Unity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 25 2006,21:33)
    Hi,
    Was Eve in Adam as a rib?
    Were they united?
    But was not their unity more meaningful when they had become separate?
    Eph 5.31
    ” 31FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    Were they only then able to love one another?
    Jn 3.35
    “The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.”

God begat a Son. [Ps 2]

God sent His beloved monogenes Son into the world.

They loved one another and were in perfect unity with one another.

You cannot have love and unity without first being separate.

As a rib? a rib is just the assembly of chemicals according to the genetic pattern…
    And a rib is defined as to its origin by the pattern of life from which it is formed…

The life of Eve was evidently within Adam, the rib was material taken from Adam from which to derive for this life a body to give separate and individual expression and therefore identity.

And this expression of life (Eve) in a body unique and differing from Adam, yet of the same life pattern genetically – brought for both a unity and fellowship that was beforehand desired yet not accomplished.

IMHO

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 25 2006,06:27)
    The Lord has been showing me how self centered I am. I've always worked at having patience, generosity, putting others first, praying for others, caring for others, etc… but the Lord has shown me I've only been emulating the outward signs of true Godliness. To go the next step I need to die to self in a way beyond what I've been doing (more than just the daily crucifying of the flesh). I could really use everyone's prayers.

Sure ST,
    You have mine….

In Him

I wholeheartedly agree, but I feel the best way to develop this unity for us is by drawing closer to the Father. Until we do we will be focus on ourselves and see everything through our understanding, where as by Love (the kind God supplies) we will judge all things by our concern for others, giving preference in all things.

Scripture is clear that there are sins which do not lead to death and we have the ability to pray for the forgiveness for others in this area. I believe our problem is we lump everything into the mortal sin category and write people off instead of praying for their misconceptions, misunderstandings, wrong beliefs, etc. and without truly considering if we could be the one who is wrong.

Harmony of scriptures is our only test if we are in truth and does any of us believe they have all truth? Thank God, salvation is not based on having all truth but on His grace and mercy. All God requires of us is to honestly seek and in doing so the Holy Spirit can guide us into all truth.

My opinion
    Wm

Amen seekingtruth!:) :)

The Lord has been showing me how self centered I am. I've always worked at having patience, generosity, putting others first, praying for others, caring for others, etc… but the Lord has shown me I've only been emulating the outward signs of true Godliness. To go the next step I need to die to self in a way beyond what I've been doing (more than just the daily crucifying of the flesh). I could really use everyone's prayers.

You have mine too.:)

seekingtruth
    Participant

Thank you for your prayers. It's funny no matter how many times you die to self, and reap the benefits of doing so (peace, love, joy, and hope), you still cling to what's left of self. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever learn.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 26 2006,11:51)
    Thank you for your prayers. It's funny no matter how many times you die to self, and reap the benefits of doing so (peace, love, joy, and hope), you still cling to what's left of self. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever learn.

We are to love our God with our “whole” body soul and mind. The problem for me anyway is that there are areas of my life that I have not surrendered.

Does Jesus have the Whole you? Only the part that He does have will enter into heaven.

seekingtruth
    Participant

We are to love our God with our “whole” body soul and mind.  The problem for me anyway is that there are areas of my life that I have not surrendered.

At one point or the other I've surrendered everything over the last 26 years. The trouble for me is you can still pick them up and over time I find that something I had surrendered has become part of my life again which is why we need to die daily. But the Lord has shown me that many of the items I've surrendered had been nurturing self, so although self had shrunk, it was still alive and well and the source of many of my problems. I believe what God showed me is that more of self must go, if I want more of Gods Love, the two are incompatible.

Does Jesus have the Whole you?  Only the part that He does have will enter into heaven.

No I wish He did.

In a way I agree,  I've believed for years that we make of ourselves here, what we will be for eternity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Nov. 25 2006,12:09)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 25 2006,21:33)
    Hi,
    Was Eve in Adam as a rib?
    Were they united?
    But was not their unity more meaningful when they had become separate?
    Eph 5.31
    ” 31FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    Were they only then able to love one another?
    Jn 3.35
    “The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.”

God begat a Son. [Ps 2]

God sent His beloved monogenes Son into the world.

They loved one another and were in perfect unity with one another.

You cannot have love and unity without first being separate.

As a rib? a rib is just the assembly of chemicals according to the genetic pattern…
    And a rib is defined as to its origin by the pattern of life from which it is formed…

The life of Eve was evidently within Adam, the rib was material taken from Adam from which to derive for this life a body to give separate and individual expression and therefore identity.

And this expression of life (Eve) in a body unique and differing from Adam, yet of the same life pattern genetically – brought for both a unity and fellowship that was beforehand desired yet not accomplished.

IMHO

Hi Malcolm,
    God did not form woman from the dust and blow the breath of life into her as he did with Adam. Her life was derived from the life that had aleady been given to the dust of Adam. He body, soul and spirit was taken from Adam's being.

She is not identical genetically having different chromosomes created to give Adam a partner of his own being to love and work with and be loved by as one.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 26 2006,16:20)

We are to love our God with our “whole” body soul and mind.  The problem for me anyway is that there are areas of my life that I have not surrendered.

At one point or the other I've surrendered everything over the last 26 years. The trouble for me is you can still pick them up and over time I find that something I had surrendered has become part of my life again which is why we need to die daily. But the Lord has shown me that many of the items I've surrendered had been nurturing self, so although self had shrunk, it was still alive and well and the source of many of my problems. I believe what God showed me is that more of self must go, if I want more of Gods Love, the two are incompatible.

Does Jesus have the Whole you?  Only the part that He does have will enter into heaven.

No I wish He did.

In a way I agree,  I've believed for years that we make of ourselves here, what we will be for eternity.

I know exactly what you mean seekingtruth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    You say
    “In a way I agree, I've believed for years that we make of ourselves here, what we will be for eternity. “
    Do we make ourselves anything useful, or are we formed by grace and according to grace?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Nick,
    I believe we are formed by grace, but that grace is limited by us. In other words God has more that He would like to do in most peoples lives but “self” gets in the way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    But if we are reborn and walking in the Spirit the discipline of the Father removes our obstacles through pain and suffering as we are His building. Sanctification is the work of the Spirit of God so we should not be distacted by self analysis as it too can deceive.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christ had his own will but was aware of the will of God and had to submit to God and agree to God's plan.
    Thus he was not that God whose will he had to obey.

Lk 22
    42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

That submission of son to father gives them eternal unity.

We must follow him into that unity in him and in the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

For boh

I apologize to everyone I may have offended in these forums.

Please don't look at me as an example of what a JW is, I haven't been one in over 10 years.

Anyway, I'm sorry for anyone in these forums that I've upset. I'm going to get my life on track, so I will no longer be joining in on these conversations for quite some time, if ever again.

I don't want my opinions to offend anymore people, so again I apologize to all.

The complete board is back to being your's Nick……………may your efforts of spreading “your” truth bring you all the happiness you can get from it.

And to anyone on this site that bashes the witnesses, please remember this, It's not the witnesses you are bashing, but Jehovah.

And to all you “born again” Christians who love using Jesus name……..please think about this info:

God’s name is Jehovah

“We do not say that “Jehovah” is the correct pronunciation of God's name. For that matter, neither is “Jesus” the correct pronunciation of Christ's name. But according to the Aramaic language which Christ and his apostles spoke, his name was pronounced “Yeshu'a”……. But “Jesus” is only our colloquial way of pronouncing his name, and we do not find fault with you for using it instead of Yeshu'a.

It might be added here what the meaning of the Son of God's name “Jesus” is, whilst he dwelt on earth as a man, as used by all translations. According to Weymouth this name means “Jehovah is Salvation.”(The New Testament in Modern Speech, ftnote 21 under Matthew 1:21.) He is entirely right. So every time anyone uses this name, Jesus, (which is not the original pronunciation of it in the 1st century) he is using and supporting a form of The Divine Name JEHOVAH

“Those who reject the English “Jehovah” and insist on using the Hebrew pronunciation[Yahweh] would do well to ask themselves why they say “Jesus Christ,” when that was not the way his name was pronounced in Hebrew. That is the English way, derived from the Greek language. In Hebrew, Jesus would be closer to “Yehshua” and Christ would be “Mash'edahh.” So, as we say “Jesus Christ” in the English language, we also say “Jehovah,” both being correct when speaking English.”

I again apologize to everyone I may have offended….

My only request was that you quit arguing over stupid stuff, and focus on the more important issues in these last days, but even I can't seem to stop arguing, so I'm bowing out to go do what I know I need to do to get my life back on track.

There's no need to respond to my messages anymore, because I'm now saying good buy to you all…………….

May all of your searches for “truth” bring you to what it is you are searching for.

Peace to all….I'm out!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Unity means nothing if God is a binity or a trinity. Who gets excited about unity within one being?
    If that was the case there would be no
    son of God
    but rather
    God the Son.
    Scripture is very clear from the highest possible sources that the first option is the truth and the second option an unhelpful human addition.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You said in another thread.
    “My wife and I are “One” flesh, but two different persons.

Humanity is “One” but, made up of many humans.

The Body of Christ is One, but made up of many members.

I am Spirit, Soul and Body, but I am one man.

An atom is One, but made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons.

The universe is One, but made up of billions of planets and star systems.

So we see that there are many possibly thousands of examples of “plurality in One””

Is this what UNITY means to you?

You were separate from your wife and you now have an agreed UNITY.

Can you understand the same is true of Christ and His Father?

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi

I like this topic. UNITY. Oh, and Well Said Nick. *clap clap clap*

Hugs
    Phoenix

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account