Uncertainty

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Your court continues.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 11 2008,14:40)
    Hi Stu,
    Your court continues.

Sorry I don't get it. Maybe if you can quote Paul that might help me to understand.

Stuart

kejonn
    Participant

Maybe he meant a tennis court.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 11 2008,07:06)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 10 2008,20:35)
    But eternal torture seems to be OK. According to Rev. its a Pay-per-view event in heaven.

Speaking of hell…..

If God knows all, why did he create a race of people that would end up disobeying him and being “cast into” this hell?  Wouldn't that be cruel?  And if he didn't know what these folks ultimate choice would be, that is, to serve him or not to serve him –  then how can he be an all-knowing God?  Hmmm

The questions don't get any easier, they just keep coming to me.

This isn't the doubt that the book of James refers to, Nick.  This is the common sense that God has gifted my mind with.  He created me to ask, “Why?”.   But it is offensive to some Christians who think asking why translates to loss of faith and ultimate salvation.  I believe the church has programed us this way………never question anything.  But God encourages us to prove all things.  Again with a contradiction, huh?  It's amazing that anyone can find God.  The Bible, and the church make it darn near impossible!

The ancient gnostic christians have the answer to the problem of evil.

God did not create this world nor is he the god of it. Rebellious angels did like Jehovah.

God will save us, but he wants sons of Light. He doesn't want to replace his bad sons with a new batch of baddies.

Walk in the Light and escape from the prison planet.

Towshab
    Participant

“What's this? I give you kids power to create and you make a world filled with evil little humans. Well guess I'll have to send my only good son to clean up your mess”

Its time to lay off the mescaline.

Towshab
    Participant

By the way SOL, your theory sounds very much like Greek mythology. Not quite as wild, but the idea of one main god and many little gods running around, creating havoc, is very myth like. But hey, if it works for you.

Is Allah another bad angel/god? Or is he YHVH? Who are the angels of the other countries? The Jewish people believe there were 70 guardian angels for 70 regions. Maybe we can go through the list of other religions and their gods and get the whole list of angels filled?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 11 2008,23:29)
    But hey, if it works for you.

Another great bottom line.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,21:02)

But eternal torture seems to be OK. According to Rev. its a Pay-per-view event in heaven.

Speaking of hell…..

If God knows all, why did he create a race of people that would end up disobeying him and being “cast into” this hell?  Wouldn't that be cruel?  And if he didn't know what these folks ultimate choice would be, that is, to serve him or not to serve him –  then how can he be an all-knowing God?  Hmmm

This isn't the doubt that the book of James refers to, Nick.  This is the common sense that God has gifted my mind with.  He created me to ask, “Why?”.   But it is offensive to some Christians who think asking why translates to loss of faith and ultimate salvation.  I believe the church has programed us this way………never question anything.  But God encourages us to prove all things.  Again with a contradiction, huh?  It's amazing that anyone can find God.  The Bible, and the church make it darn near impossible!

God did not create this world nor is he the god of it.  Rebellious angels did like Jehovah.

God will save us, but he wants sons of Light.  He doesn't want to replace his bad sons with a new batch of baddies.

Hi tow,
    The gnostics and their unbiblical esoteric ways were an early problem in the Church addressed by John. He advised of the need to check the spirits.
    Those who are not born again and discover that they are already guided from within to understandings that are not quite in line with scripture but seem spiritual fall in this category.
    Man is so vulnerable to deception.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,21:02)

Speaking of hell…..

God did not create this world nor is he the god of it.  Rebellious angels did like Jehovah.

God will save us, but he wants sons of Light.  He doesn't want to replace his bad sons with a new batch of baddies.

Hi SOL,
    1 John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Samuel 22:29
    For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.

Psalm 18:28
    For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Psalm 27:1
    The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

YHWH is written in the original for LORD in the OT and the Lord God YHWH is the Source of the light of Jesus.
    Be not deceived.

Son of Light
    Participant

By the way SOL, your theory sounds very much like Greek mythology. Not quite as wild, but the idea of one main god and many little gods running around, creating havoc, is very myth like. But hey, if it works for you.

Is Allah another bad angel/god? Or is he YHVH? Who are the angels of the other countries? The Jewish people believe there were 70 guardian angels for 70 regions. Maybe we can go through the list of other religions and their gods and get the whole list of angels filled?

Maybe so, but does that automatically disqualify it?

If we all share a common source and history funnels itself backwards to the beginning would not man universally have bits and pieces of the truth from ancient memory?

The 70 divided in the tablet of nations genesis 10. You know what I am talking about Tow. Jehovah was the one who watched over Israel.

Are all gods real? I didnt say that. Men have imaginations. I do think that an evil entity (angel/demon) could assume the role of such a god if is chose to.

By the way if I am completely off then:

God is not all good or he is not all powerful.

My view does not completely solve the problem of evil but it goes far closer than orthodox Judaism or Christianity.

You told me you believed in angels. (I think you did anyway)

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,13:46)

No but it makes it highly suspect.

If we all share a common source and history funnels itself backwards to the beginning would not man universally have bits and pieces of the truth from ancient memory?

Then Greek mythology was a good thing?

The 70 divided in the tablet of nations genesis 10. You know what I am talking about Tow.  Jehovah was the one who watched over Israel.

If the Most High did not create the earth and its inhabitants, why would he be the one to divide it?

Are all gods real?  I didnt say that.  Men have imaginations.  I do think that an evil entity (angel/demon) could assume the role of such a god if is chose to.

Dude, faulty logic. Even the GT speaks of leaven and the concept is valid in reality. Just because you have a little truth here and there doesn't mean all of it is good.

What would happen to you if you ate completely health foods every day, but the food was laced with a little poison? Soon you'd be dead.

My view does not completely solve the problem of evil but it goes far closer than orthodox Judaism or Christianity.

What do angels have to do with this. Oh yeah, you said YHVH was an angel. So YHVH was an angel who had His own angels? I guess there was an angel line of promotion or something.

And your view of evil is that YHVH is an evil angel and Jesus is a good angel, right? Man you're more steeped in dualism than the typical Christian. But can I call you a Christian? I guess technically I can because you believe in some form of a Jesus.

Just more confusion from the Christian realm. Great.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,08:41)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,13:46)

No but it makes it highly suspect.

Then Greek mythology was a good thing?

The 70 divided in the tablet of nations genesis 10. You know what I am talking about Tow.  Jehovah was the one who watched over Israel.

If the Most High did not create the earth and its inhabitants, why would he be the one to divide it?

Are all gods real?  I didnt say that.  Men have imaginations.  I do think that an evil entity (angel/demon) could assume the role of such a god if is chose to.

Dude, faulty logic. Even the GT speaks of leaven and the concept is valid in reality. Just because you have a little truth here and there doesn't mean all of it is good.

What would happen to you if you ate completely health foods every day, but the food was laced with a little poison? Soon you'd be dead.

What do angels have to do with this. Oh yeah, you said YHVH was an angel. So YHVH was an angel who had His own angels? I guess there was an angel line of promotion or something.

And your view of evil is that YHVH is an evil angel and Jesus is a good angel, right? Man you're more steeped in dualism than the typical Christian. But can I call you a Christian? I guess technically I can because you believe in some form of a Jesus.

Just more confusion from the Christian realm. Great.

What mythological concepts do you believe Tow?

If you are a pure deist then why pretend to honor the God of the Jews?

You either have a mythology of your own or you are simply a deist who has an aesthetic preference.

If that is so, why judge an aesthetic of mine?

Mine has a God of Love, yours has a God of Fear.

Please explain this to me?

Towshab
    Participant

I dunno, because I stopped believing in Greek mythology when I was about 9 I guess.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,08:54)
    I dunno, because I stopped believing in Greek mythology when I was about 9 I guess.

You believed in Greek mythology at age 8? Um, were you raised by pagans?

Seriously though, I think I made a good point and you kind a of skirted around it.

I would really like to know.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 11 2008,15:59)

You believed in Greek mythology at age 8?  Um, were you raised by pagans?

Seriously though, I think I made a good point and you kind a of skirted around it.

What good point? That you're scared of hell so no matter what you're going to cling to Jesus even though your view of him is diametrically opposed to almost all of Christendom?

On the Greek mythology thing, we studied it in school. I found it exciting back then but then I grew up a little and saw it as the fiction it was.

acertainchap
    Participant

Obviously mythology is fake so why bother believing in it? Yes it did make a good playful experience in school. The Bible is the absolute truth.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,09:15)

What good point? That you're scared of hell so no matter what you're going to cling to Jesus even though your view of him is diametrically opposed to almost all of Christendom?

On the Greek mythology thing, we studied it in school. I found it exciting back then but then I grew up a little and saw it as the fiction it was.

No I am not scared of Hell.

My alternative view of Jesus was shared by many early christians diametrically apposed to the menagerie of beliefs formed by the proto-orthodox greco/roman catholics. They were called nazarenes, ebionites and gnostics.

My view of Jesus stems from his essene roots as revealed by scholarship and archaeology.

You really don't get my point?

Let me reiterate then.

You are a deist. Yet you also claim to be a God-fearer of the Jewish God. Yet you strip every mythological element the Jews attribute to God. Making you just a deist.

You cater to a mythology and mock those who have a different mythology. How does this make any sense? How do you justify this? Unless, of course you do indeed believe some element of the Jewish mythology.

If you do not this you have chosen for purely artistic reasons to favor the Jewish faith. Why mock my choice?

In particular if we are just talking aesthetics then you have chosen a God of Fear and Anger. Yet mock me for choosing one of Love and Light.

Towshab
    Participant

But I don't believe in one big G-d and a bunch of little gods. Thats the mythology.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 12 2008,09:31)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,09:15)

No I am not scared of Hell.

My alternative view of Jesus was shared by many early christians diametrically apposed to the menagerie of beliefs formed by the proto-orthodox greco/roman catholics. They were called nazarenes, ebionites and gnostics.

My view of Jesus stems from his essene roots as revealed by scholarship and archaeology.

You really don't get my point?

Let me reiterate then.

You are a deist.  Yet you also claim to be a God-fearer of the Jewish God.  Yet you strip every mythological element the Jews attribute to God.  Making you just a deist.

You cater to a mythology and mock those who have a different mythology.  How does this make any sense?  How do you justify this?  Unless, of course you do indeed believe some element of the Jewish mythology.

If you do not this you have chosen for purely artistic reasons to favor the Jewish faith.  Why mock my choice?  

In particular if we are just talking aesthetics then you have chosen a God of Fear and Anger.  Yet mock me for choosing one of Love and Light.

Hi SOL,
    Gnostics were not early christians.
    They were one of the earliest heresies.

Towshab
    Participant

Actually, gnosticism wasn't isolated to Christianity. Many gnostics just happened to adopt Jesus.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account