Understanding the Holy Spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

The Spirit of God is the Spirit of God, and not another person in God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Try this one KT

NickHassan
    Participant

and another A7

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2 Corinthians 3:17
    “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Rom 8
    “9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.”

So there is unity between Christ and God and us in the Spirit of the Lord.

1Cor 11
    “3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

God is Lord of Christ and us.
    Christ is our Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

The Spirit of God is the Spirit of God, and not another person in God.

That's not what the Bible says.

The Holy Spirit is a Person:

a.    He performs personal actions in association with other persons: Matthew 28:19; Acts 15:28;
                  Revelation 22:17 – NB The Holy Spirit is a separate person from the Father and Jesus – Matthew
                  28:19 etc.

b.Takes the place of Jesus: John 14:16. Could an impersonal force take the place of the Divine Jesus on earth?

c.The Greek word translated “Comforter,” “Helper,” or similar here is parakletos. This New Testament Greek word is never applied to other than persons.

d.In John chapters 14-16 Jesus deliberately broke the rules of Greek Grammar and referred to the Holy Spirit as “He,” “Him,” etc.   We must either accept that Jesus did this in order to make it clear to us that the Holy Spirit is a Person, or, we have to accept that our perfect Jesus made a number of uncharacteristic blunders.

e.He exhibits qualities which evidence personal existence: Mind – Romans 8:27; 1 Corinthians 2:10, Will – 1 Corinthians 12:11, Foreknowledge – John 16:13, He speaks – Acts 1:16, Commands and Forbids – Acts 8:29; 11:12; 13:2, 4; (In these verses just mentions He refers to Himself as “me” and “I.” If this was not a Person speaking then language doesn’t mean anything anymore); 16:6, 7; 10:19, 20, Appoints – Acts 20:28, Vexed and Grieved – Isaiah 63:10; Ephesians 4:30, Works Miracles – Acts 2:4; 8:39, Can be insulted – Hebrews 10:29, Blasphemed – Mark 3:29, Loves us – Romans 15:30.

The Holy Spirit is God:

Most, even those who deny the personality of the Holy Spirit, will admit that He is God in some way.

a.He is clearly referred to as God: Acts 5:3, 4.

b.Compare 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17 with 6:19 and also 2 Corinthians 6:16.
          Compare 1 Corinthians 12:11 with 12:28.

c.The Holy Spirit is Yahweh: Compare Jeremiah 31:33, 34  with   Hebrews 10:15-17.
               “      Psalm 95:7-11         with   Hebrews 3:7-11.
               “      Isaiah 6:9, 10          with   Acts 28:25-28.
               “      2 Samuel 23:2         with   2 Samuel 23:3.

.       The Holy Spirit is Eternal: Hebrews 9:14.

It is quite ridiculous really to say that the Holy Spirit is just the spiritual presence of the Father or the Son or of both. At the baptism of Jesus the Three were manifested there. The Father spoke from heaven, Jesus was in the water being baptized, and the Holy Spirit came down upon Jesus like a dove. The Father and Jesus needed no spiritual presence of any third party. Remember too the baptismal formula Jesus gave at Matthew 28:19 – “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

Blind Freddy can surely see that there are Three Persons in the Heavenly Trio.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Do you worship the Holy Spirit?
    Do you pray TO the Holy Spirit?

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is the God of Israel

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

You can worship the Holy Spirit for He is God.

Rev 22:9  worship God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is your Almighty Creator.

Job 33:4  The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is Jehovah

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Of course, the Spirit of God is the Spirit of God and God in heaven does all His works in His creation by His Spirit.

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is the God of Heaven.
    Look some more.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    The Spirit wrote all of scripture, through men.

Cult Buster
    Participant

WHY DO YOU RESIST THE TRUTH?

Look some more. This time try opening your eyes.

God the Holy Spirit.

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

The Holy Ghost (God) Himself is speaking. Understand the grammar.

Hear what the Holy Ghost is saying to you.

Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,..      :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Did you not know the Spirit of God speaks through men? Your finger can do your work too.

Cult Buster
    Participant

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Zec 7:11  But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.    :O

david
    Participant

2Sa 23:1 Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

2Sa 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

You can worship the Holy Spirit for He is God.

Rev 22:9 worship God.

CB, I think you've been proven wrong on this on 14 other threads already.
    Your complete utter failure in answering my questions or actually conversing with anyone on this is testimony to that fact.

And as far as what you say in this post, nowhere in scripture is the holy spirit worshiped.
    The Jews certainly never worshiped the spirit of God and certainly didn't consider it a person.

I didn't know anyone could be this wrong, and so obviously so.

david

Cult Buster
    Participant

David when you worship God (Elohiym) your worship goes also to the Holy Spirit because He is part of Elohiym the Godhead also known as Jehovah.

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Yhovah) our God (Elohiym-Plural) is one LORD  (Yhovah):

Elohiym
    gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God;

Mark 12:29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord (Kurios) our God  (Theos) is one Lord (Kurios):

Jesus here in Mark 12:29  is obviously referring to Deut 6:4
    Note that Theos  is used in the place of  Elohym which is plural. Therefore Theos can be used in the context of the Godhead by Jesus’ own use of the phrase.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods (Elohiym) before me.
    Again Elohiym is used to indicate plurality.

Consider:

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God (Elohiym-Plural)  created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:26   And God (Elohiym-Plural)   said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

In these two verses Elohiym is the Godhead.

These reference to Elohiym are to the Supreme God, not pagan gods or magistrates.

Let's see how you dance around this one again with your JW tactics.

david
    Participant

Let's see how you dance around this one again with your JW tactics.

First, your methods are dishonourable. This is a fallacy of reasoning, and you are using false logic to meet your aims. Please see the “five common fallacies” thread. (Just do a search on the word “fallacies”)
    Whenever someone realized they can't actually have an actual conversation, based on scripture, they start mudd slinging, throwing out all they can. They go 'off topic,' to try to prove themselves right by other means. Please don't stoop to that level.

These reference to Elohiym are to the Supreme God, not pagan gods or magistrates.

And?

I'm sorry. What are you trying to prove here?

You do say this, which I find interesting:

David when you worship God (Elohiym) your worship goes also to the Holy Spirit

Let's just assume that's true for a moment. Let's assume that the holy spirit is a person who along with God, as a part of God, is deserving of worship.
    Then why are we not told to worship the holy spirit?
    Why did the Jews not worship it?
    Why did the early Christians not worship it?
    Why is there no indication of this?
    DID THEY JUST NOT GET IT?
    In the Bible, there are statments about worshiping Jehovah. That's, because this is something that we should do. It's important. So, it's in the bible.
    If we are to worship God's holy spirit, why no mention of it?
    At the very least, it's something that wasn't important enough to mention.
    AND IF THAT'S THE CASE, If worshiping the holy spirit which is supposed to be part of a triune God isn't important enough to mention, maybe there's a reason for that.

david

Now, you'll call what I did “dancing.” Yet, you won't answer one of my questions. And I'm not dancing around your scriptures above, because I have no idea what you're trying to prove through them. I'm simply asking you questions about your statements.

Please answer them. Or proceed to put on your tap shoes.

david

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

Then why are we not told to worship the holy spirit?
    Why did the Jews not worship it?

The Jews were worshipping the Holy Spirit when they worshipped Elohiym or Jehovah.

The Holy Spirits name is also Jehovah.

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

This is the Holy Spirit (Jehovah) actually speaking. Not this finger of God stuff propagated on this forum.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account