Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:31)
    Hi KJ,
    Holding public court on God and His plans and teachings
    shows a certain lack of awareness of the danger this puts you and your family in.

In the words of Stevie Wonder “There is superstition”. Do you adhere to Koran? Why not? How can you be sure it is not the “word of God”? Better safe than sorry Nick.

Tell me all about the Koran when you get through reading it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You can find it for yourself. No man can spoon feed you on this one.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:38)

Hi KJ,
    shows a certain lack of awareness of the danger this puts you and your family in.

In the words of Stevie Wonder “There is superstition”. Do you adhere to Koran? Why not? How can you be sure it is not the “word of God”? Better safe than sorry Nick.

Hi KJ,
    To the simple all things look good.

Proverbs 1:22
    How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
    Proverbs 14:15
    The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
    Proverbs 14:18
    The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
    Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:42)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:38)

Hi KJ,

Hi KJ,
    To the simple all things look good.

Proverbs 1:22
    How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
    Proverbs 14:15
    The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
    Proverbs 14:18
    The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
    Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Exactly! It is simple-minded — and blind — faith to ignore the many problems with the presentation of God in the bible. You are heading in the right direction Nick. Glad I could help.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:24)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,09:21)
    If God is spirit, how did Adam and Eve hear Him walking in the garden? The initial view of God according to the bible was very human it seems.

Hi KJ,
    God is invisible
    God is [a] spirit.
    Does God have form?

Philippians 2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Does God have a soul?

4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

So how did Adam and Eve hear this invisible formless God walk? And are you accepting the trinity now?

Hi Kj,
    Formless?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:53)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,12:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,19:24)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 21 2008,09:21)
    If God is spirit, how did Adam and Eve hear Him walking in the garden? The initial view of God according to the bible was very human it seems.

Hi KJ,
    God is invisible
    God is [a] spirit.
    Does God have form?

Philippians 2:6
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Does God have a soul?

4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

So how did Adam and Eve hear this invisible formless God walk? And are you accepting the trinity now?

Hi Kj,
    Formless?

Yes. Show me spirit Nick, tell me what form it is in. Have a picture?

BTW the word used for “form” in your reference does not imply the spiritual form Jesus was in, as in shape.

kejonn
    Participant

Gen 1:2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

What “form” do you suppose the spirit was in? A dove again?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Your insults resound against the God Who can give you answers.

kejonn
    Participant

**sigh** Still empty philosophy and baseless warnings Nick. Your superstition drives you to the edge.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,20:12)
    Hi KJ,
    Your insults resound against the God Who can give you answers.

Curious here. If YOU are a child of God, why can't you give me the answers. You must be out of tune with God. How then are you you closer to Him than me if you have no answers?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You cannot hear from us.
    You cannot listen to the Word of God.
    If someone rose from the dead would you listen?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,20:20)
    Hi KJ,
    You cannot hear from us.
    You cannot listen to the Word of God.
    If someone rose from the dead would you listen?

Sure. But it hasn't happened outside of the bible (or some other texts) so I may have to wait awhile.

Basically you are just saying you have no insight Nick. Thus I can see that belief in the infallibility of the bible does no more for you than someone like me who does not hold to such a belief.

What a waste of a good mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    No.
    Just nothing to offer those who hate God.

kejonn
    Participant

Haha, sure Nick, think what you want. If it makes you sleep better tonight thinking I hate God, so be it. Perhaps you'll stop and think what the bible has done for the image of God and change your approach.

If someone gives me an opinion of you that is not accurate, does that actually change who you are? By the same token, the bible just gives a view of god that is likely not realistic but rather based on a primitive mindset and a longing to claim God selfishly for a certain sect of humanity. The words do not affect the true reality of God, just the viewpoint that some people have of Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We are not meant to have a philosophical viewpoint of God
    but rather to know His loving kindness day by day.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,20:50)
    Hi KJ,
    We are not meant to have a philosophical viewpoint of God
    but rather to know His loving kindness day by day.

How's this for “loving kindness'? Excerpts from Angry God, angry people

At the more sec­u­lar Dutch school, the re­sults were sur­pris­ing­ly sim­i­lar, the sci­en­tists said. Al­though the stu­dents were less like­ly to be in­flu­enced by the source of the ma­te­ri­al, they blast­ed more ag­gres­sively when the pas­sage they read in­clud­ed God’s sanc­tion­ing of the vi­o­lence. This held true even for non­be­liev­ers, though to a less­er ex­tent.

The find­ings shed light on the pos­si­ble ori­gins of vi­o­lent re­li­gious fun­da­men­tal­ism, the re­search­ers said, and fit with the­o­ries hold­ing that vi­o­lent scrip­tures help lead ex­trem­ists to ag­gres­sion. “To the ex­tent re­li­gious ex­trem­ists en­gage in pro­longed, se­lec­tive read­ing of the scrip­tures, fo­cus­ing on vi­o­lent ret­ri­bu­tion to­ward unbe­liev­ers in­stead of the over­all mes­sage of ac­cept­ance and un­der­stand­ing,” wrote Bush­man, “one might ex­pect to see in­creased bru­tality.”

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

kejonn
    Participant

Some examples of the “loving kindness” of the bible God in Genesis.
    (1) God is pleased when Abel kills an animal but displeased with Cain for vegetables. No reason is given but the bible God does love killing animals. The result? Cain kills Abel.
    (2) Bible God makes imperfect man and tires of him so he kills everyone except Noah and his family. He also kills the animals too with no reason given.
    (3) Although certain animals are clean, bible God has Noah kill them when he gets off the ark. Bible God loves death it seems.
    (4) Abram is promised a child but can't wait on bible God so he and Sarai go outside of bible God's plan and have a child through Hagar. Sarai then becomes jealous, so bible God tells Hagar that her son will have many enemies. And he is OK with this.
    (5) Bible God spares Lot who is willing to allow his daughters to be raped, but kills the rest of the homos in town.
    (6) Dinah is “defiled” by a man who loves her (Gen 34). Her brothers then trick everyone in the town and kill them, taking their wives and children as their own. All of this is sanctioned by bible God.
    (7) Some dude named Er was “evil” so bible God killed him (Gen 38:7). His dad Judah told Er's brother Onan to have sex with his dead brother's wife to have children, but Onan didn't want to so bible God killed him too.

I'm sure more can be found.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    The Bible faithfully records the works of our God.
    So refer your criticism of God to Him not us.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2008,22:21)
    Hi KJ,
    The Bible faithfully records the works of our God.
    So refer your criticism of God to Him not us.

I can't go to bible God because He is not real. I can speak to his believers though because they believe bible God is their God and accept that He was a bloodthirsty God who all of a sudden became a God of love.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account