Unity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 17
    “20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. “

So this is the unity between the Father and the Son.

” 22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. “

And the same unity is his prayer for us who are in him in God.

If this is the unity and it is from eternity past as some teach, then we HAVE BEEN ETERNALLY UNITED IN HIM and IN GOD.

iF you do not agree but maintain Christ was always in unity then you must remove this verse from the bible

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You will see uses of unity here.

Some say that the Logos was ever united as one with God[and the Spirit?]-natural unity.
    This either says the son is not a son or is his own father.
    They also may say that the unity of the Spirit is a combined unity of three spirits.

The other view is that the Father and the Son as separate individuals become united and one in the Spirit of God.
    And that the Spirit of God is ever one with God and in Christ.
    Truth does not need an added trinity.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical thread

Participant

Hi Charity:

This is topical.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2005,08:56)
    Hi,
    If I was to say to you that my foot is united with my leg you would look at me sideways and say
    “So what?”
    It would be a different story if I had just had it reattached after an accident.

If makes no sense to state that is naturally one is united. Of course if we said that the National Party is united with the Labour Party on an issue that would be news as they are certainly not one by nature.

So when Jesus says
    ” My father and I are one”
    it only makes sense because a father is not naturally one with a son. They are two. The same word “one” is used to describe the unity between man and wife “the two shall become one” as men and women are separate beings and unity beyond the physical level is a challenging process for both. They both have separate wills and life in themselves just as the Father and Son have.

Jesus also prayed that we would be “one” as he and His Father were “one”.The disciples became one , but not one in substance or being and not as close as a husband and wife's unity in some ways. They were united in Spirit and in Will and purpose.

That is the unity between the Father and the Son.They were separate from the begetting in the beginning and by total submission in will the Son was united with his Father.

Hi Nick:

I brought this forward to say that this is very good on the topic of unity. I needed this. Thanks.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2009,11:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2005,08:56)
    Hi,
    If I was to say to you that my foot is united with my leg you would look at me sideways and say
    “So what?”
    It would be a different story if I had just had it reattached after an accident.

If makes no sense to state that is naturally one is united. Of course if we said that the National Party is united with the Labour Party on an issue that would be news as they are certainly not one by nature.

So when Jesus says
    ” My father and I are one”
    it only makes sense because a father is not naturally one with a son. They are two. The same word “one” is used to describe the unity between man and wife “the two shall become one” as men and women are separate beings and unity beyond the physical level is a challenging process for both. They both have separate wills and life in themselves just as the Father and Son have.

Jesus also prayed that we would be “one” as he and His Father were “one”.The disciples became one , but not one in substance or being and not as close as a husband and wife's unity in some ways. They were united in Spirit and in Will and purpose.

That is the unity between the Father and the Son.They were separate from the begetting in the beginning and by total submission in will the Son was united with his Father.

Hi Nick:

I brought this forward to say that this is very good on the topic of unity.  I needed this.  Thanks.

Nick I also read the whole post on unity and found it good. Unity is not easy to come by, IMO. That is IMO you have so many divorces. There is no real unity in their marriage. Especially in today's world. Everything is glitter and the vanity of humanity shows through.
    We need to go back to basics. IMO
    Some try to do so without God and they fail miserably. With God all is possible. Thanksgiving belongs to our God.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2009,11:30)
    Hi Charity:

This is topical.

:D  

unity..is basically tradition “until further notice”  
    that is… when Jesus returns to accomplish the “final unity”
    …and sorts….
    The parable writers
    unclear trumpet sound.. those that need a smack on the hand?
    and the interrupters that took it further! that need a good clip around the ears.
    -CHARITY

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charity,
    Access to the inspiration of the writers is available now[lk11]
    There is no confusion or contradiction just tradition blocking growth.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 09 2009,04:23)
    Hi Charity,
    Access to the inspiration of the writers is available now[lk11]
    There is no confusion or contradiction just tradition blocking growth.

1Cr 14:33 For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Then the author of confusion must be that other guy who claims to know the truth and is speaking that the bible is not God's Word. How can there be unity in this?

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account