Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,11:13)
    But I don't believe in one big G-d and a bunch of little gods. Thats the mythology.

do you believe in angels?

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,11:34)
    Actually, gnosticism wasn't isolated to Christianity. Many gnostics just happened to adopt Jesus.

True.

The most Ironic thing is Paul was a gnostic and the catholics worked hard to cover this up.

Towshab
    Participant

Actually, Paul was more than likely a follower of Mithraism.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,11:58)

He combined the nazarene movement with Mithraism. i would agree there.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,18:51)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,11:13)
    But I don't believe in one big G-d and a bunch of little gods. Thats the mythology.

do you believe in angels?

Yes.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,19:04)

He combined the nazarene movement with Mithraism. i would agree there.

I don't know. Most Nazarene sites I've seen seem to show a strong dislike for Paul.

Towshab
    Participant
    Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,12:24)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,19:04)

He combined the nazarene movement with Mithraism.  i would agree there.

I don't know. Most Nazarene sites I've seen seem to show a strong dislike for Paul.

yes because he combined their faith with roman mystery religions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    He was a faithful servant of God.
    The others hate him because his words accuse them.

Nick I am glad there is somebody around with a sound mind. What is so ironic too, that so many Christians died by the hand of the R.R,.C. because the owned a Bible. Both the New and Old Testament.
    As far as the Jewish people is concerned the have to deny Jsus because it was them that crucified Him, and they don't want to admit that.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    I am IM4Truth:D :D :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2007,04:53)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 25 2007,23:11)
    HI Tow,

I must say that I sincerely respect and admire the deep belief of Nick and WorshippingJesus.
    But I can not understand how otherwise rational people can convince themselves that the evil things that God supposedly commanded
    were not evil because God can do no evil.

I would think that God would be happier if His people chose not to believe what was falsely written about Him rather than
    try to twist it into something good when it was not.
    I wonder if Nick or WJ really thought that God was telling them to go kill every man, woman and child in a certain city,
    if they would. I suspect that, being decent men, they would deny that God would even command such a thing. They would probably say  that it was coming from satan. So why do they believe that God would command it of Moses?

People like Hitler claimed that he was doing what God wanted when he commited genocide against the Jews.
    Did anyone believe that?

Tim

Hi Tim4.,
    Make your mind up.
    Either what is written is true or untrue.
    If you decide it is untrue then you had better go in search of writings you can believe come from God.

“Either what is written was true or untrue.”

Here we go with the absolute truth idea again.

Nick, it has been proven that some of what was written was NOT true. Some of what was written (as in 1 John 5:7) was added in by a scribe and should not of been attributed to the so-called inspired author.

I ask again, how can you use the bible as a basis for absolute truth when tons of people read it and come out with different outcomes? I don't get this!

Your quote above forces me to make a decision, it seems. Either the bible is true or it is not. There appears to be no middle-ground? How can you say the bible is absolutely true when there are obvious errors?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Just because the bible is truth
    should not blind you to accepting
    there are imperfections,false translations,
    different choice of manuscripts, and cultural matters.
    Knowing them helps us work on preserving the essence of truth.

Not3in1
    Participant

“….the essence of truth.” Interesting.

You say the bible is truth yet…….all these things that have goofed it up. Hmmm See, I just can't buy that for a dollar anymore. The reason is that if the bible is truth AND inspired of God (that's a a biggie), then how come the mess-up's? And why didn't God allow his Word to be more pure so that we could find the absolute truth? As it is, we have to guess at it. Or as you say, study all the possiblities for running-a-muck and try to preserve the essence of the absolute truth that is hidden there. Ya, I get it now. ???

Mandy A wise Man once said that the Bible is like a big Puzzle, if you put the right pieces together it makes sense. I have not forgotten that, and when I see an error I look at the whole picture not just that error. It was man that translated the scroll into the Bible and they were small pieces and it is understandable that some may be different, but over all the Bible is the word of God. That is what I believe.
    Peace and Love Mrs IM4Truth :D :D :D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 12 2008,18:09)
    Mandy A wise Man once said that the Bible is like a big Puzzle, if you put the right pieces together it makes sense. I have not forgotten that, and when I see an error I look at the whole picture not just that error. It was man that translated the scroll into the Bible and they were small pieces and it is understandable that some may be different, but over all the Bible is the word of God. That is what I believe.
    Peace and Love Mrs IM4Truth :D :D :D

So do you add up the number of times that the bible says god appeared to someone and take away the number of times it is written that no one has ever seen god, and use the result to decide the truth?

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

if you put the right pieces together it makes sense

That is a mighty big if.

Especially considering your life depends on whether or not you are good at putting puzzles together. What about the simple-minded folks?

Look, I've been trying to put the puzzle together for nearly 4 years straight now, and what I've recently found is that we can all start out with the same number of pieces of the same puzzle and come up with different pictures at the end. It's some sort of magical puzzle……it becomes what you want it to be.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,18:24)

if you put the right pieces together it makes sense

That is a mighty big if.

Especially considering your life depends on whether or not you are good at putting puzzles together.  What about the simple-minded folks?

Look, I've been trying to put the puzzle together for nearly 4 years straight now, and what I've recently found is that we can all start out with the same number of pieces of the same puzzle and come up with different pictures at the end.  It's some sort of magical puzzle……it becomes what you want it to be.

Yes! That is the meaning of life. It is the meaning you give it. There is no absolute at all. That is true for Mrs.IM4Truth and Nick (they choose the off-the-peg meaning in scripture which claims to be absolute but isn't) it is true for Towshab (he interprets the allegories of the Tanach and other things) it is true for me (don't ask!) and it is true for you too. If you stop questioning your own life meaning then I think you may as well be dead. I just wonder how many here do question the directions of their journey. Some certainly do, to their great credit. To never find 'the answer' could be the true answer! That is the truth of science.

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 12 2008,18:33)
    it is true for me (don't ask!) and it is true for you too.

:laugh: Actually I did ask…..in the thread “Questions for Stu” – but maybe you haven't had time to take a look, or maybe you are just blowing my question off. It's OK, really. It is a nosey question and really none of my business. I'm just curious about you and in some small way, as we share here on this board, you feel like you begin to “know” people.

I guess that has been part of my down-fall here……some feel as if they “know” me on such a personal level that my searching is causing them great pain. For that I feel sad. Of course I mean no harm to any of my brothers and sisters.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,17:55)
    “….the essence of truth.”  Interesting.

You say the bible is truth yet…….all these things that have goofed it up.  Hmmm  See, I just can't buy that for a dollar anymore.  The reason is that if the bible is truth AND inspired of God (that's a a biggie), then how come the mess-up's?  And why didn't God allow his Word to be more pure so that we could find the absolute truth?  As it is, we have to guess at it.  Or as you say, study all the possiblities for running-a-muck and try to preserve the essence of the absolute truth that is hidden there.  Ya, I get it now.  ???

Hi NOT3,
    You want God to be so boring?
    Keep searching for answers and putting the puzzle together.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2008,18:41)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,17:55)
    “….the essence of truth.”  Interesting.

You say the bible is truth yet…….all these things that have goofed it up.  Hmmm  See, I just can't buy that for a dollar anymore.  The reason is that if the bible is truth AND inspired of God (that's a a biggie), then how come the mess-up's?  And why didn't God allow his Word to be more pure so that we could find the absolute truth?  As it is, we have to guess at it.  Or as you say, study all the possiblities for running-a-muck and try to preserve the essence of the absolute truth that is hidden there.  Ya, I get it now.  ???

Hi NOT3,
    You want God to be so boring?
    Keep searching for answers and putting the puzzle together.

No thanks. I've never cared for puzzles – they're maddening.

I'm assuming God doesn't actually care how many people find the absolute truth in the bible. Because the truth he has left us in the bible is very obscure. The “Spirit” doesn't seem to offer much assistance in the way of discovering this absolute truth either – because he tells everyone something different.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account