Virgin birth

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 934 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    In what way does our body contribute to our personality?
    If Jesus was The Son of God who partook of flesh then the flesh\tent from Mary would not alter his soul\nature would it?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Nick

You ask the question

I explained that our genetics is what influences not just the physical makeup of our body but also our personality and intellect are highly influenced by the same.
    How? I do not know? Scientists are still only guessing, God holds those secrets.
    So the genetic blueprint that we inherit from our parents determines our nature insofar as the natural birth is concerned.

Now as I have touched upon in the 'Are we born with sin' thread, our soul is like a seed that can be quickened by a compatible life.
    It would seem that the state of our soul is such that the spirit we receive upon birth is compatible with it and produces what?
    A fallen sinful nature, one that is at enmity with God and alien to the life that is in Christ.
    So our souls condition due to the natural birth and sin is not ideal:
    The spirit is foreign from God and the body is dead because of the curse of the earth.
    In short we are in a dire condition and in need of a rebirth, starting in the soul, by the spirit of God.

The body we have is fallen because of the earth that is cursed.
    The nature that is enlivened within this fallen body is not truly reflective of a son of God.
    But is compatible with the fallen condition of the body.

So our soul is born into a body of death, therefore requiring a rebirth to enliven it to its true intended nature: that of a son of God.

If Jesus was The Son of God who partook of flesh then the flesh\tent from Mary would not alter his soul\nature would it?

Based upon this – consider Jesus – he was born without this sinful condition, it is our natural birth which happens as a result of a natural conception that brings our soul into this fallen condition.
    Jesus' conception was not a natural one, it was a Word conception, by the Spirit of God. He was a spoken word seed (son) of God. The word of God put into flesh.

That is my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ May 16 2006,06:50)
    Hi Nick

You ask the question

I explained that our genetics is what influences not just the physical makeup of our body but also our personality and intellect are highly influenced by the same.
    How? I do not know? Scientists are still only guessing, God holds those secrets.
    So the genetic blueprint that we inherit from our parents determines our nature insofar as the natural birth is concerned.

Now as I have touched upon in the 'Are we born with sin' thread, our soul is like a seed that can be quickened by a compatible life.
    It would seem that the state of our soul is such that the spirit we receive upon birth is compatible with it and produces what?
    A fallen sinful nature, one that is at enmity with God and alien to the life that is in Christ.
    So our souls condition due to the natural birth and sin is not ideal:
    The spirit is foreign from God and the body is dead because of the curse of the earth.
    In short we are in a dire condition and in need of a rebirth, starting in the soul, by the spirit of God.

The body we have is fallen because of the earth that is cursed.
    The nature that is enlivened within this fallen body is not truly reflective of a son of God.
    But is compatible with the fallen condition of the body.

So our soul is born into a body of death, therefore requiring a rebirth to enliven it to its true intended nature: that of a son of God.

Based upon this – consider Jesus – he was born without this sinful condition, it is our natural birth which happens as a result of a natural conception that brings our soul into this fallen condition.
    Jesus' conception was not a natural one, it was a Word conception, by the Spirit of God. He was a spoken word seed (son) of God. The word of God put into flesh.

That is my opinion.

Hi Malcolm,
    Does God create a spirit and soul and a body for every individual conceived? Does He continue to blow into each being still?

Or was not the role of multiplying and filling the earth given to Adam and Eve when the breath of God was blown into the dust, and have men not reproduced after their own kind since then?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Nick

Does God create a spirit and soul and a body for every individual conceived? Does He continue to blow into each being still?
    Or was not the role of multiplying and filling the earth given to Adam and Eve when the breath of God was blown into the dust, and have men not reproduced after their own kind since then?

I believe God breathed into Adam the breath of lives, so contained in the genetics of Adam was every son of Adam to come on the face of the earth.
    What are you asking here? Are we made by God? Does He make all things? Is He the creator of all?
    When we are born do we receive a spark to jump start us into this life, I believe so, that we are quickened to this life.
    Don't ask me to prove it or to explain it, how we are born, or even how we are created, it is the miracle of God at work as far as I am concerned.
    Did God create a soul and a body for every individual conceived?
    Does every seed contain within itself the power to transform itself into the plant body that expresses what life it is?
    Where did that power come from? The plant OF itself? Or God who made it that way? God in my opinion would get all the Glory.
    Did God create a soul – now that is an interesting thought.
    I believe our souls are that eternal seed that Came from God, the nature of His Spirit contained in a form that can be quickened to life.
    So based upon that, no I don't believe our souls were created, they were brought forth from God (begotten? Is that a good word?)
    Thus having a beginning, but are – like God – eternal in nature, therefore able to manifest eternal life as a son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    You are honest in your posts as you state when something is your opinion and that is appreciated. And much of what you do state is not biblically provable. For example it does not say anywhere we are derived from the Spirit of God as to our soul.

Man became a living spirit by the breath of God into dust is what is written.

A seed is an amazing creation. What is made into bread for food is also, if planted even years after being picked, a ready made plant in miniature set to reproduce itself. Having been fertilised in a flower of a certain beauty it awaits it's destiny one way or another.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Artizan7 ,
    Here is a thread on the virgin birth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many who would prefer to write their own bible would remove much of what John wrote and deny the virgin birth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RR,
    Was Jesus born of a virgin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Holy Spirit of God through Scripture says that Mary was a virgin in whom was conceived the Christ by the power of God.

men say she was not a virgin
    men say Jesus was not conceived.
    men say that God was not the father.

Whom should we believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RR,
    Jesus was born of a virgin according to scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christ was born of a virgin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If Mary was not a virgin and scripture did not say that Joseph did not have relations with Mary prior to the birth of Jesus then his divine paternity by the Spirit of God could be brought into question.

Unisage
    Participant

Hmmmm Surprise it was not brought up..Well in any case since no one mention it..I will keep it under thee hat..Thanks Nick for bumping up the VB thread..At least I know where you stand on this.. :D

Not3in1
    Participant

I've wondered about this. I've wondered why the virgin birth wasn't given more attention in the gospels? I mean, come on! virgin births don't happen everyday. Truly, the story being re-told could have proven in a lot of ways who and what Jesus was. I don't know?

Not3in1
    Participant

Unisage – see the “Biblical Unitarian” thread for more on Mary and the “who” and “what” is Jesus. Nick and I had a lively debate there not too long ago.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,15:27)
    I've wondered about this.  I've wondered why the virgin birth wasn't given more attention in the gospels?  I mean, come on! virgin births don't happen everyday.  Truly, the story being re-told could have proven in a lot of ways who and what Jesus was.  I don't know?

Hi not3,
    As far as the ordinary folk knew Jesus was just the first son of Joseph and Mary. It was only his disciples who were privy to his true origins it would seem.
    Mark 6:3
    Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Not3in1
    Participant

That's my point exactly – why didn't others know? Why wasn't it told, I wonder?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I guess the main focus of his role as Messiah was to reveal God to men. God dwelled in his vessel and did amazing things through him. Without his humble service this would not have been possible.The glory belongs to God and he gave that glory to God.

His own nature is also amazing but it was not necessary for the world to know. He made great efforts to keep quiet that he was the Son of God preferring to be known as the son of man. As you can see all the controversy since then has been around his own nature with many being drawn off the path confused by these things.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Nick – thanks. I guess I can't help but wonder what would have been his reception if the world knew he was born of a virgin? Would they have said he was God, for instance?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 934 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account