Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Moral uprightness is judged by God not men.

kejonn
    Participant

Ah, now we are moving forward. If this is so, why are you then so dogmatic that the Bible is the only truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,09:37)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,15:59)
    Hi Kj:

First, how do you know who has heard and who has not.  Certainly, there are hindrances to people hearing.

In the ministry of the Apostle Paul, he said:

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report F39? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

What's better, to allow people to choose their own path or force their hand? That is, how can a morally upright person benefit from hearing of Jesus if they choose not to believe when they were safe before you told them? The two ideals do not blend.

IOW, there are many millions throughout history who have never heard of Jesus. What is their fate? If you say that their works will determine this, how will it benefit them to hear of Jesus and then be damned to not accept him? If you believe in any of this, you are taking the chance of actually condemning people by telling them and forcing them to make a decision when it was not required before.

Do you understand what i am saying and the fallacy of such beliefs?

Hi KJ,
    Men are sure they can walk in their own righteousness but it is as filthy rags and they are all sinners called to repentance.
    Prov 14
    12There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Participant

Hi Kj:

First, how do you know who has heard and who has not.  Certainly, there are hindrances to people hearing.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report F39? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

What's better, to allow people to choose their own path or force their hand? That is, how can a morally upright person benefit from hearing of Jesus if they choose not to believe when they were safe before you told them? The two ideals do not blend.

IOW, there are many millions throughout history who have never heard of Jesus. What is their fate? If you say that their works will determine this, how will it benefit them to hear of Jesus and then be damned to not accept him? If you believe in any of this, you are taking the chance of actually condemning people by telling them and forcing them to make a decision when it was not required before.

Hi KJ:

No, I do not understand what you are saying.

I believe that you just do not understand the love of God for humanity.

Those millions that have never heard. Are you talking before or after the NT era?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,16:49)
    Hi KJ,
    Men are sure they can walk in their own righteousness but it is as filthy rags and they are all sinners called to repentance.
    Prov 14
    12There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

The writer of the Proverb knew nothing of Jesus, so which way was the right way when the writer penned this?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,17:13)

Hi Kj:

First, how do you know who has heard and who has not. Certainly, there are hindrances to people hearing.

Hi KJ:

Those millions that have never heard. Are you talking before or after the NT era?

Anytime, it does not matter. There are still parts of the world where people never hear of the gospel. What is the fate of those people?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,11:27)

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

The writer of the Proverb knew nothing of Jesus, so which way was the right way when the writer penned this?

The right way from the beginning of creation until now is obedience to God's commandments.

But Jesus is the propitiation for the sins (all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) of all who have striven to obey him from the beginning even until the end.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,09:45)
    Ah, now we are moving forward. If this is so, why are you then so dogmatic that the Bible is the only truth?

HKJ,
    The bible is the only recognised written expression of Almighty God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

Hi KJ,
    Are you unaware of the everlasting nature of biblical truth?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,11:29)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,17:13)

Hi Kj:

Hi KJ:

Those millions that have never heard.  Are you talking before or after the NT era?

Anytime, it does not matter. There are still parts of the world where people never hear of the gospel. What is the fate of those people?

Hi Kj:

It is my commission and that of the church to go and share the gospel with every creature, and so, if you will tell me where those are who have not heard, I will do what I can to reach them and let them know the wonderful news of God's love for them.

Frankly, I don't know the fate of those who may have not heard the gospel, but I know that God is just God.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,18:40)

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

The right way from the beginning of creation until now is obedience to God's commandments.

But Jesus is the propitiation for the sins (all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) of all who have striven to obey him from the beginning even until the end.

Did you know that means of atonement without blood were already being practiced well before Jesus hit the scene? Therefore, Jesus' death as a blood sacrifice would have been “old school” yet not quite so because it had zero resemblance to actual blood sacrifice.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,19:26)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,09:45)

HKJ,
    The bible is the only recognised written expression of Almighty God.

You need to correct this statement by adding “The bible is the only recognised written expression of Almighty God BY CERTAIN PEOPLES.”

The Jews do not accept the NT as the written expression of God, nor do Muslims fully accept it. The Mormons try to trump it with their own book, the JWs retranslate it to better reflect their theology, many other religions view other documents as you do the bible.

Now show me how you are more correct than any of these other people.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,19:29)

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

Hi KJ,
    Are you unaware of the everlasting nature of biblical truth?

Is that your final answer? Because it really is not an answer.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,19:46)
    Hi Kj:

It is my commission and that of the church to go and share the gospel with every creature, and so, if you will tell me where those are who have not heard, I will do what I can to reach them and let them know the wonderful news of God's love for them.

Frankly, I don't know the fate of those who may have not heard the gospel, but I know that God is just God.

What is the fate of those who hear the gospel and because of their culture and values find it repugnant?

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,13:00)

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

Did you know that means of atonement without blood were already being practiced well before Jesus hit the scene? Therefore, Jesus' death as a blood sacrifice would have been “old school” yet not quite so because it had zero resemblance to actual blood sacrifice.

Hi KJ:

There is no atonement for sin other than the provision that God has made.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,13:06)

Hi Kj:

What is the fate of those who hear the gospel and because of their culture and values find it repugnant?

Hi KJ,
    Do you want a role in organising the plans of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You say
    “The bible is the only recognised written expression of Almighty God BY CERTAIN PEOPLES.”
    No. As I wrote was fine.
    God has one gospel for all men.
    He is not a God of confusion but of peace.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2008,20:21)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,13:00)

Hi KJ,
    Prov 14

Hi KJ:

There is no atonement for sin other than the provision that God has made.

Shall I show you where blood sacrifice was definitely not the only means of atonement in the OT?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,20:26)

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 20 2008,13:06)

Hi Kj:

Hi KJ,
    Do you want a role in organising the plans of God?

Sure, why not. Just add mine to the Hindu, Sikh, Bahai, Christian, Judaic, Taoist, etc. plans.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 19 2008,20:28)
    Hi KJ,
    You say
    “The bible is the only recognised written expression of Almighty God BY CERTAIN PEOPLES.”
    No. As I wrote was fine.
    God has one gospel for all men.
    He is not a God of confusion but of peace.

Then maybe you need to come out from that rock and expose yourself to the vast world out there that disagrees with your narrow view.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account