Understanding Jesus as God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 22 2005,22:13)

Quote (Guest @ April 23 2005,16:52)
    Im with you Rudy, Jesus and the Father share the name YHWH

Mark 12:29
    And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

That is commandment 1. Notice that Christ said OUR God.
    You are wrong with this. It is not good to change the truth of God for a lie.

t8,
    So how do you reconcile these two verses?:

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Cor 8
    6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 23 2005,01:21)
    Isaiah 44:  6 Thus saith the LORD (Yahweh) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Revelation 17:14 – These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
    Revelation 19:16 – And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
    Revelation 1:11 – Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:17 – And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 2:8 – And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
    Revelation 22:13 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    1 Samuel 2:  2 There is none holy as the LORD (Yahweh): for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD (Yahweh) is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. 4 The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. 5 They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. 6 The LORD (Yahweh) killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. 7 The LORD (Yahweh) maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. 8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's (Yahweh), and he hath set the world upon them. 9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. 10 The adversaries of the LORD (Yahweh) shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD (Yahweh) shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
    Isaiah 41:  10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD (Yahweh) thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. 14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD (Yahweh), and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Excellent post Rudy :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 23 2005,21:51)

Quote (t8 @ April 22 2005,22:13)

Quote (Guest @ April 23 2005,16:52)
    Im with you Rudy, Jesus and the Father share the name YHWH

That is commandment 1. Notice that Christ said OUR God.
    You are wrong with this. It is not good to change the truth of God for a lie.

t8,
    So how do you reconcile these two verses?:

1 Cor 8
    6yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

To Is 1:18,

Yahshua/Yeshua/Jesus is Lord. There are many lords, but for us there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.

The confusion with Jesus being Lord and YHWH being Lord comes from the fact that YHWH is translated as LORD in the OT of most translations.

This confusion gets worse when YHWH and Lord are used together. It is usually translated as LORD God.

The four letters YHWH appear in the Old Testament over 6,800 times. But it is not found in our English versions except where it appears in an abbreviated form at the end of the word 'Halleluyah'.

E.g., The editorial board of the New American Standard Bible made the following admission:

This name [Yahweh] has not been pronounced by the Jews…. Therefore, it has been consistently translated LORD.

The Smith and Goodspeed translation is probably the most frank regarding this point. In this translation they have followed the orthodox Jewish tradition and substituted “the LORD” for the name “Yahweh” and the phrase “the Lord GOD” for the phrase “the Lord Yahweh.”

Now YWHW/Yahweh is our only God and Yahweh has made his son Lord of his creation. Therefore Yahshua/Yeshua is our only Lord.

Acts 2:36
    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

You see there is a big difference between Jesus being made Lord and Jesus being YHWH/LORD. They are 2 different words from 2 different languages. They are not to be confused as the same word.

Psalm 2:7
    “I will declare the decree: YHWH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”

So YHWH has a son. Yahshua/Yehshua is not actually YHWH himself. If Yahshua/Yeshua is the son of YHWH, then YHWH is Yeshua's father. Time and time again we see that the Father is YHWH and YHWH is God and Yehshua is the son of God. This is central to true faith and this message was preached by Yeshua himself.

Exodus 3:15
    And Elohim said moreover to Moses, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Yahweh Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Abraham, the Elohim of Isaac, and the Elohim of Jacob, hath sent me to you: this [is] my name for ever, and this [is] my memorial to all generations.

God's name is YHWH and YHWH's son's name is Yahshua/Yeshua in Hebrew and in the Greek 'Jesus' is used.

Sure we can take a few verses here and there and make them say anything we like. But if we are honest and we search with all our heart, we can see that scripture tells us that there is 1 God and that God made his only begotten son the Lord of his creation. So there stands today only one mediator between man and God and we know who that is don't we?

Rudy
    Participant

T8,

What you continue to fail to realize is that Jesus is God the Son.  He and the Father are one!

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

When Jesus reigns during the Millenium He alone will sit in the third Temple in Jerusalem, because He alone by right of creation and right of paying the redemptive price may sit their and rule over the creation that is His and the Fathers'.

Zechariah 14:  1 Behold, the day of the LORD (Yahweh) cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the LORD (Yahweh) go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD (Yahweh) my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. 6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD (Yahweh), not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. 8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 9 And the LORD (Yahweh) shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD (Yahweh), and his name one. 10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. 12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD (Yahweh) will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD (Yahweh) shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague. 16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD (Yahweh) will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD (Yahweh) ; and the pots in the LORD's (Yahweh) house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts.

Rev. 14:  1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
    The Lamb and the Father together receive the “offerring of the first fruits”
    Rev. 17:  13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev. 19:  11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 20: 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired…

We will priests of God the Father and Priests to Christ!

Rev 21:  5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death…  …22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Rev 22:  3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for
    the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. 6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done…   …8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Participant

Hi t8,
    If you were asked the question “what kind of being is Jesus?” is it fair for me to say that you would answer “a god” (I am basing this assumption on your previous posts by you that I have read). If this is true, then has this conclusion been logically deduced?

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Is 1:18 ,

Technically speaking he is a god just as we are gods and so is the Father a god. God (elohim, theos) is a term applied to many and is usually used to define the word 'authority'.

What type of being is Yeshua. He is a son. But he is much more than a son. He is the son. The firstborn. He is the only one to have been begotten by God alone. We who are born from above were created by God through Christ and then we were born again by the Word of God.

So we are the image of Christ and Christ is the image of God. Christ is the prototype, the original son. The first. But we are images of God, just as Christ is. But Christ is the full expression of God. We reflect only in part, but Christ reflects in full.

Yeshua is the son. He is from God.

Colossians 1:12-16  
    12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
    13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
    14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
    15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Hebrews 1:1-6  
    1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
    3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
    4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
    5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father” Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”
    6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 24 2005,12:25)
    What you continue to fail to realize is that Jesus is God the Son.  He and the Father are one!

What you have failed to realise is that Jesus is the son of God. He is one with the Father in the same way that Jesus wants the church to be one and then one with them. Unity in the spirit, not unity in identity. God, Jesus and us are all different identities, but we can be one in spirit.

Just as we are not God or Christ, nor is God Christ or Christ God. God is also not a man either. Scripture is quite clear on this.

The Father is the God. Christ is the son. We are sons. The head of man is Christ and the head of Christ is God. THe head of god is no one. There is no one above him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 24 2005,12:25)
    Rev. 19: 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rudy, it says that his name is the Word of God. Not God.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 24 2005,01:01)

Hi t8,
    Thanks for the reply.

What type of being is Yeshua. He is a son. But he is much more than a son. He is the son. The firstborn. He is the only one to have been begotten by God alone. We who are born from above were created by God through Christ and then we were born again by the Word of God.

You could be a first born son, and also be a hippopotamus – these attributes do not define being. So the question remains “what kind of being is Jesus”. You say He was begotten, but the begetter and the begotten are different beings. To me this is illogical. What you create is something different to yourself but what you beget is something exactly like you. Kind begets like kind. Humans beget human babies, birds beget eggs from which baby birds emerge. Why should it be different for a God 'kind'? I cannot agree with you when you say that God begets something different to God.

So we are the image of Christ and Christ is the image of God.

Man was made in the image of God (Let US make God in OUR image) but that immortal man, Adam, fell. We are now the image of the fallen Adam.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 24 2005,20:49)

t8,April wrote:

[/quote]
    Hi t8,
    Thanks for the reply.

You could be a first born son, and also be a hippopotamus – these attributes do not define being. So the question remains “what kind of being is Jesus”. You say He was begotten, but the begetter and the begotten are different beings. To me this is illogical. What you create is something different to yourself but what you beget is something exactly like you. Kind begets like kind. Humans beget human babies, birds beget eggs from which baby birds emerge. Why should it be different for a God 'kind'? I cannot agree with you when you say that God begets something different to God.

So we are the image of Christ and Christ is the image of God.

Man was made in the image of God (Let US make God in OUR image) but that immortal man, Adam, fell. We are now the image of the fallen Adam.

God is the Divine and he begats sons in his image. So we will partake of the divine nature. Currently we are men, (carnal nature/flesh), but we will partake of the divine nature. But even then, we will not be the Divine being himself. We are his image.

Christ is divine in nature, but he is not the Divine in identity. He is a son. We are sons.

I ask you a question. What kind of beings will we be when we partake of the divine nature?

Participant

What kind of beings will we be? We will be humans with resurrection bodies.

Rudy
    Participant

…and the LORD (Yahweh) my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. Zech 14:5

This verse speaks directly of the Second coming of Christ, and He is Yahweh!

Zech 14:9 And the LORD (Yahweh) shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD (Yahweh), and his name one.

This verse speaks of His, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, millenial reign, He is Yahweh!

Zech 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD (Yahweh) of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

This verse speaks of the Lord Yeshua reigning and receiving worship during the millenium in the 3rd Temple, in this verse His name is Yahweh.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 24 2005,01:59)
    God is the Divine and he begats sons in his image.

Sons? Christ is the only begotten Son of God. If there are other begotten sons of God, can I have some evidence of their existence please.

Participant

Amen Rudy! You are 110% correct. :D

Rudy
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 24 2005,02:42)

Sons? Christ is the only begotten Son of God. If there are other begotten sons of God, can I have some evidence of their existence please.

Yes, and the “begotten” part is only speaking of His incarnation!

Proverbs 8 speaks of a “she” being wisdom and proves NOTHING regarding the Pre-Incarnate Christ.

For there is NO Redeemer but Yahweh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 24 2005,21:37)

We will be like Christ.

So you say that we will be men (I am not disagreeing), yet you know that scripture says that we will partake of the divine nature. Therefore we who are the offspring of God yet being perfect men flies in the face of your point that all things begat after their own kind. As it is written: God is not a man that he should lie.

So how is it according to your view of being begat that we will be men yet begat from God?

You seem to be double minded on this.

Here is your quote:

Kind begets like kind. Humans beget human babies, birds beget eggs from which baby birds emerge. Why should it be different for a God 'kind'? I cannot agree with you when you say that God begets something different to God.

God cannot begat another Almighty can he. But he does begat images of himself. That is what Christ is. The image of the invisible God. We humans were made in the image of God. The offspring of God. But we do not grow up to be Almighties. Divine beings perhaps, but not God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 24 2005,21:42)

1 John 3:2.
    2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”

1 John 5:18
    We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Yeshua is the firstborn of many sons to come.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 24 2005,03:37)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 24 2005,21:37)

We will be like Christ.

So you say that we will be men (I am not disagreeing), yet you know that scripture says that we will partake of the divine nature. Therefore we who are the offspring of God yet being perfect men flies in the face of your point that all things begat after their own kind. As it is written: God is not a man that he should lie.

So how is it according to your view of being begat that we will be men yet begat from God?

You seem to be double minded on this.

Here is your quote:

Kind begets like kind. Humans beget human babies, birds beget eggs from which baby birds emerge. Why should it be different for a God 'kind'? I cannot agree with you when you say that God begets something different to God.

God cannot begat another Almighty can he. But he does begat images of himself. That is what Christ is. The image of the invisible God. We humans were made in the image of God. The offspring of God. But we do not grow up to be Almighties. Divine beings perhaps, but not God.

Will we be like Christ in nature or identity? We will become adopted, fellow hiers with Christ. But remember t8 we are created beings not begotten, there is a difference.

Proclaimer
    Participant

What do you think it is to be born-again. It is to be begotten of God. Begotten and born is the same word. To be begotten from above is to be born again.

We are all created, but those who are born again will live eternally just as Christ. For as he is we will be also. By his (christ's) life we live forever.

We will be like Christ in nature for he has divine nature and we will partake of the divine nature. Only God is the Divine. He is the source of all divinity, even Christ's life is sourced in God.

John 5:26
    For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.

1 John 5:11
    And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:10
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”

Participant

Tell me if I understand you correctly t8. When we are born again we become begotten sons of God, like Jesus. We will partake in the divine, like Jesus. Although Christ will have authority over us we will, for all intents and purposes, be like Christ in nature. We will become the same kind or being as Christ.

If that is true;
    In the verses below, try injecting your own name into the parts that relate to Jesus:

Col 1
    15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Joh 1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Rev 22
    12″Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13″I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account