Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    None of us in Christ is so flawed that we cannot be used wonderfully by God in our appointed roles.
    Paul was given wisdom as Peter confirmed and other gifts and he is beautifully used of God.

kejonn
    Participant

So show me where he never made a mistake, including his writings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So you want to find where you know more?
    Only you would know.

kejonn
    Participant

I don't have time for your jab-jab, tennis court volleys Nick. Sometimes I think you can disagree with a stump. Seekingtruth wrote some good stuff and all you could tell him was that he needed to be born again, as if he wasn't. So here, argue with this for awhile

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    There is hope for a tree when it is cut down.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:48)
    The OT says

Lev 19:11  'You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Paul says

2Co 11:8  I robbed other churches by taking wages from them to serve you;

Rom 3:7  But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner?

Just showing Paul was a faulty human. Knock him off that pedestal and just admit he was a great teacher with his own set of faults.

2 Corinthians 11:8

I robbed other churches – The churches of Macedonia and elsewhere, which had ministered to his needs. Probably he refers especially to the church at Philippi (see Philippians 4:15-16), which seems to have done more than almost any other church for his support. By the use of the word “robbed” here Paul does not mean that he had obtained anything from them in a violent or unlawful manner, or anything which they did not give voluntarily. The word ( ̓́ esulēsa ) means properly, “I spoiled, plundered, robbed,” but the idea of Paul here is, that he, as it were, robbed them, because he did not render an equivalent for what they gave him. They supported him when he was laboring for another people. A conqueror who plunders a country gives no equivalent for what he takes. In this sense only could Paul say that he had plundered the church at Philippi. His general principle was, that “the laborer was worthy of his hire,” and that a man was to receive his support from the people for whom he labored (see I Corinthians 9:7-14), but this rule he had not observed in this case.

Taking wages of them – Receiving a support from them. They bore my expenses.

To do you service – That I might labor among you without being supposed to be striving to obtain your property, and that I might not be compelled to labor with my own hands, and thus to prevent my preaching the gospel as I could otherwise do. The supply from other churches rendered it unnecessary in a great measure that his time should be taken off from the ministry in order to obtain a support.

Source: http://bibletools.org/….s

kejonn
    Participant

I love it when people make excuses for the goof-ups of others after the fact. Paul could have worded it differently, but he wrote what he wrote. Its no big deal, we just see another instance why Paul is not perfect and still sins. Why is that a big deal? Why do you feel you must cover it up and make excuses?

Not3in1
    Participant

Remember that words and language in general has morphed into various meanings over time. Come on, Kevin, it is possible that Paul meant it just as Is. is proposing? Anyway, that is how I always understood it. I think Paul was using figures of speech and you may be taking him literally?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,13:52)
    Paul said he robbed so I am not judging. Blame Paul not me.

rob:

1. Law. To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.
    2. To take valuable or desired articles unlawfully from: rob a bank.
    1. To deprive unjustly of something belonging to, desired by, or legally due (someone): robbed her of her professional standing.
    2. To deprive of something injuriously: a parasite that robs a tree of its sap.
    4. To take as booty; steal.

Using the dictionary is helpful. During my massive study on the Trinity, I had a dicitionary next to my bible at all times.

I have to say though, it doesn't help when words are potentially used in a different manner than we use them today. We must carefully take this into consideration before drawing any definite line in the sand as to our understanding.

For instance, “gay” used to mean “happy” back in the 1900's. Now we use “gay” to mean “homosexual”. There are plenty of words that we could point to that have changed over time.

Just some thoughts…….I'm with you in your struggle to know, I really am.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,23:20)
    I love it when people make excuses for the goof-ups of others after the fact. Paul could have worded it differently, but he wrote what he wrote. Its no big deal, we just see another instance why Paul is not perfect and still sins. Why is that a big deal? Why do you feel you must cover it up and make excuses?

Hi KJ,
    I think you harshly judge one of the most effective servants of God.
    You alone would know why you choose to denigrate him.
    It helps nobody including you.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 24 2008,12:03)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 24 2008,23:20)

Hi KJ,
    I think you harshly judge one of the most effective servants of God.
    You alone would know why you choose to denigrate him.
    It helps nobody including you.

Wrong muchacho. I simply point out that Paul was human like you or I. I've written and said several things that were wrong. Was Paul immune?

Not3in1
    Participant

I think Paul was “wrong” like we are all wrong at one time or another – we all sin. There are pastor's who are in charge of large congregations who have fallen from such heights. Why would Paul be any different? For me, I don't think he was. Also, Peter displayed great humanity and failed often, but God still used him. These men are instruments of God's power, they are not the power themselves.

We are also instruments of God's love and power. My instrument is in the shop getting tuned-up! :;):

Not3in1
    Participant

BTW, Kejonn, I've been reading here and there about how you are struggling with your weight……try taking a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning (it'll boost your metabolism*and promote a good cleansing job).

**These statements have not been approved by anyone** :D

kejonn
    Participant

Well, the short of it is that I weight 205 at 6' 1″. That's not really that bad but I weighed 185 a few years ago. I want to get back down to 180-185.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 25 2008,07:45)
    Well, the short of it is that I weight 205 at 6' 1″. That's not really that bad but I weighed 185 a few years ago. I want to get back down to 180-185.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM

It works!

It's kind of like a personal boot camp.

*son of light flexes*

Of course it is my spirit and reason I am ultimately more interested in flexing.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 25 2008,07:45)

Are you kidding me? A 6'1 guy at your weight is perfect! But I guess that's from a females point of view….. :;):

My husband is going on a health kick as of late. I've even caught him doing crunches in the garage – oh my! :laugh: Maybe it's time for his mid-life crisis? Oh geesh, I sure hope not. I want life to be easy for a while, it's been too hard lately.

kejonn
    Participant

I'd gladly stay at 205 if it was muscle and not fat :p.

Proclaimer
    Participant
    kejonn
    Participant

That was an odd statement: “I am 205 pounds and for some reason I are trying to lose weight but my body won't lose the pounds I feel so fat.?” :cool:

keyonn Do some exercises, that will turn your fat, if you have any, into muscle. You are getting older too, that usually makes a difference. Are you 40 yet? That is when it really starts, many will tell you that. Belief a Grandma I have been there many times. But being 6'1 and 205 seems just right.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account