Understanding the Holy Spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Are you surprised that God's Spirit is of God?
    That leaves two.
    One is our God and the other our Lord.

Yes thats Good…. happy with all that
    Now continue with all those other scriptures that you wish to use to ground your faith.

Charity

You mean like these!

NKJV
    IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NLT
    In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God.

NIV
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

ESV
    NASB

RSV

ASV

YLT
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

Darbys
    In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Websters

HNV

I Jn 5:20

KJV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal

NKJV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

NLT
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

NIV
    We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true–even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

ESV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life

NASB
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

RSV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

ASV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Isa. 9:6
    KJV
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NLT
    For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor,* Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

NIV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

ESV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon* his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

NASB
    For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

RSV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

ASV
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Charity is this enough evidence or do I need to post more.

Deut 19:15
    One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Isaiah and John are credible witnesses.

But I can list others like Paul and Peter and Matt and even Jesus and the Father.

Jesus is God, One with the Father and the Spirit.

And so it is written!
    :O

david
    Participant

WJ

Read it again. The Holy Ghost spoke Jer 31:33. :O

Acts 28:
    25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

The holy spirit “spake” by means of Isaiah (Esais).
    The holy spirit was not speaking literally. No voice of the holy spirit was heard. He spoke by means of Isaiah.

david
    Participant

The Holy Spirits name is also Jehovah.

Compare
    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH) : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

“Person” says, by means of his penman: “This is the covenant I will make…”

Later, we find these words:

…the penman also is a witness to us: for after that he [who is he?] had said before,
    “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days,” said “Person”

Notice the penman is quoting the “person.” This in no way shows that the penman is the same as the person. He's saying something, yes. He's saying and telling us what the “person” said.

We often find the word “I” with reference to Jesus and Jehovah. The holy spirit, God's holy spirit never says that. He didn't say: This is what “I” said. He never ever uses that word.

Here, he is quoting, no doubt through someone, he's quoting the hebrew scriptures where Jehovah said something.

charity
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 17 2007,06:42)

Now continue with all those other scriptures that you wish to use to ground your faith.

Charity

You mean like these!

NKJV

NLT

NIV

ESV
    NASB

RSV

ASV

YLT

Darbys
    In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Websters

HNV

KJV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal

NKJV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

NLT
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

NIV
    We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true–even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

ESV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life

NASB
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

RSV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

ASV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

KJV
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NLT
    For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor,* Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

NIV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

ESV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon* his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

NASB
    For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

RSV
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

ASV
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

But I can list others like Paul and Peter and Matt and even Jesus and the Father.

And so it is written!

I luv ya WorshippingJesus :D

Hey Datts Way Way tooooo Angry

Morning Star
    Participant

WJ,

Does Is. 9:6 mean what you think it means?

Recorded in Judges 13 is the story of Samson's parents being notified of his impending birth by the Angel of the LORD. Manoah, Samson's father, did not realize that the one who foretold the birth of his son was the Angel (Judges 13:16). He asked the Angel of the LORD what his name was, so that they might honor him when his prophecy came true. The Angel's answer is very revealing, if understood correctly:

JUDGES 13:18 And the Angel of Jehovah said to him, Why do you ask this about My name? Yea, it is Wonderful. (A Literal Translation of the Bible)

The Angel of YHVH answered Manoah by saying that his name was “Wonderful.” When we compare the Angel's answer to the prophecy of the coming Messiah recorded in Isaiah 9:6, the similarities are striking:

ISAIAH 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (NKJV)

The name the Angel gave Manoah is one of the names prophesied to be applied to Yeshua the Messiah. By itself, this could simply be discounted as a coincidence. However, In the first century C.E., the Greek translation of the Old Testament known as the Septuagint (LXX) was widely used by Greek-speaking Jews. In the LXX, this same verse is rendered somewhat differently:

ISAIAH 9:6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger [aggelos] of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. (Brenton's LXX)

As you can see, the Septuagint calls the coming Messiah the “Aggelos (Angel) of Great Counsel.” Both the Hebrew and Greek versions of this verse link the coming Messiah to the Angel of the LORD. The evidence is substantial that the Angel of the LORD and Yeshua the Messiah are one and the same!

6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus is Wonderful.
    Jesus was the Angel of the Lord.
    Jesus is a Mighty God as the unique Son of God
    Jesus is the Father of the new everlasting covenant. As Abraham and Moses before him.
    Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

david
    Participant

While I agree with you, I believe most on here would find issue with this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 17 2007,06:42)

Charity

You mean like these!

NKJV

NLT

NIV

ESV
    NASB

RSV

ASV

YLT

Darbys

Websters

HNV

KJV

NKJV

NLT

NIV

ESV

NASB

RSV

ASV

KJV

NLT

NIV

ESV

NASB

RSV

ASV

And so it is written!

Hi W,
    God is always one with the Spirit that proceeds from Him.
    God has become one with the Son who had proceeded from him.
    Remember Jesus is the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Morning Star @ Jan. 17 2007,07:06)
    WJ,

Recorded in Judges 13 is the story of Samson's parents being notified of his impending birth by the Angel of the LORD. Manoah, Samson's father, did not realize that the one who foretold the birth of his son was the Angel (Judges 13:16). He asked the Angel of the LORD what his name was, so that they might honor him when his prophecy came true. The Angel's answer is very revealing, if understood correctly:

JUDGES 13:18 And the Angel of Jehovah said to him, Why do you ask this about My name? Yea, it is Wonderful. (A Literal Translation of the Bible)

The Angel of YHVH answered Manoah by saying that his name was “Wonderful.” When we compare the Angel's answer to the prophecy of the coming Messiah recorded in Isaiah 9:6, the similarities are striking:

ISAIAH 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (NKJV)

The name the Angel gave Manoah is one of the names prophesied to be applied to Yeshua the Messiah. By itself, this could simply be discounted as a coincidence. However, In the first century C.E., the Greek translation of the Old Testament known as the Septuagint (LXX) was widely used by Greek-speaking Jews. In the LXX, this same verse is rendered somewhat differently:

ISAIAH 9:6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger [aggelos] of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. (Brenton's LXX)

As you can see, the Septuagint calls the coming Messiah the “Aggelos (Angel) of Great Counsel.” Both the Hebrew and Greek versions of this verse link the coming Messiah to the Angel of the LORD. The evidence is substantial that the Angel of the LORD and Yeshua the Messiah are one and the same!

to us a son is given,
          And he will be called

Jesus is Wonderful.
    Jesus is the Father of the new everlasting covenant. As Abraham and Moses before him.

Hi MS,
    The angels were created through the monogenes Son.
    Hebrews disinguishes him very clearly from these messengers.
    Wonderful is an adjective.

Morning Star
    Participant

Jesus was not a seraphim or a cherbim

He was the monogenes son of God appearing as a “messenger”.

Angel is not a species it is the title of Godly messengers. Like mail men.

King James is Good to see this happen
    even 30,000 changes in only the new testment alone from KJV TO NVKJV INLIGHTNING as they move into the Days of total darkness

Charity

Consider this….

Why did the early churches of the 2 nd and 3rd centuries and all the Protestant Reformers of the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries choose Textus Receptus in preference to the Minority Text?
    The answer is because:

Textus Receptus is based on the vast majority (90%) of the 5000+ Greek manuscripts in existence. That is why it is also called the Majority Text.
    Textus Receptus is not mutilated with deletions, additions and amendments, as is the Minority Text.
    Textus Receptus agrees with the earliest versions of the Bible: Peshitta (AD150) Old Latin Vulgate (AD157), the Italic Bible (AD157) etc. These Bibles were produced some 200 years before the minority Egyptian codices favoured by the Roman Church. Remember this vital point.
    Textus Receptus agrees wih the vast majority of the 86,000+ citations from scripture by the early church fathers.
    Textus Receptus is untainted with Egyptian philosophy and unbelief.
    Textus Receptus strongly upholds the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith: the creation account in Genesis, the divinity of Jesus Christ, the virgin birth, the Saviour's miracles, his bodily resurrection, his literal return and the cleansing power of his blood!
    Textus Receptus was – and still is – the enemy of the Roman Church. This is an important fact to bear in mind.
    Reverend Gipp comments further: Quote:  “The Majority Text has been known throughout history by several names. It has been known as the Byzantine text, the Imperial Text, the Traditional Text and the Reformation Text as well as the Majority Text. This text culminates in the TEXTUS RECEPTUS or Received Text which is the basis for the King James Bible, which we know also as the Authorized Version….We describe this text with the term “Universal,” because it represents the majority of extant MSS which represent the original autographs. Professor Hodges of Dallas Theological Seminary explains, “The manuscript of an ancient book will, under any but the most exceptional conditions, multiply in a reasonable regular fashion with the result that the copies nearest the autograph will normally have the largest number of descendants.” (Ref:B3)

Source

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/sbs777/vital/kjv/part1-3.html

david
    Participant

In Nick's mind, angel is a species and it is completely unthinkable that Jesus could be termed an angel. It's so impossible, there is no point in trying to have this conversation with him. I've done it. Others have done it. I guess it's now your turn.

david

david
    Participant

Source

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/sbs777/vital/kjv/part1-3.html

NOt that I read any of it, but while trying to do research on a variety of topics, I have found that whenever the website's title is in bright pink, avoid it.
    I've found this over and over again, when trying to find the truth on a variety of unbiblical subjects.

The holy spirit was not speaking literally. No voice of the holy spirit was heard. He spoke by means of Isaiah.

David

What is the difference its the Holy Spirit speaking. ???

luv ya WorshippingJesus

Hey Datts Way Way tooooo Angry

Charity

No anger. Just scripture!

Believe the scriptures my dear sister! :)

NOt that I read any of it, but while trying to do research on a variety of topics, I have found that whenever the website's title is in bright pink, avoid it.
    I've found this over and over again, when trying to find the truth on a variety of unbiblical subjects.

David

What are you afraid of? The truth? ???

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 17 2007,07:28)

The holy spirit was not speaking literally.  No voice of the holy spirit was heard.  He spoke by means of Isaiah.

David

What is the difference its the Holy Spirit speaking. ???

Exactly. A “force” cannot speak, nor can it be described as having a mind, or a will etc etc…..

WJ,

to us a son is given,
         And he will be called

Jesus is Wonderful.

MS

I have no quarrel that Yeshua, Jesus is a messenger!

But if you are saying he is of the same ontological substance of the Angels of God like Gabriel, I would say NO.

Heb. 1:2-6
    Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
    Being made so much **better than the angels**, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus is far greater in nature than Angels, after all he is their creator! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Morning Star @ Jan. 17 2007,07:19)
    Jesus was not a seraphim or a cherbim

He was the monogenes son of God appearing as a “messenger”.

Hi MS,
    The Son of God is greater than all beings under God.
    Scripture never calls Jesus an angel of any type so you are on your own there,
    Hebrews defines the difference where the Spirit contrasts Jesus with angels.
    If he was one of them how could he be contrasted with them?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2007,07:55)
    Hebrews defines the difference where the Spirit contrasts Jesus with angels.
    If he was one of them how could he be contrasted with them?

Very good point. The first chapter of Hebrews is an apologetic work in which the writer demonstrates the absolute supremacy of Christ. The fact that he is a greater being than the “Hosts of Heaven” is a given…..

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account