Understanding Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 559 total)
  • Author
    Arnold
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 25 2010,22:57)

Quote (Arnold @ July 24 2010,06:39)

Quote (Ed J @ July 10 2010,05:39)

Quote (Arnold @ July 09 2010,20:28)

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2010,22:45)

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 08 2010,18:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2010,06:17)
    HI Georg,
    Yes that is your opinion.
    But the opportunities if they come will come from God, not our manipulations.

How will they hear unless a preacher is sent?

Then there is the mercy of God who takes some men to the wedding feast BOTH GOOD AND BAD from the highways and byways.

Nick, the sad truth is, what you don't understand you call opinion.
    Where in the Bible does it say that it is God's mercy that gets you into his kingdom? or, it is his mercy that saves you?
    God is no respecter of person, his rules apply to all.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Act 4:10   Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.  

Act 4:11   This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.  

Act 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Hi Georg,

Great; are you now beginning to learn?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Take a look at all the subjects presented in “Biblical Prophecy”, and who is interested in it them, or should I say, who is not interested in them, INCLUDING YOU, EDDY!
    You know why that is? when you don't understand a subject you don't even know what questions to ask because you feel you might make a fool of your self, and nobody on this forum wants to admit they don't understand something, INCLUDING YOU, EDDY!

Greetings Georg…..There is a lot I don't know and even more I don't understand….Having said that,….I would think that prophesy is a mystery to the wise and the learned ones….But….The kids understand it

Would you say that, that is a valid reason not to discuss it at all?
    Was not most of the prophesies for the end time?
    Is not every preacher telling us, we are in the end time?
    Is not the book of Revelation, a book of revealing?
    Does it mean, that, if I don't understand something, no one else doesn't either?
    Or is it pride that keeps us from inquiring?

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Take a look at all the subjects presented in “Biblical Prophecy”, and who is interested in it them, or should I say, who is not interested in them, INCLUDING YOU, EDDY!
    You know why that is? when you don't understand a subject you don't even know what questions to ask because you feel you might make a fool of your self, and nobody on this forum wants to admit they don't understand something, INCLUDING YOU, EDDY!

Hi Georg,

What Prophecy do you want to tell us about?
    Bring up the thread and I will discourse with you; OK?

God bless

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ July 28 2010,06:09)

HI Georg,

Then there is the mercy of God who takes some men to the wedding feast BOTH GOOD AND BAD from the highways and byways.

Where in the Bible does it say that it is God's mercy that gets you into his kingdom? or, it is his mercy that saves you?

Georg

Hi Georg,

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

God bless
    Ed J

Act 4:10   Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.  

Act 4:11   This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.  

Act 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Hi Georg,

God bless

Greetings Georg…..There is a lot I don't know and even more I don't understand….Having said that,….I would think that prophesy is a mystery to the wise and the learned ones….But….The kids understand it

Does it mean, that, if I don't understand something, no one else doesn't either?  

Georg

Greetings Georg…..There is not one valid reason not to discuss the word of God…I personally enjoy a discussion including various view points and in some cases scripture becomes alot clearer than it was before…..It is God who imparts understanding of the scriptures and sometimes that understanding comes as a result of inspired preaching or study being lead by the spirit….Scripture takes on a life of its own in the human who is of a contrite spirit and sometimes the purpose is for instruction and not preaching….The mysteries of revelation have captured the imagination of many a self proclaimed prophet and has resulted in a wealth of misinfomation….I must say though, that you and I agree on more than we disagree on…

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 28 2010,19:41)

Hi Georg,

What Prophecy do you want to tell us about?
    Bring up the thread and I will discourse with you; OK?

God bless

Eddy, who are you fooling; you don't know the meaning of “discourse”.

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 29 2010,00:26)

Quote (Arnold @ July 28 2010,06:09)

HI Georg,

Georg

Hi Georg,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Georg,

God bless

Georg

Greetings Georg…..There is not one valid reason not to discuss the word of God…I personally enjoy a discussion including various view points and in some cases scripture becomes alot clearer than it was before…..It is God who imparts understanding of the scriptures and sometimes that understanding comes as a result of inspired preaching or study being lead by the spirit….Scripture takes on a life of its own in the human who is of a contrite spirit and sometimes the purpose is for instruction and not preaching….The mysteries of revelation have captured the imagination of many a self proclaimed prophet and has resulted in a wealth of misinfomation….I must say though, that you and I agree on more than we disagree on…

You are absolutely right, understanding of the word of God comes ONLY from God through his Holy Spirit.
    The problem is, every body on this forum claims to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, just as all the ministers of all the churches do; “IF”.. that was so, should not “ALL” be teaching the same? how many holy spirits are there?
    NO, we are living in a world were no one is interested in the truth because, they don't understand it, and are not willing to admit it.
    It is more “fun” to just argue.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ July 29 2010,20:02)
    You are absolutely right, understanding of the word of God comes ONLY from God through his Holy Spirit.
    The problem is, every body on this forum claims to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, just as all the ministers of all the churches do; “IF”.. that was so, should not “ALL” be teaching the same? how many holy spirits are there?
    NO, we are living in a world were no one is interested in the truth because, they don't understand it, and are not willing to admit it.

Hi Goerg,

Does this apply to you? (Psalm 18:25-27)

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 31 2010,21:42)

Hi Goerg,

Greetings Georg….. Truth can be evasive and sometimes hardly recognizable….It is the heart of the one who is in search of truth that makes the difference….If you are of a humble spirit your search is a lot easier….The confusion in modern christianity is a result of misinfomation…and a failure to prove all things….the proof process can be lenghty and challenging….a vast majority take the easy way out and just believe the last person they spoke to or sound bite they heard without realizing that the source could be wrong or a liar…..I love a spirited conversation where all parties argue their understandings and belief with passion and conviction…unless your mind is closed you have to leave knowing more than you did when you started…

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 31 2010,22:26)

Quote (Ed J @ July 31 2010,21:42)

Hi Goerg,

Greetings Georg….. Truth can be evasive and sometimes hardly recognizable….It is the heart of the one who is in search of truth that makes the difference….If you are of a humble spirit your search is a lot easier….The confusion in modern christianity is a result of misinfomation…and a failure to prove all things….the proof process can be lenghty and challenging….a vast majority take the easy way out and just believe the last person they spoke to or sound bite they heard without realizing that the source could be wrong or a liar…..I love a spirited conversation where all parties argue their understandings and belief with passion and conviction…unless your mind is closed you have to leave knowing more than you did when you started…

The confusion in “modern” Christianity; should we even call it that, and why do we call it that? is it because the “old” Christianity is to out-dated?
    The confusion comes first from misunderstanding scripture, and second from ministers who then misinform their congregation.
    It is hard to prove something that you don't understand, and refuse to learn.
    Most of our ministers of today are first business-men, and teachers of the bible second.
    It is no different with this forum, people don't know, and they don't want to know.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ Aug. 01 2010,22:02)
    The confusion in “modern” Christianity; should we even call it that, and why do we call it that? is it because the “old” Christianity is to out-dated?
    The confusion comes first from misunderstanding scripture, and second from ministers who then misinform their congregation.
    Most of our ministers of today are first business-men, and teachers of the bible second.
    It is no different with this forum, people don't know, and they don't want to know.

Georg

Hi Georg,

Are you a teacher of the bible first and a business-man second?

God bless
    Ed J

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 03 2010,07:04)

Quote (Arnold @ Aug. 01 2010,22:02)

Georg

Hi Georg,

Are you a teacher of the bible first and a business-man second?

God bless
    Ed J

I am no business man at all.

chosenone
    Participant

To All.
    My opinion if I may… It seems there is much confusion of what the scriptures really say. To start with, there are many translations of the bible, and when examined closely, there are various differences to one another. How are we to know which is correct?
    Secondly, we all understand differently if we even use the same translation. For example, some believe all scripture applies to us, and some believe the 'old testament' was about Gods work with the Jews, and them only. And the 'gentiles' were only included after Paul, originaly 'Saul', was commissioned to 'the nations'. There are many other instances of opinion in what is being said.
    So if 'the word of God' is what we need to understand to be saved, what hope do we really have when there is so much confusion as to what we need for salvation? Lets be honest as to what we believe… No two persons can actually agree to everything they think scripture is saying. Some may agree on some things, but disagree on others, and others have a completely different view. Some say there are certain basic things that must be done, and all don't agree on what and how much. We can go on and on debating what certain scriptures are saying, what was 'then' and what is 'now'. Really, it's mass confusion, is it not??? Just look at this website as an example, total chaos as what we believe scripture is saying.
    If it so important as what we must do for salvation, why did God make it so difficult to understand? If our eternal existance depends on our understanding of what God is saying to us, surely He could give us a simple straight-forward set of rules, black and white as to understanding.
    So, what is the answer? Are those who 'understood' and 'did it right', earn salvation? Are the many who thought they were doing it right, and tried their best, but where wrong, destined to 'eternal torture'? Do you really think that God will do that?

Thank God that He is a loving God, who loves “all” of His creation. And thank God He didn't leave it up to us to “save” ourselves, what a mess we would make of it. A few simple words in scripture are all we really need to to understand and be thankfull… Ro.11:36 seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!

I realise I will be chastised for this “heretical opinion” by many on this site. But scripture does say…” that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. (1Tim.4:10)

God bless you all, Jerry.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Aug. 04 2010,07:37)
    To All.
      My opinion if I may… It seems there is much confusion of what the scriptures really say.  To start with, there are many translations of the bible, and when examined closely, there are various differences to one another.  How are we to know which is correct?  
      Secondly, we all understand differently if we even use the same translation.  For example, some believe all scripture applies to us, and some believe the 'old testament' was about Gods work with the Jews, and them only.  And the 'gentiles' were only included after Paul, originaly 'Saul', was commissioned to 'the nations'.  There are many other instances of opinion in what is being said.
      So if 'the word of God' is what we need to understand to be saved, what hope do we really have when there is so much confusion as to what we need for salvation?  Lets be honest as to what we believe…  No two persons can actually agree to everything they think scripture is saying. Some may agree on some things, but disagree on others, and others have a completely different view.  Some say there are certain basic things that must be done, and all don't agree on what and how much.  We can go on and on debating what certain scriptures are saying, what was 'then' and what is 'now'.  Really, it's mass confusion, is it not???  Just look at this website as an example, total chaos as what we believe scripture is saying.  
      If it so important as what we must do for salvation, why did God make it so difficult to understand?  If our eternal existance depends on our understanding of what God is saying to us, surely He could give us a simple straight-forward set of rules, black and white as to understanding.
      So, what is the answer?  Are those who 'understood' and 'did it right', earn salvation?  Are the many who thought they were doing it right, and tried their best, but where wrong, destined to 'eternal torture'?  Do you really think that God will do that?

Thank God that He is a loving God, who loves “all” of His creation.  And thank God He didn't leave it up to us to “save” ourselves, what a mess we would make of it.  A few simple words in scripture are all we really need to to understand and be thankfull…  Ro.11:36  seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!

I realise I will be chastised for this “heretical opinion” by many on this site.  But scripture does say…” that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. (1Tim.4:10)

God bless you all,  Jerry.

Hi Chosenone,

Matt.22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
    and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
    And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
    On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    Matt.7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you,
    do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

God bless

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Aug. 04 2010,15:37)
    To All.
      My opinion if I may… It seems there is much confusion of what the scriptures really say.  To start with, there are many translations of the bible, and when examined closely, there are various differences to one another.  How are we to know which is correct?  
      Secondly, we all understand differently if we even use the same translation.  For example, some believe all scripture applies to us, and some believe the 'old testament' was about Gods work with the Jews, and them only.  And the 'gentiles' were only included after Paul, originaly 'Saul', was commissioned to 'the nations'.  There are many other instances of opinion in what is being said.
      So if 'the word of God' is what we need to understand to be saved, what hope do we really have when there is so much confusion as to what we need for salvation?  Lets be honest as to what we believe…  No two persons can actually agree to everything they think scripture is saying. Some may agree on some things, but disagree on others, and others have a completely different view.  Some say there are certain basic things that must be done, and all don't agree on what and how much.  We can go on and on debating what certain scriptures are saying, what was 'then' and what is 'now'.  Really, it's mass confusion, is it not???  Just look at this website as an example, total chaos as what we believe scripture is saying.  
      If it so important as what we must do for salvation, why did God make it so difficult to understand?  If our eternal existance depends on our understanding of what God is saying to us, surely He could give us a simple straight-forward set of rules, black and white as to understanding.
      So, what is the answer?  Are those who 'understood' and 'did it right', earn salvation?  Are the many who thought they were doing it right, and tried their best, but where wrong, destined to 'eternal torture'?  Do you really think that God will do that?

Thank God that He is a loving God, who loves “all” of His creation.  And thank God He didn't leave it up to us to “save” ourselves, what a mess we would make of it.  A few simple words in scripture are all we really need to to understand and be thankfull…  Ro.11:36  seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!

I realise I will be chastised for this “heretical opinion” by many on this site.  But scripture does say…” that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. (1Tim.4:10)

Hello Jerry,

I hear you and feel the “pain”.  I, too, would like to see unity but as you described, it doesn't seem likely.

As you said, the source for our beliefs are tainted by the very translators trying to bring us “Truth”.  

Apparently the first “Truth seekers” were found to be the Bereans:

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

What Scriptures?  Hebrew Bible for many; Septuagint for others.  Not the NT.  

They were not disputing over the Greek or Hebrew…they were searching to find the truth that was written….Not to prove that the truth written was wrong.

There are many things in Revelation that have been disputed for over a millennium.  How could John 2,000 years ago describe a jet dropping bombs, tanks shooting missles, effects of a nuclear bomb, etc.

Other aspects of this book is that it is addressing past, present and future events.  Many of the plagues listed are said to have already occurred by people in history.  Others say they are yet to come.  As you wisely pointed out we can't agree on the past, how would we ever agree on the future? lol

What “unity” has the book of Revelation brought? What is gained by speculating about the future and things written here?

It seems to be futile and an occasion for others to get “puffed up”….and display a “knowledge” that can't be proven as many events are yet to happen.  

This is the best way to make money if you're a writer of “fiction” claiming your information to be facts. :p But doesn't help spread the “Good News” does it.

The Professor

chosenone
    Participant

Hi davidbfun.
    Thanks for your reply, and yes, we all may never agree on what scripture is saying. But we must take heart on what will happen when His (God) creation is completed.
    1Cor.15:21-28…
    21 For since, in fact, through a man came death, through a Man, also, comes the resurrection of the dead.
    22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ's in His presence;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
    25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
    26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
    27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
    28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.)

God Bless, Jerry.

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Aug. 04 2010,07:37)

Jerry

You have brought up some very important points.
    Why is it, that there seems to be no clear understanding of the word of God, not even between the ministers?
    Why is it, that every body claims to have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, but nobody can agree on anything?
    Why did God make it so difficult to understand?
    It really begins with this question, and the answer is; this is not the time for the whole world to be saved.
    Did Jesus make any attempt to save the world, when he was hear?
    Jesus told the apostles, go in all the world and preach the gospel “for a WITNESS”, not to save the world. The time to save the world is during the millennium, Christs 1000 year reign.
    God had predestined from before time, those who were to be called, for the purpose and honour to reign with Christ.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

From the time the gospel has been preached, trough all the generations of man, God has been calling those that he predestined to be called.
    The gospel had to be preached in all the world, so that they that were to be called, would hear it, and respond to it.
    That does not mean that the rest of us should ignore the gospel, thinking it is not for us, because, whether now or later, we will all have to obey the word of God.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

hi georg

you are very right;Mt 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

Mt 10:21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.

but look what Jesus say now;Mt 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Mt 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over

Mt 18:35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

in those scritures Jesus talks about brothers and identify the brothers of being subdue to Gods word.

on this site i have not see many of those brothers and it is very sad.

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 07 2010,06:35)

Quote (chosenone @ Aug. 04 2010,15:37)
    To All.

Hello Jerry,

I hear you and feel the “pain”.  I, too, would like to see unity but as you described, it doesn't seem likely.

As you said, the source for our beliefs are tainted by the very translators trying to bring us “Truth”.  

Apparently the first “Truth seekers” were found to be the Bereans:

Acts 17:11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

What Scriptures?  Hebrew Bible for many; Septuagint for others.  Not the NT.  

They were not disputing over the Greek or Hebrew…they were searching to find the truth that was written….Not to prove that the truth written was wrong.

There are many things in Revelation that have been disputed for over a millennium.  How could John 2,000 years ago describe a jet dropping bombs, tanks shooting missles, effects of a nuclear bomb, etc.

Other aspects of this book is that it is addressing past, present and future events.  Many of the plagues listed are said to have already occurred by people in history.  Others say they are yet to come.  As you wisely pointed out we can't agree on the past, how would we ever agree on the future? lol

What “unity” has the book of Revelation brought? What is gained by speculating about the future and things written here?

It seems to be futile and an occasion for others to get “puffed up”….and display a “knowledge” that can't be proven as many events are yet to happen.  

This is the best way to make money if you're a writer of “fiction” claiming your information to be facts.  :p  But doesn't help spread the “Good News” does it.

The Professor

The Bereans were mentioned because they did, what all of us should be doing, “search the scriptures”.
    Cornelius was the first Gentile, as you put it, truth seeker.

Act 10:1 ¶ There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

Act 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

is it possible that God gives to the save ones a spirit of approval?

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Pierre

This is what Jesus said.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

But, instead we try to do it our way.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

God guides those that seek him, by his Holy Spirit, in truth and understanding.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Sep. 11 2010,16:28)
    Pierre

This is what Jesus said.

Luk 11:13   If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?  

But, instead we try to do it our way.

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.  

God guides those that seek him, by his Holy Spirit, in truth and understanding.

Georg

georg

yes sir.amen

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account