Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    One gospel.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 10 2008,22:29)
      You will never understand the truth, if you keep thinking that all scripture is about us.  Under the 'old covenant', it was for Israel only.  The four gospels, Matthew,Mark, Luke, and John, are still the continuation of God and Israel.  Jesus was the prophesied “Messia”, who was rejected by them, and consequently God turned away from them, to the 'nations'.
      What I am trying to tell you, is that quoting scripture from the OT. and four gospels, as being to us in this present era, is useless.  “All scripture is FOR us, but not all is ABOUT us.”
      Read Matt.15:24,  Ro.15:8,  & Ro.15:16 for confirmation of this fact.

Warning: If you remove the authority of scripture, you will make up your own guidelines and become your own god.

1 Cor 10:11-12
    11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
    NKJV

Prior to this verse, Paul was giving examples from the OT. Notice the phrase “upon whom the ends of the ages have come. ” That means that this verse applies to us. Not only us, but all of creation up until “the ages” are done.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ Dec. 10 2008,13:50)

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 10 2008,22:29)
      You will never understand the truth, if you keep thinking that all scripture is about us.  Under the 'old covenant', it was for Israel only.  The four gospels, Matthew,Mark, Luke, and John, are still the continuation of God and Israel.  Jesus was the prophesied “Messia”, who was rejected by them, and consequently God turned away from them, to the 'nations'.
      What I am trying to tell you, is that quoting scripture from the OT. and four gospels, as being to us in this present era, is useless.  “All scripture is FOR us, but not all is ABOUT us.”
      Read Matt.15:24,  Ro.15:8,  & Ro.15:16 for confirmation of this fact.

Warning: If you remove the authority of scripture, you will make up your own guidelines and become your own god.

1 Cor 10:11-12
    11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
    NKJV

Prior to this verse, Paul was giving examples from the OT.  Notice the phrase “upon whom the ends of the ages have come. ”  That means that this verse applies to us.  Not only us, but all of creation up until “the ages” are done.

Shania.
    Who is removing the authority of scripture? We are “quoting” scripture, and understanding what is being said.

Matt.15:24 …24 Now He (Jesus), answering, said, “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Ro.15:8 …8 For I (Paul) am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.

Roo.15:16 …16 for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.

Eph.2:11-12 …11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world.

Believe what scripture says, …and understand!

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 09 2008,05:25)
    Adam………Was beginning to wonder where you were, good to see your post, God has given you very good incite please continue to use it brother,  to whom soever (has) more shall be given. I knew clearly when you first posted GOD was With you Brother, Don't get discouraged we are engaged in Spiritual warfare and it will be that way until our brother the Lord Jesus comes. If we have put our hands to the plow we must continue to plow Brother and not look back. Also iron sharpens iron, these things are preparing us for the future when we will be together in the Kingdom. We need to press forward for the Mark of the HIGH CALLING. Hope you and your Family are all well brother.

Love and peace to you and your Adam…………………gene

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for your concern towards this brother. I was on a trip to my native place to attend my sister who was to be operated for her Heart-valve replacement. By the grace of God her operation was successful. Please uphold her in your prayers.

I know very well that we have to continue in this quest for Real Jesus and understanding the scriptures in the light of God's wisdom. I see one more sister in this fold by name “Meerkat” seems to be in line with us. Hope she will contribute more to this forum.

Thanks and love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Is it better to be in fellowship with men or with God and His Son?

2Jn
    9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1Jn
    6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Abide in scripture not human philosophy.
    Universal salvation is not written

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

It is not just drawing near to God and Jesus or drawing near to brothers and sisters

it is both, we are to seek truth earnestly and also fellowship, exhort each other.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Men love fellowship with each other.
    There are higher priorities.

If we seek his ways he gives us everything we need including fellowship.

meerkat
    Participant

Yes Nick,

But I don't see that those on this board are seeking to fellowship with each other at the expense of seeking Christ, I get the feeling that most are first seeking Christ and also talking to each other to help each other and learn.

NickHassan
    Participant

HiMK,
    Anything to get folks to rely first on scripture.

meerkat
    Participant

And I see lots of scripture …… you just don't believe the scripture

meerkat
    Participant

Also, if someone were seeking fellowship they would not choose christian universal reconciliation to find friends as it is a very small minority.

meerkat
    Participant

You get banned from a lot of christian forums for voicing universal reconciliation from what I have seen and heard.

Tiffany
    Participant

How can the Bible say, Christ died for all; if not all will get a chance to hear the gospel and repent?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    We do not tell God how best to do things.
    No second chances.

Death is followed by judgement for men.

meerkat
    Participant

1Pe 4:5Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
    1Pe 4:6For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

From what I understand judgement is about reaping what you have sown, God is not mocked. Living with God in the spirit is a gift from a merciful God, God can only show mercy to the disobedient. But the disobedient MUST repent and be obedient.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Reaping a harvest is possible resting in the vine.
    Sin produces a harvest too.
    The bigger problem is the tares among the wheat.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 11 2008,11:16)
    You get banned from a lot of christian forums for voicing universal reconciliation from what I have seen and heard.

Hi MK,
    There should be philosophy forums around where such nonbiblical ideas can be voiced.

chosenone
    Participant

We rely on scripture, but we must correctly understand what we rely on. For example: Eph.2:11-12 …11 Wherefore, remember that once you, the nations in flesh — who are termed 'Uncircumcision' by those termed 'Circumcision,' in flesh, made by hands —
    12 that you were, in that era, apart from Christ, being alienated from the citizenship of Israel, and guests of the promise covenants, having no expectation, and without God in the world.
    Notice it says “in that era”, In context, meaning His (God) dealings were only with His “chosen people”, Israel. As was Jesus teaching,
    Matt.15:24 …24 Now He (Jesus), answering, said, “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” This meaning that His message was to Israel only, still under the “old covenant” that included the 'law'.
    Many get a confused understanding of scripture, thinking everything in the bible, is to all of us. Paul says we must “15 Endeavor to present yourself to God qualified, an unashamed worker, correctly cutting the word of truth”. (2Tim.2:15) Meaning we must realise “who” is speaking, and to “whom” it is spoken to.
    So we must believe scripture when Paul says in Ro.15:8 …8 For I am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.
    Meaning, Christ was for “Israel”, not for the 'nations'.
    And in Ro.8:16 …16 for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.

Scripture would have much more meaning for us, if this was clearly understood. As an example, Jesus said, “you must repent”, (this was to the nation of Israel). Now in this era, we have been “granted repentance” by the kindness of God, Ro.2:4 Or are you despising the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, being ignorant that the kindness of God is leading you to repentance?
    We have been “justified” by the blood of Christ, God sees our sins no more. Acts.11:18 …18 Now, on hearing these things, they are quiet, and glorify God, saying, “Consequently, to the nations also God gives repentance unto life!”

Notice that if we don't “correctly cut the word of truth', we would get confused about “repenting”. The gospel of the “kingdom”, has been rejected by Israel, who had to repent, and God has turned away from them, to the nations. While now, we are under the gospel of “Grace”, God “sees out sins no more”, repentance, by the justifying work of Jesus, by God, is not required. We are “justified” by the “Grace of God”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    The words of Paul you quote are only for the saved.
    You need to listen to Jesus as he is the captain of salvation for all who come to him.

meerkat
    Participant

But Nick,

I am a christian and am looking for a place to discuss things like trinity, salvation bible etc so that would not help at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account