Understanding Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 559 total)
  • Author
    georg
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 03 2009,01:06)
    Ed J

I think Paul would have liked to know that.

Rom 7:14   For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  

Rom 7:15   For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  

Rom 7:16   If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.  

Rom 7:17   Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  

Rom 7:18   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.  

Rom 7:19   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  

Rom 7:20   Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  

Rom 7:21   I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  

Rom 7:22   For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  

Rom 7:23   But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  

Rom 7:24   O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  

Rom 7:25   I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  

The fact is, we are all sinners, and we all do sin; the difference is, as believers we also know that God will forgive us if we confess our sins and try harder to resist temptation.

Georg

Georg: If you don't believe that Jesus has taken away your sin, then you are in sin! If you believe that Jesus has cleansed you of your sin (John15:3) then you are clean. If you read John17:17 you are sanctified by the words of Jesus. If you don't believe that, you are not.
    You said a record of a persons actions speaks volumes of their righteousness. Are you saying then that you are righteous by actions? We both know our only chance at righteousness is by faith is what Jesus said and did!
    Perfection in Christ means that he cleansed me and made me whole apart from anything I could do. I believe in his power to cleanse me. By believing in him I am the righteousness of God through Christ. NOT BY MY ACTIONS OR WORKS!! Since Abraham righteousness has been by faith.
    To stop sinning one must believe he is cleansed and no longer in sin. To stop sinning, stop believing you are sinning!
    We are clean, righteous, and sanctified through Jesus BY FAITH not by actions. TK[/quote]

———————————————————–

TK

Jesus came to take away the sins of the world, but it is not automatic. We have to work on our faults and try to overcome them, that too is not automatic.
    Why would John say this if it were not true.

1Jo 1:8   If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  

Are you telling me you're right, and he is wrong?
    The seed of God (his Holy Spirit) keeps us from deliberate and careless sinning, but sinning we do, and when we do, this is what we have to do.

1Jo 1:9   If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you insist on believing what you believe, here is what John says.

1Jo 1:10   If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If you don't believe these scriptures you're not hurting my feelings.
    We are sanctified (set apart) by the word of God, and cleansed by the blood (sacrifice) of Christ, and saved by faith in Christ; you're right on that.
    I think you are quoting some one else; “a record of a persons action speak volumes of their righteousness.”

Georg

georg
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 03 2009,03:28)

Quote (georg @ Nov. 02 2009,20:48)
    Ed J

I think Paul would have liked to know that.

Rom 7:14   For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  

Rom 7:15   For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  

Rom 7:16   If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that [it is] good.  

Rom 7:17   Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  

Rom 7:18   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.  

Rom 7:19   For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  

Rom 7:20   Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  

Rom 7:21   I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  

Rom 7:22   For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  

Rom 7:23   But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  

Rom 7:24   O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  

Rom 7:25   I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  

The fact is, we are all sinners, and we all do sin; the difference is, as believers we also know that God will forgive us if we confess our sins and try harder to resist temptation.

Georg

You quote Romans Chapter 7 very well, a book written to unbelieving sinners,that Paul chooses to identify with; compare with 1 Cor. 9:22.

“To the weak became I as weak (as to the Roman sinners), that I might gain the weak:
    I am made all things to all [men], THAT I MIGHT BY ALL MEANS SAVE SOME.”

Does this verse mean that Paul does that saving? Of course not; YÄ is “The Savior”=117.

But go to the book of Hebrews, a book written to believers.
    Hebrews 11:40: “God having provided some better thing for us, THAT THEY (sinners)
    WITHOUT US (believers) SHOULD NOT BE MADE PERFECT.

My goal is to teach sinners how to be cleansed from all unrighteousness; not to tell
    them they are hopelessly perpetually stuck therein.

Are you telling people that God only forgives people in your “Visible Organization”?

With God all things are possible (even to stop sinning).
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J

Apparently you just grab't a scripture that looked right for you, go back and see what Heb. 11 is talking about.
    You also say that the book of Hebrews was written to believers; did you know that the Israelites were once called Hebrews?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 03 2009,16:09)
    Ed J

Apparently you just grab't a scripture that looked right for you, go back and see what Heb. 11 is talking about.
    You also say that the book of Hebrews was written to believers; did you know that the Israelites were once called Hebrews?

Georg

Hi Georg,

What does the beginning of Hebrews 11 have to do with any of this?
    How does the Israelites being called Hebrews have any connection with this?
    Apparently you just grab't a scripture that looked right for you.

Lining Scripture up correctly is the only thing that can bring real growth in a believer.

Go back to Hebrews Chapter 10:1 The law of ordinances can never with those sacrifices
    Which they offered year by year make the comers thereunto PERFECT. ‘The law’
    (of ordinances) was done away with, NOT “The 10 Commandments”.

Progressing to Hebrews 10:16: “This [is] the covenant that I (Holy Spirit) will make with
    them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put MY LAWS (The 10 Commandments) into
    their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;”

Once this is done they are a new creation (or creature) 2Cor.5:17; “Therefore if any man
    be in Christ,[he] is a new creature: old things (sin) are passed away; behold, all things
    are become new.”

This is why Hebrews 11:40 says: “God having provide some better thing for us that they (sinners)
    without us ((the New Man)) should not be made PERFECT. They need believers (known as the New Man)
    to help show them how to become perfect; according to the verse.

We should all help those in their quest for perfection; because it is attainable.

God bless
    Ed J

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 03 2009,13:44)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 02 2009,15:17)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 02 2009,17:44)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 01 2009,21:45)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,15:30)
    Ed J: Wow I am amazed at what I am reading. I've known the law was fulfilled, completed, and done away with for years. Please understand, the law and the old covenant were functioning up untill John the Baptist. John was teaching the masses of the New way that was comming. The day of the Lord. The sabbath rest was in Jesus. This is the sabbath day. This is the end of the old religious world. They were in sin. Baptism is a symbolic washing away of sin. A new creature in Chirt. A new creation is come. God, the father the son and the holy spirit will now dwell INSIDE human beings. This is the Gospel. This is the good news. A New Covenant built on better promises. Repent, turn around from the old temple worship way that you are going, the NewWay is here. Jesus the Christ is about to manifest to us the New Covenant of God. THE OLD IS FINISHED, THE OLD IS DONE AWAY, THE OLD IS OVER. THIS INCLUDES THE LAW. Jesus didn't come to stay in the law but to fulfill it.(lood up the word translated abolish its the same word used later when they were seeking lodging. He said he did not come to stay in, lodge in or remain in the law) If you are still under the law you are a dead man walking. This is New Covenant 101! The New way, true way to God is within the individual. The Kingdom is within. This was the message of Jesus the Christ. God Bless you, TK

So you think the word “fulfilled means “done away”? Thats funny.

Matthew 5:17-19 (King James Version)
    17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, till all be [DONE AWAY] (fulfilled).
    18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1) Think not – He is telling you not to think what your'e thinking!

2) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: – He is saying he is NOT coming to destroy the LAW or the PROPHETS!

3) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, – TWICE! He is telling you he is NOT destroying the LAW or the PROPHETS, TWICE!

Now comes the line where you say he has done away with the law:

4) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, till all be fulfilled. – Now he told you TWICE so far he has NOT come to DESTROY the LAW or the PROPHETS, how can “FULFILLED” possibly mean to “DESTROY,” or be “DONE AWAY” with? He is telling you NOT to THINK that!

5) For verily [amēn] I say unto you, – He is telling YOU TRUTH!

Amēn – Firm, surely, truly, of a truth, so it is, so be it.

6) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, – Now he is sayinh until heaven and earth PASS AWAY! From now UNTIL the end of time.

7) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass [parerchomai] from the law, – NOT the SMALLEST LETTER or LINE shall PERISH from the LAW!

Parerchomai – To pass away, perish, to pass by (pass over), that is, to neglect, omit, (transgress).

THREE TIMES he tells you in TWO VERSES, THREE TIMES! That the LAW is NOT DESTROYED, DONE AWAY, PERISHED, ABOLISHED, etc. And you insist it is. Jesus with his own words, and you deny them, and you even teach people it is so! Beware of the next verse, he is talking about those who teach what you teach!

Hey Con: You might want to look up the word “destroy” and see that it means, I didn't come to stay or lodge in the law but to fulfill. Its the same greek word that that was used when the disciples went “to find lodging”.Jesus did not abolish the law, he fulfilled it Matt5:17. The law was added until the seed should come (Jesus) Gal. 3:19. The law could not make one perfect. Why would a New Covenant be needed that couldn't do more than the law?
    Not a jot or tittle did pass until the law was fulfilled—
    Whosoever shall do and teach the law shall be called great in the Kingdom. (The least in the Kingdom is the greatest)
    The law cannot make one perfect. The words of Jesus/God can. You choose, but if you follow the law follow the whole law!! TK

“to lodge,”  is used two times, see Luk 9:12 and Luk 19:7.

It is not used for lodging in Matt 5:17

Matthew 5:17 is  Verb, Strong's Number: 2647, Greek: kataluo: Destroy, Destroyer, Destruction, Destructive.

Not nice to try and be deceptive.

Hey Con: ENJOY THE LAW YOU ARE UNDER. Sadly you can never be perfected under that law. It was your choice! TK

georg
    Participant

Ed J

Heb. 11 is by most preachers referred to as the faith chapter because, Paul mentions all the men and woman of old who died in faith “not” having received the promise yet. Meaning, they are still in their graves; should not be made perfect meaning, would not be resurrected before the saints.
    All the books of Paul are letters written to believers.
    The ten commandments were part of the covenant, the Law. The Law required you to “do” certain things or “not” to do certain things, if you did not, you broke a law. Jesus changed all that; he made it clear that, if you love God you honor and respect him every day, not just one day of the week. He made it clear that if you love your neighbor you don't do him any hurt whatsoever, not even by thought.
    Heb. 10:16 is referring to the covenant God will make with all mankind when Jesus begins to rule, in the millennium. Every body will then understand the word of God.

Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

This, you will agree, is not happening now, because then, you wont have to choose between denominations, or religions.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 03 2009,21:49)
    Ed J

Heb. 11 is by most preachers referred to as the faith chapter because, Paul mentions all the men and woman of old who died in faith “not” having received the promise yet. Meaning, they are still in their graves; should not be made perfect meaning, would not be resurrected before the saints.
    All the books of Paul are letters written to believers.
    The ten commandments were part of the covenant, the Law. The Law required you to “do” certain things or “not” to do certain things, if you did not, you broke a law. Jesus changed all that; he made it clear that, if you love God you honor and respect him every day, not just one day of the week. He made it clear that if you love your neighbor you don't do him any hurt whatsoever, not even by thought.
    Heb. 10:16 is referring to the covenant God will make with all mankind when Jesus begins to rule, in the millennium. Every body will then understand the word of God.

Hab 2:14   For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  

This, you will agree, is not happening now, because then, you wont have to choose between denominations, or religions.

Georg

Hi Georg.

Heb. 11 is by most preachers referred to as the faith chapter because, Paul mentions all the men and woman of old who died in faith “not” having received the promise yet.
    Meaning, they are still in their graves; should not be made perfect meaning, would not be resurrected before the saints.

Does this mean that you believe you have to wait until you have a resurrected body to be perfect?

All the books of Paul are letters written to believers. The ten commandments were part of the covenant, the Law.
    The Law required you to “do” certain things or “not” to do certain things, if you did not, you broke a law.

Does this mean that you believe that “The 10 Commandments” are only merely part of the
    first covenant (Testament), done away with the new covenant (Testament)?

Jesus changed all that; he made it clear that, if you love God you honor and respect him every day, not just one day of the week.
    He made it clear that if you love your neighbor you don't do him any hurt whatsoever, not even by thought.

Did you even read my earlier post? I explain this issue in great detail!

Hab 2:14   For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.  

Does this mean that everybody has to wait for their resurrected body’s (as do you) to be perfect?

I do agree that it is NOT happing now because of people like what you call ‘denominations’
    or ‘religions’ all think they have all truth and are unwilling to listen to the truths that others
    hold, always discounting them as irrelevant to their particular brand of truth; this also applies
    to you Georg. Take the time to see truth in others and earth truly shall be filled
    with the knowledge of the glory of “The LORD” (YHVH), as the waters cover the sea.  

Confusion is everybody’s enemy, and confusion is propagated by ignoring truth.
    People are destroyed for lack of knowledge and because they choose to reject it. (Hosea 6:8)

Lies and deceptions are perpetuated when evidences that substantiate the truth are ignored, or left un-investigated.  
    It’s better to consider new information rather than to precipitately reject it; this the AKJV Bible labels as folly. (Prob. 18:13)

God bless
    Ed J

georg
    Participant

Ed J

You ask?

“Does this mean that you believe you have to wait until you have a resurrected body to be perfect?”

To be made perfect is a reference to the first resurrection, meaning, the saints who will be resurrected with a spirit body.
    Now, if you were to apply this question to the rest of us, I would say to be made perfect is to stop sinning, and that will not begin to happen until Satan is put away, at the beginning of the millennium.

You ask?

“Does this mean that you believe that “The 10 Commandments” are only merely part of the
    first covenant (Testament), done away with the new covenant (Testament)?”

The entire OT was done away, the ordinances, the sacrifices, the priesthood, and the commandments. However, not the intent of the “ten” commandments. Is not the intent of the “ten” commandments to “love” God and your neighbor? Did not Jesus say he did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it? How did Jesus fulfill the law? He loved, obeyed and honored God all the time, he loved us all the way to the cross, love is the fulfilling of the law.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I said this;
    Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

and you ask this?

“Does this mean that everybody has to wait for their resurrected body’s (as do you) to be perfect?”

Every body has to wait till Jesus begins to reign as king, and Satan is put away, and we all learn not to sin. To be made perfect does not mean becoming a spirit being, we all have to be become perfect to live in God's kingdom.
    It is Satan's deception that causes confusion, not to mention by those that call themselves “ministers” of God, and have no truth or understanding at all but do it for profit; even Paul knew, that that would happen, but the important thing was, that even through those ministers, Christ was preached.

Phl 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Phl 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Phl 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

Phl 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

When Jesus begins to reign, only the truth of the “true gospel” will be preached.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,16:25)
    Ed J

You ask?

“Does this mean that you believe you have to wait until you have a resurrected body to be perfect?”

To be made perfect is a reference to the first resurrection, meaning, the saints who will be resurrected with a spirit body.
    Now, if you were to apply this question to the rest of us, I would say to be made perfect is to stop sinning, and that will not begin to happen until Satan is put away, at the beginning of the millennium.

You ask?

“Does this mean that you believe that “The 10 Commandments” are only merely part of the
    first covenant (Testament), done away with the new covenant (Testament)?”

The entire OT was done away, the ordinances, the sacrifices, the priesthood, and the commandments. However, not the intent of the “ten” commandments. Is not the intent of the “ten” commandments to “love” God and your neighbor? Did not Jesus say he did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it? How did Jesus fulfill the law? He loved, obeyed and honored God all the time, he loved us all the way to the cross, love is the fulfilling of the law.

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.  

I said this;

and you ask this?

“Does this mean that everybody has to wait for their resurrected body’s (as do you) to be perfect?”

Every body has to wait till Jesus begins to reign as king, and Satan is put away, and we all learn not to sin. To be made perfect does not mean becoming a spirit being, we all have to be become perfect to live in God's kingdom.
    It is Satan's deception that causes confusion, not to mention by those that call themselves “ministers” of God, and have no truth or understanding at all but do it for profit; even Paul knew, that that would happen, but the important thing was, that even through those ministers, Christ was preached.

Phl 1:15   Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:  

Phl 1:16   The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:  

Phl 1:17   But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.  

Phl 1:18   What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.  

When Jesus begins to reign, only the truth of the “true gospel” will be preached.

Georg

Why don't you stop sinning now?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://wwwholycitybiblecode.org

georg
    Participant

Ed J

I do try, and I do a lot better then when I first started reading the bible, but I do know this, I can't stop completely as long as Satan is around.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,16:48)
    Ed J

I do try, and I do a lot better then when I first started reading the bible, but I do know this, I can't stop completely as long as Satan is around.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Sure you can. What are you going to do when Rev.20:7 occurs? Start to sin again?

Ed J

georg
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 04 2009,19:27)

Ed J

Georg

Hi Georg,

Sure you can. What are you going to do when Rev.20:7 occurs? Start to sin again?

Ed J

Ed J

Are you trying to tell me that you have?
    I have a scripture for you if you do.

1Jo 1:8   If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  

1Jo 1:10   If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  

You should really think about these scriptures, as for Rev. 20:7, the next verse tell you that millions will do exactly that. I however think, that this will be a test for all those that were born during the millennium and never experienced the deceiving power of Satan.

Georg

Ps, what is the reason for you putting up that website on the bottom each time?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 05 2009,01:18)
    Ed J

You should really think about these scriptures, as for Rev. 20:7, the next verse tell you that millions will do exactly that. I however think, that this will be a test for all those that were born during the millennium and never experienced the deceiving power of Satan.

Georg

A progression away from the old sinful nature:

1John has a progression away from sin. Starting at 1John 1:8:
    “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves”…
    Sinners practice sin!

Progressing to 1John 3:9: “Whoever is born of God does not commit sin;
    For his seed remainith in him: and he cannot sin (AS A USUAL PRACTICE),
    because he is borne of God.”
    Practice of sin diminishes!

Finishing in 1John 5:18: “We know that whosoever is borne of God SINNETH NOT;
    But he that is begotten of God keepeth (GUARDS) himself,
    and that wicked one (Satan) toucheth him not.
    All sinning STOPS; fulfilling Matt. 5:44!

The Bible as Well as each individual book in it should be understood as a whole; not by ‘preconceived religious dogmas’.

The reason I put the website up every time is for people like you, who sometimes only read one entry I write.

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.com

georg
    Participant

Ed J

Don't you get dizzy from all the spinning?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 05 2009,11:41)
    Ed J

Don't you get dizzy from all the spinning?

Georg

Hi Georg,

When people have a weak position, they sometimes resort to name-calling; that is quite unfortunate.

Have you ever wondered why Matt. 7:3-5 and Luke 6:41-42 were put in the Bible.

God bless
    Ed J

georg
    Participant

Ed J

If you call believing in scriptures a week position, then I am weak.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Nov. 05 2009,13:53)
    Ed J

If you call believing in scriptures a week position, then I am weak.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Have you ever wondered why Matt. 7:3-5 and Luke 6:41-42 were put in the Bible?

God bless
    Ed J

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 31 2009,02:01)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 30 2009,05:45)
    SIN IS NOT BELEIVING THAT YOU ARE CLEANSED AND MADE PERFECT IN GOD. SIN IS THINKING ANYTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM GOD!
    SIN IS AN ERROR OF BELIEF.
    SIN IS WRONG THINKING—IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE YOU ARE SINLESS, YOU ARE IN SIN! RIGHTEOUSNESS IS STILL BY FAITH AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING!
    REJECT YOUR FREE PERFECTION AND LIVE IN SEPARATION FROM GOD!
    SIN IS LITERALLY THINKING YOU ARE A SINNER IN SIN EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THAT JESUS SAID HE CLEANSED US, SANCTIFIED US AND ORDAINED US!(John15-3—-John1:9—-John17:17—John15:16) TK

Foolishness!

Sin is the violation of God's law. (1Jn 3:4)

I John 3:4, NIV. “Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.”

I John 5:17, NIV says, “All wrongdoing is sin”

Transgression – “The violation of a law or known principle of rectitude.” (Webster's Dictionary 1828)

Sin is opposition, enmity, and war with God. (compare Php 3:18,19, Jas 4:4, Rev 12:7-9 compare 1Jn 3:8-11)

Sin comes from the inside out.

Mark 7:20-23, TLB. “And then He added, 'It is the thought-life that pollutes. For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts of lust, theft, murder, adultery, wanting what belongs to others, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, pride, and all other folly. All these vile things come from within; they are what pollute you and make you unfit for God.”

Sin is a transgression of God's law.

Con: Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. Faith alone in his work cleans and perfects. Do's and Don'ts matter not, judgement is not based on works. Perfection unto God is by faith. Your quote:
    1John 3:5—and we know that Jesus was manifested to take away our sin and in him is no sin. Why not finish quoting.1John 3:6—whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth(believes they are in sin) hath not seen him, neither known him— Is this you? Stop believing sin!!!
    Jesus has done the work for perfection. It is received by faith. If you still believe you are under a law or rules of works to be perfect you have NEGATED faith. If you think you are a sinner or are in sin you have separated yourself from perfect union with God. Only you can control what you believe. TK

Quote (georg @ Nov. 04 2009,06:18)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 04 2009,19:27)

Ed J

Georg

Hi Georg,

Ed J

Ed J

Georg

One hand you say the law has been abolished.

On the othe hand you say, “if you say you do not sin then your a liar”.

If you believe the law is done away, how can you possibly sin?

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sounds like your contradicting yourself.

What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me]. Wherefore the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. Romans 7:7-13

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 04 2009,12:29)

Quote (georg @ Nov. 05 2009,01:18)
    Ed J

Georg

A progression away from the old sinful nature:

1John has a progression away from sin. Starting at 1John 1:8:
    “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves”…
    Sinners practice sin!

Progressing to 1John 3:9: “Whoever is born of God does not commit sin;
    For his seed remainith in him: and he cannot sin (AS A USUAL PRACTICE),
    because he is borne of God.”
    Practice of sin diminishes!

Finishing in 1John 5:18: “We know that whosoever is borne of God SINNETH NOT;
    But he that is begotten of God keepeth (GUARDS) himself,
    and that wicked one (Satan) toucheth him not.
    All sinning STOPS; fulfilling Matt. 5:44!

The Bible as Well as each individual book in it should be understood as a whole; not by ‘preconceived religious dogmas’.

The reason I put the website up every time is for people like you, who sometimes only read one entry I write.

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.com

I liked your answer Ed J.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed J

Georg

Georg: SATAN IS THE DECEIVING THOUGHT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE IN SIN OR KEEP SINNING! Jesus has past tense taken away your sin forever. All you have to do is accept, agree and stand your ground in your mind against the lies of deception. Your perfection has been paid. Now comes nothing but praise and thanksgiving for your perfection in God.
    God Bless you and Irene. Two perfect souls in God through Christ. TK

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account