Trinity – t8's proof text #2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 523 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hi WJ, I was wondering when you were going to get here :)

Hey, don't say “sad” – tell me why you think it's redefining. The definitions I gave are reasonable, are they not? Which part is sad?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 19 2007,14:57)
    Hi not3,
    All they say here is always designed is to manipulate you, using the precious words of God, to accepting their false doctrine of trinity

NH

It would be nice to see some of the precious words of God coming from you rather than just name calling and critisising.

The constant flow of bitter water coming out of you is surely not of the Spirit of truth.

:O

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,14:45)
    WJ writes:
    Prayer is talking to a being you can not see.

Prayer is technically an earnest request or addressing a divinity.  God encourages us to bring all our requests to him, for it is God that can facilitate the answer to our prayers.  Jesus taught us to pray to God for this reason.

1 Cor. 1:9
    God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

So it is God who gave us the commandments, and it is God who calls us to fellowship with his Son.  Prayer to God is very different from the fellowship we are called to.

Fellowship is companionship.  Companionship is friendship.  Friendship is not prayer.  

With all due respect, WJ and Isaiah, I think you are making prayer too easy a thing by saying it is merely “talking” to Jesus; and in so doing, you are making him God.

If Jesus told me to pray to God – this will I do.  If God says that Jesus is my friend – then what a friend I have in Jesus!  :)

Okay, let's distill this down to it's basic elements Not3. How do you personally have companionship with Yeshua? Please be specific.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 19 2007,17:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 19 2007,14:57)
    Hi not3,
    All they say here is always designed is to manipulate you, using the precious words of God, to accepting their false doctrine of trinity

NH

It would be nice to see some of the precious words of God coming from you rather than just name calling and critisising.

The constant flow of bitter water coming out of you is surely not of the Spirit of truth.

:O

Hi w,
    Abide in the Word.

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,17:03)
    Hi WJ, I was wondering when you were going to get here :)

Hey, don't say “sad” – tell me why you think it's redefining.  The definitions I gave are reasonable, are they not?  Which part is sad?

Not3

No they are not.

Remember the day you got saved and called out “In Prayer” to Jesus.

How sweet it was.

The fellowship of his Spirit speaking to you and calling to you.

Jesus is our husband and Lord and Master.

We can not have an intimate relationship apart from prayer to him.

You can kid yourself if you want that you are not praying when you are talking to Jesus.

The truth is, if you place this kind of love and devotion to any other Spirit being other than God, I believe is in violation of his commandments.

In my opinion that is no different to praying to a saint like the catholics did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So all who do not walk as you do are idolaters?
    But wait!!
    The God you offer us-trinity-is not even mentioned once in the bible.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 19 2007,17:29)
    Hi W,
    So all who do not walk as you do are idolaters?
    But wait!!
    The God you offer us-trinity-is not even mentioned once in the bible.

NH

They serve “another” Jesus!

If you dont pray to him NH then no its not idolatry for you.

If you pray only to the Father and say “In Jesus name”.

Then no.

Problem is you have to go to the Son to get to the Father.

And if you go through a being that is not God, based on OT scriptures what would you call it NH?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I am not sure we should have you define sin for us if you worship another unscriptural god.

Not3in1
    Participant

Isaiah writes:
    Okay, let's distill this down to it's basic elements Not3. How do you personally have companionship with Yeshua? Please be specific.

Spirit to spirit.

God has given Jesus the spirit without measure. God has also given me his holy spirit.

Prayer is reserved for God. Even Paul who spoke with Jesus after the resurrection, directs his prayers to God – the Father of our dear Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah, I know you want a black and white answer. But some things are spiritual decerned. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

The problem with this WJ is that it is not Biblical.

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,17:43)

The problem with this WJ is that it is not Biblical.

Not3

What is not biblical?

And please give me scripture!

Thanks! :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Well, I'm afraid I cannot give you scripture because there isn't a scripture that says we have to pray to Jesus?

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,17:54)
    Well, I'm afraid I cannot give you scripture because there isn't a scripture that says we have to pray to Jesus?

Not3

Then show me scripture that says we cant pray to Jesus???

???

Not3in1
    Participant

Then show me scripture that says we cant pray to Jesus???

I cannot do that either.

I can show you scripture where Jesus gave a lesson on prayer and how to do it….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    While you are at it could you bring up the verses about not praying to Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzer.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ha – I wish I could, Nick. I am a baby scholar…..that is why I'm here……to learn from you guys where all these great scriptures are! Thanks!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    There are none and w should have more sense than to ask for such a definition of what not to do.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 19 2007,17:41)
    Isaiah writes:

Spirit to spirit.  

God has given Jesus the spirit without measure.  God has also given me his holy spirit.

Prayer is reserved for God.  Even Paul who spoke with Jesus after the resurrection, directs his prayers to God – the Father of our dear Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah, I know you want a black and white answer.  But some things are spiritual decerned.  :)

Not3, you are equivocating. Come on, it's not a difficult question. How do you, Not3, have “companionship” with Yeshua?

Participant

There are numerous instances in the NT when Yeshua was prayed to. The second to last verse of the Bible is a prayer to Yeshua:

Revelation 22:20
    He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly ” Amen Come, Lord Jesus.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

What is ambiguous about my answer?

Isaiah, I like you. You are a black and white kind of guy, huh? We need more people like you in the world! However, I cannot tell you “how” Jesus and I are friends. I mean, we don't hang out at the mall, and he doesn't call me on the phone. But he awakens my spirit (the spirit God gave me), and he moves me to worship God, and to want to know God more deeply. Through the spirit, I hear him speak to me (as he did to Paul – not in the same way, obviously), but he does speak to his brethern. In him is life…..he is the light that shines to guide my way through this life. “How” does that happen? Spirit to spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 523 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account