Virgin Mary

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    jhenTux
    Participant

does the scripture commanded us to pray to Virgin Mary?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Only the Father deserves all praise. You know we used to do that, because we were in the Catholic Church, and we prayed the Rosary. I am so happy that God called us out of that system. I hope that you are not Catholic, because I do not want to offend anybody, but I do feel strongly about that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Oct. 23 2007,13:59)
    does the scripture commanded us to pray to Virgin Mary?

No, we are not commanded to pray to the virgin Mary.  She is asleep in Christ.

In fact we are not commanded to pray, but this is a privledge that we have as Children of the Most High God.  Jesus said the following when he was asked by the disciples that he teach them to pray:

Luke 11:1-13
    1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. 2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 3 Give us day by day F26 our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil

God Bless

david
    Participant

Jesus Christ said:

“You should pray like this: ‘Our Father in heaven . . . ’” He also said: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me. . . . If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it.”—Matt. 6:9; John 14:6, 14, JB

Samuel
    Participant

I pray in Jesus Name. I ask in Jesus Name. Sometimes I even cry out to JESUS. And he comes to me.

Sometimes my faith gets beat down…and JESUS has to come give me a “Pep” talk.

Pray to the Father in the name of JESUS…you can't go wrong there.

jhenTux
    Participant

they claim that Mary is the “Queen of Heaven”. but when I asked them where in bible states that Mary is already in heaven to have that title, they would simply tell me this “where in the bible states that Mary is not in heaven?”

Is she really a “Queen” because the Son is “King”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jh,
    They make it up as they go along and only use scripture when it suits them.
    They regard their teachings as equal to scripture.
    They do not follow him so do not follow them.

There is a queen of heaven in Jer 44 but it is an idol.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Dec. 12 2007,10:50)
    they claim that Mary is the “Queen of Heaven”. but when I asked them where in bible states that Mary is already in heaven to have that title, they would simply tell me this “where in the bible states that Mary is not in heaven?”

Is she really a “Queen” because the Son is “King”?

From Birth until 1985 my Husband and I belonged to the Catholic Church. We never read the Bible. We had the Catichism. Mary was as worshiped as much as Jesus was. We prayed the Rosary and every Our Father had on the end the Holy Maria prayer attached. I taught the trinity Doctrine to 4 of our Children and when we left the Church and along with it all Pagan holidays our Children thought we were crazy. We lost all of our Friends.
    We joined the W.W.C. of God and for the first time started to read the Bible.
    Maria did not stay a Virgin and many other truths came to light. She is not in Heaven and is sleeping in the grave like everybody else is. She is not a Queen either. She had a job to do and that she did. You need to go to google and study Ancient History, it will tell you about when the Catholic Church origanated. Let me look at our files and see if I have an article on it and I will add it to another post then.

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

The beginning of
    THE  R OMAN UNIVERSAL  CHURCH
    and who ruled it

313 A.D.
    After almost three Centuries of brutal and bloody persecution, the Roman Emperor Constantine issues an edict, granting all Christians full freedom to practice their religion.
    321 A.D.
    Constantine issues an edict, forbidding work on Sunday, and making it the day of worship.
    324 A.D.
    Constantine establishes Christianity as the official religion of his Empire. It will become known as the “ Roman Universal Church “.
    325 A.D.
    Constantine calls the first Ecumenical Council at Nicea. 318 Bishops attend to settle doctrinal disputes; one of which was; the relationship of Jesus to the Father. The teaching of Arius, a Priest, that Jesus was created was rejected and condemned. Another ruling of the Council was, that the commemorating of Christs death be no longer kept; enforced by death to those who would still do; instead; the resurrection be  celebrated on Sunday.
    451 A.D.
    The fourth Ecumenical Council was held in Chalcedon, a city in Asia Minor. When Bishop Leo 1st of Rome ended his pronouncements, Bishop Augustine of Hippo North Africa, offered his approval by saying, “ Rome has spoken, the cause is ended “. While the rest of the Bishops responded; “ Peter has spoken by Leo, let him be anathema – that is accursed – who believes otherwise”.
    452 A.D.
    Attila the Hun threatens to invade Rome. The Bishop of Rome, Leo 1st, meets with Attila and the invasion is avoided. This increases the prestige and power of the  Bishop  greatly.
    455 A.D.
    Bishop Leo 1st saves Rome again, by persuading the Vandal King Geiseric, of north Africa to take the peoples wealth, but not their lives.
    476 A.D.
    King of the Heruli, Odoacer, deposes the Emperor of the west, Romulus Augustus.
    This is the deadly wound, Rev.13:3.
    533 A.D.
    Justinian, Eastern Roman Emperor, declares that the Bishop of Rome be the head of all bishops, and be the only one to be called “Pope”; a little later in time, “holy” was added.  
    553 A.D.
    Justinian calls a general Church Council in Constantinople; to settle disputes between Catholics; who believe in the two natures of Christ – divine and human -; and the Monophysites, who believe in the one nature of Christ – divine -.
    554 A.D.
    Justinian conquers and regains Rome; the western Empire is restored.
    The deadly wound is healed, Rev.13:3.
    565 A.D.
    Justinian dies; his death leaves the western Empire and Rome, without real protection. The eastern Emperors consider themselves still rulers of the west, but more and more, matters are left up to the Bishop – Pope – of Rome, who eagerly assumed charge; including military matters. He was also able to take on the title “ Pontifex Maximus“ now and did, Pontiff for short. To become the Pope of Rome, to become Pontifex Maximus – Chief religious Ruler -, was the desire and ambition of many Bishops and none clergies as well. It was bought; it was sold, and occasionally obtained by murder. Also; the use of icons and images, and the veneration of the Virgin Mary and Saints, had become increasingly more popular. The true Christians however, inheriting from Judaism repugnance toward idolatry, disapproved of these practices. In the eastern Empire, many battles were fought over icons:
    726 A.D.
    Emperor Leo 3rd has icons removed from churches and destroyed.
    780 A.D.
    Empress Irene permit’s the use of icons in church service again.
    800 A.D.
    Pope Leo 3rd crowns Charlemagne Holy Roman Emperor of the west. The Pope makes two statements here; One, he declares his independence from the eastern Empire; Two, to show the world that the Pope rules over Kings; not always with success however.
    813 A.D.
    Emperor Leo 5th of the east removes all icons again.
    843 A.D.
    Empress Theodora elects the once persecuted iconoclast, Monk Methodius, to the patriarchal throne, from which he declared the final restoration of icons.
    896 A.D.
    Newly elected Pope Stephen 6th has the body of former Pope, Formosus, exhumed. The corpse is dressed in papal regalia and put on trial, charged with treason; assaulted with questions and accusations; and after the trial dragged through the streets of Rome. The next year, Pope Stephen 6th is himself overthrown, imprisoned and strangled.
    904 A.D.
    Sergius 3rd becomes Pope after ordering the murder of his predecessor. He lives openly with a prostitute, Mrozia. He fathers a number of sons by her. One of the sons will be the future Pope John 11th. His reign begins the period known as, “ the rule of the harlots. “
    955 A.D.
    Pope John 12th turns the Lateran (Popes) palace, into a literal brothel.
    962 A.D.
    Pope John 12th crowns Otto the Great, of Germany, “Holy Roman Emperor”. The Pope however refuses to give an oath of obedience to the King; so Otto deposes of Pope John 12th, and makes his own candidate Pope, Leo 8th.
    1059 A.D.
    Pope Nicholas 2nd convenes the Lateran Council, which decrees, that a College of Cardinals will elect future popes. This action takes away the Emperors influence in Papal elections.
    1073 A.D.
    Pope Gregory 7th declares, “ The Pope is Master of Emperors.” The Pope insist; the Pope is above all nations and rulers, and only responsible to God.  King Henry 4th of Germany disagrees. The disputes escalate to were the King attempts to depose the Pope. The Pope instead excommunicates the King. This action by the Pope absolves all of Henry’s subjects from their oath of allegiance to the King, and triggers a revolt in Germany. Henry gives in to the Pope; in December of 1077, he meets the Pope at Canossa, northern Italy. The Pope makes Henry stand barefoot in the snow, for three days and three nights, before he grants him absolution. The power struggle between Church and State however continues.
    1215 A.D.
    Frederick 2nd is crowned Holy Roman Emperor; he is engaged in a fierce struggle with Pope Gregory 9th. Each calls the other Antichrist. The Pope claims, The Roman Church has never erred, to resist it, is to resist God “.
    1302 A.D.
    Pope Boniface 8th in a bull (official document), asserts that to obtain salvation, every man must be subject to Rome, and that the Pope is supreme over all Kings, and that under penalty of excommunication, Kings are not allowed to tax the clergy. His bull is received with violent apposition from all rulers. The French King writes the Pope a letter and addresses him, “Your Supreme Foolishness“.
    1305 A.D.
    Pope Clement 5th takes up resident in the City Avignon, France, because of political unrest in Rome. Popes remain there till 1377, and become the tool of the French Court. This stay is also referred to as, “the Babylonian captivity”.
    1378 A.D.
    Urban 6th, an Italian, is elected Pope. French Cardinals disagree and elect a Frenchman as Pope, Clement 7th. There are now two Popes, and each excommunicates the other and each calls the other Antichrist. In 1409, Cardinals from both sides meet in the council of Pisa, to depose both Popes and elect a new Pope, Alexander 5th. The other two Popes refuse to resign; now there are three Popes. Finally in 1417, the Council of Constance deposes of all three Popes and unanimously elects Pope Martin 5th.
    1492 A.D.
    The Church is loosing its grip on people; because of the corrupt life’s Popes live, such as Pope Alexander 6th, formerly Rodrigo Borgia; who neglects Church affairs in pursuits of personal pleasures. He also has a son, Cesare Borgia.
    1511 A.D.
    German Monk, Martin Luther, makes a pilgrimage to Rome. He is appalled at the corruption and vice he finds so openly practiced there. He has often heard the popular proverb, “If there is a hell, Rome is build over it“, now he believes it. Luther is further disturbed by the selling of Papal indulgences or pardons for sins. The selling of indulgences had become big business.
    1517 A.D.
    Martin Luther nails a document to the door of the Castle Church, Wittenberg – Germany. On it are his 95 Theses, disagreements, in critic
    ism of the churches doctrine and the selling of indulgences.
    1520 A.D.
    In June, Pope Leo 10th issues a bull, criticizing Luther’s teaching. In December, the same year, Luther publicly burns the Papal bull. An ecclesiastical revolution to be known as the “Protestant Reformation“ is now in full swing.
    1521 A.D.
    Luther is excommunicated. Emperor Charles 5th summonsed Luther for a hearing, before the assembly of Worms – Germany. Luther refuses to recant and nothing is settled. Charles declares war on protestors; in spite of great persecution, Protestants gain in followers.
    1545 A.D.
    The Roman Universal Church organizes the “Counter Reformation“. The Council of Trent decrees a thorough reform of the Church, and clarifies Church doctrine. These efforts eliminate many of the abuses that had triggered the Protestant Reformation.
    1555 A.D.
    Both religion, Catholic and Lutheran, are officially recognized within the Empire.
    1618 A.D.
    Political rivalries among the many petty Princes of Europe are sharpened by religious differences among them. Peace collapses and the most terrible of all religious wars brake out. Catholics and Protestants fight each other for 30 years. The German countryside lies in ruins.
    1789 A.D.
    The French Revolution has begun. King Louis 16th and Queen Marie Antoinette, are guillotined; and thousands of Catholics, Priests and Nobles, are massacred; the revolution lasts for 13 years.
    1798 A.D.
    In a disagreement with Pope Pius 6th, the French General Napoleon sends his Troops to Rome, and takes the Pope prisoner. He is brought back to France and jailed. He dies there the next year.
    1804 A.D.
    Pope Pius 7th publishes an address, in which he declared it to be the doctrine of the gospel that all should obey established governments, including himself.  Napoleon summons the Pope to Paris to witness the self-crowning of the first French Emperor.
    1809 A.D.
    Napoleon decrees the Papal States annexed as part of the French Empire. Pope Pius 7th replies with a bull of excommunication. Napoleon replies with a laugh, “ In these enlightened days, none but children and nursemaids are afraid of curses.” The Pope becomes Napoleons prisoner and is taken to the City Fontainebleau, near Paris.
    1813 A.D.
    Pope Pius 7th finally signs the Concordat. In it he places all authority in Napoleons hands; to nominate Bishops and Metropolitans, without any power of the Pope to veto such appointments. The Pope is permitted to return to Rome the next year. The Pope’s power to rule has been broken; the indignation has been accomplished, Dan. 11:36.
    1834 A.D.
    The Vatican abolishes torture.
    1870 A.D.
    Pope Pius 9th declares the infallibility of the Pope. This dogma holds, that when a Pope speaks officially to the Catholic Church, on a doctrine of faith or morals, he cannot err.
    These historical facts should really make us think what foundation the Catholic Church has been build on. It is obvious, in this 21st Century that the Pope no longer has the power he once had, but his influence remains strong.              

My Husband got all of this together from different sources.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

jhenTux
    Participant

thanks a lot IM4

Stu
    Participant

Forgive me interloping here in the Boy Scouts' section, but your post is very interesting Mrs. IM4Truth. These days the Vatican's Concordats are agreements to protect and enhace its power and access to public money, but I had no idea that historically (see 1813 A.D.) the pope had been forced to sign a concordat that limited his power. I think a few more like that would be good for everyone!

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu You are in the wrong place, please go according to rules.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 13 2007,17:32)
    Stu  You are in the wrong place, please go according to rules.

Thanks for your encouraging reply to my interest in your post.

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stuart I am sorry but I am not interested in your point of View. I have nothing against you personally.

Peace and Love Mrs.

jhenTux
    Participant

upon discussing with catholic friends if Mary is really in heaven, they used this verse:

Rev 12: 1-5: A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven; an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron sceptre. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

jhenTux
    Participant

woman symbolizes the church and israel too. so how come it is mary?

Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Dec. 17 2007,11:33)

Hi Jhentux:

Catholics may interpret this to mean that Mary is in heaven, but that is not the correct interpretation of the verse of scripture.  To begin with, the scripture says a “sign appeared in heaven” not the woman herself.  But as you say, the woman symbolizes Israel.  Also, the woman has a crown twelve stars on hear head, and that symbolizes the twelve tribes or it can symbolize the twelve apostles.

The scripture then shows another sign in heaven, the dragon, which is the spirit in King Herod who made every effort to kill Jesus when he had the children killed.  That event did not take place in heaven.  It took place on earth.

Finally, the scripture states that “Her child was snatched up to God and to His throne”.  He, Jesus, is the only one who was taken to heaven.  

Mary is blessed in that God chose her to give birth to His Son.

God Bless

acertainchap
    Participant

(Mt 6, 5-6) Pray to your Father in secret

5: When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6: But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Dec. 17 2007,11:33)

What are you saying here? You belief that Mary is the Church? That is not even a belief of the Catholics. No I don't know were you got from but I don't think that is right. The Head of the Church is Christ and the Head of Christ is the Father.
    Tell me something do you belong to the Catholic Church? You have been asking a lot of question hat a Catholic would ask.

Peace and Love Mrs.

acertainchap
    Participant

No jhenTux is saying that the woman is not Mary but symbolizes or represents the church and israel.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account