What are morals to the atheist?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

Quote (Devolution @ June 09 2012,14:52)
    Hello Princess,

What does quid-pro-quo mean?

Quid pro quo (“this for that” in Latin[1]) most often means a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. English speakers often use the term to mean “a favor for a favor” and the phrases with almost identical meaning include: “give and take”, “tit for tat”, “this for that”, and “you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours”

Courtesy of Wiki

annie
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 09 2012,21:37)

Quote (annie @ June 09 2012,09:49)
    Let's stick to what is written Tim.  No where in these verses is anything said about children having their heads severed in front of their mother and sisters.  You are the one trying to make him sound worse by putting your spin on it.

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.  
    31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.  

Come on Annie. How do you think they killed people back then? Give them a sleeping pill.
    The soldiers killed everyone with a sword. God told them to use a sword.

Yeah, I put my spin on it because I imagine a mother standing there with her little son and daughter, holding their hands, when some brute kills her son in front of her and then turns and kills her.  But not to worry, he keeps the little girl for himself. There is nothing in this story that should be considered holy. And people that can turn a blind eye to the atrocity are sick dangerous people.

Tim

God makes the rules Tim.  He makes them very clear and frankly, he could care less whether you like them or not, as he is God, not you!  

“But who are you, a man, to answer back to God?  Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me thus?”  Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for beauty and another for menial use?”  Romans 9:20,21

Its pretty simple Tim, if you are not for God then you are against him.  Enemies of God are considered evil and treated as such. Eventually, all evil will be destroyed.  Do you really think God cares how?  If you are considered an enemy of God at the final judgement, you then, as evil, will be thrown in the lake of fire to be destroyed forever. No more chances.

Just think Tim, if you don't repent before you die the first death, then you will be resurrected at the second resurrection, just to be thrown into the lake of fire, to be killed again, for good this time.  Done!  Evil will be no more!  He has told us all things ahead of time.  He has promised evil will be destroyed completely, and his own will live eternally, with him in glory.  Again, Tim, your choice.  

“Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection!   Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years.”   Revelation 20:6

You won't get anywhere by denying or rebelling.  Like I said Tim, God makes the rules.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Any person, thing or god that is so self centered and narcissistic to proclaims to be evil and deserve death anyone who does not agree with them 100%, even little babies, is EVIL themselves.

If I were to worship a god, it would not be this kind of god.
    You are welcome to it.

Tim

annie
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 10 2012,01:55)
    Any person, thing or god that is so self centered and narcissistic to proclaims to be evil and deserve death anyone who does not agree with them 100%, even little babies, is EVIL themselves.

If I were to worship a god, it would not be this kind of god.
    You are welcome to it.

Tim

Yes, but Tim, you have never experienced the love of God.  I, on the other hand, who have experienced his love, would not have any other God, even if there was one, (which there isn't).

He is so awesome, there are actually no words that are good enough to describe him!  He's better than any complimentary word you can try to apply to him.  

Gee, how can we have such different opinions about the same God?  Maybe because one of us knows him and the other is just assuming he does?

You will never know his love as long as you keep on the same track that you are on.  Give it up Tim, how many times do I have to tell you, you will never understand God and his ways until you know him.  Until then, your comments are just based on ignorance.

The fact that you are on this forum and asking questions about God tells me you are not a total loss yet!  I will pray for you, that God opens your eyes and touches your heart.  You will never be the same if he does, and you will never want to go back to where you are now, of that I can assure you!

Shalom

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Annie.
    For over 50 years I said the same things that you are saying. But I eventually realized that God's word was flawed, so it couldn't possibly be from a god.
    It has been a continual learning experience since then. I realized that God never did answer any of my prayers, or talk
    to me like a friend. There is really no personal relationship, I had to imagine all of that stuff just like you are doing now.

So don't tell me that I didn't know God, or was never a true Christian. I knew God just like you do, and it is all in your head.

Tim

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Annie wrote:

Evil will be no more!  He has told us all things ahead of time.  He has promised evil will be destroyed completely, and his own will live eternally, with him in glory.

Does that mean there will be no more free will?  Will everyone be robots for all eternity, or will there be the possibility that someone could choose “evil”, (i.e. not being completely obedient), again?

How do you get rid of evil, (i.e disobedience), without getting rid of free will?

Annie wrote:

Yes, but Tim, you have never experienced the love of God.  I, on the other hand, who have experienced his love, would not have any other God, even if there was one, (which there isn't).

Are you sure that Tim has never experienced what you've experienced?  Are you aware of how many atheists started out as fundamentalist Christians who all experienced a deep sense of connection with God?

Does this sound like someone who had a shallow experience with God?  (If you watch the videos that follow, you will find that this person moves from this very dark hour in his life into a place of joy and satisfaction – all without God!  To watch the series from the beginning, go to his youtube playlist page.)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi WIT,

It is you that runs from conversation with me. (see Isaiah 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Ed J,

I always respond to people when they have worthwhile questions or points.  If you have one, bring it up.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ June 10 2012,06:18)
    Ed J,

I always respond to people when they have worthwhile questions or points.  If you have one, bring it up.

Hi WIT,

My points were refuting your incorrect assumptions of God and
    the bible; you stop responding to my questions and points.
    Your usage of the word 'worthwhile' here is arbitrary.

God bless

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Ed J,

Your usage of the word “refute” is incorrect. :)

Like I said, if you have a specific point to which you would like a response, go ahead and bring it up.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ June 10 2012,10:30)
    Ed J,

Like I said, if you have a specific point to which you would like a response, go ahead and bring it up.

OK WIT,

Nothing in the bible is incorrect.

God bless

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 12 2012,21:19)
    Ed J,

[WhatIsTrue] wrote:

If I showed you verifiable evidence that the bible got something wrong, would you question the bible or the evidence?

The point is what you would do with such information.

[Ed J] responded with:

Debunk it: because I can illustrate that it is your understanding that is in error, rather than the text.

This demonstrates quite clearly that there is nothing that anyone can present to you that would change your mind about the bible.  Therefore, it is truly a waste of time to do so.  You will always believe, regardless of what the evidence suggests.

Quoted from here.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ June 10 2012,11:36)
    [Ed J] responded with:

Debunk it: because I can illustrate that it is your understanding that is in error, rather than the text.

Hi WIT,

And that's exactly what I did!

God bless

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 09 2012,23:19)

Quote (Devolution @ June 09 2012,14:52)
    Hello Princess,

What does quid-pro-quo mean?

Quid pro quo (“this for that” in Latin[1]) most often means a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. English speakers often use the term to mean “a favor for a favor” and the phrases with almost identical meaning include: “give and take”, “tit for tat”, “this for that”, and “you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours”

Courtesy of Wiki

Ah i see,

Thank you for replying Princess.

Cheers.

princess
    Participant

Why does society place a higher contempt to those who hold a religious belief for their wrong doing then when one is not religious?

princess
    Participant

WIT,

The deconversion videos were interesting. Thanks for sharing.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 10 2012,10:51)

Ed J,

OK WIT,

God bless

Edj,

There are many contradictions in the bible added passages, faux pas, ect. ect.

To state that the bible is not incorrect is like slamming your own hand in the door and then saying God did it to teach me a lesson.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 11 2012,00:28)

Ed J,

OK WIT,

God bless
    Ed J

Edj,

To state that the bible is not incorrect is like slamming your own hand in the door and then saying God did it to teach me a lesson.

Hi Princess,

I've seen that be the case many times.  :D

God bless

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 10 2012,19:21)
    WIT,

The deconversion videos were interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome!

Even if you don't agree with his conclusions, I think that he tells a compelling story in a unique and interesting way.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 11 2012,01:26)

Quote (princess @ June 11 2012,00:28)

Ed J,

OK WIT,

God bless
    Ed J

Edj,

Hi Princess,

I've seen that be the case many times.  :D

God bless

Hello Edj,

The contradictions or the hand slamming?  :laugh:

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account