Trinity – t8's proof text #2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 523 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ May 27 2007,21:40)
    Your doctrine is the same as Jehovah's Witnesses who deny the divine Person of the Holy Spirit.

Can you enjoy the fellowship of an energy force?

That is not correct.

I have never said that the Spirit is an energy force.

I have said that God is a Spirit and God is the Father.
    In other words,

The Father and YHWH is WHO God is.
    The Spirit is WHAT God is.

I have never said he is an impersonal force. The JWs may say that, but have you hear me say it?

You haven't have you?

Do you think you should humble yourself and apologise to me?
    I would accept your apology if you gave one.

2 Corinthians 3:17
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18
    And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

1 Cor. 2:11

“For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? IN THE SAME WAY no one knows the thoughts of God except the spirit of God.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

That pretty much sums it up doesn't it?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,14:33)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 28 2007,01:27)
    I am just curious t8.

How old are you?

Old enough to watch Sesame Street.

What about you?

:D

t8. Tell us  how old you are. My daughter is too old for Sesame St.  :D

In other words,

When you say The Father and YHWH; are you saying that they are two separate Beings. Then what about the Holy Spirit? Is He the third Person?

In your above quote, you describe the Father and YHWH as “WHO” and the Holy Spirit as “WHAT”.

The word “WHAT” seems rather impersonal, yet you capitalise the  name Spirit. You can see why you get lumped in with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Can you clarify your above statement as it appears ambiguous.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Which Spirit are you referring to?

1Jo 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Pe 1:11  Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Of course the Spirit of God is not another person.
    If God was separate from His own Spirit of Life would God be “I am who am”?

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,10:33)

I am just curious t8.

How old are you?

What about you?

t8

Thats what I figured!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 29 2007,13:41)

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,10:33)

I am just curious t8.

How old are you?

What about you?

t8

Thats what I figured!!!

Who is your favourite character?

Big Bird?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Fools are not born, they are made.

Men make themselves into fools when they ignore reason and truth, in order to pursue their own ideas through selfish ambition.

God also uses the simple things to confound them because God's foolishness is greater than their wisdom.

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,10:53)

Quote (Cult Buster @ May 27 2007,21:40)
    Your doctrine is the same as Jehovah's Witnesses who deny the divine Person of the Holy Spirit.

Can you enjoy the fellowship of an energy force?

That is not correct.

I have never said that the Spirit is an energy force.

In other words,

I have never said he is an impersonal force. The JWs may say that, but have you hear me say it?

You haven't have you?

Do you think you should humble yourself and apologise to me?
    I would accept your apology if you gave one.

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

t8

You say…

You just admitted that the Spirit is the (what/substance) of God.

Therefore you just admitted the Spirit and Jesus is God!

For since the “Spirit is what God is”, then the following scriptures confirm that Jesus is God!

Look…

Heb 1:3
    The Son is the radiance of God's glory and *the exact representation of his being*, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Gal 4:6
    And because ye are sons, *God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father*.

Phil 1:19
    For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Now, also to show t8 how you use the scriptures as you see fit and do not even hold to your own rules, you use the following scriptures applying them to the Father…

The word Lord here is “kurios” which you try to force as being exclusive to Jesus by quoting 1 Cor 8:6 and Eph 4:5, yet you say 2 Cor 3:17 and Heb 1:10 is the Father.

How convenient.

Remember t8 there is “One Spirit” which you said is “What God is”.

And according to the scriptures God has sent forth the Spirit of his Son, the Spirit of Jesus into our hearts.

The Spirit of Jesus lives in us which you say is “what God is”.

Can you see the fallacy of your teachings?

Its like not praying to Jesus when Jesus said “Come unto me”.

Its like Jesus being your Lord and Master and yet Jesus said you cant serve “2” masters.

How in the world can you claim Jesus as your Lord and Master and not “fellowship,commune” with him in prayer?

Its like having 2 Lords while the scriptures clearly teach that we are to have only “One Lord”.

Does God, or the Spirit of God or Jesus live inside of you t8?

The scriptures clearly teach Jesus lives in us by his Spirit!

And if the Spirit of Jesus is “What God is” then Jesus is God!

Can you see how that scripture just corrected you?

Are you to proud to admit that you are teaching a damnable doctrine?

1Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Scripture says Christ was filled with the Spirit.
    Was he filled with himself?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 11 2007,18:49)

For since the “Spirit is what God is”, then the following scriptures confirm that Jesus is God!

Look…

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and *the exact representation of his being*, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

And because ye are sons, *God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father*.

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Now, also to show t8 how you use the scriptures as you see fit and do not even hold to your own rules, you use the following scriptures applying them to the Father…

The word Lord here is “kurios” which you try to force as being exclusive to Jesus by quoting 1 Cor 8:6 and Eph 4:5, yet you say 2 Cor 3:17 and Heb 1:10 is the Father.

He he .

No so fast WJ.

Of course Jesus has a spirit, even you do. Jesus has a soul too.

But God is spirit and how else do you think we can be one with God? In spirit of course.

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

See that? The Spirit himself testifies with OUR spirit.

Galatians 4:6
    Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

See how God sent the Spirit of his son. So God and the son are different identities and the spirit of his son makes us cry out “Father”. Jesus calls God Father and Jesus spirit makes us say the same thing.

What I have said is written WJ.

If you do not understand it, then it is not me that confuses you rather it is a lack of understanding of spiritual things.

Do you see that, or are you still confused?

Cult Buster
    Participant

See what the arians own Bible says about the Holy Spirit.

“Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom.”    
    (2 Cor 3:17 New World Translation).

The Holy Spirit is Jehovah
                                             His Divinity is Stated :O

Quote (t8 @ June 11 2007,22:37)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 11 2007,18:49)

Look…

He he .

No so fast WJ.

Of course Jesus has a spirit, even you do. Jesus has a soul too.

But God is spirit and how else do you think we can be one with God? In spirit of course.

Galatians 4:6
    Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

See how God sent the Spirit of his son. So God and the son are different identities and the spirit of his son makes us cry out “Father”. Jesus calls God Father and Jesus spirit makes us say the same thing.

If you do not understand it, then it is not me that confuses you rather it is a lack of understanding of spiritual things.

t8

Jesus is the Spirit.

Look again.

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the *Spirit of God* dwell in you. Now if any man have not the *Spirit of Christ*, he is none of his.
    10 And if *Christ be in you*, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Do you see that? The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God.

II Cor 3:17
    Now the *Lord is that Spirit*: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You quote…

And who is this “Spirit himself”?

Verse 9 clearly shows us.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the *Spirit of God* dwell in you. Now if any man have not the *Spirit of Christ*, he is none of his.

The problem you have t8 is there is “One Spirit”, not 2, Jesus and the Fathers.

The Spirit (singular) proceeds from both the Father and the Son.

Rev 22:1
    And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

How do you think Jesus can “baptise” in the Spirit?

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

We have been made to drink of the selfsame Spirit.

1 Cor 2:13
    *For by one Spirit* are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made *to drink into one Spirit*.

This is what it means to “eat his flesh and drink his blood”!

1 Cor 12:11
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Do you see more than “One Spirit” here? ???

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access by *one Spirit* unto the Father.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and *one Spirit*, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

You said with your own mouth, “the spirit is what God is”.

So since Jesus is that One Spirit that dwells in us then by your own words Jesus is God.

You say…

What you have said, “the spirit is what God is”, is not written.

Though I would agree that God is Spirit and the Spirit is the substance or essence of God, Heb 1:3.

But you are the one who is confused, for you say “there is a Spirit of God” and a “Spirit of Jesus” which would be 2 Spirits.

You can see that cant you?

There is only one Spirit t8.

This is what is written.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You are yet to explain how, in your view, the Spirit of God
    is not only the Spirit that unites us to God
    but
    ALSO
    another person in God.
    Christ, as that Spirit, is born into us from above and lives in us.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2007,07:50)
    Hi W,
    You are yet to explain how, in your view, the Spirit of God
    is not only the Spirit that unites us to God
    but
    ALSO
    another person in God.
    Christ, as that Spirit, is born into us from above and lives in us.

NH

No, you are yet to explain how the Scriptures very clearly say that we have been made to drink into 'One Spirit”, which the scriptures call the “Spirit of Jesus” and the “Spirit of Christ” and the “Spirit of the Son” and the “Spirit of God”.

“One Spirit' NH. Not 2, the “Fathers Spirit”, and “Jesus Spirit”.

How many Spirits NH? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Indeed the Spirit is One.
    You have let the different language of Jn14-16
    lead you to presume God's Spirit is another person in God.
    But the Spirit is not another 'person in God' but the ONE Spirit of God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2007,10:47)
    Hi W,
    Indeed the Spirit is One.
    You have let the different language of Jn14-16
    lead you to presume God's Spirit is another person in God.
    But the Spirit is not another 'person in God' but the ONE Spirit of God.

NH

And so you say. But even so.

If the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus, and the Spirit of the Son is “One Spirit”, then that simply means that Jesus is God.

For scriptures clearly teach the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of God lives in us!

Can you see that?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Not so,
    Christ was fillled with the Spirit OF GOD, known in him as the Spirit of Christ.
    That Spirit lives in us.
    Christ lives in us.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2007,10:58)
    Hi W,
    Not so,
    Christ was fillled with the Spirit OF GOD, known in him as the Spirit of Christ.
    That Spirit lives in us.
    Christ lives in us.

NH

Is that “One Spirit” or 2 spirits?

???

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 523 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account