the living and those sleeping in Christ. Those who are alive in Christ when Christ returns will NEVER see death.

Our natural human destiny outside of God is the Lake of fire except for the mercy of God and thus we need to be reborn into Christ.

Hey Nick!

Not sure what you mean here? Could you explain a little further?

???

TJStarfire
    Participant

John 8:51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

That was a long time ago Nick, so how is this a truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Salvation is rescue.
    Those in Christ have already passed from death to life [Jn 5]and do not face the final judgement but the tribunal of Christ[ matt 25 1-31]. There is no condemnation for them [Rom 8.1]
    Final Judgement after the millenial reign and the second resurrection, is according to the gospel of Christ and those ignoring or disobeying the command of God are destined for the fire except for the mercy of God, a mercy shown only to those who have helped the sons of God, the brothers of Christ [Matt 25. 31f].

Jn 3
    ” 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”

Rom 2
    ” 5But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11For there is no respect of persons with God.

12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; “

TJStarfire
    Participant

Those who are alive in Christ when Christ returns will NEVER see death.

Isn't that adding words that aren't there

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ Nov. 03 2006,21:58)

Those who are alive in Christ when Christ returns will NEVER see death.

Isn't that adding words that aren't there

Hi TJS,
    So here is Jn 5
    ” 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. ”

What follows is the THE FIRST RESURRECTION

“24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and THEY THAT HEAR shall live.”

THE SECOND RESURRECTION

” 26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which ALL that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. ”

Now looking at Jn 11
    John 11:26
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This could either mean they never suffer the second death or I think rather

WHO IS ALIVE AND BELIEVING

when Jesus returns?

TJStarfire
    Participant

Now looking at Jn 11
    John 11:26
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Yes I believe this and I know how it is a truth as I pointed out a couple of posts back the claim is
    “shall never die” and “shall not see death”
    so how can you explain that as a truth (without changing words) or saying they mean something else?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    “Transliteration:
    zao {dzah'-o}
    Word Origin:
    a primary verb
    TDNT:
    2:832,290
    Part of Speech:
    verb
    Usage in the KJV:
    live 117, be alive 9, alive 6, quick 4, lively 3, not tr 1, misc 2, vr live 1

Total: 143
    Definition:
    to live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)
    to enjoy real life
    to have true life and worthy of the name
    active, blessed, endless in the kingdom of God
    to live i.e. pass life, in the manner of the living and acting
    of mortals or character
    living water, having vital power in itself and exerting the same upon the soul
    metaph. to be in full vigour
    to be fresh, strong, efficient,
    as adj. active, powerful, efficacious “

So the phrase can be equallly translated as ” IS ALIVE and believes in me” so I am not changing words but suggesting another translation choice could have been made to bring out the meaning.

TJStarfire
    Participant

OK, but I would rather follow a theory that makes sense of what is there without re wording everything to fit my wishes

TJStarfire
    Participant

I don't like thinking the book is full of lies that have to depend on rewording to bring out truths

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    We need more than the written Word to know exactly what God is wanting to say.
    We need the indwelling Spirit of God who wrote it through men.
    We need to test all things as translators are natural men.

Map and torch to find and follow the path
    as the light is not still with us.

Prov 25
    ” 2It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.”

2Peter 1
    ” 19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: “

2Peter 3
    ” 15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    I am open to other views on this verse so what do you make of it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    Compare
    Matthew 16:28
    Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

I believe here Christ is using a different meaning of “alive” in the same way as he spoke of Abraham being alive, not physically but in soul and inheritance.

Matt 22
    ” 32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”

TJStarfire
    Participant

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.”

I believe there is a lot of that going around, I know a lot of people who claim to be Christians but they refuse to believe in a Ghost being good.

Matt 22″ 32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”

Meaning not the GOD of the flesh but rather the of Spirit (that part of us that cannot die)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account