Virgin Mary

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Again you are all confused coz u dont accept the truth its not litteral mary didntr litteraly give birth to Jesus niether did Isis give virgin birth to Horus in reality they are talking about the sun and its birth on the winter solstice 25th dec

IM4Truth
    Participant

Apep What you are saying is interesting and wrong. We have eye witnesses like Joseph and the Apostles. If that what you belief then you deny all of the N.T. Is that what you are doing?

Peace abd Love Mrs.

jhenTux
    Participant

when i talk with catholic friends about the assumption of mary, they usually point me to this link:

How to Argue for Mary's Assumption

they are using biblical verses to support the assumption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jh,
    That is because they rely on assumptions of their own derived not even just from scripture but from their church teachings.
    Many use scripture to justify their doctrines but do not teach from scripture
    They are so far from the path of truth.

jhenTux
    Participant

hi nick

so how are we going to tell them if mary is in heaven or not? the scripture is silent on this topic that's why they can claim that she is indeed in heaven and the queen of heaven.

i'm just wondering why a very high position such as a “queen” was not even mentioned in the bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jh,
    Their choice is to believe their dogma over what is revealed and that is a common problem.
    There is an idol called the Queen of Heaven in the bible
    Jeremiah 7:18
    The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Jeremiah 44:17
    But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

Jeremiah 44:18
    But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

Jeremiah 44:19
    And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

Jeremiah 44:25
    Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

jhenTux
    Participant

Graham Philips, author of The Marian Conspiracy:

Do the Vatican’s secret archives contain evidence of a medieval cover-up concerning the final days of the mother of Jesus Christ? This is the quest to solve one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in Church history: the true location of the tomb of the Virgin Mary.

What became of the Virgin Mary after the Crucifixion is one of the greatest mysteries of the Bible. The New Testament tells us almost nothing: not where she lived, nor where or how she died. The Marian Conspiracy is Graham Phillips’ personal quest to solve this fascinating enigma.

Marian devotion – the veneration of the Virgin Mary – became a central theme of Church theology from early Christian times. Although it appears nowhere in the Bible, the tradition of the Assumption – Mary’s bodily ascension into heaven – was accepted by many Christians as historical fact. However, some Christians continued to believe that Mary had died naturally and had been buried in a tomb in Jerusalem’s valley of Jehosaphat, while others said that her final resting place was in the Roman ruins of Ephesus in Turkey. For centuries the issue of Mary’s tomb continued to divide theologians.

Following the turmoil of World War II, the Vatican instigated a project to investigate the authenticity of the two rival tombs. Although no historical evidence was found to verify the case for either of these two sites, the Vatican archaeologist Giovanni Benedetti claimed to have found persuasive evidence for a third and completely forgotten tomb. In 1950 he was about to publish his findings when Pope Pius XII declared, for the first time, that belief in the Assumption was dogma – official Church teaching. As all Roman Catholics were now required to accept Mary’s bodily ascension into heaven, it followed that there could be no tomb of the Virgin Mary anywhere in the world. Benedetti was summoned to the Vatican and told to keep quiet about what he had discovered. He reluctantly agreed and remained silent on the issue for the rest of his life. Not only was the archaeologist a devout Catholic and feared the threat of excommunication; the instructions had come directly from what is now The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith – the powerful Vatican department that was once known as the Inquisition.

In a quest to rediscover the mysterious tomb found by Giovanni Benedetti, Graham Phillips followed a trail of historical clues that took him from the Vatican to Jerusalem and from Turkey to the British Isles. During this search Graham uncovered intriguing evidence of what really happened to the Virgin Mary after the crucifixion of her son. A story that had been suppressed by the established Church for centuries.

According to a fourth-century manuscript still in the Vatican, during the persecutions of the first Christians, Mary had been smuggled out of Palestine to the safety of a Christian community founded outside the influence of the Roman Empire in the far-off island of Britain. In AD 597, St Augustine, the first Archbishop of Canterbury, discovered evidence of Mary’s tomb on an island off the west coast of Britain and promptly informed Rome. As a proponent of the Assumption, the reigning pope, Gregory the Great, immediately instigated a conspiracy of silence that was to last for 1400 years.

another cover-up made by the Vatican.

jhenTux
    Participant

and yet they have this: Tomb of the Virgin Mary, Jerusalem

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/israel….ary.htm

jhenTux
    Participant

Revelation 12:1
    A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.

They say from the above verse that it is mary being mentioned there.

i wonder if it is really mary, from what i know the woman symbolizes:
    1. church
    2. israel
    3. mary

among the 3 choices, who fits the revelation 12:1?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jh,
    Compare Gen 37
    8Then his brothers said to him, ' Are you actually going to reign over us? Or are you really going to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

9Now he had still another dream, and related it to his brothers, and said, “Lo, I have had still another dream; and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”

10He related it to his father and to his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have had? Shall I and your mother and your brothers actually come to bow ourselves down before you to the ground?”

Israel.

Gal4
    26But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    It even can be applied to 'Church of first born' as mentioned in Heb 12:22-24

22 “No, you have approached Mount Zion and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and countless angels in festal gathering,
    23 and the assembly(church) of the firstborn enrolled in heaven, 6 and God the judge of all, and the spirits of the just made perfect,
    24 and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood that speaks more eloquently 7 than that of Abel”
    IMO… Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

For AC,
    Do you think God had a human mother?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:42)
    For AC,
    Do you think God had a human mother?

Do you believe that God was born?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    God has no beginning and alone owns immortality.
    But your god is a man born of woman.[Jb25]

Is it right to worship men?[Rom1]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:50)
    Hi CA,
    God has no beginning and alone owns immortality.
    But your god is a man born of woman.[Jb25]

Is it right to worship men?[Rom1]

Do you believe in the deity of Jesus Christ?

david
    Participant

While engaged in the preaching work (Matthew 28:19,20, etc) I used to speak with a Catholic, whose name was Mary and who adored Mary (Jesus' mother.)
    From her, I learned that some Catholics do study the Bible and are interested in it. The one topic that she told me I was not allowed to discuss with her was Mary having other children.

She told me if I brought that up again, the conversation would end. (Catholics do adore their Mary.)
    But it startled me how touchy and sensitive she was on that subject.

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,18:09)
    While engaged in the preaching work (Matthew 28:19,20, etc) I used to speak with a Catholic, whose name was Mary and who adored Mary (Jesus' mother.)  
    From her, I learned that some Catholics do study the Bible and are interested in it.  The one topic that she told me I was not allowed to discuss with her was Mary having other children.

She told me if I brought that up again, the conversation would end.  (Catholics do adore their Mary.)

Yeah, right! Ask anything you want about Mary. It's all open, buddy.

Don't you think you might just have a little weakness in the area of superstition to base your view of Catholics on one person?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You speak of the Son of God?

God was in him.[2Cor5.19]
    he is the appointed Lord of His people [1Cor8] and his God is our God.[Jn20]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Mary would say what she said to the steward in Jn2
    ” Whatever HE says to you DO IT'

But idolatrous men prefer to worship their own kind.

david
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 26 2009,07:17)

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,18:09)
    From her, I learned that some Catholics do study the Bible and are interested in it.  The one topic that she told me I was not allowed to discuss with her was Mary having other children.

She told me if I brought that up again, the conversation would end.  (Catholics do adore their Mary.)

Yeah, right!  Ask anything you want about Mary.  It's all open, buddy.

Don't you think you might just have a little weakness in the area of superstition to base your view of Catholics on one person?

CA, understand that I've talked with hundreds of Catholics.

She was as much of an exception as you are.
    (I wasn't implying that she was scared to talk about it, only that she considered that topic off limits and was extremely sensitive to it.)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account