Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Some of the errors were not discovered until recently. Have you ever wondered what enlightenment may come in the future to shed light on more errors?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Doubt is an unstable foundation.
    Is God trustworthy?

Not3in1
    Participant

It's not doubt, bro, it's just being aware that the documents we have may not be 100% accurate. I believe we need to reserve some judgement. I think the common threads that bind all the books together can be fully employed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Doubt.
    How strong are men?
    Put your faith in the one who guards His Word.

Ps 12
    6The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ha….well perhaps Ps 12 qualifies but we know other's do not. The bible is put together with many author's works. These works have been known to be tampered with. It would appear that this Ps is not quite true, then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Sigh..

Not3in1
    Participant

:)

I know it's frustrating for you, Nick. But you must realize that for those of us who do not swallow the whole bible it's because there is reason not to. For instance, 1 John 5:7 (and so many other's). But let's take this example – if it were true we should all believe the trinity doctrine! But we know it was the work of scribes. Should we just assume that everything else checks out OK, too? Would that be faith? And to be careful and wonder and not take everthing at face value is not faith? Hmmm. Who decides?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The whole bible denies trinity theory.
    Do you eat fish for fear of the bones?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes we can stumble.
    But we do not fall or sit on the ground.

But we still have to walk.
    heb12

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 12 2008,16:15)
    Hi not3,
    The whole bible denies trinity theory.
    Do you eat fish for fear of the bones?

I eat the fruit but spit out the seeds. Same difference.

:;):

It's not doubt, it's caution.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Keep feasting.

Shania
    Participant

{for what it's worth}

There may be errors in the Bible- here and there. They, however, do not effect the whole message or “tenor” of scripture. Use scripture to interpret scripture. The clear passages interpret unclear ones.

If you run across something in scripture that goes against your doctrine, search it out. Pray about it. Research the Greek/Hebrew. Look at the context and look at the rest of scripture to see how it fits. It may not be an error. I, personnally am really careful about not dismissing things as “error” very easily. Could it be possible that we don't understand something?

Another thought: if our Father is in control of EVERYTHING, do you think that He is aware of these things? Do you think that He lets things happen for a reason?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 12 2008,16:09)
    :)

I know it's frustrating for you, Nick.  But you must realize that for those of us who do not swallow the whole bible it's because there is reason not to.  For instance, 1 John 5:7 (and so many other's).  But let's take this example – if it were true we should all believe the trinity doctrine!   But we know it was the work of scribes.  Should we just assume that everything else checks out OK, too?  Would that be faith?  And to be careful and wonder and not take everthing at face value is not faith?  Hmmm.  Who decides?

Hi Sis,
    you are right in saying scribes and translators certainly influenced Bible especially the N.T therefore many have deviated from the Biblical Monotheism by creating many ISMs like Trinitarianism, Arianism, prexistence, Mormonism etc. I don't blame God for such manipulation for which human beings are responsible. God never changes, we can not say that scriptures are inerrant and at the same time blame God for inconsistency in them. Those who recorded the scriptures were human being like you and me with human limitations in understanding God's revelations therefore errors are possible but I don't blame God for such human errors.

Please take care
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You are confused by human interpretative words like ISMs. Where are these words in scripture?

They are not but they come from the minds of foolish theologians. Do you rate their ideas above scripture?
    It is better to let scripture speak than to hide behind the robes of ignorant men.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ Aug. 12 2008,16:58)
    {for what it's worth}

There may be errors in the Bible- here and there.  They, however, do not effect the whole message or “tenor” of scripture.  Use scripture to interpret scripture.  The clear passages interpret unclear ones.

If you run across something in scripture that goes against your doctrine, search it out.  Pray about it.  Research the Greek/Hebrew.  Look at the context and look at the rest of scripture to see how it fits.  It may not be an error.  I, personnally am really careful about not dismissing things as “error” very easily.  Could it be possible that we don't understand something?

Another thought:  if our Father is in control of EVERYTHING, do you think that He is aware of these things?  Do you think that He lets things happen for a reason?

The bible contains NO ERRORS…you show me an “error” and I will show you a reasonable explanation for the perceived “error”…

This is not directed at you Shania per se..but anyone who thinks the bible contains errors

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Aug. 13 2008,08:33)
    The bible contains NO ERRORS…you show me an “error” and I will show you a reasonable explanation for the perceived “error”…

This is not directed at you Shania per se..but anyone who thinks the bible contains errors

Well here is one to start.
    Why does Kings 8:26 say “Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign…”
    And then 2 Chronicles 22:2 says “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign…”?

What is the reasonable explanation for this “perceived” error.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    NASB says 22 in 2Chr22.2

charity
    Participant

:)  And chronicles testify, David was provoked by Satan, power to satan
    and in Kings he was moved by God? Power to God
    this was to number Israel for the threshing floor,
    Who do you chose to give the credit for this event too?
    A; Satan
    or
    B; God,
    who'S DEED IS IT charley?
    That’s EVEN AS we are still getting the threshing of a life time, over still choosing our source of force?

Now perhaps God is clever and let the foolish bind it all together/
    iF SO
    for the task of patience  IS….
    that IT will appear to bring its  SELF TO PEACES… coming down to destructon, as an …
    abomination.  

It is a concern to see some by pass seeing the truth of the written turmoil’s, bound together in black leather, priced to sell all over earth, even to the fact ye think ye have Life in the letter, as its held, cuddled in close, near to the heart as one is seen walking into church
    but the letter is the killer.
    And steels life’s away demanding attention.
    Why not just hear ..and judge each book seperate?
    Ye, Not possible, for THERE IS, AS IT SEEMS A Law that sayeth follow the Law of this is the holy word of God
    breacking the Law that sayeth follow the Law is hardest.
    IT is being free of all or nothing?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Aug. 13 2008,08:33)

Quote (Shania @ Aug. 12 2008,16:58)
    {for what it's worth}

There may be errors in the Bible- here and there.  They, however, do not effect the whole message or “tenor” of scripture.  Use scripture to interpret scripture.  The clear passages interpret unclear ones.

If you run across something in scripture that goes against your doctrine, search it out.  Pray about it.  Research the Greek/Hebrew.  Look at the context and look at the rest of scripture to see how it fits.  It may not be an error.  I, personnally am really careful about not dismissing things as “error” very easily.  Could it be possible that we don't understand something?

Another thought:  if our Father is in control of EVERYTHING, do you think that He is aware of these things?  Do you think that He lets things happen for a reason?

Got yourself a book on how to debunk the errors of the bible, huh? :;): I'll look forward to hearing this…

Say, how's the new baby?

Love,
    Mandy

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 13 2008,11:34)
    Hi Tim4,
    NASB says 22 in 2Chr22.2

You are right Nick.
    My trusty KJV and NKJV both say
    he was 42 years old.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account