Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 08 2007,23:07)
    Hi Nick

Is the only reality what you can see and understand?

Yes. The same is true for you.

Is there nothing beyond your vision?

No, but there is nothing that cannot in principle be brought within range of my ‘vision’.

Is it all about you then?

No, I am not christian, and my worldview is not egocentric.  I am utterly astonished to have been born human.  The universe does not particularly care about me.  It is remarkable that evolution by natural selection has resulted in at least one species able to consider its own existence.  There is no special rigging of things to make my sentience more likely to have happened – it just is.  I think it is all about you if you have a special programme that will ensure you a place in the club class lounge of the  next life as long as you keep paying the subscriptions in this one.  I have no special requirements.  My brief time on this planet is a joyous curiosity in itself without me trying to think of myself as the product of some unlikely and incomprehensible overplan.

Are you the only one who can influence your life? Are you in complete control? When you drive along the road do you worry that opposing cars could cross the centre line and do you some serious injury?

Surely I am not.  I'm not certain I know why this is relevant, though.

All life and it's consequences are beyond our complete control and that is the comfort of scripture.

Does scripture make you immune to cars crossing the centreline?

It shows that God is aware of the life of everyone who knows him or not and is a constant positive influence for good. Bad things do happen but those who know Him walk in peace.

That sounds like soft soap to me.

And beyond life there is a resurrection for all and it is better to have already obtained forgiveness in His son.

Do you have to take your christian clubcard with you when you go to heaven, or do they have a computer record of the points you have accumulated here on earth?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    You say nothing exists that you cannot grasp?
    You seem to be very like God
    in your imaginations.

Yes God controls every aspect of my life and knows when a hair falls from my head.

Everything we do is recorded and we will someday have that record judged.

Better to have already passed from death to life and to avoid judgement, safe in His beloved Son.[jn5]

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 10 2007,13:47)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 08 2007,23:07)
    Hi Nick

Is the only reality what you can see and understand?

Yes. The same is true for you.

Is there nothing beyond your vision?

No, but there is nothing that cannot in principle be brought within range of my ‘vision’.

Is it all about you then?

No, I am not christian, and my worldview is not egocentric.  I am utterly astonished to have been born human.  The universe does not particularly care about me.  It is remarkable that evolution by natural selection has resulted in at least one species able to consider its own existence.  There is no special rigging of things to make my sentience more likely to have happened – it just is.  I think it is all about you if you have a special programme that will ensure you a place in the club class lounge of the  next life as long as you keep paying the subscriptions in this one.  I have no special requirements.  My brief time on this planet is a joyous curiosity in itself without me trying to think of myself as the product of some unlikely and incomprehensible overplan.

Are you the only one who can influence your life? Are you in complete control? When you drive along the road do you worry that opposing cars could cross the centre line and do you some serious injury?

Surely I am not.  I'm not certain I know why this is relevant, though.

All life and it's consequences are beyond our complete control and that is the comfort of scripture.

Does scripture make you immune to cars crossing the centreline?

It shows that God is aware of the life of everyone who knows him or not and is a constant positive influence for good. Bad things do happen but those who know Him walk in peace.

That sounds like soft soap to me.

And beyond life there is a resurrection for all and it is better to have already obtained forgiveness in His son.

Do you have to take your christian clubcard with you when you go to heaven, or do they have a computer record of the points you have accumulated here on earth?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    You seem to be very like God
    in your imaginations.

Yes God controls every aspect of my life and knows when a hair falls from my head.

Better to have already passed from death to life and to avoid judgement, safe in His beloved Son.[jn5]

Nick I am going with you on this. Walk in the Spirit and you have nothing to fear.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick

No. That was not the answer I gave and does not reflect the question you asked.

You seem to be very like God in your imaginations.

So you claim to know the mind of god? You can imagine how unsafe that makes you, to my way of thinking.

Not even prisoners on 24 hour watch have every fallen hair counted. You must feel like you are serving something worse than a prison sentence. Is this deity of yours an obsessive-compulsive?

The deity is an obsessive-compulsive and his followers suffer paranoid delusion.

Better to have already passed from death to life and to avoid judgement, safe in His beloved Son.

This is worse than a B-grade movie script. There is a great deal of focus on death in christianity. Do you think it could be classed as a kind of death cult?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    No our faith is in what is not seen and based on what we know has been given us by God, the Holy Scriptures.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 14 2007,09:17)
    Hi Stu,
    No our faith is in what is not seen and based on what we know has been given us by God, the Holy Scriptures.

But there is a lot of focus on death, apprehension about what may or may not happen after death, and promising death for those who do not conform to the club book of rules. It required the death of its founder in order for others to be 'saved'. Why is it not classified as a death cult?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 08 2007,00:11)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 07 2007,23:51)
    As far as patronizing goes, well I think a bit of humour is good when people teach or try to convince others that nothing created everything. Humour is another way of saying that this discussion has gone beyond the state of seriousness.

Come on stu, a ridiculous statement or theory like that deserves a bit of stick don't you think?

Think of nothing, then think of a banana.

Now imagine the first stage. The stage after nothing.

What do you see?

It's hilarious t8, I'm wetting myself. Gee. Chortle.

I'm not sure you would find too many, even here, who would equate patronising someone with humour. Do you think you have some kind of in-joke with a dedicated audience?

How do you go with deuterocanonical scripture?

2 Maccabees 7:28 Son, look upon heaven and earth, and all that is in them: and consider that God made them out of nothing.

Ex nihilo – from nothing. Did your Non-Existent Friend have lots of stuff from which to make the universe, or did he create from nothing? Is he nothing, or was he created from nothing? If he had stuff, couldn't you already call that a universe? Who created him? What does creation by your creator predict? Microwave radiation? Given the utter lack of need for him by any scientific theory or by a very large chunk of the world population, it's almost as if the creator is an add-on invention of the deluded imagination…

Stuart

You still cannot answer the question.

Therefore you have faith that nothing became something.

How extraordinary.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 14 2007,20:24)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 08 2007,00:11)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 07 2007,23:51)
    As far as patronizing goes, well I think a bit of humour is good when people teach or try to convince others that nothing created everything. Humour is another way of saying that this discussion has gone beyond the state of seriousness.

Come on stu, a ridiculous statement or theory like that deserves a bit of stick don't you think?

Think of nothing, then think of a banana.

Now imagine the first stage. The stage after nothing.

What do you see?

It's hilarious t8, I'm wetting myself.  Gee.  Chortle.

I'm not sure you would find too many, even here, who would equate patronising someone with humour.  Do you think you have some kind of in-joke with a dedicated audience?

How do you go with deuterocanonical scripture?

2 Maccabees 7:28 Son, look upon heaven and earth, and all that is in them: and consider that God made them out of nothing.

Ex nihilo – from nothing.  Did your Non-Existent Friend have lots of stuff from which to make the universe, or did he create from nothing?  Is he nothing, or was he created from nothing?   If he had stuff, couldn't you already call that a universe?  Who created him?  What does creation by your creator predict?  Microwave radiation?  Given the utter lack of need for him by any scientific theory or by a very large chunk of the world population, it's almost as if the creator is an add-on invention of the deluded imagination…  

Stuart

Therefore you have faith that nothing became something.

How extraordinary.

Stu I have to add to say and stupid and an uneduxcated that nothing became something. Rather to belief in a creator. That I find so stupid.

Stu
    Participant

Hi IM4Truth

Stu I have to add to say and stupid and an uneduxcated that nothing became something. Rather to belief in a creator. That I find so stupid.

If you go back far enough into the big bang you get to a point where you just run out of theories. The tiniest particles do come into and go out of existence all the time. I think the problem we still have is that we still don’t know enough about matter and energy (and especially dark energy and dark matter) to really have a good idea of how it came into being.

Science has a few very interesting ideas on ‘nothing to something’, but nothing as good as electrical theory or atomic theory or evolutionary theory.

You believe that a creator did it. Even though people here share the same view, and claim to be able to communicate with a god that knows everything, still we are no closer to a full explanation.

The fact is, that if you put a god in here, then the problem is worse, because you have to explain the mind of the creator, as well as how it was done. Also you have to say where the creator came from.

Science doesn’t know much about ‘nothing to something’ yet. Christians don’t know either.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

t8

You’re the one who talks to a god that knows everything. Why don’t you answer it for us?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You say
    ” The tiniest particles do come into and go out of existence all the time.”

Really?
    Something develops from nothing all the time?
    Well I'll be darned.

Can you prove this?

acertainchap
    Participant

I know Nick it's ridiculous what Stu and so many evolutionists propose. Everything coming from nothing? GIVE ME A BREAK. Peace.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 15 2007,06:15)
    Hi IM4Truth

If you go back far enough into the big bang you get to a point where you just run out of theories.  The tiniest particles do come into and go out of existence all the time.  I think the problem we still have is that we still don’t know enough about matter and energy (and especially dark energy and dark matter) to really have a good idea of how it came into being.

Science has a few very interesting ideas on ‘nothing to something’, but nothing as good as electrical theory or atomic theory or evolutionary theory.

You believe that a creator did it.  Even though people here share the same view, and claim to be able to communicate with a god that knows everything, still we are no closer to a full explanation.

The fact is, that if you put a god in here, then the problem is worse, because you have to explain the mind of the creator, as well as how it was done.  Also you have to say where the creator came from.

Science doesn’t know much about ‘nothing to something’ yet.  Christians don’t know either.

Stuart

Oh yes Christians do know. We see the creator by the things seen. That is a design that God created. Just to take the eye how delicate and how complex it is, there is no way that that could have come by a big bang. That to me is stupid to believe that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Dec. 17 2007,13:59)
    I know Nick it's ridiculous what Stu and so many evolutionists propose. Everything coming from nothing? GIVE ME A BREAK. Peace.

But you can't say why you say it is ridiculous. That is ridiculous.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 17 2007,15:24)

Hi IM4Truth

If you go back far enough into the big bang you get to a point where you just run out of theories.  The tiniest particles do come into and go out of existence all the time.  I think the problem we still have is that we still don’t know enough about matter and energy (and especially dark energy and dark matter) to really have a good idea of how it came into being.

You believe that a creator did it.  Even though people here share the same view, and claim to be able to communicate with a god that knows everything, still we are no closer to a full explanation.

The fact is, that if you put a god in here, then the problem is worse, because you have to explain the mind of the creator, as well as how it was done.  Also you have to say where the creator came from.

Science doesn’t know much about ‘nothing to something’ yet.  Christians don’t know either.

Stuart

Oh yes Christians do know. We see the creator by the things seen. That is a design that God created. Just to take the eye how delicate and how complex it is, there is no way that that could have come by a big  bang. That to me is stupid to believe that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

I don't expect that you will read it. You said it doesn't matter whether evolution is true or not. If you really believe it doesn't matter, why did you post on the subject?

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 17 2007,19:04)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 17 2007,15:24)

Hi IM4Truth

Stuart

Oh yes Christians do know. We see the creator by the things seen. That is a design that God created. Just to take the eye how delicate and how complex it is, there is no way that that could have come by a big  bang. That to me is stupid to believe that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

I don't expect that you will read it.  You said it doesn't matter whether evolution is true or not.  If you really believe it doesn't matter, why did you post on the subject?

Stuart

Stu I did not post on that subject, I posted that there is a creator, which you do not belief in. I care less what science tells me. Big Bang does not make sense.
    Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu Latley I have been posting to you and I am really sory that I have because I go against the advice of 2 John 17-11
    So I am going to try to do what is right from scriptures and make this my last post to you. May God help us all. Goodbye again.
    Ms.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 17 2007,18:59)

But you can't say why you say it is ridiculous.  That is ridiculous.

Stuart

Stu, If you look all around you hard enough – actually you need not look hard enough – at how beautiful and complex our Earth is, then you will see that it wasn't an accident. That is why, Stu. Peace.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Dec. 17 2007,23:56)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 17 2007,18:59)

But you can't say why you say it is ridiculous.  That is ridiculous.

Stuart

Stu, If you look all around you hard enough – actually you need not look hard enough – at how beautiful and complex our Earth is, then you will see that it wasn't an accident. That is why, Stu. Peace.

Where have I ever said the earth and its wonder arose from an accident?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    The only reality for you, you say, is what you can see and understand.
    Wars are evidence that what everyone can see and understand is far from universal.
    So, whether you like it or not, you are egocentric as we do not share your view of truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You have known the bible well but have never heard the voice of God
    there and now have lost respect for both God and His works and words?
    I can understand someone never reading the bible and not respecting it.

But coming to prefer the offerings of mere men is a little hard to take.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account