Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Oct. 04 2008,11:55)

Isaiah 46:8-11,  …Saying, All My councel shall be confirmed, and ALL MY DESIRE WILL I DO.
    …Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about.  I formed, Indeed, I will do it.

Is God not able to do all he “desires”?  Is mans so-called “free will” more powerfull than Gods will?

Kipchuk
    You wrote this at the beginning of this topic.
    Good question
    Is GOD not able to do all HE desires?
    He certainly is.
    If GOD chose in HIS good pleasure to give man a choice, has he now lost any such ability?
    I don't see how!
    It was HIS good pleasure according to HIS own desire to say “choose this day who you will serve”
    If we don't choose HIM does that diminish HIM or hinder HIS plan in any way?
    Is mans so-called “free will” more powerful than Gods will?
    I can't see how it would be. All that are HIS will come, not against their will, but they shall come gladly.
    GOD knows this, HE knew this before HE ever set it in motion.
    HIS sheep hear HIS voice. If they cannot hear why is that?
    They are not HIS sheep, they are not HIS children
    They are OF their father the Devil and so of course they refuse to hear GOD.
    IMO

Amen Malcolm, Thanks.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 04 2008,12:07)

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Oct. 04 2008,11:55)

Isaiah 46:8-11,  …Saying, All My councel shall be confirmed, and ALL MY DESIRE WILL I DO.
    …Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about.  I formed, Indeed, I will do it.

Is God not able to do all he “desires”?  Is mans so-called “free will” more powerfull than Gods will?

Kipchuk
    You wrote this at the beginning of this topic.
    Good question
    Is GOD not able to do all HE desires?
    He certainly is.
    If GOD chose in HIS good pleasure to give man a choice, has he now lost any such ability?
    I don't see how!
    It was HIS good pleasure according to HIS own desire to say “choose this day who you will serve”
    If we don't choose HIM does that diminish HIM or hinder HIS plan in any way?
    Is mans so-called “free will” more powerful than Gods will?
    I can't see how it would be. All that are HIS will come, not against their will, but they shall come gladly.
    GOD knows this, HE knew this before HE ever set it in motion.
    HIS sheep hear HIS voice. If they cannot hear why is that?
    They are not HIS sheep, they are not HIS children
    They are OF their father the Devil and so of course they refuse to hear GOD.
    IMO

Amen Malcolm, Thanks.

Hi Malcolm.
    If God says “all my desires I will do”, and mans so-called free will overides His desire, then God is helpless, and cannot do what He wants to??? I think your logic is flawed. Our God WILL accomplish all His desires.

Believe scripture, Eph.1:11 …in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

“He” is operating “ALL” according to the counsel of “His” will!

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is the will of God set in concrete?
    Do you know the will of God?
    Is prayer then ineffective?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Then do detail the will of God for you and me.

chosenone
    Participant

Whatever God does is His will. Eph.1:11 …being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,
    All He is doing is being done. …watch and observe!

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 04 2008,17:12)
    Hi CO,
    Then do detail the will of God for you and me.

1.Cor.15: …that God may be All in all.)
    This will include you and me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You forgot to detail the will of God
    and I was hoping you could help me with tomorrow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the will of God is revealed in the end product.
    I agree with that.

So this idea of Grace forcing every man to do His will is off target.

Men have the choice to cooperate or not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I think you are guessing if you think you know the will of God.
    Imagining it is all revealed in the Word is a faint hope.
    And I bet it is not as rigid as you see it.

That is why prayer is effective

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Another of your false accusations. Where have I ever said I know what the will of God is? I said the will of God “WILL” be done, not that I can tell you what His will is for you or anyone else is for tomorrow or any day in particular. God does reveal in scripture what “His will” will accomplish at the “consummation”, that He (God) will be All in all.

Read carefully, as Gene says, your false accusations are not very “Christlike”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    He will accomplish His will.
    Better to be aligned with Him and found in Him.
    Listen to the eternal words of the son of God, the gospel of the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Oct. 04 2008,17:01)
    Nick.
       Yes.
       Yes.
        No.

Hi CO,
    You forget what you say very quickly.

I asked in the second question
    Do you know the will of God
    and you said YES

Please withdraw your judgement.

Participant

Hi:

I'll let the scriptures speak for themselves:

Eph 1:6  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
    Eph 1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
    Eph 1:8  Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
    Eph 1:9  Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
    Eph 1:10  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:
    Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
    Eph 1:12  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
    Eph 1:13  In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
    Eph 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 2:1 ¶ And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;
    Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
    Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks 94,
    Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made US accepted in the beloved.
    Eph 1:7 In whom WE have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
    Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded toward US in all wisdom and prudence;
    Eph 1:9 Having made known unto US the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
    Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:
    Eph 1:11 In whom also WE have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
    Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
    Eph 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
    Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Some seem to think the dross of creation is included in the US

Participant

True, they do, but not every one will be part of the body of Christ at his coming.

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The only ones who will not be of Christ will be the remnant heathen nations.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    I don't think it's desirable to “bet” against God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Betting of all forms would not be useful.
    Better to read the teachings of Jesus Christ and follow him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2008,10:38)
    Hi 94,
    The only ones who will not be of Christ will be the remnant heathen nations.

Hi Nick:

Anyone who is not the seed of Abraham will not be in the body of Christ, and so that means that anyone who did not die in faith or anyone who is alive and is not in the faith will not be a part of the body of Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account