True church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 04 2006,18:22)
    Hi Scripture Seeker,
    Hope the family is doing well.

I believe that the whore is best defined as those of religion that have sold themselves out to self interests. After a recent dialog with T8 I do have to agree that the Catholic Church as headquartered in Rome is the best candidate for the city, but I believe by the time of the prophecy it will include not just catholics but most of those who have chosen religion over God, in other words I believe it will include Baptist, Methodist, etc. From what I've read even the Catholic Church itself believes that there will be an evil pope in the future.

It's my opinion that all true believers are spread thoughout the denominations to be that light on a hill but the time is rapidly approaching (and possibly already begun) when we will be called out.

I guess the question to ask if your attending a church is do we stand out, not that we are noticed by how loud we are, but you live your life differently, you deal with people differently, Love is your motivation and it shows. God will provide you with opportunities to minister to those of lesser faith and draw them towards Him.

Bless you brother.

Good post seekingtruth,

I look foward to reading more of your posts.

:)

TJStarfire
    Participant

A true Church?
    In religious matters there is NO SUCH THING.

There is God
    There is You

You can chose to support Gods ways of forgiveness and peace
    or you can support the ways of punishment and violence.
    But you cannot serve two masters.

The only true church is the Body of Christ. A church needs not four walls or popes tah lead it. Neither the Jws or The Catholic are the true church. Yah lost the meaning. Jesus said upon you Peter i will build my church(The Body of Christ/true believers).
    Claims that one is the true church is boastful and proud. 1 Corinthians speaks of boasting. Boast in the Lord not in yourselves. You say I am the true church and boast that God has chosen you over all others. Pride comes before the fall.
    It is in God, in Jesus Christ that our hope lies, not in man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (OneoftheLordsGenerals @ April 08 2006,20:17)
    The only true church is the Body of Christ. A church needs not four walls or popes tah lead it. Neither the Jws or The Catholic are the true church. Yah lost the meaning. Jesus said upon you Peter i will build my church(The Body of Christ/true believers).
     Claims that one is the true church is boastful and proud. 1 Corinthians speaks of boasting. Boast in the Lord not in yourselves. You say I am the true church and boast that God has chosen you over all others. Pride comes before the fall.
     It is in God, in Jesus Christ that our hope lies, not in man.

Exactly ootlg,

God is the builder [Heb 3.4]and these are His plans.
    The wise man digs deep and builds on the rock of the Word.[Lk 6.48]
    The only possible foundation stone of Jesus is laid when we are born into him.[1Cor 3.11, Eph 2.20]]
    Alongside Christ are the stones of the apostles and prophets [Matt 16.18,Eph 2.20]
    Then we together make a building called the body of Christ[Eph 2.21-22]
    that grows to form the wall of the New Jerusalem [Rev 21.14]

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account