Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,14:16)
    Hi tow,
    Paul suffered greatly for his faith in Jesus Christ.
    It was all worth it.
    Have you?

Didn't Jesus warn about the way his message would be corrupted? Isn't Paul the embodiment of that corruption?
    A vengeful god should be expected to have made Paul suffer.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Paul's approval by his God was manifest in his life,
    his words and his actions reverberating the message of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    Is 53 also shows the son of God was not given an easy life either.
    God never promised we would be spared suffering as Peter taught in his first letter.
    Those who promote the messages of God have usually lost their lives for the privilege.
    So what if the rewards are so great.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick

Paul's approval by his God was manifest in his life, his words and his actions reverberating the message of God.

“Fundamentalism is the triumph of Paul over Christ.” -Paul Durant.

Yes, a brilliant piece of ‘prophesy’. Of course, no political figure in the Middle East has ever had any trouble, apart from Jesus. {/sarcasm}

God never promised we would be spared suffering as Peter taught in his first letter.

No, exactly. He is the god of misery.

Those who promote the messages of God have usually lost their lives for the privilege.

Are you saying that most house visitors from the JWs and Mormons end up martyred?! I don’t think the victimhood of christianity is quite up to justifying this claim.

What if you have it wrong, and god only likes the Amish?

Stuart

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 06 2008,20:43)
    Hi Nick

Paul's approval by his God was manifest in his life, his words and his actions reverberating the message of God.

Yes, a brilliant piece of ‘prophesy’.  Of course, no political figure in the Middle East has ever had any trouble, apart from Jesus. {/sarcasm}

No, exactly.  He is the god of misery.

Are you saying that most house visitors from the JWs and  Mormons end up martyred?!  I don’t think the victimhood of christianity is quite up to justifying this claim.

Stuart

Good point Stu on the Amish.

I think God loves everyone.

However, if their are certain groups he finds the most favor with Amish would be one of the top ones from my understanding of them.

Evangelical Christianity pumps out some of the most selfish, arrogant warmongerers on the planet.

kenrch
    Participant

Is there a certain group that Jesus came to save? True the Father started with a certain group to reach the entire world!

Does God love only a chosen few. Are we who are no where near the Love of God love even our worst child does God NOT love him?

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 07 2008,04:37)
    Is there a certain group that Jesus came to save?   True the Father started with a certain group to reach the entire world!

Does God love only a chosen few.  Are we who are no where near the Love of God love even our worst child does God NOT love him?

God is Love.

Jesus came for all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Nick

Yes, a brilliant piece of ‘prophesy’.  Of course, no political figure in the Middle East has ever had any trouble, apart from Jesus. {/sarcasm}

Are you saying that most house visitors from the JWs and  Mormons end up martyred?!  I don’t think the victimhood of christianity is quite up to justifying this claim.

Stuart

Hi STu,
    So both Jesus and Paul existed and you believe this from reading the NT?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hi Nick

Stuart

Gee Stuart you seem to have a REAL problem with this God that you so adamantly refuse to believe in….a real problem….

:D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,04:44)

Hi Nick

Stuart

Hi STu,
    So both Jesus and Paul existed and you believe this from reading the NT?

No, I said exactly the opposite. The NT, being historical fiction, is the worst reason to believe in the existence of anyone. Josephus seems to mention Jesus in a section of his writing that probably he wrote – the very next sentence has been interefered with by early christians. What kind of idiots would write “who was called Christ” over the top of one of the few references to Jesus written by an objective observer? Christians then had little regard for the intergity of evidence, and the same is still true today.

Stuart

Participant

That's an interesting quote. I suppose it depends on how you define fundamentalism as to whether you agree with durants sentiment or not. As I see it fundamentalism in christianity is simply adhering to the fundamental tenets of the christian faith, and in that sense if you're not striving for fundamentalism as a christian, you ain't doing it right…..

:)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,18:19)

Hi Nick

Stuart

Gee Stuart you seem to have a REAL problem with this God that you so adamantly refuse to believe in….a real problem….

:D

Yes, I am pretty upset about Voldemort and Ernst Stavro Blofeld as well. Of course they have more than one thing in common with your god!

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,18:26)
    No, I said exactly the opposite.  The NT, being historical fiction, is the worst reason to believe in the existence of anyone.  Josephus seems to mention Jesus in a section of his writing that probably he wrote – the very next sentence has been interefered with by early christians.  What kind of idiots would write “who was called Christ” over the top of one of the few references to Jesus written by an objective observer?  Christians then had little regard for the intergity of evidence, and the same is still true today.

Stuart

Well Stuart, the fact remains that you do go on ad nuaseum about what you consider to be the defective personality of God when you claim not to believe in the existence of God….

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,18:29)

That's an interesting quote. I suppose it depends on how you define fundamentalism as to whether you agree with durants sentiment or not. As I see it fundamentalism in christianity is simply adhering to the fundamental tenets of the christian faith, and in that sense if you're not striving for fundamentalism as a christian, you ain't doing it right…..

The question here then is about who decided what the tenets are.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,18:31)
    Yes, I am pretty upset about Voldemort and Ernst Stavro Blofeld as well.  Of course they have more than one thing in common with your god!

Stuart

He he…there you go again, you just can't help yourself Stuart….

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,18:35)

Yes, I am pretty upset about Voldemort and Ernst Stavro Blofeld as well.  Of course they have more than one thing in common with your god!

Stuart

Maybe it is a difficult concept to grasp.

IF your god existed then he should be tried for the most heinous crimes against humanity in all history. Stalin and Hitler and Saddam Hussain all put together were rank amateurs by comparison.

ACTUALLY he doesn't exist, so what we are looking at is a history of bloodshed done in his fictional name.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,18:35)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,18:29)

The question here then is about who decided what the tenets are.

Stuart

That's a good point. Fortunately a tenet is defined as a principle, belief, or doctrine generally held to be true; especially: one held in common by members of an organization, movement, or profession (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/tenets). Although there will always be disputes over the veracity of one principle or another, christians have done a good job of codifying their theology, with the principles spelled out plainly and generally agreed upon.

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,18:38)

Stuart

IF your god existed then he should be tried for the most heinous crimes against humanity in all history.  Stalin and Hitler and Saddam Hussain all put together were rank amateurs by comparison.

ACTUALLY he doesn't exist, so what we are looking at is a history of bloodshed done in his fictional name.

Stuart

Is bloodshedding wrong?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,18:45)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,18:38)

Stuart

IF your god existed then he should be tried for the most heinous crimes against humanity in all history.  Stalin and Hitler and Saddam Hussain all put together were rank amateurs by comparison.

Stuart

Is bloodshedding wrong?

Only according to one of the Hypocrite's commandments.

Stuart

Participant

What's your opinion?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account