Understanding baptism…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • Author

Dear John,

There are some who try to make the free gift if God a work by making water baptism to be what saves a man. Now, this has been proven unscriptural time and time again. I agree with your words John. When a man believes by faith in Jesus, he is pricked in his heart by the Holy Spirit. Yet, it is the blood of Jesus that washes the sin away.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Salvation in Jesus is not through works.
    It is a free gift.
    But baptising others is one of the given works of the saved.[Matt 28.19]

Here we go again. Before you said a man must be baptized by water to be saved. Now you say it is a work done by the saved, which I agree with. It is a work of obedience, but it will not cause one to lose their salvation if they do not have it. Yet, it will not help the cause either and they should seek to have it done as quickly as possible.

Yet, I ask you this? Which baptism is more important? The baptism of water or the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    If you read carefully you will see that I have never said
    baptism ALONE saves anyone.
    Neither does repentance ALONE,
    faith ALONE,
    Spirit baptism ALONE.

ALL are essential.

1 Peter 3.21
    ” ..and corresponding to that baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, BUT AN APPEAL TO GOD FOR A GOOD CONSCIENCE..”

We are baptised for the FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS.
    The calling out to God in repentance and faith in WATER BAPTISM brings the forgiving, sprinkling response from God to the sincere.

We never see Spirit baptism without Water in Acts.
    But the Eunuch and the Jailor are shown to have had water baptism without the Spirit baptism.
    And in Luke 11 Jesus offers the option of praying for the Spirit by those who already are children of God.

Only Christ can baptise in the Spirit but men can obey and seek water baptism.

Thus to God it seems that water baptism is what is more essential.

Editing has it's advantages.

What matters is a man is saved by faith in Jesus. Then he who is in the man will lead him to all rightiousness by faith. For when the man believes, Jesus lives in that man, and as the man grows in faith in Jesus, he becomes less of himself, and more Christlike.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So something like the old catholic book “The Imitation of Christ”?
    We save ourselves, and perfect our own salvation?

Hmmm.

I prefer the way of Jesus for safety.

I prefer the witnesses in heaven than that of my own susceptible mind.

What are you talking about Nick? How can you claim to be saved and not know these things. When a man asks for forgiveness of sins, Christ comes and lives in that man. And the more that man depends on Jesus through faith, the more he mortifies his flesh, puts it to death. He becomes more of a spiritual being through faith in Jesus.

Have you never heard the words, greater is he who is in me, then he who is in the world?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 20 2006,23:56)
    What are you talking about Nick? How can you claim to be saved and not know these things. When a man asks for forgiveness of sins, Christ comes and lives in that man. And the more that man depends on Jesus through faith, the more he mortifies his flesh, puts it to death. He becomes more of a spiritual being through faith in Jesus.

Have you never heard the words, greater is he who is in me, then he who is in the world?

Hi H,
    Are you surprised that I do not accept teachings that are popular, but not written?

kenrch
    Participant

Does it matter who baptizes you?  When I was jumping around from denomination to denomination each would say I needed to be baptized.  I said I have been baptized, they would say yes but not in this church.  I always said when i was baptized I my Heart was right AND I received the Holy Spirit.  I was never asked to be baptized again by any denomination.

I was baptized in a Baptist church.  Would it have mattered if I would have been baptized in a Methodist church or even a JWs Kingdom Hall?

It's all in the heart.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Master requires that we abide in the Word so teaching what is not of the Word is anathema no matter how many others take such risks.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2006,00:03)
    Hi H,
    Are you surprised that I do not accept teachings that are popular, but not written?

No Nick,

What does supprise me though is that you claim to be saved and yet, you don't have Christ in your heart. If you do not put your faith in Jesus, who do you put your faith in?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ July 21 2006,00:29)
    Does it matter who baptizes you?  When I was jumping around from denomination to denomination each would say I needed to be baptized.  I said I have been baptized, they would say yes but not in this church.  I always said when i was baptized I my Heart was right AND I received the Holy Spirit.  I was never asked to be baptized again by any denomination.

I was baptized in a Baptist church.  Would it have mattered if I would have been baptized in a Methodist church or even a JWs Kingdom Hall?

It's all in the heart.

Hi H,
    We should be baptised in water in the name of Jesus Christ according to what is shown by the faithful and knowledgable servants of Acts.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2006,00:36)

Quote (kenrch @ July 21 2006,00:29)

It's all in the heart.

Hi H,
    We should be baptised in water in the name of Jesus Christ according to what is shown by the faithful and knowledgable servants of Acts.

Then the Baptist who believe in the Trinty are “faithful and knowledgable servants of Acts”. :)

Amen.

If a man believes or believes not in the trinity doctrine, what matters is his salvation. You hit the nail on the head brother kenrch. What matters is a man is saved, baptized by water and the Holy Spirit. If a man has these, and concentrates on the love of Christ, putting his faith in Christ and not man, the Holy Spirit will lead him into all truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 21 2006,00:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2006,00:03)
    Hi H,

No Nick,

What does supprise me though is that you claim to be saved and yet, you don't have Christ in your heart. If you do not put your faith in Jesus, who do you put your faith in?

Hi H,
    Does not the man who abides in the Word have both the Father and the Son?
    It is not a problem that you cannot see Christ in me.

seminarian
    Participant

Nick,

I see Christ in nearly EVERY post you make.  I've been blown away by some of the
    scriptural insights you've had.  That sort of thing is not from man but from Christ's
    spirit within you.  Here is one:

“Hi H,
    It is not a problem that you cannot see Christ in me.”

There you go!!!!

H, you should think about what you are saying.  Paul said he could not even be sure
    of his own heart.  ” My conscience is clear but that does not make me innocent.” [1 Corinthians 4:4]  Are you saying you can see Nick's now?  I wouldn't even go there my brother.

I'm not glorifying anyone here but all the glory goes to God the Father through His Son, Christ Jesus.
    Nick is simply reflecting that glory.  It may be too bright for some but that's not his problem.

Semmy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi semmy,
    Thank you for the answered prayer.

It is difficult to get people to see the need to ensure that their teaching doctrines line up with the bible so that they are serving Christ alone. Truth is written.

We who serve in this way are always learning. We must learn to stay within what is taught in the bible as there are many false teachers selling their wares of eternal destruction and they are always popular.

But we choose daily whom we serve and those who go outside of biblical proof are on their own outside the safety of Christ. Servants of Christ teach what is written and admit they do not know, even cannot know beyond that revelation.

The bible is simple and consistent and harmonious. It backs itself up especially on matters God considers important. It is beauty.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seminarian @ July 21 2006,02:59)
    Nick,

I see Christ in nearly EVERY post you make.  I've been blown away by some of the
    scriptural insights you've had.  That sort of thing is not from man but from Christ's
    spirit within you.  Here is one:

“Hi H,
    It is not a problem that you cannot see Christ in me.”

There you go!!!!

H, you should think about what you are saying.  Paul said he could not even be sure
    of his own heart.  ” My conscience is clear but that does not make me innocent.” [1 Corinthians 4:4]  Are you saying you can see Nick's now?  I wouldn't even go there my brother.

I'm not glorifying anyone here but all the glory goes to God the Father through His Son, Christ Jesus.
    Nick is simply reflecting that glory.  It may be too bright for some but that's not his problem.

Semmy

Semmy,
    Are you saying that if a person who gives his heart to Christ and CANNOT get baptized through no fault of his own then he is doomed?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account