Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    The end encompasses the second resurrection, judgement by works according to mercy and the lake of fire for the lost.
    All who remain are in God and He is in them.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

How do I edit my posts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    You say
    [MY COMMENTS IN BRACKETS]
    “The reason that there is no more death is because all have been made alive IN CHRIST[YES BUT NOT ALL REMAIN]

because they have all heard the gospel {??? is it written}

and they have all reaped what they have sown.

If you sow to the flesh (body/soul nature) you will reap destruction death,
    If you sow to the spirit [ WHICH SPIRIT -only applies to those with the Holy Spirit]

you reap life. Jesus came to save the lost/destroyed. “

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,08:32)
    Hi mk,
    The end encompasses the second resurrection, judgement by works according to mercy and the lake of fire for the lost.

Can we stick with the context of the end here please

1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
    1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.
    1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The enemies that are put under Jesus feet are subject to him which means obedient

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,08:40)

Hi mk,

1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The enemies that are put under Jesus feet are subject to him which means obedient

Hi mk,
    Indeed all is made subject to King Jesus but subjection is only in relation to his earthly rule from Jerusalem from the seat of David and has no bearing on salvation of the nations.

Tiffany
    Participant

Meerkat

We all have to be resurrected after we die, and receive new life. But not all will be resurrected as spirit beings. That is the reward for a special group of people; those that would not deny Christ even if it meant torture and death. It is our faith in Jesus Christ that ultimately gives us life, if we believe in Christ we also believe in the Father, who is the power behind Christ.
    Only those that come up in the first resurrection, are spirit beings, and they only will see the spiritual kingdom of God in which Christ is King. No human being will see that kingdom, but we will all be in his kingdom/paradise, living for ever.
    Jesus had to give up his spirit nature, because he came to ransom Adam, and all of us from the grave. He had to be one of us; after his death God gave him back his true nature, spirit, and deposed of his human remains. To think that Jesus was bodily resurrected, would mean, he took back the ransom. That is what a ransom is, an exchange. Think about it, Paul says, the wages of sin is death.

Rom. 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Permanent death, not just dying and then living again. Jesus was the exchange for Adam; Adam was released from the grave, and Jesus flesh body took his place. God of course would not allow for his body to remain in the grave.

Ps. 16:10 “For thou wilt not leave my soul (body) in hell (grave); neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption (decay).”

Well, you are right. Fire is also used to purify.

1 Peter 1:7 “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”

No, it's not incarnated, it's resurrected. Those that obey the gospel of Christ, after their resurrection, are the meek that will inherit the earth.
    I tried to find my way through your questions as best as I could, let me know what I missed.

Georg

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick, where do you find that written, you got to be joking.

Tiffany
    Participant

You guys are to fast for me, you make my head spin, I got to go and cook dinner.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,08:43)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,08:40)

Hi mk,

Hi mk,
    Indeed all is made subject to King Jesus but subjection is only in relation to his earthly rule from Jerusalem from the seat of David and has no bearing on salvation of the nations.

The context is (adam) natural man – all die
    IN CHRIST all being made alive – spirit

Then giving the order that it happens in

Not an earthly rule from Jerusalem

You can not mix separate scriptures together to formulate a doctrine. Scripture in context needs to be matched with other scripture in context, not 2 separate scriptures cut and pasted and put together like you are trying to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Did you not know we reign and rule with him?
    2 Timothy 2:12
    If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Lk19
    15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

meerkat
    Participant

Tiffany,Dec. wrote:

Meerkat

Jesus had to give up his spirit nature, because he came to ransom Adam, and all of us from the grave. He had to be one of us; after his death God gave him back his true nature, spirit, and deposed of his human remains.
    1 Cor 15:46 Says natural – then spiritual
    Romans 1:3 -4 Says Jesus made flesh – then declared/decreed/appointed Son of God BY resurrection

No, it's not incarnated, it's resurrected. Those that obey the gospel of Christ, after their resurrection, are the meek that will inherit the earth.
    I tried to find my way through your questions as best as I could, let me know what I missed.

What you seem to be talking about is reincarnation

Rebirth of the soul in another body.
    A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: “The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” (Ben Lloyd).

Matt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
    Mat 22:30For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
    Mat 22:31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
    Mat 22:32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    Resurrection is life from the dead – the wages of sin is death   — the gift of god is life

Georg

One thing at the moment – will probably come back for more  later :)

Can you read the thread on virgin birth  (in this forum) – it has some ideas/discussions that will let you know where I am coming from on some things   –  I am also very interested in scriptual support in context to support ideas (I find that ideas, logic is good but the litmus test is scripture in context  – thats what I'm told and I do see the benefit for it)

I will also come back to you on the antichrist thread in biblical prophecy – but some of what I want to study/discuss relates to that virgin birth thread.  Also if you look at the thread on “Does the name really matter” (also in this forum)  Its like dominoes one thing effects another and another ………

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,09:43)

Jesus had to give up his spirit nature, because he came to ransom Adam, and all of us from the grave. He had to be one of us; after his death God gave him back his true nature, spirit, and deposed of his human remains.

Romans 1:3 -4 Says Jesus made flesh – then declared/decreed/appointed Son of God BY resurrection

A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: “The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” (Ben Lloyd).

Matt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
    Mat 22:30For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
    Mat 22:31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
    Mat 22:32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    Resurrection is life from the dead – the wages of sin is death   — the gift of god is life

Can you read the thread on virgin birth  (in this forum) – it has some ideas/discussions that will let you know where I am coming from on some things   –  I am also very interested in scriptual support in context to support ideas (I find that ideas, logic is good but the litmus test is scripture in context  – thats what I'm told and I do see the benefit for it)

I will also come back to you on the antichrist thread in biblical prophecy – but some of what I want to study/discuss relates to that virgin birth thread.  Also if you look at the thread on “Does the name really matter” (also in this forum)  Its like dominoes one thing effects another and another ………

Georg
    Last post was messy so reposting.   How do I edit my posts? I don't seem to be able to find any button to let me do that.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 12 2008,09:02)
    Hi mk,
    Did you not know we reign and rule with him?
    2 Timothy 2:12
    If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Lk19
    15And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

Future tense  – need to obey, and suffer beheading = death of the flesh nature and worshipping the beast and receiving his “mark” is believing the lie.

Reigning with him is after his coming, first we need to follow him into death (which is not physical death but the death of the flesh/soul nature)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    It seems baptism is important in God's eyes[Rom6]

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,09:50)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 12 2008,09:43)

Georg
    Last post was messy so reposting.   How do I edit my posts? I don't seem to be able to find any button to let me do that.

You have to ask Heaven or t8 for editing rights, then you get a button that says that on it. It is on the right hand side und before the Quote button.
    Irene

meerkat
    Participant

Yes,

Mar 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

Is it drink of cup of water that Jesus is referring to? – is it water baptism? or is it referring to his death?

He needed to die to be raised
    We need to die to be raised

Water baptism is the “symbol” The same as the Jews took the types that God them and made them into a religion, Christianity has taken the types and made them into a religion believing that if they follow the rituals it will save them.

Rom 6:3Know ye not, that so many of us as were {immersed}  into Jesus Christ were {immersed} into his death?
    Rom 6:4Therefore we are buried with him by {immersion} into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
    Rom 6:6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    Rom 6:7For he that is dead is freed from sin.
    Rom 6:8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
    Rom 6:9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    Rom 6:10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
    Rom 6:11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rom 6:12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

G907
    βαπτίζω
    baptizō
    bap-tid'-zo
    From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism: – baptist, baptize, wash.

clinging to ordinances will not save you – you need to be immersed into Christ by the Holy Spirit of God

John baptised with water but Jesus will baptise with spirit and fire

Matt 3:11   Mat 3:11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mK,
    So scripture is wrong ar more modern ideas take precedence?

I do not think anything has changed and we should all listen to Peter at Pentecost.

We must be born again of water and the Spirit.

The Spirit does not do the dirty work of cleansing.

Ordinances and rituals do not save but God requires obedience to certain things.

It is a sign to all of creation of our choice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    How many water baptisms in Acts?
    Were they wrong?

Should Peter not have ordered the water baptism of Cornelius.

Should Phillip have laid hands on the Eunuch to receive the Spirit rather than water baptising him?

Do we know more than these anointed men of God?

If it only a symbol now then it would have been then, so why did they take it so seriously?

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

John's idea that Jesus would baptise with spirit and fire, whereas he baptised with water is hardly modern – the scriptures have been through the hands of the Roman Catholic, nicea creed – lets make creeds and dogma like the Jews did. For all that they appear to be relatively clean.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    So what of Acts?
    Hogwash or a textbook of how we should think and act?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account