Understanding evil…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Quote (Augustine @ June 29 2008,12:57)
    I know that, I was talking about the fall of man.

Oh, O.K. like I said no offence.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi All,
    Theses are the words of John, our brother in this forum, I thought we can see them once again how much depth is in them. I appreciate his understanding on “understanding evil”
    Adam

“Greetings in the name of Jesus,

When I study I try to use the bible to interpret words that I find in the verses I'm studying. Over the years I have learned that there is a literal (outward) understanding of the bible and a spiritual (inward) understanding. It's the inward understanding that brings life, the letter kills but the spirit brings life.

I have always been taught that God did not create evil. When I apply this teaching to scripture I find it falling short of God's truth. To think that evil only comes from disobeying God is to miss a very important truth in understanding God's work and life itself. As you read this study, I pray that the Lord leads you into a deeper understanding of how God works all things together for His purpose and how the rebellious fallen angels can twist the truth of God.

God has created this life in such a way that He gives us freedom to receive life or death, blessings or cursing.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; “that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.''

In order to have this choice in life between life and death, blessing or cursing there has to be a positive and negative in life. There has to be an adversary or there is no choice. In other words, we need day in order to have night. We need height in order to have depth. We need evil in order to have good. In God's creation, He created both good and evil. There has to be an adversarial system to make choices in life, it's what makes life what it is.

Just because something is evil it doesn't make it unrighteous. There is no unrighteousness in God but He says He created evil. God created evil in order to be the adversary in life.

Isaiah 45:6-7 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

God put this adversarial system in place back in the beginning.

Gen.2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Evil doesn't necessarily have to be sin. God uses evil for His work in this life. All sin is evil but not all evil is sin.

There is a sanctified evil and an unsanctified evil just as there is a sanctified good and an unsanctified good. Evil not motivated by the will of God is unsanctified just as the good that is not motivated by the will of God is unsanctified.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Our righteousness is as filthy rags but it's still righteousness. It's righteousness that is unsanctified in God's eyes.

When the angel was told by God to test Job but don't kill him, was that angel sinning as he obeyed God and tested Job and didn't kill him?

Job 2:6-7 So the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.'' Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

How about the harlot Rahab who lied when she told the soldiers that the spies had left in order to save the spies. God counted her as being righteous and saved her whole family.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.

God created good and evil in life so we would have a choice in life. If we choose the sanctified things in life, which comes from obeying God's truth, we will live but if we choose unsanctified things in life by disobeying God's truth we will die.

Deuteronomy 30:15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil,

When Cain was standing before the Lord, the Lord told him that if he chose the right way he would be accepted.

Gen. 4:4-7 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Life was designed with an adversarial system. Even if Adam had not sinned the tree of good and evil would have still been in the garden. There would still have to be adversary in life to make life alive. God created hunger so we now enjoy a good meal. God created weariness in labor so we can get a good night sleep. Amen to that…

All throughout scripture we find evil doing a task for God. We see people doing things that we would consider sin but God calls it obedience. We see God sending lying spirits and adversaries to people in His creation. We see evil things being done that are evil to us but are meant for the good.

Gen 50:19-20 Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about, as it is this day, to save many people alive.

1 Kings 22:23 Now therefore, behold, Jehovah hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets; and Jehovah hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Exodus 32:14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Exodus 4:11 So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

When we suffer through trials we say these trials are evil but they are there to produce a good in us.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

All throughout God's word we find God using evil to get a job done. Evil is a tool God's uses to stop the evil that is unsanctified or to bring out something good. Good and evil are necessary in this life as a choice. The problem is that some of us call the unsanctified things, good. In the last days people will call sanctified good, evil, and unsanctified evil, good, and pass laws to make it so. This is why God will cut life short in the end for righteousness sake.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

This is where God's Holy Spirit comes in. We need the Spirit of truth to tell us what is the sanctified good and what is unsanctified evil in God's creation because since the fall we have no understanding in this area. Lucifer has twisted everything around and distorted the truth of God.

Deuteronomy 1:39 'Moreover your little ones and your children, who you say will be victims, who today have no knowledge of good and evil, they shall go in there; to them I will give it, and they shall possess it.

If we trust in the
    only begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ. If we hear Him and obey Him, He will correct our understanding in these matters of good and evil. We will be able to discern what is the sanctified good and evil in life in order to make the right choice.

Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

If we give our lives to Jesus and allow Him to discern good and evil for us and when we obey His Spirit convictions in our heart and turn away from the unsanctified things in our lives. He will remove the adversarial thoughts we have towards God's will for our lives. This is choosing life over death, blessing over cursing, this is salvation.

Peace and blessings to you all in Christ,
    John”

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 29 2008,14:49)
    Hi All,
    Theses are the words of John, our brother in this forum, I thought we can see them once again how much depth is in them. I appreciate his understanding on “understanding evil”
    Adam

“Greetings in the name of Jesus,

When I study I try to use the bible to interpret words that I find in the verses I'm studying. Over the years I have learned that there is a literal (outward) understanding of the bible and a spiritual (inward) understanding. It's the inward understanding that brings life, the letter kills but the spirit brings life.

I have always been taught that God did not create evil. When I apply this teaching to scripture I find it falling short of God's truth. To think that evil only comes from disobeying God is to miss a very important truth in understanding God's work and life itself. As you read this study, I pray that the Lord leads you into a deeper understanding of how God works all things together for His purpose and how the rebellious fallen angels can twist the truth of God.

God has created this life in such a way that He gives us freedom to receive life or death, blessings or cursing.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; “that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.''

In order to have this choice in life between life and death, blessing or cursing there has to be a positive and negative in life. There has to be an adversary or there is no choice. In other words, we need day in order to have night. We need height in order to have depth. We need evil in order to have good. In God's creation, He created both good and evil. There has to be an adversarial system to make choices in life, it's what makes life what it is.

Just because something is evil it doesn't make it unrighteous. There is no unrighteousness in God but He says He created evil. God created evil in order to be the adversary in life.

Isaiah 45:6-7 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

God put this adversarial system in place back in the beginning.

Gen.2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Evil doesn't necessarily have to be sin. God uses evil for His work in this life. All sin is evil but not all evil is sin.

There is a sanctified evil and an unsanctified evil just as there is a sanctified good and an unsanctified good. Evil not motivated by the will of God is unsanctified just as the good that is not motivated by the will of God is unsanctified.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Our righteousness is as filthy rags but it's still righteousness. It's righteousness that is unsanctified in God's eyes.

When the angle was told by God to test Job but don't kill him, was that angle sinning as he obeyed God and tested Job and didn't kill him?

Job 2:6-7 So the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.'' Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

How about the harlot Rahab who lied when she told the soldiers that the spies had left in order to save the spies. God counted her as being righteous and saved her whole family.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.

God created good and evil in life so we would have a choice in life. If we choose the sanctified things in life, which comes from obeying God's truth, we will live but if we choose unsanctified things in life by disobeying God's truth we will die.

Deuteronomy 30:15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil,

When Cain was standing before the Lord, the Lord told him that if he chose the right way he would be accepted.

Gen. 4:4-7 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Life was designed with an adversarial system. Even if Adam had not sinned the tree of good and evil would have still been in the garden. There would still have to be adversary in life to make life alive. God created hunger so we now enjoy a good meal. God created weariness in labor so we can get a good night sleep. Amen to that…

All throughout scripture we find evil doing a task for God. We see people doing things that we would consider sin but God calls it obedience. We see God sending lying spirits and adversaries to people in His creation. We see evil things being done that are evil to us but are meant for the good.

Gen 50:19-20 Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about, as it is this day, to save many people alive.

1 Kings 22:23 Now therefore, behold, Jehovah hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets; and Jehovah hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Exodus 32:14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Exodus 4:11 So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

When we suffer through trials we say these trials are evil but they are there to produce a good in us.

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

All throughout God's word we find God using evil to get a job done. Evil is a tool God's uses to stop the evil that is unsanctified or to bring out something good. Good and evil are necessary in this life as a choice. The problem is that some of us call the unsanctified things, good. In the last days people will call sanctified good, evil, and unsanctified evil, good, and pass laws to make it so. This is why God will cut life short in the end for righteousness sake.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

This is where God's Holy Spirit comes in. We need the Spirit of truth to tell us what is the sanctified good and what is unsanctified evil in God's creation because since the fall we have no understanding in this area. Lucifer has twisted everything around and distorted the truth of God.

Deuteronomy
    1:39 'Moreover your little ones and your children, who you say will be victims, who today have no knowledge of good and evil, they shall go in there; to them I will give it, and they shall possess it.

If we trust in the only begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ. If we hear Him and obey Him, He will correct our understanding in these matters of good and evil. We will be able to discern what is the sanctified good and evil in life in order to make the right choice.

Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

If we give our lives to Jesus and allow Him to discern good and evil for us and when we obey His Spirit convictions in our heart and turn away from the unsanctified things in our lives. He will remove the adversarial thoughts we have towards God's will for our lives. This is choosing life over death, blessing over cursing, this is salvation.

Peace and blessings to you all in Christ,
    John”

False doctrine put in place and promoted by men who can't understand why we see the things we do in the world…the bible clearly says that GOD DOES NOT try us with evil..neither can we try him with evil…end of story

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account