Trinity – t8's proof text #2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 523 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Amen Come, Lord Jesus.
    This is a prayer?

Not3in1
    Participant

I just read the main passage in 1 Corinthians for this thread.

Verse 28 is a bit perplexing. If there is co-equality within the triune God – how can Jesus be made subject to “God” ? So that this “God” can be all in all? What would that make Jesus then?

Is 1:18
    Participant

I did respond to that point on the first page of this thread.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,18:47)
    What is ambiguous about my answer?

Well it's ambiguous because I still have no clue what your “companionship” with Yeshua is based on. How can you have any kind of relationship with someone when there is no communicative interaction?

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 19 2007,19:54)

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,18:47)
    What is ambiguous about my answer?

Well it's ambiguous because I still have no clue what your “companionship” with Yeshua is based on. How can you have any kind of relationship with someone when there is no communicative interaction?

Hi All:

The way that I have that relationship with the Lord is doing what he asked, and he said: John 14:15
    If ye love me, keep my commandments.  Secondly, I sing the songs of Zion, such as: “I love you Lord, and I lift my voice to worship you…”.  Now I know that here you are going to say that is idolatry if Jesus is not God, but that is another subject.

As for prayer, Jesus told us to pray to the Father in his name, and he would do whatever we ask, and so he hears the songs that I sing to him and he also hears the prayers that I pray because he says that he will pray to Father in agreement to my prayer.

John 14:13
    And * * whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  
    14:14
    If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

He said that we should pray:  Mt 6:9
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Also, I have a relationship with him through fellowship with by Christian brothers and sisters who are obeying his Word.

Matt. 18:20
    For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

1 John 1:6
    If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:  
    1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another *, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.  
    1:8
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  
    1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  
    1:10
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

We have fellowhship with him by partaking of the Lord's supper.   1Co 11:24
    And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1Co 11:25
    After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

He communicates with us in that his Word is ever present with us.  Although he is not physically present with us on the earth (although he is present with us we just don't literally see him.  We walk by faith), it is he that is speaking to us through his Word.  

He is the head of the church, and he hears any prayers that go to the Father, and if the prayer is asked in his name, he said that he would do whatever we ask, and so when our prayers to God our Father are answered, Jesus has communicated with us.

Ephesians 5      
    5:19
    Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;  
    5:20
    Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

I hope that his helps.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

How can you have any kind of relationship with someone when there is no communicative interaction?

I never said there wasn't any communication interaction, because there is. I just didn't give you the answer you were looking for apparently? Again, some things are spiritually discerned. Your relationship with Jesus is yours. We are all different children/brethern to our Lord and he “communicates” differently with each on of us through God's glorious spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We are meant to do everything in the name of Christ because we are one with him.
    Colossians 3:17
    And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Not3in1
    Participant

94 writes:
    He is the head of the church, and he hears any prayers that go to the Father…..

This indeed is the truth. Jesus is our Mediator! An interesting point that should not go without saying – Jesus hears our prayers to the Father. I imagine that they have discussions about these prayers. God consults with his Son, and Jesus says, “Holy Father, have mercy on Mandy – please. I know what she is going through. I struggled with what she is praying about, I know how hard it is. Send her mercy and give her your grace dear Father. If you do that for her, I'll direct her to praise you more and by doing so, hopefully she will overcome!” Negotiation – mediation – Jesus is on our side. Now I can stand. :)

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 20 2007,03:24)
    How can you have any kind of relationship with someone when there is no communicative interaction?

I never said there wasn't any communication interaction, because there is.  I just didn't give you the answer you were looking for apparently?  Again, some things are spiritually discerned.  Your relationship with Jesus is yours.  We are all different children/brethern to our Lord and he “communicates” differently with each on of us through God's glorious spirit.

Hi again Not3,
    It appears that you are becoming annoyed with this line of questioning? I'm just trying to establish what the basis for your companionship with Yeshua is. At present I have no idea because you haven't given me anything solid to work with. Is this much true? – you, not3, do not actively communicate with Yeshua with your mind. If there is communication, it is not a conscious act on your behalf.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 20 2007,08:10)
    94 writes:
    He is the head of the church, and he hears any prayers that go to the Father…..

This indeed is the truth.  Jesus is our Mediator!  An interesting point that should not go without saying – Jesus hears our prayers to the Father.  I imagine that they have discussions about these prayers.  God consults with his Son, and Jesus says, “Holy Father, have mercy on Mandy – please.  I know what she is going through.  I struggled with what she is praying about, I know how hard it is.  Send her mercy and give her your grace dear Father.  If you do that for her, I'll direct her to praise you more and by doing so, hopefully she will overcome!”  Negotiation – mediation – Jesus is on our side.  Now I can stand.  :)

Her he…are you impling that your Yeshua, a creature, is capable of eavesdropping on potentially thousands of simultaneously uttered prayers and discerning their individual content? That's impressive, don't you think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    You highlight a difference between Christ and His Father.
    While of God it is said that he is not far from anyone [ Acts 17] Christ is only manifest in his branches.
    He only mediates for US.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 20 2007,08:48)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    While of God it is said that he is not far from anyone [ Acts 17] Christ is only manifest in his branches.
    He only mediates for US.

What do you mean by “Christ is only manifest in his branches”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    The body of Christ is the manifestation of Christ on earth.
    Few are in the body of Christ.

Not3in1
    Participant

It appears that you are becoming annoyed with this line of questioning? I'm just trying to establish what the basis for your companionship with Yeshua is. At present I have no idea because you haven't given me anything solid to work with. Is this much true? – you, not3, do not actively communicate with Yeshua with your mind. If there is communication, it is not a conscious act on your behalf.

Hi Isaiah,

No, no, I'm not annoyed at all. I'm enjoying this thread very much. Posting and email are poor excuses for real conversation, so it's just one of those things you may have read into a sentence or something? But there is no tone attached to anything I've written. I know that my answers are frustrating to you simply because I am not answering them in a way that satisfies you, but that doesn't mean that I do not have active communication with my Lord Jesus. It's just a form of communication that is obviously foreign to you and that is why you do not understand it. Or why my form of communication with Jesus is not acceptable to you.

You write:
    I'm just trying to establish what the basis for your companionship with Yeshua

The basis of my communication with Jesus (Yeshua as you prefer) is through God's holy spirit. This is the only answer I can give you. I'm sorry that it is not more settling for you. I mean this sincerely.

Not3in1
    Participant

Her he…are you impling that your Yeshua, a creature, is capable of eavesdropping on potentially thousands of simultaneously uttered prayers and discerning their individual content? That's impressive, don't you think?

Not “eavesdropping” – that would mean that Jesus is listening secretly or something? Jesus is the Son of God! He doesn't have to hide outside the door and hope to catch wind of what is going on with me. God has appointed him a Mediator – he comes before the throne and there is open sharing and communication with the Father and the Son.

Yes, I think it is very impressive. :)

Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    He only mediates for US.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make here. We both agree that both the Father and Yeshua are in Heaven, right? What is your point?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 20 2007,09:39)
    Hi Isaiah,

No, no, I'm not annoyed at all.  I'm enjoying this thread very much.  Posting and email are poor excuses for real conversation, so it's just one of those things you may have read into a sentence or something?  But there is no tone attached to anything I've written.  I know that my answers are frustrating to you simply because I am not answering them in a way that satisfies you, but that doesn't mean that I do not have active communication with my Lord Jesus.  It's just a form of communication that is obviously foreign to you and that is why you do not understand it.  Or why my form of communication with Jesus is not acceptable to you.

You write:
    I'm just trying to establish what the basis for your companionship with Yeshua

The basis of my communication with Jesus (Yeshua as you prefer) is through God's holy spirit.  This is the only answer I can give you.  I'm sorry that it is not more settling for you.  I mean this sincerely.

Hi again Not3. I think I am getting a read on it now. What is clear to me at this point is that you don't consciously communicate with Him. Outside of that it's only apparent that the companionship you have with Yeshua is some esoteric, mysterious spiritual phenomenon that cannot really be explained or comprehended – it's “spiritually discerned”.

For me it's more straight forward than that. I talk to Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ May 20 2007,19:49)

Hi Is 1.18,
    He only mediates for US.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make here. We both agree that both the Father and Yeshua are in Heaven, right? What is your point?

Hi Is1.18,
    There are two and the angels in heaven?
    Father and Son.
    Great.

Participant

Not3,
    There is a bigger picture to consider here. Yeshua wants a relationship with substance.

Matthew 7:21-23
    21″Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22″Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23″And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

I hope you will reconsider your stance on prayer to Yeshua. I'm sure He wants to hear from you.

Participant

Yes. But what was the point you were trying to make when you wrote:

“You highlight a difference between Christ and His Father.
    He only mediates for US.”

and how does it relate to:

The body of Christ is the manifestation of Christ on earth.
    Few are in the body of Christ.

and;

There are two and the angels in heaven?
    Father and Son.
    Great.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 523 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account