We are in the new earth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 535 total)
KangarooJack
Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2009,15:45)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 16 2009,11:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,11:08)
Hi TT,
The watching angels of Gen6.
They left their estate and took women for wives.

Where does it say that angels took women for wives? It says that the sons of God (the line of Seth) took the daughters of men (Cain).

The sons of God (Seth's line) were intermarrying with pagan women (Cain's daughters).

Spirits cannot have sex with humans. Your idea is nasty and grotesque and not even possible.

thinker

Presuming you are right, then who were these Nephilim (a word meaning: “the Fellers” or “those who cause others to fall down.”)

The Neph′i·lim proved to be in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of the [true] God continued to have relations with the daughters of men and they bore sons to them, they were the mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame.–gen 6:4

Is this not saying that “the sons of the true God” (whoever they are) had relations with “the daughters of men” and then bore sons, and that these sons were the “might ones” the “nephilim.”?

And, secondly, if it was simply humans have intercourse with humans, why make any mention of them having relations with “the daughters of men” as though that were something special?

Would it not just say “the duaghters of Cain?”

David,
You usually have a pretty good head on your shoulders. Where does it say in the text that the sons of God were evil angesl? This idea is erroneously inferred from the kind of offspring which came from the marital union between the sons of God and the daughters of men (Cain).

The word “naphal” means “bandits or “robbers.” It is saying that evil men came from the union.

The sons of God were the Sethites. The Messiah was to come through the line of Seth. But they coveted the daughters of Cain and intermarried with them thus corrupting the line. So God destroyed them all and started all over again.

There is no hint at all that the sons of God were fallen angels. How do spirits have sex with women of flesh? It is grotesque and not even possible. It is sheer superstition.

The text CLEARLY says that God's Spirit will not always strive with man for he too is flesh. Therefore, these perpetrators were flesh and not spirit. They were men.

Again, it is erroneously inferred from the offspring (naphal) that the sons of God were evil angels because they were “gaints.” This is unfortunate translation for “naphal” means “robbers.”

And there is no evidence of giant men in the fossil record.

Nick is spouting off saying that I am just engaging in logic and inference. But so do those who infer that the sons of God were fallen angels. They infer it from their erroneous view of the naphal offspring. Yet the text does not say anything about fallen angels does it?

God is just. He would not destroy all mankind for something evil angels did. He destroyed all mankind because the Sethites corrupted the line from which Messiah was to come by intermarrying with pagan women. So He destroyed them all and started the line all over again.

Noah was a Sethite and God called him a “just man.” So Noah and his sons did not participate in the acts of other Sethites.

thinker

NickHassan
Participant

Hi TT,
The fossil record proves nothing.
Science is at best a rough measure but evolution theory is bad science with no proofs.

You cannot prescribe the justice of God according to your own morals.
He is not made in your image.

KangarooJack
Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Dec. 16 2009,20:15)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 15 2009,16:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,11:08)
Hi TT,
The watching angels of Gen6.
They left their estate and took women for wives.

Where does it say that angels took women for wives? It says that the sons of God (the line of Seth) took the daughters of men (Cain).

The sons of God (Seth's line) were intermarrying with pagan women (Cain's daughters).

Spirits cannot have sex with humans. Your idea is nasty and grotesque and not even possible.

thinker

I agree.

???

I never bought the angelic hypothesis either.

Hey Con,
It's nice to be in agreement once in a while.  :;):

thinker

KangarooJack
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2009,05:15)
Hi TT,
The fossil record proves nothing.
Science is at best a rough measure but evolution theory is bad science with no proofs.

You cannot prescribe the justice of God according to your own morals.
He is not made in your image.

The Genesis 6 narrative explicitly says “My Spirit shall not always strive with MAN for He too is FLESH.”

Where in scripture do you find evil spirits called “man” or “flesh?”

thinker

NickHassan
Participant

Hi TT,
Demons are never called men or flesh.
Angels can appear as men and frequently do on earth.

KangarooJack
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2009,05:35)
Hi TT,
Demons are never called men or flesh.
Angels can appear as men and frequently do on earth.

Not if they are in chains in the deep darkness (Jude & Peter).

So I should read it this way: “My Spirit shall not always strive with angels who appear a men.”

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account