Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    WE are already seated with Christ -sharing his Spirit.

Col3
    1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

But we are on earth.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2008,15:09)
    Hi 94,
    You have not revealed the scriptures as asked.
    You condemn all who do not respond to the message excluding the mercy of God.

God is kinder.  

Mt 25
    31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Please show us how these sheep knew they were saved as we should do.
    Please show how works such as these are the way of salvation in Jesus.
    They were saved BECAUSE OF works-is that your hope? Surely not.

Hi Nick:

It is not my postion to condemn anyone. This is what the scripture states:

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And so are these scriptures true or not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    True,
    But Scripture does not limit the mercy of God.

Would you say God cannot do this?
    Matthew 22:10
    So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,04:39)
    Hi 94,
    True,
    But Scripture does not limit the mercy of God.  

Would you say God cannot do this?
    Matthew 22:10
    So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

You cannot come to the wedding without a wedding garment.

Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage(“bid” invite them to the marriage. We do this by preaching the gospel).

Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We are to be clothed in Jesus through baptism.

Gal3
    27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,06:22)
    Hi 94,
    We are to be clothed in Jesus through baptism.  

Gal3
    27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

The only way that we can be clothed with a wedding garment of righteousness is by having our sins washed away by the blood of our Lord Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The wedding feast is before the second resurrection and the final judgement of the nations.
    It does not relate to mercy but just to the sons of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Here is the feast in Rev 19 coming just after the return of Jesus.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,06:40)
    Hi 94,
    Here is the feast in Rev 19 coming just after the return of Jesus.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Are you saying this is the wedding feast?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    hmm.
    Not so sure now. Blessings.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,07:02)
    Hi 94,
    hmm.
    Not so sure now. Blessings.

The scriptures that you quoted relate to those who have received the mark of the beast being judged by the seven last plagues.

I just received another revelation.  The following scripture relates to the second resurrection:

Jud 1:14  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    Jud 1:15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    Jud 1:16 ¶ These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Certainly the verses relate to the return of Jesus and after 1000 years he will be the judge of the nations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I believe the return of Jesus is not directly to earth but to the AIR where his saints will meet with him and the wedding feast will take place [? where] while the great tribulation [wrath] rages on the earth. Then he comes with them all to earth to rule the remnant peaople with his brothers and then after 1000 years there is the second resurrection and the final judgement.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,07:42)
    Hi 94,
    I believe the return of Jesus is not directly to earth but to the AIR where his saints will meet with him and the wedding feast will take place [? where] while the great tribulation [wrath] rages on the earth. Then he comes with them all to earth to rule the remnant peaople with his brothers and then after 1000 years there is the second resurrection and the final judgement.

Hi Nick:

I agree. This is what the scriptures teach. As to where the marriage will take place, the scripture states that we will meet Jesus the bride groom in the air.

The following scripture shows people in heaven:

Rev 19:1 ¶ And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

And then:

Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
    Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

I believe that the following scripture may refer to the rapture:

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Because of the above scriptures and also because of the wrath of God being poured out upon the inhabitants of the earth who received the mark of the beast, I conclude that the marriage has to be in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Rev19
    Number 3793
    Transliteration:
    ochlos {okh'los}
    Word Origin:
    from a derivative of 2192 (meaning a vehicle)
    TDNT:
    5:582,750
    Part of Speech:
    noun masculine
    Usage in the KJV:
    people 82, multitude 79, press 5, company 7, number of people 1, number 1

Total: 175
    Definition:
    a crowd
    a casual collection of people
    a multitude of men who have flocked together in some place
    a throng
    a multitude
    the common people, as opposed to the rulers and leading men
    with contempt: the ignorant multitude, the populace
    a multitude
    the multitudes, seems to denote troops of people gathered together without order

It seems to denote rather a crowd.
    Must they be people?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    If the marriage is in heaven but the final hope of men is the renewed earth then Jesus would have to come down and go back.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Interestingly the word translated as MULTITUDE [v6]is the same one as CROWD OF PEOPLE[v1]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    This is the verse I was thinking of before
    Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
    Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2008,08:58)
    Hi 94,
    If the marriage is in heaven but the final hope of men is the renewed earth then Jesus would have to come down and go back.

Hi Nick:

What do you mean that Jesus would have to come down and go back up?

He will come and establish his kingdom on earth after the judgment of the wicked dead in the second resurrection. He won't be going back up. Revelation 21.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The first resurrection with the coming back of Jesus leads to the wedding feast
    and then the saved return with him and initiate the millenial kingdom on earth.
    Then there is the second resurrection at the end of 1000 years IMO

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account