Trinity – t8's proof text #2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 523 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 17 2007,22:06)

Quote (t8 @ July 17 2007,21:46)
    Fair enough Isaiah. But it is pure speculation and should be held as an opinion only. I invite you to teach on the rooftops that which is written, but making absolute assumptions about Christ before the beginning isn't wise in my opinion. How can any man know if it isn't revealed?

It's an opinion based on what scripture has revealed about Yeshua. He “existed in the form [Gr. morphe = essential nature] of God” (Phil 2:6) and “was [Gr. en = continuous existence] God”. Then ho Logos took on the form of a bond servant and became flesh…..

What's not to get?

Um, the whole Trinity thing. It developed over time and then those where infected by it couldn't see that the Father is the true God.

The Trinity teaches eternal generation. Well what book teaches eternal generation (including the past – even before the beginning) of the son from the Father?

What book teaches that the Holy Spirit as the 3rd person was with God in the beginning?

It's all assumption Isaiah.

Isaiah I think that you should have figured out by now that many people here have heard what you are teaching and see that it doesn't line up with scripture. Sure you can take a verse here and there and come up with a theory, but weighed against the who council of truth in scripture it is found wanting.

If you teach a theory and it contradicts 100s of scriptures, then it doesn't matter how good you make it out to be, or how many times you mention the grammar really means this, or words like ontological mean that, people can simply judge for themselves because they have scripture and most people can grasp what is in scripture, even children can.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that perhaps you need to buy gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

Why don't you earnestly pray about it?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 18 2007,02:21)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    So the Son of God is God Himself?
    Not so.
    He is the Son of God.

Hi Nick.

The Son of God is God.

Look!

Isa 9:6  For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
      (MKJV)

Don't get upset at me. It is from the Bible.   :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    The Son of God is also the God Who has a son?
    You make it far more complicated than scripture does.
    Is the god of this world also god

Proclaimer
    Participant

Is CultB up to his old tricks and pasting the same thing into multiple discussions?

kejonn
    Participant

t8,

Its a mantra by now. He thinks if he posts it enough, we'll start seeing “his truth”.

Notice how he often puts “JWs” in his post. Methinks he has a disturbing obsession with Jehovah Witnesses.

Proclaimer
    Participant

True kejonn.

People who focus on cults cannot be focusing on God and his son. It stands to reason.

I have met a fair few people like this and the one's I have met, think that demons will latch onto if you go anywhere that demons are. In other words they give the kingdom of darkness too much power.

But if we are the light of the world, then what fear do we have of darkness?

Jesus walked in grave yards, hung out with prostitutes, and talked with Samaritans. I don't think Jesus was focussed on evil or cults. He just set about to do the Father's will. So how could evil overtake him? It couldn't if he was doing the Father's will.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 19 2007,14:19)
    True kejonn.

People who focus on cults cannot be focusing on God and his son. It stands to reason.

I have met a fair few people like this and the one's I have met, think that demons will latch onto if you go anywhere that demons are. In other words they give the kingdom of darkness too much power.

But if we are the light of the world, then what fear do we have of darkness?

Jesus walked in grave yards, hung out with prostitutes, and talked with Samaritans. I don't think Jesus was focussed on evil or cults. He just set about to do the Father's will. So how could evil overtake him? It couldn't if he was doing the Father's will.

t8. Are your doing the will of God by preaching your “another Jesus”?

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
    :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Trinity preaches another gospel of a god foreign to scripture.
    How can you live in constant judgement of others yet teach falsehood?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Instead of getting personal, you should open your eyes to the truths of the Bible.

Joh 7:42  Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

2Ti 2:8  Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You show that Jesus is of the seed of David, a man,
    and yet you teach he is our God?

God is not a man that He should lie.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God didn't die.
    God didn't pray to God.
    God didn't empty himself.
    God didn't contain himself exclusively in a body of flesh.
    God doesn't have a mother/There is no mother of God.

This is another gospel and it is also ridiculous to believe and teach such things.

Repentance is required for those who teach such things.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 23 2007,15:45)
    God didn't die.
    God didn't pray to God.

This is another gospel and it is also ridiculous to believe and teach such things.

t8. Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Phi 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phi 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. :O

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.  :O

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 23 2007,12:09)

Quote (t8 @ July 23 2007,15:45)
    God didn't die.
    God didn't pray to God.

t8. Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. :O

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. :O

Hey CultB.

Why don't you also quote the following:

Psalm 97:7
    All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols; worship him, all you gods (Elohim)!

Psalms 82:6
    “I said, `You are “gods” (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.'

John 10:34-36
    34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods (theos)'
    35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

You see the very use of the word 'elohim' and 'theos' doesn't prove that it is the God overall who is being spoken of. In fact in the above verses, it is being used in reference to sons/angels.

You fail to see such things and because you only see what you want, you only quote what you want. That is why you quote the same thing over and over.

If you loved the truth, then surely you would act in such a manner as this and you surely underestimate people if you think they will just blindly follow you. You have a lot to learn in life if you think that we will follow you.

Are not our lives important enough to check out all things. Why would we just follow your faulty reasoning? Give me one good reason?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 23 2007,12:09)
    Phi 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He was in the form of God. It doesn't say that he is God. In fact he is identified as another, not as God himself.
    He became a man, yes.
    He humbled himself yes.

Where is the Trinity?
    It isn't there is it?

If Jesus had divine nature and emptied himself and took on human nature, then does that teach the Trinity?

No. Rather he is the son of God and the son of man.

You see the Trinity because your mind is soaked in Trinity understanding. This is how delusion works.

Cult Buster
    Participant

So t8. Do you believe that God has the form of God :D

Do you believe that God is Elohiym   :D

No. Rather he is the son of God and the son of man.

So that you know who the Son is.

Isa 9:6  For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Isa 42:20  Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not. :O

Proclaimer
    Participant

It stands to reason that Christ came from God and is like him and from him. That doesn't mean that he is the one by whom he came.

He is the visible image of the invisible God. He is the manifestation of the glory, power, and wisdom of God.

You cannot seem to grasp the meaning of One true God and his image and son. You don't need a degree to understand it, but it seems that God doesn't reveal his truth to the wise and learned, but to the innocent.

So you can say what you like regarding your knowledge and teaching, but no matter how highly you esteem your knowledge, it is God who decides who receives his truth.

If you are not innocent enough to receive it, then you will only have intellectual ability to go on. The problem is that man's wisdom loses against God's foolishness and the spirit of man cannot comprehend. It is only revealed by the Spirit.

Do you know more than Christ, Paul, Peter, and John?
    Because you seem to be correcting them all the time.

Perhaps you should consider the possibility that you are deluded. Can you humble yourself to even consider this option?

Otherwise we are truly in the presence of a great man. So great that he even corrects Jesus Christ who is the truth. But hey, who believes that?

You give us no option CultB. You are deluded or you know better than Christ.

Q: Are you greater than Christ?
    A: No.

Here is the reason why we do not follow you:

John 10:14
    14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—

John 10:26-28
    26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

In other words we do not listen to the voice of another.

We say baah and we don't listen to the blah.

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8. You still haven't answered the question.

Do you believe that God has the form of God :D

Do you believe that God is Elohiym   :D

So that you know who the Son is.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ July 23 2007,14:00)
    t8. You still haven't answered the question.

Do you believe that God has the form of God :D

Do you believe that God is Elohiym

1) God is God and no one has seen his form. He isn't the recipient of divine nature, he is the origin.
    2) Elohim is used of God/YHWH, angel, sons of God, idols.

You don't need reformation, you need redefinition.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Rom 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    Rom 16:18  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

CB;

Who did the soldiers that crucified Christ say he was?

If Christ is God Almighty, who died on the cross and who was raised from the dead?

Mr. Steve

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 523 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account