What are morals to the atheist?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (annie @ June 07 2012,17:50)
    Please don't take out of context.

“but the women and the little ones, the cattle, and everything else in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourselves; and you shall enjoy the spoil of your  enemies, which the LORD your God has given you.”  Deuteronomy 20:14

Lesson taught: Now you know how God regards his enemies!  As enemies of God, the men were considered not worthy of life at all and were killed and the women and children were considered spoil.  He saw them as enemies and nothing else.  You are missing the truth completely if you don't see its all about how he sees his enemies as opposed to those he considers his own.  

I see Annie,
    The little babies that God had slaughtered were his enemies so it was O.K. to have their little heads severed from their bodies in front of their sisters and mothers.

Somehow you can make him sound even worse.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (annie @ June 07 2012,18:42)

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 06 2012,09:08)

Quote (annie @ June 06 2012,07:07)
     And as Wakeup said, if everyone would obey GOD, there would be none of the things that go on today.

There also would be a lot fewer little old Walmart greeters because we would have to stone them all to death for working on Sunday.

It is God's law and Jesus said in Mat. 5:18, “because I tell you with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished.”

Do you not believe God or Jesus Annie?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Its pretty obvious that you don't know as much as you think you know.  

According to God's TORAH/law, Sunday, the first day of the week, is not God's Sabbath, and never has been.  God considers Sunday just a regular work day.  The 7th day of the week is God's Sabbath and has been since creation.  It is the only day GOD blessed and set apart from the other six days.  That hasn't changed.

“So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation.”  Genesis 2:3

The RCC is the one that officially changed it to Sunday, NOT GOD.  There is no teaching in scripture of the 7th day Sabbath being changed by Yeshua/Jesus to the first day, Sunday.  So GOD could care less if you work on Sunday.

When he came, the Messiah, by his sacrifice on the cross for our sins, took away the curse of death for not following the law. Therefore, what is required by GOD now, instead of stoning, is turning to Yeshua/Jesus in true repentance and following him.  If we do that we are forgiven and given eternal life.

“I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for his sake.”  IJohn 2:12

Shalom

Annie,

Its pretty obvious that you don't know as much as you think you know.

According to God's TORAH/law, Sunday, the first day of the week, is not God's Sabbath, and never has been. God considers Sunday just a regular work day. The 7th day of the week is God's Sabbath and has been since creation. It is the only day GOD blessed and set apart from the other six days. That hasn't changed.

“So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation.” Genesis 2:3

I am sorry I got that wrong in your mind. So we should stone them for working on the seventh day then. Got it.

When he came, the Messiah, by his sacrifice on the cross for our sins, took away the curse of death for not following the law. Therefore, what is required by GOD now, instead of stoning, is turning to Yeshua/Jesus in true repentance and following him. If we do that we are forgiven and given eternal life.

Then why did Jesus himself say that until heaven and earth disappear, not one little dot of the law would pass? You are supposed to still stone people to death that work on the Sabbath. After all they obviously are not one of the saved ones.

Tim

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 07 2012,17:45)
    But, on the other hand:

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Psalm 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

(Should we conclude that god thinks his creation of evil is good?)

1 John 4:8 God is love.

…and, substituting one term for the other, the creation of evil was an act of love.

What a moronic belief system.

Stuart

Stu.

Maybe we are still evolving while you have come to a dead end.
    Thats as far as you can go; you will be left behind.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 07 2012,23:03)

Quote (Stu @ June 07 2012,17:45)
    But, on the other hand:

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Psalm 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

(Should we conclude that god thinks his creation of evil is good?)

1 John 4:8 God is love.

…and, substituting one term for the other, the creation of evil was an act of love.

What a moronic belief system.

Stuart

Stu.

Maybe we are still evolving while you have come to a dead end.
    Thats as far as you can go; you will be left behind.

wakeup.

Why did you reply? Did you have a point to make about what I posted?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 06 2012,23:08)

Quote (Ed J @ June 06 2012,20:43)

Quote (Stu @ June 06 2012,16:11)

Quote (Wakeup @ June 06 2012,02:12)
    Since God says that divorce is not his way,therefore divorce is wrong in Gods eyes.

Scripture, please.

But we could not care less about God,we have been doing it our way,and therefore came all the slaves,killings,divorce and contraception.

“God's way” is plagues of locusts, the setting on of bears and snakes, burning alive, famines, beating children to death and mass drownings.

Stuart

Stuart,

You conveniently omit their associated crimes.
    Your 'spin' is certainly hilarious to say the least.
    Man's ways are: the electric chair, gas chamber…

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Here's a little quiz for you then.  Here are the names, and the punishment, you tell me what their crimes were (clues underneath):

1.  Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, burned to death by the LORD.

2.  The people of Israel, snakebites, fatal for some, inflicted by snakes sent by the LORD.

3.  (An easy one) 42 children, killed by bears that arrived after the children were cursed in the name of the LORD.

4.  David and Uriah's wife's child, struck dead by the LORD (it took up to seven days for the child to die).

Clues:
    1.  Lev 10:1-2
    2.  Num 21:4-6
    3.  No clue, too easy already
    4.. 2 Sam 12:11

Tell me what their crimes were Ed, they must have been pretty disgusting acts to warrant summary execution.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

You keep forgetting about God's resurrection.
    In each of those cases the crime is rebellion,
    something you yourself are guilty of as well.

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
    eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,04:21)

Since God says that divorce is not his way,therefore divorce is wrong in Gods eyes.

Scripture, please.

But we could not care less about God,we have been doing it our way,and therefore came all the slaves,killings,divorce and contraception.

“God's way” is plagues of locusts, the setting on of bears and snakes, burning alive, famines, beating children to death and mass drownings.

Stuart

Stuart,

God bless

Here's a little quiz for you then.  Here are the names, and the punishment, you tell me what their crimes were (clues underneath):

2.  The people of Israel, snakebites, fatal for some, inflicted by snakes sent by the LORD.

3.  (An easy one) 42 children, killed by bears that arrived after the children were cursed in the name of the LORD.

4.  David and Uriah's wife's child, struck dead by the LORD (it took up to seven days for the child to die).

Clues:

Tell me what their crimes were Ed, they must have been pretty disgusting acts to warrant summary execution.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Disappointing Ed. You haven't attempted the quiz. I gave you an opportunity to tell me about the really nasty crimes these people supposedly committed, that in your view made them ripe for smiting, but now you've changed your mind and you want to talk about yet another distraction.

What exactly are you saying I am guilty of?

Ending a sentence with a preposition?

Off with my head for that!

Stuart

princess
    Participant

Tim,

I do believe Anne is referring that if you break the law you can go to Jesus and all your sins will be forgiven now, it is the belief of a Messianic Jew. The old is still held however, anything to do with blood sacrifice for atonement no longer applies.
    I cannot disagree in taking a day off through the week, I studied the Sabbath intently, and the concept of Sabbath is not to do any work, have anyone else do any work, no spending of monies, the best conversations with my son have come from this, it is due to having no distractions through the day to disrupt.
    Plus, it is a great tool for time management.
    Now, religious speaking I would still get stoned (ha), due to I do not give the day to the God that declared it to be his.
    Even so, the benefit of such practice does well for the body and mind.

princess
    Participant

You cannot declare to have your own head taken…….martyrdom does not suit you :laugh:

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 08 2012,23:53)
    Tim,

I do believe Anne is referring that if you break the law you can go to Jesus and all your sins will be forgiven now, it is the belief of a Messianic Jew. The old is still held however, anything to do with blood sacrifice for atonement no longer applies.
    I cannot disagree in taking a day off through the week, I studied the Sabbath intently, and the concept of Sabbath is not to do any work, have anyone else do any work, no spending of monies, the best conversations with my son have come from this, it is due to having no distractions through the day to disrupt.
    Now, religious speaking I would still get stoned (ha), due to I do not give the day to the God that declared it to be his.

Hi Princess,
    Don'tget me wrong. I am all for getting a day off a week.
    I just do not think I should be stoned to death if for some reason I had to work that day.
    After all, in the bible a man was stoned to death for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.

So even now, if you don't go to Jesus your sins are not forgiven, then you are not saved from the stoning.

Tim

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 08 2012,17:15)

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,04:21)

Scripture, please.

Stuart

Stuart,

God bless

Clues:

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God bless

Disappointing Ed.  You haven't attempted the quiz.  I gave you an opportunity to tell me about the really nasty crimes these people supposedly committed, that in your view made them ripe for smiting, but now you've changed your mind and you want to talk about yet another distraction.

What exactly are you saying I am guilty of?

Ending a sentence with a preposition?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If you truly want me to discuss God with me,
    that post goes on the back burner.

We will instead be discussing these 9 points of yours first… (Link)

Quote (Stu @ June 08 2012,18:23)

Quote (Ed J @ June 08 2012,04:15)
    Hi Stuart, Looks like Science has proven once again    
               what YHVH has said 4,000+ years ago.

How God said to circumcise the male babies on the eighth day.
    Science has proven that on the eighth day clotting is highest.
    You can continue to turn you back to God that created you
    if you like, but surely you are a fool if that is your choice!

Here are more things that Science has proven…

1. The Earth was round, not flat. (Isa 40:22)
    2. The universe had a beginning. (Gen. 1:1)
    3. The universe is expanding. (Isaiah 40:22)
    4. Eating pigs are unhealthy. (Deut. 14:8)

God bless

I guess science is still trying to get up to speed with the following:

5.  There is a beaten-out solid firmament (raqia) with stars hanging from it (Genesis 1:6-8)
    6.  When goats look at streaked wooden rods while mating, their offspring end up streaked (Genesis  30:37-39
    7.  Hares chew their cud (Leviticus 11:6)
    8.  There are flying creeping animals with four feet (Leviticus 11:23, Deuteronomy 14:7)
    10.  Bats are actually birds (Deuteronomy 14:18)
    11.  There is a population of venomous snakes on Malta (Acts 28:4)
    12.  Dead seeds can germinate (1 Corinthians 15:36)
    13.  You can stop the rain for over three years by praying (James 5:17)
    14.  Stars can fall to earth (Revelation 8:10)

Stuart

Oops, I mean 10.

princess
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 09 2012,02:20)

Tim,

Hi Princess,
    I just do not think I should be stoned to death if for some reason I had to work that day.
    After all, in the bible a man was stoned to death for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.

So even now, if you don't go to Jesus your sins are not forgiven, then you are not saved from the stoning.

Tim

Pretty much Tim.

The Jewish faith is more of an organize faith. This is this and that is that. Christianity on the other hand is more quid-pro-quo.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Princess,
    It is exactly quid-pro-quo.
    You get salvation for the gift of death of Jesus.

But I didn't ask Jesus to die for me. I would not accept the death of anyone in my place. I think that is immoral.

So why should I be tormented for eternity in a lake of fire just because I do not accept that gift that I didn't want.

Pssst, want to know something? I won't because it is not true.

Tim

annie
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 07 2012,22:08)

Quote (annie @ June 07 2012,17:50)
    Please don't take out of context.

“but the women and the little ones, the cattle, and everything else in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourselves; and you shall enjoy the spoil of your  enemies, which the LORD your God has given you.”  Deuteronomy 20:14

Lesson taught: Now you know how God regards his enemies!  As enemies of God, the men were considered not worthy of life at all and were killed and the women and children were considered spoil.  He saw them as enemies and nothing else.  You are missing the truth completely if you don't see its all about how he sees his enemies as opposed to those he considers his own.  

I see Annie,
    The little babies that God had slaughtered were his enemies so it was O.K. to have their little heads severed from their bodies in front of their sisters and mothers.

Somehow you can make him sound even worse.

Tim

Let's stick to what is written Tim.  No where in these verses is anything said about children having their heads severed in front of their mother and sisters.  You are the one trying to make him sound worse by putting your spin on it.

I tell you the truth but you aren't hearing.

He loves and protects his own.  His own are those who turn to the Son, through faith, with a true repentant heart, for the forgiveness of their sins. You can not understand God or the things of God unless you have the Spirit.  The Spirit is what guides you into all truth.  You can not receive the Spirit unless you know the Son in true repentance.  Without the Son you can not know God, for the Son is the one who reveals him to you through the Holy Spirit!

Corinthians 2:14  “The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

If you don't know Jesus, then you don't know God, you can not love God, therefore, you are not his own.  Those who are not his own are considered to be his enemies as they are rebellious, deny him and follow their carnal desires and not him.  He doesn't protect them or do for them.  He's very blatant about it, he holds nothing back.  One very clear message throughout his Word is that he will not, nor can he, accept idolatry in any way shape or form.  In his eyes, if you deny him, then you are following his adversary, thus making you an idolator, hence, making you GOD's adversary as well.

What you are ignoring is the fact that everyone, now, because of Jesus, has the choice to know him and to be his own.  God wants you to choose to love him, be his own and be loved by him.  If that wasn't true he would not have sent Jesus!  No one has to be his enemy!  But, if you choose to be his enemy, then suffer the consequences!   

Another thing you are neglecting.  Just because you don't believe in him doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  Mocking him and his own, just puts you on dangerous ground whether you choose to believe it or not.  There is a judgement day for all whether you believe it or not.  You need to fear him, as his own are told:

“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
    Romans 12:19,21

And again in Hebrews 30,31:  

30″For we know him who said,”Vengeance is mine, I will repay.”  And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”  31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

As I said, you need to fear him. But again, your choice, not his. You have no right to criticize what you don't know.  

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 1:7

“And do not fear those who kill the body but can not kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”  Matthew 10:28

Its pretty simple Tim, he loves his own and hates his enemies. You don't get the whole concept, and frankly, you won't, as these things are spiritually discerned.  You can not understand with human wisdom.  As I said before you will not ever get it without the Spirit.  Only those who possess the Spirit are able to understand the interpretation.

“And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.”  1 Corinthians 2:13

Shalom

annie
    Participant

Tim,

Hi Princess,

Tim

Would you get off the stoning thing already?  Geez!

If you are in a country that still believes in stoning, and you do something wrong in their eyes while there, you may die a death by stoning.  But otherwise, I think its pretty safe to say that the chances of you dying of anything other than a natural death are slim!

The Bible talks about two deaths.  The first one is now in this world, and the second death is after the millennium, the second resurrection, and judgement day.  The second death is only for those who don't repent and believe in Jesus as Messiah.  That's the death you should be worried about!

Shalom

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 09 2012,11:59)
    So why should I be tormented for eternity in a lake of fire just because I do not accept that gift that I didn't want.

That is your assumption. That doctrine was used to keep men in fear so that they could be controlled by the Catholic Church. But it is not what the bible says.

The Lake of Fire will actually destroy sinners. Sinners will perish.

Eternal life is only given to the righteous and that is truly fair.

God does not give sinners eternal life albeit a suffering eternal life.

Sinners will Perish

1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

*John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Sinners will be destroyed

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
    8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
    9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

2 Peter 3:7
    By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:11-13
    11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives
    12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
    13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

But wait there is more:

http://www.heaven.net.nz/answers/answer26.htm

Wakeup
    Participant

T8.

Al the cancer cells must be uprooted and burned.

wakeup.

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 09 2012,08:59)
    Hi Princess,

But I didn't ask Jesus to die for me. I would not accept the death of anyone in my place. I think that is immoral.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Don't worry, Jesus did not die for you.
    Jesus only died for those who are His.
    If you continue to reject Him and die in this unbelieving condition, then the second resurrection judgment will be your lot.

Post millennial final judgment for all mankind that ever lived.

Revelation 20:12
       And i saw the dead small and great, stand before God, and books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13
       And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and hell delivered up the dead that were in them, and they were judged every man according to their works.

This judgment is without the mercy of the first resurrection.
    You will be judged by your works with your own conscience bearing witness, for, or, against you.

Romans 2:14
       For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves.

Romans 2:15
       Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Of course there is still an element of mercy in this judgment, for after all, non believers are being given a chance, but it is a very strict judgment, i suppose you could liken it to a bureaucratic judgment, you did this you did that, reasons for your actions not applicable…just black and white cold hard outcomes.

As for eternal suffering, not going to happen.
    Once you are rejected you will be thrown into the lake of fire and instantly destroyed, all trace of your existence gone as though you had never been.

Revelation 20:15
       And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And all trace of evil, death etc,  will also be destroyed:

Revelation 20:14
       And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

There will be no trace of evil ever again for all eternity.  

And Tim, it is very true.

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 09 2012,06:30)

Tim,

Hi Princess,

Tim

Pretty much Tim.

The Jewish faith is more of an organize faith. This is this and that is that. Christianity on the other hand is more quid-pro-quo.

Hello Princess,

What does quid-pro-quo mean?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (annie @ June 09 2012,09:49)
    Let's stick to what is written Tim.  No where in these verses is anything said about children having their heads severed in front of their mother and sisters.  You are the one trying to make him sound worse by putting your spin on it.

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.  
    31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.  

Come on Annie. How do you think they killed people back then? Give them a sleeping pill.
    The soldiers killed everyone with a sword. God told them to use a sword.

Yeah, I put my spin on it because I imagine a mother standing there with her little son and daughter, holding their hands, when some brute kills her son in front of her and then turns and kills her.  But not to worry, he keeps the little girl for himself. There is nothing in this story that should be considered holy. And people that can turn a blind eye to the atrocity are sick dangerous people.

Tim

princess
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 09 2012,08:59)
    Hi Princess,

Tim

Tim,

Nor do you have to. My question is why do so many choose the belief in Gods/Goddess.

It seems that humanity must have some form of spirituality, I think it is in our DNA. That there are some things that just cannot be explained, and instead of (don't be upset Stuart) waiting for science to figure it out or some religious zealot telling you what to think about it, one accepts it and chooses to place the incident where they would like with in their own heart.

I took a survival course one time, and of course you have to study the book and be quizzed. I did very well, however the end course was to be thrown out in the wideness for a weekend and apply what you had retained. Whole different ball game……

Either being created, evolved or what ever, we are here right now, in this time. What one does with today creates our yesterdays and builds our tomorrows.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account